- The buzzer for the fitting rooms will constantly go off when the store is closed and no one is back there to press it. I've witnessed this myself.
- The night crew has found merchandise shoved off the shelves that was ON the shelves only moments before (they would be working in an aisle, leave it for a few seconds, come back and find stuff on the floor when no one else had been near the aisle).
- This was told to me by my office lead. I was working back in the cash office one morning very early and it was just me and one of the assistant store managers in the store - no one else. She was doing something over in Layaway and I was back in the office doing my thing and my manager heard a woman scream from somewhere within the store. Keep in mind the store was closed and we were the only two employees there. Naturally, she thought it was me so she went back to the office to check on me, but I was working like normal. She never mentioned this to me when it happened or afterwards (I guess she didn't want me to think she was crazy). She told my office lead about the incident, though, who then told me later.
- I saw a musical Disney Christmas snow globe go off on it's own when no one was anywhere near it (there's a button you press on the front of it to activate the music).
- People hear footsteps in the loft above Layaway in the back of the store when no one (living, at least) is up there).
If I come across any more stories, I'll post them here!
Edited by Gina Bear, 27 December 2007 - 10:41 PM.