• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Pepper

Pepper

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:07 PM

We have been having lights going on and off in the bathroom, and also a blow dryer cutting on by itself ( which sits in a holder) impossible for anything to touch the switch and turn it on two clicks, from off, past slow, all the way to high. We have tried to slide it around and get something, anything to bump it, so we have no explanation for that. The night before this pic was taken, We were woken up at 3:15 am and kept up by all kinds of noises ( bumps, whispering, rattling ) this went on until just before 5:00 am when we finally were able to get back to sleep. The next afternoon, when I got out of the shower I was caught off guard by what looked like a face looking out from the mirror. You can see the eyes and even the right eyebrow, and kind of a profile of the nose, mouth and chin. Just thought I’d share it and see what you thought. (1st pic is just as taken on 4g cellphone), (2nd pic is the same, just adjusted contrast for better view, and used text tool to label facial features).... also, my 11 yr old saw this and said, mom, what is that little hand, it looks like a small kid ?? ... I had not even noticed it before, but I circled it also. I'm very anxious to see what you think!

Also, being that my hubby is military and SUPER anal retentive about drawing on mirrors, car windows, or anything of that sort, I can assure you that this mirror was not drawn on and is cleaned about twice a week with paper towels and windex!

Also, for just a little background, weird things started happening the very first night we moved into our house in 2007, and we found out several weeks after that from a neighbor that there had been a suicide on the back porch years before which was not disclosed to us by the real estate agents! We had it blessed by our priest August of 2011, but this fall we have started having things happening again. I tried sprinkling holy water around the house myself after this happened the other day. Things got a little better, but haven’t stopped completely yet. Our 2 yr old also woke up at 3:16 crying from a bad dream the same night my husband and I were awoken. Maybe related, maybe coincidence? Thanks for listening.... I just found this site, and as you can tell I've been looking for people to talk to about this stuff for awhile.

Attached Files

#2 DTR

DTR

EVP

• GS Member
  • 85 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:04 AM

I've stared at this picture for a few minutes, and struggled to see the face. I'd say the hand is more noticeable. The face, I'm not so sure, it doesn't look human by any means Also where you have kids in the house, even though the husband is anal about not touching mirrors, it's still too hard to not rule out one of them touching the mirror..

But your house sounds really active. You should keep us updated on the activity.

And welcometo the boards :)

DTR

Island Ghost Research - Youtube Channel

http://www.youtube.c...ndGhostResearch

#3 Vlawde

Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,753 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:47 AM

I don't see anything that remotely looks like a face. I'm guessing the hand is yours, holding the cell phone. Pink?
Posted Image

#4 Paranormal_RN

Paranormal_RN

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts
  • Interests:Reading!!!!!!!!
    Redoing old furniture
    Paranormal

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:21 AM

Sorry Pepper, I don't see anything either.  I've no doubt you feel as though you have caught something.  Sometimes we see with our eyes what the camera doesn't capture.  In any case, sounds like you have other goings on that are very interesting.
"Just because you can, doesn't mean you should!"  Ash, aka T-Rex

"Your just jealous because the little voices talk to me!"

#5 Snowlord

Snowlord

Ghoststudy's Official Photo Expert

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,214 posts
  • Interests:Photography ... Chess ... Nature ... Astronomy ... Kicking Butt...stuff like that.

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:06 PM

It just looks like mild pareidolia to me. The hand doesn't look very hand-like, and the eyes don't really look like eyes.

#6 Safire973

Safire973

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:15 PM

Hi and welcome to the board!

While I've no doubt that you appear to have some activity in your home, I do not think there is anything paranormal about this picture.  No matter how often you may clean windows, mirrors, etc, varied patterns will always show up when they get steamed.

If you find a way to stop that, please tell me because my bathroom mirror is the bane of my existence!  LOL
I fully believe that not everyone is meant to see things; some things you just aren't meant to know.

#7 Pepper

Pepper

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:59 PM

Thanks so much for all of your opinions! Some people have been able to see it, and alot of others just don't see it either. It could very well just be an odd way the mirror steamed up, and probablly the pareidolia explanation makes the most sense. I do want to say though that I can rule out my small children for sure, because this bathroom is attatched to the master bedroom and there are childproof doorknobs on both our bedroom and bathroom door which the 2 & 4 yr old can't get through. Also, they are too short to reach the mirror.  Thanks again for taking the time to look at it!  I'll definitely keep why'all updated  if anything else major happens. :thanks:

Edited by Pepper, 19 November 2012 - 02:01 PM.

#8 Ectoplazzum

Ectoplazzum

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:59 AM

I have looked and looked and looked and I'm sorry, I'm not going to be much help at all, I just can't see anything.  Even in the pic where you circled things I just don't see it as how you're describing it.  I'm going to go back and look at it again later because you know how it is, sometimes you can look at things and just not see them and then when you look at them another time, with "different eyes", as they say, it pops out at you and is clear as day.  So we'll see if I can see anything later or tomorrow.  Your home certainly does have the history to be active paranormally what with the suicide on your porch.  Have you tried to capture some of the sounds, especially the whispers?  You should try to record them one night and see if they are trying to talk TO you or just prattling on about something.  If things continue to happen it might pay to call in a paranormal group to investigate and see if they can pick up anything.

Elle

#9 haj63

haj63

Apport

• GS Member
  • 69 posts
  • Interests:All things paranormal,movies,traveling with my partner and living each day to the fullest.....

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:07 AM

Welcome Pepper . I'm sorry I dont really see anything either,BUT from a bit of experiance that when I KNOW there is something in my pictures,when I put them on this site(others also) something seems to change the pictures in the process. I'm thinking filters etc . However when I send them to regular email the picture stays the same and the person(s)actually SEE what I'm seeing .No I'm no expert by any means,I just know there is a differeance. So maybe you can just try that and see if there is any differeance for you that way .But your home does seem like there might be something there with what happened there .Good luck.........J.........

#10 armywife83

armywife83

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:32 AM

i kinda see what your are saying but mite not
be a ghostly thing.

Edited by armywife83, 28 December 2012 - 11:32 AM.

#11 AdamTheAnalyst

AdamTheAnalyst

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:20 AM

I must say, I'm not seeing anything paranormal, when you do have minor activity in a home your mind has a tenancy to start looking out for things to label as paranormal, which I think is the case with this photo, your minds just trying to find facial patterns in a chaotic pattern.

Happy Hunting
Recreational Paranormal Investigator In Staffordshire UK

#12 MortimerGraves

MortimerGraves

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:20 AM

Not to be rude but wouldn't a mirror be the logical place to seen a reflection?
Who you gonna call?

#13 MarkLeecook

MarkLeecook

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:20 AM

It just looks like a normal mirror to me, can't see anything out of the ordinary in it at all.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ghost photos, haunting, mirror faces

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users