Santa Sleigh       santa

The Dirty Ghost

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*

Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2008 - 10:45 AM

I rather enjoyed this one and thought I would pass it on to you guys!

I'm Mark, I am 45, and this happened in late April of 2006. I was living in Providence, Rhode Island. I had just rented out this old studio apartment; I had just moved there from New Jersey for personal and family reasons. From the moment I stepped into that house, I heard weird noises. On my first night, a mirror I set up in my room wobbled back and forth, paused for a moment, and just fell completely down face first. About 2 - 3 weeks after that, I could have sworn I heard someone laughing uncontrollably, like they were watching a funny movie or something. I got up to check, and as soon as I touched my bedroom door knob, it stopped.

One night as I was getting ready to go out with some friends, I was in the shower when the door opened. I sat there with suds in my hand and hair waiting for someone to say something. Then out of nowhere the curtains flew open. A man was standing before me. He was short, stocky, with a thick five o'clock shadow. He was wearing an old-fashioned black hat, a white stripped shirt with an old dirty torn jacket. His hands were meaty and had black gloves on with the fingers sticking out.

To tell you the truth, I was paralyzed, but I wasn't afraid. That still bothers me to this day: Why wasn't I afraid? I actually felt very calm as he stared at me. He just vanished within the blink of an eye, like turning off a switch. He did not fade, he disappeared. I was never bothered by it; I was actually more interested than anything. I mean, this thing never seemed to want anything to do with me. It was like we were just more interested in each other than anything.

Some nights I would catch my door opening a crack, like someone was sticking his head in to see what was going on. One time I rolled over in bed and didn't feel like getting up to turn off the TV. I turned over -- and instantly the TV turned off. I had no remote near or on the bed. After it turned off, I heard footsteps walk towards the door stop, and than more walking down the hallway. I didn't hear the door open or shut.

He did not seem to like some of my new friends I had made. He never harmed them; he would only knock down their drink or throw their jacket off the couch onto the floor. A lot of my friends thought it was "awesome" that I had a ghost or something, but others would be terrified of it. One girl, who was a girlfriend of a good friend I made there, walked into my house, took three steps in and turned around and walked out. She turned to us and said, "It was nice meeting you, Mark. I'll be in the car." She looked nervous.

Late one night on Easter Sunday, after I got back from a night of work, I lay in my bed unable to go to sleep. I got this feeling like someone was watching me. I turned over and saw the dirty man standing there. I sighed and waited for him to do something. He blinked a couple of times and said, "They said I have to go now, kid. See ya soon." He then turned and disappeared again. I lay there with the hairs standing up on the back of my neck. After the shock went away I thought about what he said: "I'll see you soon." What did that mean?

A week later I was in a car accident. The doctors told me I died two times on the way to the hospital by helicopter. When I got home three months later from the hospital, nothing weird ever happened again. To this day, I still catch myself sometimes missing him. The house feels lonely now and is always so quiet... nothing interesting ever happens. It's like everything is gray and dull. I actually miss my ghost (or what ever he was) friend.

The Source

#2 Augustine

Augustine

Escaped Lunatic

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,566 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 03:33 PM

I enjoyed this story when I read it as well.  It's always interesting to hear about cases where people miss their departed ghosts instead of being glad they're gone.  I wonder who the man in the hat was--previous resident, or a guardian of some sort?

#3 Ubriaca

Ubriaca

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Interests:paranormal, reading, writing, fashion, design

Posted 12 January 2008 - 07:36 PM

QUOTE(HelenaHandBaskettGStudy @ Jan 8 2008, 10:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was in the shower when the door opened. I sat there with suds in my hand and hair waiting for someone to say something. Then out of nowhere the curtains flew open. A man was standing before me. ....... To tell you the truth, I was paralyzed, but I wasn't afraid.
The Source

Mark wasn't afraid? I mean, seriously, anyone who has seen Psycho, would have a heart attack.
I would go in to full blown cardiac arrest.
It is beyond me that he felt a feeling of calm, or whatever. In this instance, if that happened to me, I would actually feel relief after realizing that what was before me was not alive and about to stab me to death.
Follow Me On Twitter: @ChandraMischief

#4 Draco Rattus

Draco Rattus

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 46 posts
  • Interests:anime, computer games, dragons, drawing, final fantasy, manga, roleplaying, wargaming, wrestling, writing

Posted 13 January 2008 - 11:55 AM

This reminds me of a ghost story I read when I was younger; it's supposedly true.  A man once saw someone walking on the lawn of a manor house where he was staying, it was someone carrying a coffin.  He went outside to confront what he thought was a person, but the man looked up at him and then just vanished.  Some years later, the man was in a hotel and was going to get into a lift but he recognised the face of the list attendant as that of the apparition he had seen years before and refused to get into the lift; moments later, the lift crashed to the bottom of the shaft and killed its occupants.

I wonder if the ghost you had was some kind of guardian spirit or even a guardian angel, and that's why you didn't feel scared.  In my experience guardians come in many forms.

EDIT:  Whoops, should have read that more closely, it was a story being passed on, sorry!

Edited by Draco Rattus, 14 January 2008 - 01:24 PM.

"Without love, without anger, without sorrow, breath is just a clock, ticking." - Mary O' Brien, 'Equilibrium'

http://dracorattus.deviantart.com/

#5 bigmamasandi

bigmamasandi

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 245 posts
  • Interests:I own two carpet stores. I have a great best friend, he is also my husband. I love to help people whenever I can. I think all Libras are this way. I moved from Houston to Bossier City about 15 years ago. I really love it here.

Posted 13 January 2008 - 01:21 PM

COOL STORY!!!!

Sandi