• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Haunted Heart

Haunted Heart

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 237 posts
  • Interests:Studying the paranormal, film, music, writing, theatre and spending time with family.

Posted 16 August 2010 - 04:33 AM

I have some questions about the use of Pendulums.

I was told that Pendulums could be used as a way to contact spirit guides. I purchased one a few weeks ago and began using it, and I had some really interesting results....at first it would just swing slightly, but after a while, the more questions I asked, the Pendulum began moving really strong and powerfully... more forcefully than I imagined it could move....
I asked it several questions and got answers.

But recently a friend told me that using a Pendulum is much the same as Ouija Board and that I am taking a risk from using it.
My questions are:

1. Are pendulums the same as Ouija boards?
2. Are pendulums safe? I haven't personally heard bad stories from them before but I am unsure now.
3. Does anyone here use one regularly?

Thanks for your help....
Posted Image

My novels, available as paperback or eBook

#2 Firewolf Ironriver

Firewolf Ironriver

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 224 posts
  • Interests:my intrest include dirty vocals, drumming. music and the goddess thats my life nothing more nothing less. after i finish my medium training i want to go on to join a team of paranormal investagators and help those who need guidance or need a spirit cleansing or maybe just to see if someone has passed on that is my souls calling.

Posted 16 August 2010 - 06:19 AM

i have an aymethest pendulem i use reguraly i can assure you that its not like an ouija board(not that ouija boards are dangerous anyways) both them and penduluems are perfectly safe just respect the power you call upon.i used to talk with my guides that way but it eventually gets to the point where they speak from within you and you hear it. that prob made no sense but you will understand as you get to know them. once more nothing dangerous about pendulems just a divination tool like the ouija board.
peace, light, and bright blessings
FW.

#3 Haunted Heart

Haunted Heart

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 237 posts
  • Interests:Studying the paranormal, film, music, writing, theatre and spending time with family.

Posted 16 August 2010 - 06:23 AM

Thanks. I really want to continue using my Pendulum it's just that I bought it soley to contact spirit guides, and when somebody told me I could be risking inviting something negative -as can apparantly happen with Ouija Boards - I just got a bit uncertain and nervous....
Posted Image

#4 Tantric KittenGStudy

Tantric KittenGStudy

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,185 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 08:43 AM

A pendulum is a divining tool like any other divining tool... including the ouija board.  Actually, the pendulum really is the closest thing because of the scrying/letter cloths (witching cloths... I've heard them call many things...the little pads with the letters and symbols).  Like any divining tool it is potentially dangerous and should not be used in play.  It should be respected for the tool it is and one should learn how to reliably protect oneself, how to use it and who's answering the questions before one uses it.  To do less is to open oneself up to getting information from who-knows-where and worse.

The reason that people seem to run into fewer problems with pendulums is twofold:  One, not everyone can use one (shaky hands, unable to feed the energy individually, etc.).  Two, people who buy pendulums are usually more practiced and experienced and more apt to take care of themselves when using a divining tool.

All divination tools that require outside assistance for information (for example: one exception to this is the Tarot because it works on inner knowledge rather than asking a spirit anything... but Angel cards that are asking angels' assistance would be included) are potentially dangerous and should be treated as such.  That doesn't mean that you shouldn't use it (which I do recommend with ouija... it's just bad juju at this point), it means that you should know what you're doing and know what you're risking so you can guard against it.

Edited by Tantric Kitten, 16 August 2010 - 08:45 AM.

Posted Image

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. --Herm Albright

#5 Haunted Heart

Haunted Heart

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 237 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 09:14 AM

Tantric, Thanks very much for your help.

I kept getting really powerful, swift movements with the pendulum.
The spirit I spoke to said it was my spirit guide... it also said it was male.... Amongst other things, it said:
-It had never been human before
-God loves me but doesn't neccessarily like me using such tools (which I thought odd- if it was my spirit guide, would it talk to me through tools if God didn't want?)
- It also REFUSED to answer if I'd be safe using a Ouija board...

Every time I used the pendulum, I said several prayers of protection.

I still feel odd and nervous using it though and feel I may take a break from it!
Posted Image

#6 Firewolf Ironriver

Firewolf Ironriver

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 224 posts
  • Interests:my intrest include dirty vocals, drumming. music and the goddess thats my life nothing more nothing less. after i finish my medium training i want to go on to join a team of paranormal investagators and help those who need guidance or need a spirit cleansing or maybe just to see if someone has passed on that is my souls calling.

Posted 16 August 2010 - 09:48 AM

well i will admit if your not careful the ouija board can lead to some scary stuff. but i have pretty much done everything wrong(except taunt spirits thats a no no)

i can tell you though god does not mind you using divinationtools. last i checked it wasnt in the ten commandments or bible. god would not assign you a "gaurdian angel"/"spirit guide" or whatever you like to call them.i think its sinful when you start using its powers for negative uses. though im not a christian and only the divine knows the last time i went to church aha. XD.

i wish you much luck on your journey with your guide. its very fuffilling
FW.

#7 Haunted Heart

Haunted Heart

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 237 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 09:51 AM

Thanks for your help!

I would like to continue my use of the Pendulum, I just had to feel safe and secure in using it.

As long as I use it for positive reasons, and I pray a prayer of protection, I should be okay?
Posted Image

#8 Firewolf Ironriver

Firewolf Ironriver

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 224 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 10:07 AM

whatever you feel you should do do it if you feel like going to church before using go ahead. b^_^d
FW.

#9 petunia4998

petunia4998

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 10:34 AM

I think using a pendulum is perfectly safe.  I have one that I have been using for decades and I just love it.  I have never, ever heard of anything negative coming through their use.  However, prayers of protection are not a bad thing.

I am glad you are comminicating with your guide.  They are only there to help.  :bunny:

#10 Tantric KittenGStudy

Tantric KittenGStudy

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,185 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 11:00 AM

Haunted Heart, on 16 August 2010 - 09:14 AM, said:

Tantric, Thanks very much for your help.

I kept getting really powerful, swift movements with the pendulum.
The spirit I spoke to said it was my spirit guide... it also said it was male.... Amongst other things, it said:
-It had never been human before
-God loves me but doesn't neccessarily like me using such tools (which I thought odd- if it was my spirit guide, would it talk to me through tools if God didn't want?)
- It also REFUSED to answer if I'd be safe using a Ouija board...

Every time I used the pendulum, I said several prayers of protection.

I still feel odd and nervous using it though and feel I may take a break from it!

What you describe sounds pretty spirit guide-ey.  There may be a specific reason that there's some minor disapproval at your using a pendulum that you didn't quite hit on.  If there were major disapproval you would be clued in pretty quickly by a guide.  I can't use one (shaky hands) but I used to use dowsing rods fairly regularly (I still do but the more I understand about the mechanics of using such divination tools the less I'm willing to put it out there and use them... it is nearly impossible to use white light to power them, you're lending and using your own energy when you use them... it's not a bad thing... it's just something I'm less and less willing to do as time goes on and I gain experience) and my guide was always nattering in my ear about "I don't want you to use your rods.  They're a crutch.  You can hear me perfectly well if you would just shut the heck up and listen."  At this point we have an uneasy truce... he will answer me on them if I am just not getting it or if I have a very specific question about something and I'm having trouble sorting inputs.  He also won't prevent me from communicating with other entities on them anymore (he did that for a while) to warm up and I am allowed to use them for water and graves and other buried things all I want (because I'm not asking any entity at all at that point).

Praying for protection is a good thing.  If it hasn't occurred to you, however, another good thing is to set boundaries and rules during the prayers... like "no one may contact me that does not have my spirit and body's best interest at heart,"  "no one may come into my house or my room from elsewhere to speak to me," " no one may stay in my house after the session is over."  Things like that.

I don't think it's dangerous, exactly.  I think it CAN be dangerous and I know people who've gone too far without understanding and gotten themselves in some trouble (emotional issues and hauntings where there weren't before... I, personally, don't believe that the spirit world can have any hold on us or physically harm us unless we invite it to).  There's a lot of good information both online (use your intuition to sort through what's good and what's bunk) and available at the local bookstore... both your regular one and the metaphysical ones.  Knowledge is power... be cautious, learn as much about it as you can and then you can reliably avoid the pitfalls.

Edited by Tantric Kitten, 16 August 2010 - 11:02 AM.

Posted Image

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. --Herm Albright

#11 Amethyst

Amethyst

Official Ghoststudy Psychic

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 11:52 AM

One does not have to fear using a pendulum.  They are harmless tools.

What you may want to do is address it and ask it to show you NO and show you YES.  Also ask it to show you how it will react if you are not to know the answer.

You shouldn't let others use it.  It is yours to use and should only have your energy on it.  Just be respectful and don't ask it dumb questions.  I have seen people have beautiful gemstone pendulums and then act like total dweebs and ask stupid stuff.  It's disrespectful to do that, and I am not saying YOU would, I am just saying in general ppl should respect their pendulums.

They are nifty little items to use and lots of fun.  Relax and enjoy!

Amethyst
IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED THEN SKYDIVING IS NOT FOR YOU!

ADVICE, WHEN MOST NEEDED, IS LEAST HEEDED

Life is like a roll of toilet paper; the closer it gets to the end the quicker it goes!

"A heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others" said the Wizard of Oz to the Tin Man.

#12 Firewolf Ironriver

Firewolf Ironriver

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 224 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 03:32 PM

couldnt have said it any better ^_^
FW.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users