Free Skins
© Fisana

A Bowl Moved On The Table At A Restaurant With No Explaination

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• 1,138 posts
  • Interests:avoiding dumb people...you know, those that believe anything they are told....or found on the net.

Posted 04 November 2015 - 09:30 AM

I took a coworker to lunch last week to a place called Pho Thaison on William Cannon in Austin, TX.  We sat in a booth (middle booth along the west wall).  After food was brought to out table, I poured the small cup of clear liquid on the main bowl of my food and then grabbbed the squeeze bottle of some flavored sauce to put on my food.  As I was sqeezing some out, the small cup slid from its postion on the table between 5-6".  The direction was angular toward the wall and the booth seat I was on.  The cowrker did not see it.

My first response was to put my fingers on the bowl and slide it back and forth to check for any type of resistance or friction that would have not allowed the cup to move....it did not freely move and had resistance.  I picked the cup up to check its temperature.  It was room temp, meaning not cold or hot and no extreme temp could be used as a possible cause for the movement.  I ran my finegrs around the bottom of the cup and the table to check for moisture or just being wet.  Both were bone dry.  At this point I looked at and the guy who is serving us and he sees the look on my face and comes over to ask if I need anything.

I asked him if there were ever any weird things happening at this place. like stuff getting moved or have they seen anything move by itself?  The guy said it happened once before on another table that he pointed out.  The table top is not level and is a little wobbly.  This guy wouldn't or couldn't consistantly look me in the face.  He says nothing has ever happened here and then laughs nervously in saying...that is funny since halloween is in a couple of days and walks away.

I drop some water out of my glass on the table and it ddi not run in any direction.  The table is not slanted in any way.

Telling some other coworkers about it has made them want to go there.  We are all going this Friday.  Not that I expect anything to happen...again, but, it would be very interesting if it did.  Going to make sure we get there early enough to get the same booth.  Wish one of us had a go pro to put on the table during the meal just to catch anything if it happens.  The guys reaction to my questions makes me think he was thrying to cover it up.

Wouldn't a business with something there draw in more people than scare away???  I put the name and location at the top if anyone is local and wants to go by there for a meal.  The food is decent...
Just because you have one....doesn't mean you have to act like one - Louczar
Life is short, enjoy it!

#2 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 10,191 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 10:01 AM

That's a fascinating experience, Louczar!
If I was near Austin, I would offer to take you there for lunch. I would at least try asking again, maybe a different person. Maybe even slide a 10 spot towards the person for information. Hey, it's worth a try.  :)

Let us know how things go on Friday!  Posted Image

#3 belar

belar

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • 147 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my wife and kids, reading fantasy fiction, movies, twisty puzzles, and learning about the paranormal.

Posted 04 November 2015 - 10:28 AM

Pretty interesting, Louczar!  Keep us updated after your next trip!

#4 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • 12,572 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 04 November 2015 - 11:21 AM

I wonder if the hot bowl on the (I assume) room temperature table might have been responsible for the movement
Posted Image

#5 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• 1,138 posts
  • Interests:avoiding dumb people...you know, those that believe anything they are told....or found on the net.

Posted 04 November 2015 - 12:34 PM

View PostVlawdeGStudy, on 04 November 2015 - 11:21 AM, said:

I wonder if the hot bowl on the (I assume) room temperature table might have been responsible for the movement

The bowl was room temp.  I had to double check.
Life is short, enjoy it!

#6 vave82

vave82

The Fairy with an Attitude

• GS Member
  • 962 posts
  • Interests:Family time, my pets, travelling, outdoors, shopping, pretty things and paranormal - quite a good mix here!

Posted 04 November 2015 - 01:13 PM

Very cool Louczar!! I can't wait to know if something happens again and/or if you can get some more info out of other restaurant workers :)

#7 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• 1,138 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 11:10 AM

We went back today.  Nothing happened :-(
Life is short, enjoy it!

#8 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 10,191 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 01:24 PM

Thanks for the update!
Were there more people with you this time? Or just two of you like last time?

#9 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• 1,138 posts

Posted 16 July 2021 - 05:22 AM

A coworker and I went back to this same place yesterday for lunch.  I told him all about the cup moving years ago.  We order and get our food.  We sat at the same spot / table location as when the cup moved before.  I ordered the same food and it came with the same cup of what is called fish sauce.  I poured the fish sauce on my food and grabbed the bottle of brown sauce to put on my food.  The fish sauce cup moved about 1.5" as I was squeezing the brown sauce on my food.  My coworker did not see it :-(.

The cup was chilled when brought to me and it was wet on the outside / bottom of it.  The table was perfectly level (a few water drops from my straw proved that).  I believe that the cup was cold and started warming up after I poured the fish sauce on my food.  As it warmed up, the air under the base of the cup started warming and expanding and it was the expanding air that was being forced out from under the cup caused it to move.

The first time I saw this happen years ago, the cup was not cold or wet.  Looks like I will be going back there soon and maybe try to get it on video :-)
Life is short, enjoy it!

#10 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • 6,430 posts

Posted 16 July 2021 - 06:10 AM

Interesting! LOL, a little entertainment with lunch. Yes a video would be great :yes:

Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter