• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Monrid Darko

Monrid Darko

Apport

• GS Member
  • 72 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 09:20 PM

The earth is flat wow, I mean all my life I've known hat the earth is a sphere and i have sort of my own theories to prove that the earth is a sphere, but I must say the flat earth theory is really fascinating they make valid points about the spherical earth...

#2 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,830 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 09:09 AM

Not to sure what flat theory you mean.
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#3 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,190 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 09:17 AM

View PostKlaineyGStudy, on 09 December 2017 - 09:09 AM, said:

Not to sure what flat theory you mean.

Me too, Klainey.  :wacko:

#4 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,068 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 09 December 2017 - 09:31 AM

There actually is a flat earth society. NBA player Kyrie irving thinks the world is flat.

Of course, we have proof the world is a sphere, but some of the folks that think it's flat have some pretty elaborate explanations (that make little sense) about how NASA and other scientific bodies are faking everything that shows  the world is round.
Posted Image

#5 Snowlord

Snowlord

Ghoststudy's Official Photo Expert

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts
  • Interests:Photography ... Chess ... Nature ... Astronomy ... Kicking Butt...stuff like that.

Posted 09 December 2017 - 05:40 PM

Flat Earth believers have very little evidence for their ideas, and it is all easily debunked. They don't believe in gravity, the Moon, the Sun, or basically anything above 200 miles up. They think we have never been to orbit, that we have never traveled in a straight line across the surface of the Earth, circumnavigation of the Earth has never happened. Any good evidence of the globe Earth, such as satellite photos, astronaut photos, GPS, the space program, and anything else of a similar nature is all fake. Some believe that the Moon and Sun are holograms. They are quite a silly bunch.

#6 EVP

EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts
  • Interests:Digital Stills / Auditory Enigmas

Posted 10 December 2017 - 01:39 AM

View PostSnowlord, on 09 December 2017 - 05:40 PM, said:

Flat Earth believers have very little evidence for their ideas, and it is all easily debunked.

I believe this is key here and the projected thought by the OP is that those believing in the paranormal don't need evidence to substantiate their belief systems.

#7 PIT leader

PIT leader

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts
  • Interests:ghost-hunting,videogames,metal and house music,horror films,comics

Posted 10 December 2017 - 08:18 AM

I believe in a lot of conspiracy theories, including some very "out there" ones (for example, I do believe that the elite are possessed by reptillian entities.) However, I don't get the flat Earth idea at all. Let's say that they're right (I don't believe they are),  how would finding out the earth is flat change our lives in any way? It's a lot of effort for a theory that's incredibly unlikely to be true and wouldn't change our everyday lives anyway.
We have such sights to show you!

IF YOU HAVE TIME, VIEW MY VIDEOS (NOT PARANORMAL) AT   https://www.youtube....cGDuiN3AKqdqNpQ

#8 Snowlord

Snowlord

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts
  • Interests:Photography ... Chess ... Nature ... Astronomy ... Kicking Butt...stuff like that.

Posted 10 December 2017 - 07:12 PM

View PostPIT leader, on 10 December 2017 - 08:18 AM, said:

I believe in a lot of conspiracy theories, including some very "out there" ones (for example, I do believe that the elite are possessed by reptillian entities.) However, I don't get the flat Earth idea at all. Let's say that they're right (I don't believe they are),  how would finding out the earth is flat change our lives in any way? It's a lot of effort for a theory that's incredibly unlikely to be true and wouldn't change our everyday lives anyway.

I think it is not a matter of changing our lives, but a matter of discrediting science and rationality so that anyone can make up whatever information they like to become someone important.

#9 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • 12,068 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 08:32 PM

Sadly, that seems to be the trend these days
Posted Image

#10 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts
  • Interests:WOW, our dogs and hanging with good people!

Posted 12 December 2017 - 05:42 AM

View PostSnowlord, on 10 December 2017 - 07:12 PM, said:

I think it is not a matter of changing our lives, but a matter of discrediting science and rationality so that anyone can make up whatever information they like to become someone important.

Nailed it!

More and more people use their own feelings to validate whatever narrative they desire / choose to believe.  I believe that with so many "sources" of news (big or small) that perpetuate stories ending in a "?" is what causes many people to wander out to the woods and start believing all sorts of crazy stuff.
Just because you have one....doesn't mean you have to act like one - Louczar
Life is short, enjoy it!

#11 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • 12,068 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 08:45 AM

People do that with the news. If something conflicts with their views, it must be fake news. Some people will stick to their viewpoint based on emotion, not logic, and will refuse to consider the facts
Posted Image

#12 Monrid Darko

Monrid Darko

Apport

• GS Member
  • 72 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 08:21 PM

But what about all the valid points they make.... E.i what lies beyond Antarctica, why it's being hidden away from general public, how come no one has any property there despite all the minerals that that Admiral bird guy saw... How about the fact that there's land underneath tee iceberg.... Is there really an edge of the world.... All these theories make a lot of sense....

Quite recently NASA admitted they've never even left orbit there's this Van-Allen belt or radiation that's stopping teem from reaching beyond... Could that be that glass dome that Hillary Clinton spoke of,

#13 Monrid Darko

Monrid Darko

Apport

• GS Member
  • 72 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 08:23 PM

Trust me believing the earth is flats is the most ridiculous thing I've come across I mean the spherical earth makes more sense than Giant ice wall stopping the seas

#14 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts
  • Interests:WOW, our dogs and hanging with good people!

Posted 13 December 2017 - 05:24 AM

View PostVlawde, on 12 December 2017 - 08:45 AM, said:

People do that with the news. If something conflicts with their views, it must be fake news. Some people will stick to their viewpoint based on emotion, not logic, and will refuse to consider the facts

a very sad truth these days :-(
Just because you have one....doesn't mean you have to act like one - Louczar
Life is short, enjoy it!

#15 Snowlord

Snowlord

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 10:02 AM

View PostMonrid Darko, on 12 December 2017 - 08:21 PM, said:

... But what about all the valid points they make.... E.i what lies beyond Antarctica, why it's being hidden away from general public, how come no one has any property there despite all the minerals that that Admiral bird guy saw... How about the fact that there's land underneath tee iceberg.... Is there really an edge of the world.... All these theories make a lot of sense....

Quite recently NASA admitted they've never even left orbit there's this Van-Allen belt or radiation that's stopping teem from reaching beyond... Could that be that glass dome that Hillary Clinton spoke of ...

No ... these are not valid points ... all are easily debunked and do not prove a flat earth. The NASA stuff and other things mentioned are just unsupportable conspiracy theories. No reliable information there.

Edited by Snowlord, 13 December 2017 - 10:02 AM.

#16 DreamerSeeker

DreamerSeeker

Apport

• GS Member
  • 70 posts
  • Interests:Dreaming, Writing Poetry, Drawing, Music, and Movies

Posted 27 January 2018 - 08:04 AM

I don't understand why people still think the earth is flat when we have telescopes, satellites, as well as first-hand astronauts, which all clearly show planets are spherical. Do all you believers think the sun, other stars, and planets are flat too?

Edited by DreamerSeeker, 27 January 2018 - 08:08 AM.

#17 moiraesfate

moiraesfate

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,476 posts

Posted 28 January 2018 - 09:15 PM

Well, if you don't believe there's anything beyond Antarctica, how about you take a trip and walk it? I'm sorry but there is proof that it's round. Come down to Lake Ponchatrain and take the Causeway bridge, you will see the curvature of the earth because it's so long. You won't doubt any more. It's round.