101 replies to this topic

#1 rojen

rojen

Apport

• GS Member
  • 65 posts
  • Interests:ghosts, video games, and martial arts woot

Posted 16 December 2004 - 02:08 PM

i always wondered if dragons at one time or other really exsited i mean it is possable cuse if you goto asian and ask what a dragon looks like they would say a long serpent with no wings and in the western part of the world if you ask the ppl there they look different they have wings and walk on land sometimes see they ppl say to different things about them it just makes me wonder "ponder" if it was made up you would think they would look alike but they look nothing alike could it be possable they could exsit any comments

#2 lorddraven2000

lorddraven2000

Extra Terrestrial

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,165 posts
  • Interests:I am director of Dravenstar Paranormal research Team out of eastern Kentucky. I have over 10 years of research under me. Other than paranormal work I dabble in writing and am also a very accomplished bass player.

Posted 16 December 2004 - 06:23 PM

I think they did at one time. Who knows maybe they will again. I know that is far fetched but you never know. I have always been into dragons for some reason.

#3 rojen

rojen

Apport

• GS Member
  • 65 posts

Posted 16 December 2004 - 06:32 PM

cool thanks for the reply i hope i get more i love reading ppls thought on this matter yah i wonder if they still exsit by the sound of it they seem smart so who knows

#4 lorddraven2000

lorddraven2000

Extra Terrestrial

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,165 posts
  • Interests:I am director of Dravenstar Paranormal research Team out of eastern Kentucky. I have over 10 years of research under me. Other than paranormal work I dabble in writing and am also a very accomplished bass player.

Posted 16 December 2004 - 06:37 PM

I have often woundered if maybe the dinasaurs were not in some way dragons. I mean maybe they could breath firs and what have you.

#5 Guest_Dark Angel_*

Guest_Dark Angel_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 December 2004 - 06:44 PM

Dragons have been revered as the most ancient and wisest of all creatures, and feared and hunted as predators.  They're represented in many ways: winged and unwinged, one head or several, two or four or more legs, one to several tails, horns/antlers to no horns/antlers, in about every color imaginable, and as living in many environments.
Maybe they did exist at one time, as leftover dinosaurs that somehow survived?  They say that every myth has it's beginnings in a grain of truth, so who knows?  The Coelecanth survived, and there's talk about "dinosaur-like" creatures in places like Loch Ness and Lake Champlain.  So maybe there was some kind of creature that survived, only to be called "dragon" many years later?
I really like dragons, too, and have a collection of them.  

#6 babyjo53

babyjo53

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 16 December 2004 - 06:46 PM

I believe there were creatures within the time humans have been on earth that were similar to dragons because all over the world there are stories of dragons. I don't know what they were but there has to be some reason for the stories...  I was always disturbed that St George was considered great for killing a dragon. He might have killed the last of a rare species...Now that wasn't nice now was it?
user posted image

#7 Hunter

Hunter

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts
  • Interests:Model Trains, Paranormal research, SCA (SCA.ORG), My family, movies, life in general.

Posted 17 December 2004 - 08:44 AM

QUOTE(Dark Angel @ Dec 16 2004, 09:44 PM)
Dragons have been revered as the most ancient and wisest of all creatures, and feared and hunted as predators.  They're represented in many ways: winged and unwinged, one head or several, two or four or more legs, one to several tails, horns/antlers to no horns/antlers, in about every color imaginable, and as living in many environments.
Maybe they did exist at one time, as leftover dinosaurs that somehow survived?  They say that every myth has it's beginnings in a grain of truth, so who knows?  The Coelecanth survived, and there's talk about "dinosaur-like" creatures in places like Loch Ness and Lake Champlain.  So maybe there was some kind of creature that survived, only to be called "dragon" many years later?

View Post

I will have to agree with DA on this one. All stories have a begining somewhere. In africa there is a story of a Creature that strongly resenbles an ancient dino. I will see if I can find the story.
Hanging around GS since the late 90's
What is normal and what is real and who are we to decide?

#8 gwardhome

gwardhome

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 292 posts

Posted 17 December 2004 - 09:31 AM

I would agree in the possiblity of the dying remnants of a species.  Plus add in word of mouth exagerations over time.  REally... if you think about it.... If you know nothing else animals like the aligator are pretty darn scary.  Take something a little bit bigger... maybe longer legs..... pretty beleivable.  Wings could be possible in some since there were flying dinosaurs, or that could have been an exageration.  Fire I definately would consider an exxageration, but an understandble one of you have seen a gator with its mouth open growling.

Just because I cannot see it, doesn't mean I can't believe it!  - Jack Skellington The Nightmare Before Christmas

#9 Yuri Hyuga

Yuri Hyuga

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 310 posts
  • Interests:Watch Anime,play games ,read manga. Watch kamen rider shows. Write. Super robot wars and study about yokai

Posted 17 December 2004 - 09:36 AM

Hunter do  you mean Chipekwen it was like a dino och dragon look thing
I Know what drives my body. It's not duty or mission. It's the desire to protect people. Yeah, I fight becuse i love people! Kamen Rider Blade.

When you're lost.You're sure to be guided by the strength of your feelings- The future you wish for is already in your hands. Kamen Rider Den-o

#10 rojen

rojen

Apport

• GS Member
  • 65 posts

Posted 17 December 2004 - 09:38 AM

see i love talking about this stuff i look for the rare things in this world and i am finding alot like ghosts, dragons, faires, i also study ki cuse i think the human body is not as weak as we think it is but i love this stuff thanks for the replys

#11 Hunter

Hunter

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts
  • Interests:Model Trains, Paranormal research, SCA (SCA.ORG), My family, movies, life in general.

Posted 17 December 2004 - 10:02 AM

QUOTE(Yuri Hyuga @ Dec 17 2004, 12:36 PM)
Hunter do  you mean Chipekwen it was like a dino och dragon look thing

View Post

I think so It sounds familiar!
I am still looking. I know I have seen it I just can't remember where! Fustrating!!!

Hanging around GS since the late 90's
What is normal and what is real and who are we to decide?

#12 Yuri Hyuga

Yuri Hyuga

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 310 posts
  • Interests:Watch Anime,play games ,read manga. Watch kamen rider shows. Write. Super robot wars and study about yokai

Posted 17 December 2004 - 10:28 AM

i got a pic of chipekwen from a book what they think it look like the pic in the book almost look like a dino with long throat but got two horns on the head it dosent like hippopotamus when some get close it killed them but never ate them just let them be and it attacked boats that some parts of the book about it. And my spirit guide its a Dragon and some how i can feel the present of the dragon sometimes sound little funny
I Know what drives my body. It's not duty or mission. It's the desire to protect people. Yeah, I fight becuse i love people! Kamen Rider Blade.

When you're lost.You're sure to be guided by the strength of your feelings- The future you wish for is already in your hands. Kamen Rider Den-o

#13 lorddraven2000

lorddraven2000

Extra Terrestrial

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,165 posts

Posted 17 December 2004 - 11:07 AM

I think DA summed it up quite well. To me there is so much mention of the dragon throughout history that I would find it hard to say it never existed. Maybe the dragon was changed through time from story to story but maybe it wasn't. As I was reading this thread I kept thinking of the film Reign of fire, about dragons.

#14 Guest_Dark Angel_*

Guest_Dark Angel_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 December 2004 - 02:01 PM

I love Reign of Fire...the dragon effects were awesome!  Dragonheart is another one of my favorites, too.

Yuri,
I know exactly what you're talking about.  Dragon is one of my spirit guides, too.

#15 lorddraven2000

lorddraven2000

Extra Terrestrial

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,165 posts

Posted 17 December 2004 - 06:10 PM

DA I own them both and watch them at least once a month. I am glad to find another Dragonheart fan, most people here hate it for some reason.

#16 Guest_Darkcloud_*

Guest_Darkcloud_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 December 2004 - 08:04 PM

QUOTE(Dark Angel @ Dec 16 2004, 07:44 PM)
Maybe they did exist at one time, as leftover dinosaurs that somehow survived?  They say that every myth has it's beginnings in a grain of truth, so who knows?  The Coelecanth survived, and there's talk about "dinosaur-like" creatures in places like Loch Ness and Lake Champlain.  So maybe there was some kind of creature that survived, only to be called "dragon" many years later?

View Post

I agree that it's possible for the various dragons myths being based on sightings of these creatures.  If any of them are still around I hope they won't be found.

#17 lorddraven2000

lorddraven2000

Extra Terrestrial

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,165 posts

Posted 18 December 2004 - 07:57 AM

I also think DA made a great point with the dinasaur theory. If they were discovered now all heck would break loose.

#18 mardawg666

mardawg666

Demon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts
  • Interests:Wife, kids, guns and cars.

Posted 18 December 2004 - 08:47 AM

A huge THING with large leathery wings was discovered encased in a huge cavern while digging a tunnel in the U.K in the 19th century. I have the story somewhere.It was alive long enough to "croak" and then drop dead.
Pteradactyl? Dragons sound an awful lot like  pterosaurs. Pterosaurs werent dinosaurs, they were flying reptiles, like dragons. Dinosaurs were closer to birds. Weird but generally accepted I think. Reptiles and insects are most of the remaining true Cretaceous period animals. Fish being the rest. Dont quote me, Im just a redneck with a lot of spare time. biggrin.gif

Edited by mardawg666, 18 December 2004 - 08:55 AM.

#19 Yuri Hyuga

Yuri Hyuga

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 18 December 2004 - 09:06 AM

Was thinking maybe there is dragon around like legends just resting or wating for something . or maybe thinking about capcom game breath of fire series there the hero can turn in to a dragon maybe be around or is a dragon in human form. Dragonheart was a long time i saw it but is was good but does i now didnt like becuse of sean connery voice to the dragon

Edited by Yuri Hyuga, 18 December 2004 - 09:07 AM.

#20 mardawg666

mardawg666

Demon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts
  • Interests:Wife, kids, guns and cars.

Posted 18 December 2004 - 09:16 AM

Shhon Cohnerrah wash a shtrange pick Oy agree bot it grew on meh.
(insert scottish accent here^) That movie was amazing when it came out, the effects floored me. The grass moved with the dragons wing beats! Too cool.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users