A Fruit Scented Blog.

• You cannot reply to this topic
238 replies to this topic

#221 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,427 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 24 May 2018 - 12:37 PM

:happy0194:
My Signature

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#222 MrsFrootloops

Lead Moderator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,368 posts
  • Interests:Anything artistic, baking, cooking, waffles, comics, games, hamsters, and um, things lol.

Posted 28 May 2018 - 04:38 PM

Today is a good day. :) I'm pretty happy. You see, last week, my neighbor found this kitty outside, and she thought it was their kitty. But turns out it wasn't. So this kitty is very sweet (their kitty is a brat lol), and wanted to come inside and live with us. But Mr. is allergic to cats, so we couldn't bring him in. So kitty stayed outside, and our neighbor made sure he got fed and fresh water, and lot's of pets and love. So Saturday, kitty wasn't feeling good, his eye was gunky, and his little nose was very warm, but he was still in good spirits, and hungry. Our neighbor volunteers at the animal shelter, and took the kitty with her to get a check up. So turns out the kitty has an upper respiratory infection, and he is chipped. And the kitty gets to go home! The owner said the kitty has been lost for 5 years, and they are so excited that he is coming home. This makes me so happy, because I don't have to worry about him getting hit by a car, or getting dehydrated
My Signature
Posted Image

#223 Snickers

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 238 posts

Posted 28 May 2018 - 06:01 PM

Those are the best stories, when an animal finds its way home! So many don't, and in my neck of the woods so many get stolen. Someone not far from me got a video of two men in a blue car who pulled into their driveway and honked. After determining no one was home, they went to the fence and scooped up the dog, jumped into the car and drove off.  I am so glad they got caught!
My Signature
Don't tell me that I didn't see what I saw, or didn't hear what I heard.......Snickers

#224 KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,708 posts

Posted 28 May 2018 - 07:16 PM

View PostSnickers, on 28 May 2018 - 06:01 PM, said:

Those are the best stories, when an animal finds its way home! So many don't, and in my neck of the woods so many get stolen. Someone not far from me got a video of two men in a blue car who pulled into their driveway and honked. After determining no one was home, they went to the fence and scooped up the dog, jumped into the car and drove off.  I am so glad they got caught!

Wow that is terrible :verymad:
My Signature
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#225 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,427 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 29 May 2018 - 01:10 PM

I'm so happy the kitty is getting to go home. :yahoo:

I'm sorry to hear about the family that lost their dog due to miscreants. :angry22:

Edited by MacCionoadha BeanSidhe, 29 May 2018 - 01:10 PM.

My Signature

Posted Image

My Shop

#226 MrsFrootloops

Lead Moderator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,368 posts
  • Interests:Anything artistic, baking, cooking, waffles, comics, games, hamsters, and um, things lol.

Posted 22 June 2018 - 04:20 PM

You guys, a tiny ufo crashed in my yard. The aliens are so tiny, but friendly...

Posted Image

Posted Image
LOL I'm just messing with you guys, I found this little UFO charm at Hobby lobby, the bottom opens up and you can put things in it. I got one for my bestie too, and I am going to make little clay aliens to put in there for her.
My Signature
Posted Image

#227 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,427 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 08:15 PM

It's so cute. Don't forget to make them green or gray. :alien:
My Signature

Posted Image

My Shop

#228 MrsFrootloops

Lead Moderator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 08:19 PM

Lol, there will be some green ones, and 1 blue.... his name is Bob, and we use to make up adventures for him in high school.
My Signature
Posted Image

#229 MrsFrootloops

Lead Moderator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 02:15 PM

You guys, things are kicking up around here. Both mom and I nearly walked into ghosts today.

Ok, so me, I had just gotten ready to go to my appointment today, and I had to get some alcohol wipes for my glucose meter. When I came out of  bedroom, I turned to closed the door and I swear my mom was going into the kitchen quickly, Because I saw movement,and I had stopped so I wouldn't knock her over, so I looked in the kitchen, she wasn't there, so I looked out in the living room, and she is sitting on her phone, playing a game.

This morning, she came out of the bathroom, turned the corner, and literally was like a foot away from a shadow ghost, she just continued walking, because it disappeared.

The hallway from the livingroom to the kitchen is where we usually see them walking, staring, peeking.. what ever. Neither of use react when we see them, because we are use to it.
My Signature
Posted Image

#230 KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,708 posts

Posted 30 June 2018 - 02:14 AM

Don't you hate it when they take on the appearance of someone? That has happened to me once. Glad you are your mum are OK with the activity :yes:
My Signature
Posted Image

#231 MrsFrootloops

Lead Moderator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 11 August 2018 - 08:30 PM

Omg, you guys, I was just outside to look and see if I could see any meteors flying through the sky, because we are in the area to see them tonight, and it's not cloudy. SO I am standing there with my mom, and we hear "THUNK! PING! THUNK THUNK!!" and we looked, and I kid you not, there was this bug, about the size of a freaking kiwi, throwing itself into the gutters and windows and stuff, so I went inside, because dang it, that thing would of hurt if it smacked me in the head.
My Signature
Posted Image

#232 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,427 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 12:44 PM

:confused:  Wow, A kiwi-sized bug. Are we talking normal sized Fuzzy Kiwi or the Hardy Kiwi ones?

Fuzzy Kiwi (Actinidia deliciosa)
Posted Image

Hardy Kiwi (Actinidia arguta)
Posted Image

Edited by MacCionoadha BeanSidhe, 14 August 2018 - 12:45 PM.

My Signature

Posted Image

My Shop

#233 MrsFrootloops

Lead Moderator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 01:41 PM

Lol probably the hardy kiwi, the less I think about it, the less I remember.
My Signature
Posted Image

#234 KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,708 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 09:18 PM

LOL, I have only seen the fuzzy kiwis here. Didn't even know the hard existed :good:
My Signature
Posted Image

#235 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,427 posts

Posted 19 August 2018 - 11:45 AM

About the Hardy Kiwi:

Noteworthy Characteristics

Actinidia arguta, commonly known as hardy kiwi or tara vine, is a deciduous, fast-growing, twining woody vine that is typically grown for its attractive foliage and edible fruit. It is native to woodlands, mountain forests, streamsides and moist locations in eastern Asia, China and Japan. It grows to 25-30' or more, but growth is often so rampant that this vine, in its native habitat, may climb to as much as 100' into large trees. Broad-ovate to elliptic deep green leaves (3-5" long) emerge in spring, scented greenish-white flowers (to 3/4" long) bloom in June and edible grape-sized smooth-skinned fruits (to 1 1/4" long) mature in September-October. Species plants are dioecious (separate male and female plants), with at least one male pollinator needed for fruit set on female vines. It tastes similar to, though slightly sweeter than, its larger-fruited relative, the true kiwi, Actinidia deliciosa, which can not be grown north of Zone 8.

Genus name comes from the Greek
wordaktis meaning ray in reference to how the plant growth radiates like the spokes of a wheel.

Specific epithet means sharply toothed or notched in reference to the toothed leaves.

Source: Missouri Botanical Garden
Other Sources: Burpee: Hardy Red Kiwi, Extra-Hardy Michigan State Kiwi

Edited by MacCionoadha BeanSidhe, 19 August 2018 - 12:06 PM.

My Signature

Posted Image

My Shop

#236 KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,708 posts

Posted 19 August 2018 - 10:22 PM

Have you tasted any of those MacC? they look yummy
My Signature
Posted Image

#237 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,427 posts

Posted 21 August 2018 - 02:08 PM

Yes I have, but I'm not too fond of them, but my Mother loves the fuzzy Kiwi. I haven't been able to find the Hardy ones in the grocery store. Oh, correct that, I saw the Hardy  ones once, but we didn't need fruit at that time; I haven't seen any the since.
My Signature

Posted Image

My Shop

#238 MrsFrootloops

Lead Moderator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 21 August 2018 - 02:16 PM

I've probably seen them, but thought they were grapes lol.
My Signature
Posted Image

#239 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,427 posts

Posted 21 August 2018 - 03:19 PM

:rofl:
My Signature

Posted Image

My Shop

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com