Haunted Kmart Store

• You cannot reply to this topic
8 replies to this topic

#1 Gina Bear

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 21 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 10:38 PM

I currently in a Kmart store in mid-Michigan that was built and opened in the early 1960's. It has a reputation amongst the employees for being a bit haunted. Back in the 1980's, a man shot and killed himself in the alleyway between the Kmart store and Goodwill next door, so maybe that's the cause of some of the phenomena? A list of things that occur at the store as witnessed by employees:

- The buzzer for the fitting rooms will constantly go off when the store is closed and no one is back there to press it. I've witnessed this myself.

- The night crew has found merchandise shoved off the shelves that was ON the shelves only moments before (they would be working in an aisle, leave it for a few seconds, come back and find stuff on the floor when no one else had been near the aisle).

- This was told to me by my office lead. I was working back in the cash office one morning very early and it was just me and one of the assistant store managers in the store - no one else. She was doing something over in Layaway and I was back in the office doing my thing and my manager heard a woman scream from somewhere within the store. Keep in mind the store was closed and we were the only two employees there. Naturally, she thought it was me so she went back to the office to check on me, but I was working like normal. She never mentioned this to me when it happened or afterwards (I guess she didn't want me to think she was crazy). She told my office lead about the incident, though, who then told me later.

- I saw a musical Disney Christmas snow globe go off on it's own when no one was anywhere near it (there's a button you press on the front of it to activate the music).

- People hear footsteps in the loft above Layaway in the back of the store when no one (living, at least) is up there).

If I come across any more stories, I'll post them here!

Edited by Gina Bear, 27 December 2007 - 10:41 PM.

My Signature
"If the people we love are taken from us, the way they live on is to never stop loving them. Buildings burn, people die, but real love is forever." - The Crow
http://www.myspace.com/gina1151987

#2 Guest_ellsbeth_*

• Guests

Posted 28 December 2007 - 12:50 AM

Must be a really devoted bargain hunter, I hope they know it is now Sears (sigh).

#3 Gizmo

Gremlin

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,463 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 07:09 AM

That's very interesting.  If you have any more to share, by all means, I'd love to hear it!

My Signature

Posted Image

#4 lusher36

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 186 posts
  • Interests:Ghosts of course!

Posted 28 December 2007 - 08:51 AM

Very Kool!!! Thanks for sharing!!
My Signature
As a person who is interested in the paranormal,
You know that the first thing to do is to identify what it is not.
Only then can you look at what it might be.

#5 Aslan

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 08:52 AM

very interesting....
My Signature
Posted Image

a new chapter begins

#6 trin

Alien

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,543 posts
  • Interests:photography, art, ghost stories (particularly first hand), history, Asia, origami, fiber arts/crafts. http://www.zibbet.com/trinlayk

Posted 28 December 2007 - 09:36 AM

"Go to the light...."
"But it's not blue OR in a department that interests me..."
"Oy..."

My Signature

#7 Bats

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 04:47 AM

QUOTE(trin @ Dec 28 2007, 12:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"Go to the light...."
"But it's not blue OR in a department that interests me..."
"Oy..."

That is a cool story. I have a question, was the man a worker at the Kmart ?
What was there before the Kmart ? Was there ever a house there ?
Thanks so much for sharing your story.

#8 Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,036 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 17 January 2008 - 05:58 AM

I wonder if activity increases during blue light specials?
My Signature
Posted Image

#9 Ubriaca

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Interests:paranormal, reading, writing, fashion, design

Posted 17 January 2008 - 05:06 PM

Not that this is the answer, but my boyfriend and I were talking about the energy levels inside of Wal-Mart's the other day. He is an electrical engineer and said that the amount of electricity running through a store of that size would make anyone anxious, and you would pick up what you think is "activity" if you were alone with everything plugged in or on.
I don't know why we were talking about it, but I thought I would share.
My Signature
Follow Me On Twitter: @ChandraMischief

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com