What Is The Best Way To Capture Ghosts On Camera?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 kuurt

kuurt

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 04:43 PM

What is the best way to capture ghosts on camera? Would you use some kind of camera that captures heat or cold, or infrared or what?   Just wondering what kind of camera I would need.

#2 trin

trin

Alien

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,542 posts
  • Interests:photography, art, ghost stories (particularly first hand), history, Asia, origami, fiber arts/crafts. http://www.zibbet.com/trinlayk

Posted 02 October 2016 - 09:36 PM

The more I examing ghost photography, the more I suspect ghosts aren't exactly easy to photograph even if you have the perfect equipment.

Soooo many reports of "full bodied figure" and the photo is just an empty environment.

#3 Menet

Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 03 October 2016 - 12:25 AM

Whatever equipment they use, you can expect it to be expensive.  Full spectrum cameras, motion sensors, and many times a combination of.  I was entertaining myself yesterday with videos and came across one where the camera sat for 10 years recording and managed to catch something.  TEN YEARS.  lol  It ain't easy.

#4 Snowlord

Snowlord

Ghoststudy's Official Photo Expert

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts
  • Interests:Photography ... Chess ... Nature ... Astronomy ... Kicking Butt...stuff like that.

Posted 03 October 2016 - 08:08 AM

View Postkuurt, on 02 October 2016 - 04:43 PM, said:

... What is the best way to capture ghosts on camera? Would you use some kind of camera that captures heat or cold, or infrared or what?  ...  

Since no one really knows what ghosts are ... if they exist ... then I would think you would need all that and more. Infrared, Visual Light, Ultraviolet, Slow Motion, High Speed, Radar, Sonar, and anything else you can think of. Unless someone can definitively say what ghosts are you would have to cover all the bases if you were serious about capturing an image of one. Could get a little expensive.

#5 Vlawde

Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,985 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 03 October 2016 - 09:26 AM

I've investigated for years, taken thousands of still photos and never got a ghost. Plus there have been  reports of people actually seeing a ghost, snapping a  photo, and nothing shows up. There are better ways to document the paranormal. For visual evidence IMO videos may have a better chance of catching something, infrared, thermal, regular..pick your poison. EVP's are probably the easiest evidence one can get.

Honestly, the majority of purported ghost photos you see on the internet are not paranormal, mostly dust, bugs, glare, smoke etc, not to mention camera glitches and artifacts
Posted Image

#6 Tantric KittenGStudy

Tantric KittenGStudy

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,185 posts

Posted 03 October 2016 - 10:21 AM

Good luck and persistence.

I've taken tens of thousands of photos over the years investigating and have a handful of unexplained ones and one single one I am confident is paranormal.

We don't have the technology to track and measure entities yet,  although sometimes they mess with our stuff.   We certainly don't have the technology to reliably photograph them unless they want us to.
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. --Herm Albright

#7 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,855 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 12:34 AM

try it out with a camera that has good resolution - pixelation will lead you down a road where it will be hard to identify your images as paranormal or not! All of the other bits and pieces like infrared and uv etc are just icing on the cake, but I'd suggest to start with, just get a good camera with the ability to time lapse or record at certain intervals and go from there!
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#8 trin

trin

Alien

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,542 posts
  • Interests:photography, art, ghost stories (particularly first hand), history, Asia, origami, fiber arts/crafts. http://www.zibbet.com/trinlayk

Posted 05 October 2016 - 03:28 PM

I've looked at so many ghost photos, and the few that are distinctly weird... often aren't what the person saw or thought they saw.
I've started to feel that "ghosts" whatever they are, aren't something that involves actually reflecting or manipulating the light.  
If we seen a "full bodied apparition" 90% of that may be happening in a way that, while interpreted as "visual" really is something else.

I worked in an industrial setting, often alone in a locked building... and experienced the sorts of things that get tagged "ghost" and "paranormal" and haven't gotten a good explaination from anyone. (building has since burned down)  So *something weird* was definitely happening, often with 2 or 3 witnesses.  Not so sure it's "spirits of dead people" either.... and pretty sure it wasn't "demons".

#9 Vlawde

Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • 11,985 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 05 October 2016 - 03:29 PM

^^^ True, it may be apparitions are a mental projection to the viewer, and not something actually there that can be photographed
Posted Image

#10 aisLinnZ

aisLinnZ

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 130 posts
  • Interests:Playing Celtic harp, sketching, reading bks of people in a mystical perspective(Abe Lincoln,Hildegard of Bingen,William B. Yeats,Nostrodomus-regular folks , living their beliefs), enjoy forests~

Posted 18 October 2016 - 01:17 PM

I know this isnt a camera tip.....but.....
.......Sounds weird, but you can try and sketch a quick drawing....I had made friends with a woman some years back- on a sort of 'meditation, new age, quantum physics site', and though she was in England and me in CA, we messeged now and then.

After some months though her posts got sad; she'd had a bunch of things happen in life and she was getting super depressed. I messeged her of how she was doing, and when she said she wanted to die , I freaked and informed a site moderator that she was sounding very unhappy and feeling hopeless....perhaps some kind words-and to reiterate what I suggested~talk to a suicide line/person~ they understand how low we can feel sometimes(or a lot).

Some days later I woke and saw a skull of a woman with curly brown hair - kind of dreads but w/some twists in it, & heard the woman's name. It took a sec to recall the name.(username)

I felt compelled to sketch quickly (on a post it!) What I'd seen, and asked on the site of a moderator if they'de got feedback from the woman. They didn't elaborate but mentioned her suddenly 'not being with us anymore'. I can't assume she did pass away-I don't know since I only knew her username, and we didn't email.

I'd left the post it sketch on the counter in our bthrm, & my husband happened to see it and it freaked him out somehow(I usually sketch mountains,trees etc-not dread locked skulls) and he crumpled it up and trashed it! (Hey!! That's my sketch, even if its spooky!) I hadn't known he did that.

Maybe its better- it was small but did give you the chills. I am just saying, even the most scribbly of a drawing of something you may think is ghost/spirit- or even a really weird dream...is like a snapshot from your mind- only you could do.

(I still send that woman peaceful 'thoughts/prayers', hoping she really did not pass on. We were both in our 30's at the time....and I felt awful she was feeling so hopeless : (  I guess its good my sketch is gone; better to have hope of an alive and happy her...)

Edited by aisLinnZ, 18 October 2016 - 01:48 PM.

"..for those who believe, no words are necessary. For those who do not believe, no words are possible.."  (and that's ok!~)

#11 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 10,183 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 11:03 PM

Just start taking pics in locations known to be haunted... and see what you get.  ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users