Free Skins
© Fisana

Little Bit Surprised This Morning When I Got Up For Work

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• 1,138 posts
  • Interests:avoiding dumb people...you know, those that believe anything they are told....or found on the net.

Posted 24 August 2020 - 03:47 AM

Our yourgest daughter, her boyfriend and our grand daughter came over last night for dinner.  It was agreed upon that my wife and I would watch our grand daughter until Tuesday.  Anyways, my wife made up a bed for the grand daughter "Evie" in our living room.  I get up at 4:30am to get ready for work.  I go make coffee and then take a shower.

When I went into the living room this morning.  Evie was awake in her bed with my wifes tablet in bed with her and on.  AND the TV was on and playing a kids movie.  Evie turned 3 in July.

Evie knows how to use tablets.  She plays with my wifes and has her own at her house.  Evie does not use the remote control for the TV.  I will need to talk to my wife about the state she left the TV when she went to bed.  Anyone that has or has used Netflix knows that it will stop after a few episodes or a show that it will stop and ask "are you still watching?"  If it is a movie playing, it will just finish the movie and not play another.  I was very surprised that the TV was on and playing a show.  Might make for an interesting conversation with my wife later
Just because you have one....doesn't mean you have to act like one - Louczar
Life is short, enjoy it!

#2 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • 6,430 posts

Posted 24 August 2020 - 07:35 PM

I had a similar experience when our granddaughter was about the same age she went to bed in her PJs and when we woke up she was dressed. We didn't really get a very good explanation of how she got HERSELF dressed :fright: just thought it very strange because at the time we didn't think she could dress herself!

Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#3 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• 1,138 posts
  • Interests:avoiding dumb people...you know, those that believe anything they are told....or found on the net.

Posted 25 August 2020 - 03:57 AM

My wife reminded me last night that our daughter Noelle (Evie's mom) was 3.5 years old when we moved into this house and it was shortly after we moved in that Noelle starting telling my wife about the "other kids" she played with in her room.  We thought for years that Noelle just had an overactive imagination.
Life is short, enjoy it!

#4 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • 6,430 posts

Posted 25 August 2020 - 04:06 AM

LOL! I remember being at the inlaws and another granddaughter when told they were leaving to go home said,"Oh! Ok! I will go and say goodbye to the kids who live upstairs :fright:  There were no other kids up stairs :shocked:

Posted Image

#5 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• 1,138 posts

Posted 25 August 2020 - 06:24 AM

View PostKlaineyGStudy, on 25 August 2020 - 04:06 AM, said:

LOL! I remember being at the inlaws and another granddaughter when told they were leaving to go home said,"Oh! Ok! I will go and say goodbye to the kids who live upstairs :fright:  There were no other kids up stairs :shocked:

Do you think that kids minds, being so much more "innocent and open" can see more than we as adults?  Can we apply that to pets too as they seem to notice things we cannot?
Life is short, enjoy it!

#6 MichelleGStudy

MichelleGStudy

• Moderators
  • 2,767 posts
  • Interests:I am in private practice with a primary focus on treatment & management of eye disease. I enjoy astronomy, paranormal Investigating, visiting cemeteries, geocaching, gold panning, metal detecting & things of that nature.

Posted 25 August 2020 - 06:16 PM

View PostLouczarGStudy, on 25 August 2020 - 06:24 AM, said:

Do you think that kids minds, being so much more "innocent and open" can see more than we as adults?  Can we apply that to pets too as they seem to notice things we cannot?
I do.  I feel their minds are not 'corrupted' as ours.  They are innocent and open.  I wish we were more like them.  I think we'd learn so much more - see so much more. Just my thoughts.
Posted Image

#7 ParanormalEmpath

ParanormalEmpath

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • 112 posts
  • Interests:Spirit, Empathic abilities, Clairvoyance, Mediums & other paranormal topics

Posted 25 August 2020 - 08:04 PM

Most children can see auras so I am positive that there are other things that they see or sense that most adults do not.  I believe that they are still more spiritually tuned or linked into whatever the source it is that we come from.  Children just experience and the younger they are they don't view the world through a skeptical lens.    As we age, not only do we grow away from it, we become cynical and skeptical about everything.  For those of us who are either still blessed or cursed (still not sure which) with retaining these childhood abilities it can cause potential problems in adulthood as feeling different than everyone else or being treated different by others.  I believe everyone possess these abilities but have forgotten how to use them.  When a child says, I want to say goodbye to the kids in the attic or go play with their imaginary friend, adults easily laugh it off.  Now when an adult says, I want to say goodbye to the people in the attic... *shrugs*

#8 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• 1,138 posts

Posted 26 August 2020 - 05:42 AM

View PostMichelleGStudy, on 25 August 2020 - 06:16 PM, said:

I do.  I feel their minds are not 'corrupted' as ours.  They are innocent and open.  I wish we were more like them.  I think we'd learn so much more - see so much more. Just my thoughts.

If anyone has seen the cartoon movie "The Polar Express"?  Then end of the movie with the little boy getting the bell that fell off of santa's sleigh.  the little boy and girl can hear the bell.  The parents could not.  The boy said that as his sister got older she couldn't hear the bell anymore.  That part of the movie stuck with me.  It seems to hold true with this topic.
Life is short, enjoy it!

#9 True North

True North

Goblin

• GS Member
  • 369 posts

Posted 28 August 2020 - 09:17 AM

One reason why young children are often more perceptive than their parents is simply because they're in a better state of health. For example...

View PostTrue North, on 25 May 2020 - 06:37 PM, said:

One reason children see things their parents don't is their third eye is still healthy (and functioning). Depending on environmental and dietary factors, a child's pineal gland calcifies over time and they lose the ability to visually perceive things outside the visible light spectrum. As parents often put it, they "grow out of it" (like the parent, the child becomes limited to only 'seeing' things within the electromagnetic spectrum their eyeballs can detect).

#10 Blackviolett

Blackviolett

Orb

• GS Member
  • 25 posts

Posted 29 August 2020 - 07:18 AM

I'm shocked that you think a 3 year old can use a tablet but doesnt know how to turn on a TV or show. They are very intuitive at that age.

#11 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • 6,430 posts

Posted 29 August 2020 - 11:32 PM

View PostBlackviolett, on 29 August 2020 - 07:18 AM, said:

I'm shocked that you think a 3 year old can use a tablet but doesnt know how to turn on a TV or show. They are very intuitive at that age.

LOL, I don't! I had my 16 year old tell me she didn't know how to use the washing machine when asked why she hadn't finished the sorted washing It was a simple turn the dial to the desired function and pull the dial out to engage the wash cycle. And I have seen both adults and children finding it difficult to turn on the TV with how many devices might run the TV these days!

Posted Image

#12 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• 1,138 posts

Posted 31 August 2020 - 05:51 AM

View PostBlackviolett, on 29 August 2020 - 07:18 AM, said:

The 3 year old in question doesn't get to touch the remote.  never has been allowed.  I agree that they can be very smart.  But, they still have to be taught to some level.
Life is short, enjoy it!

#13 siguie

siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 31 August 2020 - 12:00 PM

My cat used to turn my TV on manually :yes: My old Samsung had an On/Off button with a red LED that looked rather similar to a red laser dot :bunny:
- siguie -

#14 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • 1,894 posts
  • Interests:Digital Stills / Auditory Enigmas

Posted 03 September 2020 - 06:47 PM

In some cases, children or infants  DO NOT need to be taught. They learn by mimicking.

My cat used to turn my TV on manually :yes: My old Samsung had an On/Off button with a red LED that looked rather similar to a red laser dot.

Our cat learned how to turn doorknobs to get into rooms we didn't want her to be in. One thing I learned about infants, children or pets. Don't underestimate what they are capable of. They can outsmart an adult at times effortlessly.

Edited by EVP, 03 September 2020 - 06:49 PM.

Posted Image

#15 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • 5,243 posts

Posted 01 October 2020 - 09:57 PM

oooh all of this is so fascinating but I'm also happy that none of it is happening at my place!
It's in the trees, it's coming!