White Noise Helps Me Sleep, But....

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 musicman_83

musicman_83

Orb

• GS Member
  • 29 posts
  • Interests:Gaming (ps3, xbox, WoW), music, Reading and writing fantasy/horror/sci-fi.

Posted 26 February 2011 - 04:30 PM

I used to hear whispering conversations all the time.  They seemed to have stopped when I moved out of my parents house.  I remember once, I kept hearing a very hushed conversation, but I couldn't make out any words.  I also kept hearing footsteps.  Both of these seemed to be coming from the living room.  My bedroom is connected to it.  I couldn't sleep because of it, so i thought if I slept on the couch in the living room it would go away, so I moved.  It didn't help any, because as I lay there on the couch, I could still hear the voices and footsteps, and they were still in the living room.  I was quite freaked out by then so I went back into my bedroom and eventually fell asleep.

I did come to a conclusion though.  The more caffeine I consumed before bed, the more I heard stuff.  After cutting down on the Mtn. Dew after 7 it didn't really happen too much.
Finally got my dark fantasy novella up on Amazon Kindle Bookstore, Title: Brotherhood of the Claw
My rotten writing blog: http://www.cfkitchen.com

#22 RedWyv3

RedWyv3

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 268 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 09:00 PM

View Postmusicman_83, on 26 February 2011 - 04:30 PM, said:

I used to hear whispering conversations all the time.  They seemed to have stopped when I moved out of my parents house.  I remember once, I kept hearing a very hushed conversation, but I couldn't make out any words.  I also kept hearing footsteps.  Both of these seemed to be coming from the living room.  My bedroom is connected to it.  I couldn't sleep because of it, so i thought if I slept on the couch in the living room it would go away, so I moved.  It didn't help any, because as I lay there on the couch, I could still hear the voices and footsteps, and they were still in the living room.  I was quite freaked out by then so I went back into my bedroom and eventually fell asleep.

I did come to a conclusion though.  The more caffeine I consumed before bed, the more I heard stuff.  After cutting down on the Mtn. Dew after 7 it didn't really happen too much.

Interesting!

Until I was about 25, I heard a TV in the background no matter where I was. It was always on a news channel or similar, you couldn't make out the words. Then, one day, the sounds stopped. Perhaps your experience is the same - some sort of auditory hallucination?

Warning: My intelligence is only surpassed by my ability to feign stupidity.
Member of Pasadena Paranormal Research Team
You can find me at:  My Google+ Profile

#23 Judecat

Judecat

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 05:25 PM

I had some nerve damage in my audio nerves when I was a baby,  and I've always heard things in white noise,  I seem to hear things like radio broadcasts of baseball games,  rock music,  conversations, etc,  mostly when I'm using a fan or an AC.  It's simply my brain trying to make a pattern of the  of the white noise --sort of Audio paradolia.  Either that Ozzie Osborn is haunting my air conditioner.

#24 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,634 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 07:05 AM

I started hearing voices several years ago It started off as a humming noise in my right ear ( I know! you are going to say tinnitus). It was so loud in the night it would keep me up. When  I hear voices I am usually deep in thought. I hear these voices loud and clear, although, I don't recognise them as people I have known and what is said is mostly related to my family.

I am unable to make this happen on demand and have no control over it.  I am always deep into my own thoughts when it happens and I will hear a second voice talk into my right ear. However,  I found if  I used my ceiling fan or aircon to disguises the humming sound in my ear, it would take care of the voices too (much to hubbies displeasure in winter with the fan on).

I also have found sometimes during the night if I wake up I am in deep conversation; from memory, it is always a one-sided conversation ( I don't hear anyone else talking) and I quickly lose what I am talking about in a matter of seconds. No matter how hard I try to recall it.

Oh yes and lastly when I go off to sleep or meditating I get to a stage, where I see a vivid fluorescent purple vortex that has lighting like swirls in it. I know I am not dreaming and if I open my eyes I can still see its form. Also, when I was a young child my sister and I both saw transparent dots; for a better description, they looked like soap bubbles (100's of them) night or day. I used to be very frightened of them as a child but now I don't see as many and I mostly see them in the night.

Thanks for reading I would be interested in hearing from anyone who has had similar experiences Posted Image
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#25 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,025 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 16 March 2011 - 10:19 AM

The transparent dots sound like floaters, a perfectly normal thing. Floaters are little specks of debris floating through the vitreous fluid in the eyeball. I saw them all the time when I was young, hardly at all since
Posted Image

#26 petunia4998

petunia4998

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 05:53 PM

lol  That's because your eyeballs are drying up.  It happens as one ages.  I am the same way.  :bunny:

#27 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,634 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 12:35 AM

View PostVlawde, on 16 March 2011 - 10:19 AM, said:

The transparent dots sound like floaters, a perfectly normal thing. Floaters are little specks of debris floating through the vitreous fluid in the eyeball. I saw them all the time when I was young, hardly at all since

Hi Vlawde,

As you say floaters are perfectly normal, however, they are rare in children. They normally occur later in life and is part of the ageing process of the eye. I work with ophthalmologists and know the difference between the dots I have seen all my life and floaters :yes:  Floaters move as your eye moves. In other words, if you try to focus on the floater they seem to move away following the eye movement, so you can't really focus on the floater.

Believe me, I know this isn't the case with me. If I had floaters in the volume I saw them as a child; I would have had a detached retina! Maybe yours weren't floaters either!! Posted Image
Posted Image

#28 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • 12,025 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 10:40 AM

I dunno. i just remember being able to look at them and track their movement versus my eyes movement ( always a bit behind)  I was told it was normal, and just haven't seen them much for a long time.
Posted Image

#29 Angelwngs

Angelwngs

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 09:44 AM

Hey all, I am new and I also live in Arizona.

#30 GFK

GFK

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 36 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 11:16 AM

Maybe the white noise is helping you psychically open up by drowning out other distractions.  Maybe theres something to it.  Just a thought.

#31 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • 12,025 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 11:26 AM

Some theorize that using white noise helps spirits to communicate with EVP's. If that's true, that could be a factor.

Or conversely, white noise in EVP's makes for audio matrixing similar to what's being discussed here. Hehe kind of like which came first, the chicken or the egg!
Posted Image

#32 larry

larry

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 275 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 04:29 AM

Have you thought about wearing ear- muffs to bed? Not attractive I know, but maybe a preferable option? It doesn't seem like the recordings are having the desirable effect-aren't they meant to relax your senses, rather than stimulate the brain to this degree?

Maybe your mind is simply "on guard", knowing as you settle in bed that there is too much noise for you to remain appropriately alert in your role as father, husband and protector. It may be straining to make sense of the random and often unfamiliar noises, in order to tune-in to any unrelated (and suspicious) sounds. It could explain why you feel you hear the kids- your instincts are trying to fight the distraction. Just a thought??

View PostAngelwngs, on 31 March 2011 - 09:44 AM, said:

Hey all, I am new and I also live in Arizona.

Hello and a big welcome "Angelwngs" :innocent0005:

Edited by larry, 16 April 2011 - 04:32 AM.

#33 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,634 posts

Posted 27 July 2018 - 09:46 PM

View PostGFK, on 09 April 2011 - 11:16 AM, said:

Maybe the white noise is helping you psychically open up by drowning out other distractions.  Maybe theres something to it.  Just a thought.

I feel white noise can help assist with psychic abilities. I know sometimes my frequency of sound changes,  it is strange to explain, it is like listening to a breeze outside while hearing voices only to look outside and everything is still. Some call it raising your vibrations and when you think about it, it isn't that hard to believe because "sound" is vibrations.
Posted Image

#34 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,908 posts

Posted 28 July 2018 - 10:46 PM

Good points Klainey, I only use white noise when the neighbours are being too loud and I can't sleep! Maybe I should branch out in its use :D
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#35 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts
  • Interests:WOW, our dogs and hanging with good people!

Posted 29 July 2018 - 07:43 AM

I personally have to have some type of white noise to sleep.
Just because you have one....doesn't mean you have to act like one - Louczar
Life is short, enjoy it!