28 replies to this topic

#21 MortimerGraves

MortimerGraves

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 04:00 PM

If you look at the white dot in the first picture, you can see lines radiating around it, one which shows only when it passes the picture on the wall. That dot could be anything from dust to a bug, but the light bounces off of it. Then again, there's the shadows down on the bed... Hummmm...

God Bless
Graves
Who you gonna call?

#22 Menet

Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 08:01 PM

View PostEVP, on 05 October 2017 - 02:28 PM, said:

"A good read is Scientific Paranormal Investigation: How to Solve Unexplained Mysteries by Benjamin Radford. I must warn you, if you are en-wrapped with strong belief systems with the paranormal, this book will test you and could anger your inner self. Radford is a hardcore skeptic part of the Randi brand and at times very brutal chastising the ghost hunter. I do respect him. He sharpened my critical thinking process during an investigation."

LOL.  I've been reading skeptics reviews most of my adult life.  And I can get mad, mad, mad but after careful consideration, they make a lot of valid points but I doubt they have ever been on the receiving end of a good ghostly prank.  I wonder if they would even recognize it.  Anyone can become so deeply entrenched in their beliefs that there isn't any room for another opinion.  If you cannot take it by the hand and lead it into a laboratory, it isn't real.  So that's where it is at.  Where it has always been.  And they are not going to move from that position.  I get it.

"As mentioned above, most phenomena is observed only for a brief moment. It is believed the energy needs specific conditions to manifest and lasts typically a fraction of a second before extinguishing like a light bulb being turned off."

Specific conditions?  What does that mean to you, EVP?

"I personally have only witnessed phenomena collectively a couple of times but on two occasions, it was not a fraction of a second. The phenomena lasted once for 10 seconds. It is quite possible my perception of time when that took place was misrepresented. When that happens your mind is thrown into a quandary and I can see time being misplaced for a variety of reasons."

At least you have witnessed it.  That is comforting to me and it should be to others who are on the board.  Thank you, EVP, for taking the time.  It was a good read.  When I get that camera out, I'll be talking to you about it.  lol

#23 EVP

EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,386 posts
  • Interests:photography, anomalous audio recordings & enigmas.

Posted 05 October 2017 - 08:56 PM

Specific conditions?  What does that mean to you, EVP?

I see you noticed my vagueness immediately Menet. I was vague because quite honestly I do not know what conditions are needed for paranormal activity to take place. If I knew, I would have removed a million dollars from Randi's pocket when he had it offered.

I do not particularly like to assume and I generally avoid discussing it simply because there are no validation from unproven theories. Some believe a person’s energy or a collection of energies can stimulate activity. Others believe moon phases, weather conditions, solar storms, magnetic sources, Van de Graaff generators, human antagonism mediums etc.are key.

Certainly not scientific because I cannot obtain repeatable results, two of my interactive Q&A EVP sessions have taken place immediately after a thunderstorm where I received more than one answer during the session.

One time  I asked the simple question “Why are you here?” I heard a raspy voice draw out the word “Mike”. I approached the owner of the house and asked if that name meant anything. She went white and said, “That is the name of the new tenant that had the visitation prompting me to call you.” I did not know the tenants name up to that point.  I continued to ask questions but stopped after an angry voice spoke firmly “No more questions!” I avoid antagonizing but there have been a number of occasions I made something unhappy.

After talking with the tenant, I found that he was a war veteran and was part of an elite sniper squad when enlisted. He was not willing to volunteer much information but he had many unexplained visitations after the war and continued present day. I theorized (certainly not critical thinking) he might have an attachment from someone he might have taken care of in the war but kept that to myself.

Alright that’s enough of my story telling for now :)

An interesting timekiller can be found on a podcast with Barry Taff on YouTube. He was responsible for the Doris Bither Case. He's one of my paranormal heroes along with the departed Peter Underwood.

https://www.youtube....eature=youtu.be

Edited by EVP, 05 October 2017 - 10:36 PM.

Posted Image
"Denial ain't just a river in Egypt" - Mark Twain

#24 Essiepessie

Essiepessie

Apport

• GS Member
  • 54 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 11:54 PM

Interesting explanation about the light and orbs.
When i'm taking pictures with my camera  , i like to play with the aperture, shutterspeed and Iso in manual mode.
i always save the most odd ones. I mean..the most odd ones with an example on it with tricks of light and how it can show up on pictures.
It may come in handy for compersisation with "ghost" pictures.
Make some things explainable..( i'm wondering right now if you all know what i mean..haha)
But what i'm wondering about this pictures is:
Did this reflection (light movement) set off the motion camera? what if it is a reflection..why does it shows up in the motion picture right now and not earlier of befor?

View PostEVP, on 05 October 2017 - 02:28 PM, said:

Controlling the conditions will reduce the red herrings.
euhhhhmmmm...red herrings? what does this saying means?
Sometimes I pretend to be normal...but it gets boring..so I go back to being me.Posted Image

#25 EVP

EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,386 posts
  • Interests:photography, anomalous audio recordings & enigmas.

Posted 06 October 2017 - 03:38 AM

View PostEssiepessie, on 05 October 2017 - 11:54 PM, said:

Interesting explanation about the light and orbs.
When i'm taking pictures with my camera  , i like to play with the aperture, shutterspeed and Iso in manual mode.
i always save the most odd ones. I mean..the most odd ones with an example on it with tricks of light and how it can show up on pictures.
It may come in handy for compersisation with "ghost" pictures.
Make some things explainable..( i'm wondering right now if you all know what i mean..haha)
But what i'm wondering about this pictures is:
Did this reflection (light movement) set off the motion camera? what if it is a reflection..why does it shows up in the motion picture right now and not earlier of befor?

euhhhhmmmm...red herrings? what does this saying means?

WIkipedia said this best.
Red herring - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia...iki/Red_herring
A red herring is something that misleads or distracts from a relevant or important issue. It may be either a logical fallacy or a literary device that leads readers or audiences towards a false conclusion.

Nice to see someone else out there shooting manual. It is a necessary evil in light starved conditions or when using an external light source. It's my preferred mode in most of my photography.

I have shot a considerable amount of long exposure, sometimes in bulb mode but that's another subject entirely. As it is, I've hijacked this thread already WAY too much!

Edited by EVP, 06 October 2017 - 03:48 AM.

Posted Image
"Denial ain't just a river in Egypt" - Mark Twain

#26 True North

True North

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 151 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 04:02 AM

View PostEVP, on 05 October 2017 - 08:56 PM, said:

One time  I asked the simple question "Why are you here?" I heard a raspy voice draw out the word "Mike". I approached the owner of the house and asked if that name meant anything. She went white and said, "That is the name of the new tenant that had the visitation prompting me to call you." I did not know the tenants name up to that point.  I continued to ask questions but stopped after an angry voice spoke firmly "No more questions!" I avoid antagonizing but there have been a number of occasions I made something unhappy.

After talking with the tenant, I found that he was a war veteran and was part of an elite sniper squad when enlisted. He was not willing to volunteer much information but he had many unexplained visitations after the war and continued present day. I theorized (certainly not critical thinking) he might have an attachment from someone he might have taken care of in the war but kept that to myself.

Whoever you were talking to, it's common for people to acquire passengers/attachments by killing. I wouldn't be surprised if your theory was correct. War vets with however many kills under their belt tend to collect an unhappy camper or two (or three or four or...).

I've spoken to such spirits when sorting out these unpleasant arrangements, and as you can imagine, they're usually pretty displeased about what happened and angry with those who shot/stabbed/strangled them.

Edited by True North, 06 October 2017 - 07:02 AM.

#27 True North

True North

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 151 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 04:11 AM

These kind of spirits don't have a lot of patience for a bunch of questions, even when you're assisting them.

Edit:

I should add that people can also bring on board the newly dead in the role of a caregiver or emergency responder or simply a witness, especially if they feel a lot of compassion for the person dying or if they "can't let go" of a friend or family member or fellow soldier etc.

Doesn't just happen with other people; it happens with animals as well. Fresh roadkill for example (that a passing driver feels sorry for).

Edited by True North, 06 October 2017 - 09:14 AM.

#28 True North

True North

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 151 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 04:46 AM

Concerning the picture, I don't think anything significant was captured.

#29 Ectoplazzum

Ectoplazzum

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 12:06 AM

You have been cohabitating with this spirit for quite a while and nothing bad has happened, so that's a good thing.  It has only done things that ghosts traditionally seem to do when they just want to be noticed.

Since nothing bad has ever happened, and since the ghost has succeeded in getting you to notice them, you can do one of two things.  You can give them "The Talking To" and send them to the light in the name of the major deity of your choice and get rid of them for good, or (and this is what I would do) you can give them "The Lecture" and tell them that they are welcome to stay, providing they adhere to the following rules:
   They MAY NOT interact with or make their presence known when your kids are there.  This is the biggie.  The kids are 100% OFF LIMITS.  
   They MAY NIT make themselves known to any of your houseguests.  EVER.
   They MAY NOT make physical contact with you or anyone else in your house at any time, up to and including touching your back in bed.
   They MAY NOT interact with or tease any pets that you may have.  EVER.
   These rules should be all you need to set forth to them to have a peaceful coexistence with them.  If you are curious as to who they may be or why they are there you can research the history of the house and property, or you can call in a reputable paranormal investigation group to see if they can ferret out the information for you via an investigation.  Once you find out who they might be, it can make having them around much less unsettling because you will know it's nothing bad.

Hope this information helps.

Ghyllie

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users