Removing Posts And Photos On Here

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_acejase80_*

Guest_acejase80_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:22 PM

Hi
I know i am posting in the wrong place but couldnt post in the help section..
Could someone please tell me how to remove posts and photos that i have put on here ?
Or can a moderator or admin do it for me please.. All of my posts and photos.
Reason is they come on a google search and i use chatrooms so dont want people ( stalker ) searching my username and seeing pictures of me or anyone of my family.
THANK YOU

#2 Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*

Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:36 PM

Done.

#3 Guest_acejase80_*

Guest_acejase80_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:46 PM

Thank you. i doubled checked and its gone.. Who would i contact to stop the picture appearing on google ? would that have to be google themselfs ? Thank you

#4 Augustine

Augustine

Escaped Lunatic

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,566 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:11 PM

I would first contact the staff at any additional sites where the photos have been posted, and get your photos removed from there.  Make sure you ask whether or not the photos would still be available in archived sections of their site.  This is really more SafireGStudy's field of expertise, but I believe that Google searches take time to "update" themselves, so content removed from a website might continue to show up as links in a Google search until the Google bots do their thing.

#5 Safire973

Safire973

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:34 AM

Sorry I'm late to the party, but what Augustine said is correct.  Your info may still pop up in a Google search, but if the site admins/techs do their job correctly, if someone clicks the link they should get either an error message or see other parts of a thread, without anything you typed.

I fully believe that not everyone is meant to see things; some things you just aren't meant to know.

#6 Guest_acejase80_*

Guest_acejase80_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:51 AM

Thank you guys your help is much appreciated..  As you predicted the pictures are now removed it just took a few days :)
thank you all again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users