• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 KosherDill

KosherDill

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 September 2021 - 08:30 PM

Hello everyone! Glad to join this forum. This is a topic I'm interested in trying to make some sense of, so I'd appreciate your thoughts and theories.

On the Wikipedia page for the comic character John Constantine, there is a section entitled 'real life' which documents real life sightings of John Constantine. Several writers from Hellblazer have claimed to have seen John Constantine;

https://en.wikipedia...ne#In_real_life

There have also been sightings of Slenderman, Disney characters, The Shadow (Novel character) and Hanna Barbera characters. They weren't people in costumes.. Some of these sightings weren't even humanoid in nature. They were (to the witnesses) the actual characters themselves. This page documents a sighting of Slenderman by a woman who didn't even know he was a fictional character..

http://anomalyinfo.c...eting-encounter

https://mysteriousun...e-into-reality/

What was unusual about these sightings is they (the characters/entities) could interact with the physical world, and everyone else could see them, so it wasn't just one person who could see them at the same time. In one case that happened decades ago, which I can vaguely recall right now, some people were even killed, leaving one witness, who was disturbed for the rest of his life because of what he had seen. At first, it was a creepy looking silhouette out of some fog, then, when they became scared of it and correctly guessed what it was, that's when it started to fully appear and give chase, and it started to eat each of his friends, one by one, with only him surviving the encounter. When he gave a detailed description of what he saw and some drawings, it matched that of a character from a then-recently released cartoon show, except instead of being friendly, it was aggressive. It was as if they were flesh and blood entities, capable of talking, eating, opening doors, etc. From what I can recall right now, there was a search for bodies, but they could never be found, so it would seem as if something had eaten them, hence why no bodies could be recovered.

These entities don't seem to stick around for too long; with the John Constantine sightings, one of the writers decided to follow him around a corner, only to find that he'd disappeared!

Sometimes, these characters behave in a manner consistent with their source material. In other cases, they act out of character compared to their source material (ie, a friendly character being violent, or threatening).

I'm not sure if this is related to ghosts, but I was thinking about it earlier and just wondered what people's thoughts are on this phenomenon.

#2 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • 1,894 posts
  • Interests:Digital Stills / Auditory Enigmas

Posted 23 September 2021 - 12:56 AM

If these sightings can't be validated, I'd be tempted to see it as nothing more than an inexpensive way of media exposure.

Constantine 2

The movie was started back in 2020 which shows that the movie is expected to release at the end of 2021 or by 2022.

Interesting News

I was told as a child by my father, "Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see." My view has changed as I've aged, I believe even less than half of what I see.

Edited by EVP, 23 September 2021 - 01:03 AM.

Posted Image

#3 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • 12,572 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 23 September 2021 - 03:20 AM

Pretty sure what you're describing is a Tulpa:

Since the 1970s, tulpas have been a feature of Western paranormal lore. In contemporary paranormal discourse, a tulpa is a being that begins in the imagination but acquires a tangible reality and sentience. Tulpas are created either through a deliberate act of individual will or unintentionally from the thoughts of numerous people. The tulpa was first described by Alexandra David-Néel (1868–1969) in Magic and Mystery in Tibet (1929) and is still regarded as a Tibetan concept. However, the idea of the tulpa is more indebted to Theosophy than to Tibetan Buddhism. This article explores the murky origins of the tulpa to show how the concept emerged from a dialogue between East and West in which Theosophical metaphysics were combined with terms adapted from Tibetan Buddhism.

Can't find the story, but a group of writers created a character, kept giving it traits etc and they began physically seeing it. Can't vouch for the truth here, but interesting

Edited by Vlawde, 23 September 2021 - 03:21 AM.

Posted Image

#4 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • 1,894 posts
  • Interests:Digital Stills / Auditory Enigmas

Posted 23 September 2021 - 04:40 AM

View PostVlawde, on 23 September 2021 - 03:20 AM, said:

Can't find the story, but a group of writers created a character, kept giving it traits etc and they began physically seeing it. Can't vouch for the truth here, but interesting

I believe you're referring to the Philip Experiment Vlawde.

Here's a shortened version with both sides of the story being told.

Edited by EVP, 23 September 2021 - 04:43 AM.

Posted Image

#5 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • 12,572 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 23 September 2021 - 05:45 AM

View PostEVP, on 23 September 2021 - 04:40 AM, said:

I believe you're referring to the Philip Experiment Vlawde.

Here's a shortened version with both sides of the story being told.

That's it, thanks!
Posted Image

#6 Gothickangel

Gothickangel

Gothickangel.ca

• GS Member
  • 114 posts
  • Interests:Blogging, Shamanisn, The Occult (studying only), Spirit Guides, Astral Projection, Website & Digital Media, Drawing, Camping and Gardening.

Posted 24 September 2021 - 05:58 AM

They had an episode about it on Supernatural the tv series.

Posted Image

Light and Shadow. A place where the line is blurred between both worlds.

Nothing is as it seems. Shadow doesn't always mean evil and light doesn't always mean divine.

#7 MrsFrootloops

MrsFrootloops

Lead Moderator

• Root Admin
  • 2,482 posts
  • Interests:Anything artistic, baking, cooking, waffles, comics, games, hamsters, and um, things lol.

Posted 27 September 2021 - 05:02 PM

The universe is a strange place.

Couple of thoughts from me.
1. Interdimensional beings who find us tasty and think that fun cartoon characters will entice us to get close enough to eat us with out a fight.
2. Aliens.
3.Mass hysteria.
4.Internet people just having fun and writing stories.

#8 AceOfSpades

AceOfSpades

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 September 2021 - 01:36 AM

If I may interject, most of the theories the previous users have posted are sound, but I have one that may seem more valid.  Granted Tulpas could have a factor into it, but the main meat of this is multiverse theory.

For those who don't know. Multiverse theory, is a theory that there may be more than one universe instead of merely one big universe.  Many big media companies especially comic books made by Marvel and DC, have extended that theory to the idea that with multiple universes, there are multiple Earths and Earth-like planets.

The Arrowverse dumbed it down, by having Earths where for example, The Nazis won WWII or every hero in one universe is a villain in another.

So, to an extent. If there are multiple universes, with multiple Earths, then theoretically there should exist more than one Earth where what we see as fiction could be real.  From what we consider myths like various religious figures and deities, to comic book heroes and villains to even something horrifying like say all the monsters H.P. Lovecraft created.

Now I know what you're thinking. "What does this have to do with meeting fictional characters in real life?"

That's the beauty of it. Some of these universes tend to clash with one and other every now and then.  John Constantine could have just suddenly appeared before Moore from his Earth's version of the town he was staying at, at the time. Most of the time these universes clash in ways we don't expect. Ever had dreams where you were in an alternate version of your world where say, your parents hate you because in that world your the next Hitler?  Ever had dreams of meeting people you've never saw before in this world, yet are either chummy to you in that world or hate your guts for something that world's version of you did?  Maybe they're not dreams at all.  Maybe you crossed over to that universe without knowing it.