The New Man In My Life

• You cannot reply to this topic
12 replies to this topic

#1 BowieIsAgod

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 343 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal studies, Reading, Travel, Japanese language study, Music, Acting, My Pets, Memorabilia collecting, Antiquing

Posted 29 August 2005 - 09:37 PM

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone could give me some ideas about the  "man" that has been around me at night.

This hasn't happened to me in a long time. Maybe 4 years and this time I'd like to find out a few things if I can.

Here's the story:

I went to bed around 12am, my mormal time, and just after I had fallen asleep I woke up and opened my eyes just enough to see a mans' sillouhette. Just his face, but it was a nice one.  biggrin.gif Well, it scared the stuff out of me for a second and then I re- opened my eyes to see who it was. There wasn't anyone.

A few moments later I lie back down snuggle up with my kitty and hear the door to my parents room open. Normal, right? They go about their business and then my door opens. I hear a mans voice whisper, well, more like hiss at me "Turn thisss (accentuated s sound)  thing off!" I had left the hall light on. It's always on. We keep it on so that when we go into the hall at night we don't step all over cat.
Anyway, the "person" shuts my door and and I hear the light click off and the other door to my M&D's room close.

Now, I am looking over at my cat like "WTH??" Why, oh why, was my father being such a complete jerk at 1 in the morning?

Next day I ask both my parents if they had spoken to me last night. They both swear they didn't and neither of them are sleep walkers.

I guess my question is: Anyone get an idea if the guy by my bed was the same guy that yelled at me? What's his name - if you can- and what does he want? Just to harrass me?

Edited for typos

Edited by BowieIsAgod, 29 August 2005 - 09:40 PM.

My Signature

#2 Raskar Kapak

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 12:10 AM

Frightening  pinch.gif

But why are they always hissing ??? I guess they can't do another way, but that's scary too.

I suppose that was the same guy. What's his goal ? I don't know. No one really know, I think that's why we are on this website.

#3 BowieIsAgod

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 343 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal studies, Reading, Travel, Japanese language study, Music, Acting, My Pets, Memorabilia collecting, Antiquing

Posted 30 August 2005 - 01:00 PM

QUOTE(Raskar Kapak @ Aug 30 2005, 01:10 AM)
Frightening  pinch.gif

But why are they always hissing ??? I guess they can't do another way, but that's scary too.

I suppose that was the same guy. What's his goal ? I don't know. No one really know, I think that's why we are on this website.

View Post

Yeah, seeing the guy scared me more than hearing him yell at me.  cwy.gif
He didn't seem like the type.

I also have no idea why they are always hissing. Maybe to seem more impervious. They think it gets them their way. lol

Thanks for the feedback, Raskar.

I need to try and develop this thing I have...whatever it is. I call it my "Weirdness Magnet." If I do, maybe I can find stuff out myself.

My Signature

#4 lovingsoul

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • Interests:I am like a sponge ...love to learn as much as I can about all things. I love to explore and research the unexplained, and think about all the possiblities that earth and beyond holds...I like thinking out of the box and dont like limmitations when it comes to human thinking. There is so much out there that needs to be explored and learned...and shared. Oh ya warn ya my spelling is just awful.

Posted 30 August 2005 - 06:36 PM

QUOTE(BowieIsAgod @ Aug 30 2005, 05:00 PM)
Yeah, seeing the guy scared me more than hearing him yell at me.  cwy.gif
He didn't seem like the type.

I also have no idea why they are always hissing. Maybe to seem more impervious. They think it gets them their way. lol

Thanks for the feedback, Raskar.

I need to try and develop this thing I have...whatever it is. I call it my "Weirdness Magnet." If I do, maybe I can find stuff out myself.

View Post

Uffff that gave me the willies! My hair on my arms was standing doing a salute!

Has this figure or voice done this before? Wonder why the light this time bugged him?  hmmm Sounds like the same man to me.

My Signature

#5 BowieIsAgod

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 09:23 PM

QUOTE(lovingsoul @ Aug 30 2005, 07:36 PM)
Uffff that gave me the willies! My hair on my arms was standing doing a salute!

Has this figure or voice done this before? Wonder why the light this time bugged him?  hmmm Sounds like the same man to me.

View Post

No, I've never seen this man before.

This voice, well, I've had mostly men saying silly things like "hello." But distinct voices like this: a spirit used my mothers' voice to call my name on several occasions.
I wish I knew why the light bugged him. I've been turning it off for him, though.

Maybe he was just upset that I woke up and saw him looking at me. haha.  cheerful.gif He's the shy type.
My Signature

#6 lovingsoul

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • Interests:I am like a sponge ...love to learn as much as I can about all things. I love to explore and research the unexplained, and think about all the possiblities that earth and beyond holds...I like thinking out of the box and dont like limmitations when it comes to human thinking. There is so much out there that needs to be explored and learned...and shared. Oh ya warn ya my spelling is just awful.

Posted 31 August 2005 - 07:05 PM

QUOTE(BowieIsAgod @ Aug 31 2005, 01:23 AM)
No, I've never seen this man before.

This voice, well, I've had mostly men saying silly things like "hello." But distinct voices like this: a spirit used my mothers' voice to call my name on several occasions.
I wish I knew why the light bugged him. I've been turning it off for him, though.

Maybe he was just upset that I woke up and saw him looking at me. haha.  cheerful.gif He's the shy type.

View Post

About a spirit useing your mothers voice to call your name...does it happen while the radio or tv is on? My daughter at times...yells "What?" and what not..because she says she swears that she hears someone calling her name sometimes when the radio and TV is on.

That is nice that you do that for him.  angel.gif Hes upset!?  blink.gif smile.gif  If I was in your place I would be upset about having a strange man in my room watching me sleep pinch.gif alive or dead  blink.gif ....that is still maken my hair on my arms stick up. brrrrrr YA got nerves of steal...I wonder why I would be more upset about a male ghost then a female one. A female one would nt bother me ...well not to much  whistling.gif I would be shocked and would give me a great start if the one here would suddenly appear in full view..but i wouldnt be scared out of my wits like i would if it was a male ghost. Werid dont ya think? Haaaa get that ...I descriminate when it comes to ghost/spirits wacko.gif aint that something. And I am no where near that kind of person. lol

My Signature

#7 BowieIsAgod

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 08:18 PM

QUOTE(lovingsoul @ Aug 31 2005, 08:05 PM)
About a spirit useing your mothers voice to call your name...does it happen while the radio or tv is on? My daughter at times...yells "What?" and what not..because she says she swears that she hears someone calling her name sometimes when the radio and TV is on.

That is nice that you do that for him.  angel.gif Hes upset!?  blink.gif smile.gif  If I was in your place I would be upset about having a strange man in my room watching me sleep pinch.gif alive or dead  blink.gif ....that is still maken my hair on my arms stick up. brrrrrr YA got nerves of steal...I wonder why I would be more upset about a male ghost then a female one. A female one would nt bother me ...well not to much  whistling.gif I would be shocked and would give me a great start if the one here would suddenly appear in full view..but i wouldnt be scared out of my wits like i would if it was a male ghost. Werid dont ya think? Haaaa get that ...I descriminate when it comes to ghost/spirits wacko.gif aint that something. And I am no where near that kind of person. lol

View Post

When I used to be called by...whomever, I was always alone in my room. Usually on the computer or something like that. I can't recall a time when the t.v. or radio was on.
I wouldn't be surprised if she did hear someone call her while the radio or t.v. is on. I'm sure they can use the energy that they generate to vocalize.

Yeah, I'm not quite sure *why* I am turning the light off for him.  He should just have to deal! lol
I certainly don't have nerves of steel, but thank you anyway. I am usually more intrigued by things like that than anything. Kind of flattered. lol. I didn't sense anything evil from him, so...I guess another part to that is I've never *had* a female spirit show herself to me before! Therefore, I must withold my judgement!

lol..It's ok to not desire male spirits leering at you. Although heaven knows why you wouldn't  tongue.gif ::sing song voice:: Kidding!
My Signature

#8 Augustine

Escaped Lunatic

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,566 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 08:26 PM

QUOTE(BowieIsAgod @ Sep 1 2005, 12:18 AM)
Yeah, I'm not quite sure *why* I am turning the light off for him.  He should just have to deal! lol

My guess would be that he's either a former occupant of the house, or he's a visiting ghost...and for whatever reason, he prefers that light off.  Probably something he had a thing about while he was alive.  My husband always walks around turning off lights that we have accidentally left on, since he wants to save electricity.  Maybe that's it--a frugal ghost?

QUOTE(BowieIsAgod @ Sep 1 2005, 12:18 AM)
lol..It's ok to not desire male spirits leering at you. Although heaven knows why you wouldn't  tongue.gif ::sing song voice:: Kidding!

View Post

Totally depends on the male spirit.  Just like living guys.  Some I definitely wouldn't want around.  Others....well, you get my drift.   whistling.gif

Kate

#9 BowieIsAgod

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 03:46 PM

QUOTE(Kate518 @ Aug 31 2005, 09:26 PM)
My guess would be that he's either a former occupant of the house, or he's a visiting ghost...and for whatever reason, he prefers that light off.  Probably something he had a thing about while he was alive.  My husband always walks around turning off lights that we have accidentally left on, since he wants to save electricity.  Maybe that's it--a frugal ghost?
Totally depends on the male spirit.  Just like living guys.  Some I definitely wouldn't want around.  Others....well, you get my drift.   whistling.gif

Kate

View Post

My feeling is that he is just a visitor. The former occupant lives downstairs and stays there. He's been dormant for quite some time now. Maybe he liked the remodel and figured the house was safe with us.

A frugal ghost, well, maybe. Although I think it's a little unfair of him to not consider our kitties.

lol I know what you mean, Kate, sometimes they just need to go, but this one was pretty ok IMO.  wink.gif
My Signature

#10 Babywewe

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 06 September 2005 - 08:57 AM

what happened 4 years ago when he last visited?  do you think it was the same man?

I wonder if there is a reason he decided to "come back" ...
most likly he's always been there but was quiet.
My Signature
user posted image

#11 T.K.

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 133 posts
  • Interests:I love to read and goof around on the computer with different design programs. I enjoy driving my car although I wish I had a classic and not just an old car. lol. I've gotten into watching the World Series of Poker on tv and even playing a bit myself. I'm also a former proffessional actress, off broadway, nothing serious. And of course I love ghost hunting!

Posted 06 September 2005 - 10:22 PM

i think you're right kate. it could just be a former occupant who's not happy with the light being on
My Signature
IPB Image

Think of how to use it!

#12 BowieIsAgod

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 07 September 2005 - 02:56 PM

The last instance I had with, whatever, was completely different. I do think it was male, though. Mostly by the feeling I got from it. That one was mean. It liked to scare me and I think that it was "stuck" for lack of a better word downstairs. It would follow me from downstairs only half way upstairs. I say that because when I got to the landing I'd feel safe. It would call my name in my mom's voice (I've never heard a male voice in this house aside from the other night), ring the doorbell, knock on the inside wall of the chimney and the wall that connected the bathroom and living room. Lots of poltergeist type activity. Everyone but my mother experienced something.

Maybe it is me? I had moved out of the house for a while and into an apartment  which was also already "occupied." I've been going through a lot of personal issues...but could I really cause something like that?

My Signature

#13 Augustine

Escaped Lunatic

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,566 posts

Posted 08 September 2005 - 07:01 PM

I think going through a difficult time personally could attract this kind of activity, since it's widely believed that the energy from negative emotions is especially powerful when it comes to ghostly manifestations.

So this could certainly be a possibility.

Kate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com