Not Paranormal But A Fun Pic Taken On An Investigation

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 ParanormalEmpath

ParanormalEmpath

Apport

• GS Member
  • 70 posts
  • Interests:Spirit, Empathic abilities, Clairvoyance, Mediums & other paranormal topics

Posted 13 September 2020 - 08:15 PM

My family investigated the Old Blackford County Jail in Hartford City, IN last labor day weekend.  This photo was take of our REM pod by my 15 year old great niece.  It's not paranormal but the motion blur made for a great effect.

Posted Image

#2 kevinscan

kevinscan

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting
    Family
    photography
    Computers
    Art
    Friends
    Horror & Sci-fi
    A good mystery
    Star Wars
    Hiking

Posted 13 September 2020 - 11:51 PM

I like it, looks like fire.
Posted Image

"Ghosts are not conscious entities, but emotional energy recorded in matter"

Sir Oliver Lodge

#3 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,110 posts

Posted 14 September 2020 - 03:53 AM

That is a great effect!
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#4 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,455 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 14 September 2020 - 07:26 AM

Goes to show how a light source and the slight movement on the camera snapping a photo can cause this kind of thing
Posted Image

#5 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,773 posts
  • Interests:Digital Stills / Auditory Enigmas

Posted 14 September 2020 - 09:20 AM

Thanks for sharing. I'd be curious to know the shutter speed. Even with a high end camera, with a large sensor capable of capturing low light images with a reasonably quick shutter speed, I'm pretty sure motion blur would be inevitable without a tripod.

Some of the new mirrorless cameras have IBIS (in body image stabilization) and when coupled with lenses that have additional stabilization 7- 8 stops of image stabiization can be achieved but most ghost investigators don't have pockets that deep.

Just checked the cost of those REM pods on Amazon. Only available from third party right now with a tag over $300.00 each?

Edited by EVP, 14 September 2020 - 09:31 AM.

Posted Image

#6 ParanormalEmpath

ParanormalEmpath

Apport

• GS Member
  • 70 posts
  • Interests:Spirit, Empathic abilities, Clairvoyance, Mediums & other paranormal topics

Posted 15 September 2020 - 02:40 AM

EVP I'm not sure what kind of camera it was, I don't think it was that high end.  My great niece took this and She is only 15.  I am pretty sure the pic was a pure accident as she's not into photography and it was her Mom's camera.  The REM pod was a B-day gift from me to my Niece.  I think I paid $ 170.00 for it.  IMO not worth the money.  You can build one yourself if you are electronically inclined for less than $ 30.00.  I didn't have the time or the inclination to build it so I paid an extra $ 140.00 for a 4" pvc pipe coupling and a fancy label. LOL   By the way, if you have a chance to visit the Old Blackford County jail it is well worth the visit.  The building is very active.  We had some interesting experiences.  This was the 15 year old's first ghost hunt and she has been a major skeptic. She got touched and we recorded several things saying her name including "I touched her.".  Now She doesn't know what to think.

#7 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,110 posts

Posted 15 September 2020 - 04:40 AM

Lol, your poor niece having her beliefs challenged like that :D  

But she has a cool uncle  to ghost hunt with :yes:
Posted Image

#8 ParanormalEmpath

ParanormalEmpath

Apport

• GS Member
  • 70 posts

Posted 15 September 2020 - 05:37 AM

KGS... actually we were just only trying to show her that there is more gray in the world than black and white.  She has always "known things" since she was small and I think it scares her a little.  She may be even more empathic than her Mother or older Sister and they both are off the charts.  When we got back home we asked her what she thought, "I'm not going to think about it." was her answer.  Whether she ever participates with us again will be her choice but we expanded her world just a bit.  I am sure she thinks that I am her Mom's funny, kooky Uncle... LOL

#9 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,773 posts

Posted 17 September 2020 - 04:54 AM

View PostParanormalEmpath, on 15 September 2020 - 02:40 AM, said:

EVP I'm not sure what kind of camera it was, I don't think it was that high end.  My great niece took this and She is only 15.  I am pretty sure the pic was a pure accident as she's not into photography and it was her Mom's camera.  The REM pod was a B-day gift from me to my Niece.  I think I paid $ 170.00 for it.  IMO not worth the money.  You can build one yourself if you are electronically inclined for less than $ 30.00.  I didn't have the time or the inclination to build it so I paid an extra $ 140.00 for a 4" pvc pipe coupling and a fancy label. LOL   By the way, if you have a chance to visit the Old Blackford County jail it is well worth the visit.  The building is very active.  We had some interesting experiences.  This was the 15 year old's first ghost hunt and she has been a major skeptic. She got touched and we recorded several things saying her name including "I touched her.".  Now She doesn't know what to think.

Thank you PE for the upload. Your niece was using a Nikon 3000 crop sensor DSLR with a 35 mm F1.8. The camera chose to shoot at ISO 400 F1.8, 1/2 of second. No surprise, those settings clearly indicate it was under low light conditions and dragging the shutter in Auto at one half of a second created the blur effect. I'm sure your niece wasn't able to hold it steady at that shutter speed either so additional blur was created by her. It still created a very interesting effect worthy of a share and the settings tell the story perfectly.

Edited by EVP, 17 September 2020 - 04:56 AM.

Posted Image

#10 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,110 posts

Posted 17 September 2020 - 07:53 PM

:good: You are just like a detective EVP :fright:
Posted Image

#11 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,773 posts

Posted 18 September 2020 - 09:46 AM

View PostKlaineyGStudy, on 17 September 2020 - 07:53 PM, said:

:good: You are just like a detective EVP :fright:

Grin....I'm not sure if that's a compliment or derogatory considering how law enforcement has recently been viewed :)

Thanks I guess Klainey :)
Posted Image

#12 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,110 posts

Posted 19 September 2020 - 03:09 AM

LOL
Posted Image

#13 MichelleGStudy

MichelleGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,643 posts
  • Interests:I am in private practice with a primary focus on treatment & management of eye disease. I enjoy astronomy, paranormal Investigating, visiting cemeteries, geocaching, gold panning, metal detecting & things of that nature.

Posted 20 September 2020 - 02:51 PM

View PostEVP, on 18 September 2020 - 09:46 AM, said:

Grin....I'm not sure if that's a compliment or derogatory considering how law enforcement has recently been viewed :)

Thanks I guess Klainey :)
A compliment!!!