• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 PIT leader

PIT leader

Demon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • Interests:ghost-hunting,videogames,metal and house music,horror films,comics

Posted 27 January 2018 - 06:36 AM

At 7:50PM UK Time last night, I saw a UFO. I was about to open my bedroom window, when I saw a very bright electric blue sphere in the sky near the house. I assumed it was a particularly visible planet (it was very bright), so rushed downstairs to get a camera. By the time I had returned upstairs, it had vanished. It's worth noting that the lights had been flickering in my local area all evening as well.
We have such sights to show you!

IF YOU HAVE TIME, VIEW MY VIDEOS (NOT PARANORMAL) AT   https://www.youtube....cGDuiN3AKqdqNpQ

#2 DreamerSeeker

DreamerSeeker

Apport

• GS Member
  • 63 posts
  • Interests:Dreaming, Writing Poetry, Drawing, Music, and Movies

Posted 27 January 2018 - 06:55 AM

PIT leader,
That is very cool. I don't know if it is a coincidence... but last night (in the USA), I had a dream that I saw a bright blue light in the sky. In my dream, it was half blue and half red like in a swirl of the two colors. I went to get my mom to look but the red part vanished and it was just bright blue. In my dream, I assumed it was the rare upcoming "super blue blood moon" phenomenon :D . Then I woke up. It was a weird dream but funny I dreamt of a blue light and then I read your story here. Very interesting and thanks for sharing!

Edited by DreamerSeeker, 27 January 2018 - 06:56 AM.

#3 MrsFrootloops

MrsFrootloops

Lead Moderator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,279 posts
  • Interests:Anything artistic, baking, cooking, waffles, comics, games, hamsters, and um, things lol.

Posted 27 January 2018 - 08:01 AM

View PostPIT leader, on 27 January 2018 - 06:36 AM, said:

At 7:50PM UK Time last night, I saw a UFO. I was about to open my bedroom window, when I saw a very bright electric blue sphere in the sky near the house. I assumed it was a particularly visible planet (it was very bright), so rushed downstairs to get a camera. By the time I had returned upstairs, it had vanished. It's worth noting that the lights had been flickering in my local area all evening as well.

That's so cool and scary. Did you stay up to see if it came back?
Posted Image

#4 PIT leader

PIT leader

Demon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 27 January 2018 - 08:22 AM

DreamerSeeker: that's an interesting dream and may be more than a coinicidence, thanks for sharing :)

MrsFrootloops: I checked back regularly but it never returned, although it was really cloudy outside. I'm hoping it'll return some time, next time I'll watch it for longer.

There was apparently a powercut nearby which was causing the flickering lights, although I'd like to think the UFO was in some way responsible.

IF YOU HAVE TIME, VIEW MY VIDEOS (NOT PARANORMAL) AT   https://www.youtube....cGDuiN3AKqdqNpQ

#5 MrsFrootloops

MrsFrootloops

Lead Moderator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,279 posts
  • Interests:Anything artistic, baking, cooking, waffles, comics, games, hamsters, and um, things lol.

Posted 27 January 2018 - 08:46 AM

I hope it comes back.

Lol, what if they are watching you, watching them, watching you.
Posted Image

#6 jwc

jwc

Apport

• GS Member
  • 53 posts

Posted 27 January 2018 - 08:51 AM

Interesting i have witnessed UFO's on two occasions. One sighting was the famous Phoenix lights

#7 Vlawde

Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,973 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 27 January 2018 - 09:55 AM

I'm  a big UFO buff myself. I wonder if the flickering power in this case had perhaps caused this blue ball, could be an electrical phenomena
Posted Image

#8 True North

True North

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 205 posts

Posted 27 January 2018 - 10:41 AM

... I saw a very bright electric blue sphere in the sky near the house. I assumed it was a particularly visible planet...

Um... if it was near, why would you assume it's a planet?

Edited by True North, 27 January 2018 - 10:47 AM.

#9 PIT leader

PIT leader

Demon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 27 January 2018 - 01:22 PM

Solely based on it's appearance, it looked a lot like Neptune, yet it seemed too close. A planet or star was the only "rational" explanation I could think of.

#10 Snickers

Snickers

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 231 posts

Posted 27 January 2018 - 03:30 PM

Our house is a hot spot for ufo's. And every time, when I go to get my camera, they disappear. Do they know?
Don't tell me that I didn't see what I saw, or didn't hear what I heard.......Snickers

#11 True North

True North

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 205 posts

Posted 27 January 2018 - 04:21 PM

View PostPIT leader, on 27 January 2018 - 01:22 PM, said:

Solely based on it's appearance, it looked a lot like Neptune, yet it seemed too close. A planet or star was the only "rational" explanation I could think of.

My point was that if you judged the object to be "near", it makes no sense for you to then identify the object as something that's very very far away (like a planet or star). Meaning your account itself is contradictory in this sense.

You now say this sphere, "based on it's appearance", "looked a lot like like Neptune". Neptune??

No way you saw Neptune. It's essentially impossible to see with the naked eye, you'd have to have eyes like a hawk and be far away from any residential lights with perfect visibility.

#12 DreamerSeeker

DreamerSeeker

Apport

• GS Member
  • 63 posts
  • Interests:Dreaming, Writing Poetry, Drawing, Music, and Movies

Posted 27 January 2018 - 06:05 PM

View PostSnickers, on 27 January 2018 - 03:30 PM, said:

Our house is a hot spot for ufo's. And every time, when I go to get my camera, they disappear. Do they know?
I think they do know somehow. But I wonder why they are meant to be kept a secret? You're lucky that your house is a hotspot...I'm jealous lol.

#13 PIT leader

PIT leader

Demon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 28 January 2018 - 08:22 AM

True North:  I am not an astronomer and know little about it, I am not deliberately trying to deceive anyone, it's just not a topic I'm familiar with. The object I saw in the sky resembled a planet so I assumed there may have been some kind of phenomena that could have made it appear more visible and closer to the house . It looked out of place which is why I went to get a camera. I don't think it was Neptune, I just used that as an example of the colour of the object.

#14 MrsFrootloops

MrsFrootloops

Lead Moderator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,279 posts

Posted 28 January 2018 - 09:20 AM

I was thinking when you ment near the house, it was up higher in the sky, because like when you look straight up, that part of the sky is closer to you than say when you look off into the horizon.
Posted Image

#15 True North

True North

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 205 posts

Posted 28 January 2018 - 10:44 AM

Pit Leader: if you familiarize yourself with the night sky and the most visible planets this will help you identify what you could or could not be looking at in the future. Venus is the brightest/largest-looking planet or 'star' in the sky. If you familiarize yourself with Venus you can use it's appearance as a reference point to immediately gauge the brightness/size of any other objects you see. So in comparison, if you see a stationary object that's significantly larger or brighter in appearance (or the same size/brightness but a significantly different color) you'll know right away you're not looking at a planet.

#16 PIT leader

PIT leader

Demon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 28 January 2018 - 02:07 PM

MrsFrootloops: yeah, that's exactly what I meant. It was visible from my window and seemed "near" to the house yet was still in the sky above the house, which is why at first I thought it was a star or planet as it was very bright.

TrueNorth: That's a good idea, it'll help me rule things out. I assumed it may have been a planet at the time as that was the only thing I could think of that could be that bright and stationery. After doing more reading and with your replies, we can rule a planet out for sure. It could have been a star but it was very bright electric blue and I've never seen a star that looks like that before.

#17 True North

True North

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 205 posts

Posted 28 January 2018 - 06:18 PM

Pit Leader: you can rule out a star as well. Again, Venus is the brightest/largest celestial body in the night sky (besides the moon of course), and so any stationary object that looks brighter/larger than Venus is not a planet OR a star... especially if it's a totally different color. This is why it's helpful to familiarize yourself with what Venus looks like to the naked eye, and once you have a good idea of what it looks like you'll be able to make the comparison to other objects you see from memory. Venus is really easy to find as it's the only visible 'star' in the sky for awhile during twilight hours (the transitional period between day and night in the morning and evening).

Here's a quick guide to help you find it if you're having trouble:
https://sciencing.co...ky-6180772.html

#18 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,286 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 04:01 AM

PIT thanks for sharing your experience. :yes:

I also think you were trying to give a description of what you saw ;)
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#19 PIT leader

PIT leader

Demon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 08:46 AM

https://www.theguard...o-sky?CMP=fb_gu

A friend on Facebook suggested this as a potential cause, it seems a fair description of the brightness and shape but surely it wouldn't have disappeared so quickly.

Vlawde: I looked up blue ball lightning. It's a similar colour but there was no lightning at all during the day or night, it's a possibility though.

TrueNorth: Thanks again for the advice. Do you have any ideas what it could be?

#20 Vlawde

Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,973 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 29 January 2018 - 08:52 AM

I wasn't necessarily suggesting ball lightning, but some type of electrical discharge from the power lines or something
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users