Free Skins
© Fisana

I Have Several Videos That Have Got Me Stumped...

security camera infrared orb bug light video unexplained

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 SadSushi

SadSushi

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 04:31 PM

Hello, I'm new here. This is my first post, and I hope I can find some answers as I feel that I can't really come up with anything "normal" on my own. I'm not an investigator, but I do approach things from a VERY analytical angle. I used to have a job where all I would do is search live and recorded video surveillance, and I've become quite adept at noticing things... except for this.

I've already had one (the only) local paranormal group in my area go over this series of videos, and though I do respect the conclusion of his findings, I find it very hard to swallow for several reasons. Since these are videos, I can't post them directly as they are over the 500K limit. So I will post links through Google Share, instead. I was told that the light on these videos is a bug. But that conclusion doesn't add up for several reasons.

- This object stays brightly illuminated despite being far away from the IR stream at times, while every other bug does not. They all clearly fade in and out.
- Every other bug moves very quickly in comparison. This object is slow moving.
- Every other bug has wings and legs completely visible regardless of how far or near they are to the camera, or how fast it flies. This object is a solid glowing ball.
- While in the dark, the object is glowing brightly. When the lights are turned on, it appears transparent but can still be seen slightly.
- While I was outside to investigate in person, I could not see it with my own eyes. But it could be seen floating around me, both in front and behind me.
- Other bugs (not every bug) trigger the motion detection to start the recording, but this object does not. It has only been recorded as a result of something else tripping the motion sensors. If it wasn't for other bugs flying quickly in front of or around the camera, this would not have been recorded.

Based on these reasons, I can't easily dismiss this as a bug, since it neither looks anything like nor acts anything like any other bug that has been recorded before or since this has shown up. I'm not looking for a "paranormal stamp of approval" or anything like that. I don't know what it is, I just really doubt it's a bug. But if everyone else says that's what it is, then I'd have to be crazy to go against the masses... without good reason.

I think one big drawback to this video is that the aspect ratio was skewed by the video converter software that came with the security system, so it may not be too terribly clear.

Has anyone else seen anything like this?

https://docs.google....3VqR1FZM1E/edit
https://docs.google....XR6Y1ZWOXc/edit
https://docs.google....zVKX3MtdXM/edit
https://docs.google....EJoSzZmenM/edit
https://docs.google....XhZblFDNlU/edit
https://docs.google....lZSUDU4VzA/edit
https://docs.google....TFNVHZEcTQ/edit << this is where it could be seen floating around me, difficult to see

#2 kevinscan

kevinscan

Demon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting
    Family
    photography
    Computers
    Art
    friends
    horror & sci-fi
    a good mystery
    Star Wars

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:58 AM

It looks like moths, and in number 4 there is a flying grass hopper.
Posted Image

The most sophisticated computer ever  devised by mankind is now called Stonehenge.

#3 SadSushi

SadSushi

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:41 AM

The other bugs, yes. I can tell those are moths. And I did notice the grasshopper as well. There is only the one "bug" in particular that concerns me. The biggest, brightest one that stands out more than the rest. It looks nothing like all the other bugs. No wings, no legs, no fast movement.

#4 Snowlord

Snowlord

Ghoststudy's Official Photo Expert

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,208 posts
  • Interests:Photography ... Chess ... Nature ... Astronomy ... Kicking Butt...stuff like that.

Posted 18 March 2014 - 05:49 AM

My first thought is that even if all the other bugs appear differently, that does not mean that this is not a bug. It could just be a very different bug. When I go out hiking in the woods around here there are many flying bugs that buzz past me quickly, but there is one, and one only, type of hover fly that will hover in the air around plants, and even me, and move very slowly around compared to the other bugs. Their type of movement would be very similar to the bright spot in your video, and since I seem to see some small  fluctuations in the light and the space around the bright spot at times,  it gives me the impression of wings possibly moving.

But of course there is no way to be sure of any of this from the video itself. I could see this as being many possible things. Maybe a small spider on a web strand moving in the wind ... or some dust on a filament of some kind behaving similarly ... or something like that. But my best guess would still be some kind of hovering bug.

#5 SadSushi

SadSushi

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:38 PM

Thanks, Snowlord... I figured out what it was while I was thinking about it on the way to school today. It's probably not a bug, but it is definitely something on a web. The way it was moving did react like something very lightweight in a very soft breeze. The only thing that keeps it from blowing around wildly is that it's actually much closer to the camera than it appears. The constant glow is because of how close it is to the camera, even though it's not directly IN the IR beam. I didn't see it when I went out there because I was looking for something bigger, and this was actually a lot smaller and a lot higher up.

The main thing that backs this up is at the end of the last video. That's when I turned on the ceiling fans on the porch, and I didn't see it again after that. I must have blown it away since it was so small. I'm so glad I had figured this out because it had me going crazy for the past few months.

#6 Snowlord

Snowlord

Ghoststudy's Official Photo Expert

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,208 posts
  • Interests:Photography ... Chess ... Nature ... Astronomy ... Kicking Butt...stuff like that.

Posted 18 March 2014 - 08:16 PM

View PostSadSushi, on 18 March 2014 - 12:38 PM, said:

...  I'm so glad I had figured this out because it had me going crazy for the past few months ...

Excellent. Glad you have some answers.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: security camera, infrared, orb, bug, light, video, unexplained

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users