True North

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 17 March 2019 - 05:47 PM

'The Flatwoods Monster Case - Ivan Sanderson's 1953 Report'
https://youtu.be/PxCtROFks14?t=158

^ skip to 2:38 of the video for Ivan's report.

Among other details, he describes the 'monster' the 14 witnesses reported seeing when they went to investigate the glowing object, talks about the terrible effects a metal-smelling mist apparently had on a dog and young man, and says there were 6 similar-looking UFO's in total (all moving in the same direction, spaced about 5 miles apart).

Can't say I've come across any creature/humanoid that matches what these witnesses described seeing.

#2 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,062 posts

Posted 17 March 2019 - 11:44 PM

Thanks for sharing this True North.

I haven't heard of this case, nor I am glad to say never witnessed any creatures of their description.

I think I would have been jumping the fence in one go like Mrs May too :shocked:
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#3 WhispersInTheAttic

WhispersInTheAttic

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 18 March 2019 - 03:23 PM

This is the first time I heard about the case. It's interesting though. :)

Is humanoid's alien like creatures?

Posted Image

#4 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

The Official GhostStudy Easter Bunny

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,404 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf (Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 18 March 2019 - 08:31 PM

I've seen the Flatwoods Monster mentioned on a few YouTube videos. That is one encounter, which I do not want to experience. :no:

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Official GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#5 True North

True North

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 07:38 PM

'Frank Feshino Jr. (08-17-06) The Braxton County Monster'
https://youtu.be/ZGgzFqTZr9k?t=2587

^ @ 43:07 of the video, an eyewitness is interviewed at the spot they originally saw the 'monster'. When asked if he thought it was a monster or something else, he says what he saw "looked mechanical" to him, like "a small spaceship or a suit of some kind".

#6 True North

True North

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 08:39 PM

View PostWhispersInTheAttic, on 18 March 2019 - 03:23 PM, said:

Is humanoid's alien like creatures?

'Humanoid' basically means anything that's bipedal and has two arms and two legs, so yeah, a lot of aliens are considered humanoid. Elves, dwarves, orcs and goblins are humanoids. Sasquatch as well. Lots of robots are humanoid. The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are humanoids.

After looking into this case a bit, apparently the 'monster' in question wasn't humanoid; the witnesses didn't describe it as having arms or legs. The describe it as having a 'head', two 'eyes', and an antenna-like something extending out from where the head met the body on either side (which some artists have taken the liberty of turning into arms with claws).

#7 kevinscan

kevinscan

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting
    Family
    photography
    Computers
    Art
    Friends
    Horror & Sci-fi
    A good mystery
    Star Wars
    Hiking

Posted 20 March 2019 - 01:34 PM

In this video they give it a go to  debunk it.

https://www.youtube....h?v=QE9pEBEZk4Q
Posted Image

"Ghosts are not conscious entities, but emotional energy recorded in matter"

Sir Oliver Lodge

#8 True North

True North

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 01:28 PM

View Postkevinscan, on 20 March 2019 - 01:34 PM, said:

In this video they give it a go to  debunk it.

https://www.youtube....h?v=QE9pEBEZk4Q

^ uh... well that was an embarrassing attempt. An owl?? Lol

#9 JohnHermes

JohnHermes

Apport

• GS Member
  • 73 posts
  • Interests:tarot, dreaming practices, shamanism, magick etc.

Posted 02 April 2019 - 02:58 AM

Something like out of the Netflix series "Stranger Things".  Weird how this information isn't publicized.

#10 Portia2012

Portia2012

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 291 posts
  • Interests:Ghosts, Channeling, New Age, Ascended Masters, Egypt, Atlantis, Avalon, Law...

Posted 16 December 2019 - 09:57 AM

In the Hellier series they connect the Mothman and the Flatwoods Monster.

Like the Mothman story, me and my family would stop at Flatwoods all the time. Another Synchronicity.

As a P.S. people often look at us like we are stupid and try to say it was just an owl or a sandcrane. We know birds, and what they saw there is not a normal bird.

Edited by Portia2012, 16 December 2019 - 10:02 AM.

Posted Image

Made by SIlent Walker :)

#11 True North

True North

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 16 December 2019 - 04:06 PM

View PostPortia2012, on 16 December 2019 - 09:57 AM, said:

In the Hellier series they connect the Mothman and the Flatwoods Monster.

What connection(s) do they draw? Anything worth typing?

#12 True North

True North

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 17 December 2019 - 04:48 PM

I'm guessing not.

Following review for that show sounds about right (top critical review on amazon):

"If you want to spend hour after hour watching the self-impressed sit around a living room convincing themselves of endless “synchronicities” — which I gather is the received term for mind-numbingly boring coincidences, then this is the series for you. They will treat you to lingering shots of their own faces. as they ponder the deep mysteries of how “there might be some sort of strangeness that slips through somehow” and that -- ooooo -- “it’s all connected.” They will treat you to long shots of themselves wandering aimlessly around dreary little towns. You will even get slow-motion footage of them getting into their rental cars in dumpy motel parking lots. You will join them as they chase down the address of a defunct diner because the Kabbalah told them to. I am at a loss for the words to describe how stupid this show is. Example: two of the “investigators” test drove their first car near Point Pleasant, therefore they are connected to the Mothman, which is MAYBE connected to the “case” they’re investigating — although what exactly that “case” is is not clear in the middle of Episode 3, which is as far as I can go in this morass of self-absorbed ridiculousness. I’m just grateful this came gratis with my Amazon Prime, and I didn’t pay to rent it."

#13 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,438 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 17 December 2019 - 04:55 PM

I'd disagree with that review. I couldn't stop watching, and while I think some of the synchronicities were coincidences, not all were. The Newkirks have a good reputation in the paranormal field and are generally respected. What I like is they (like myself) think it possible that UFOs, paranormal and other oddities are the same thing...maybe interdimensional. some kind of 'trickster' or something else. The John Keel/Indrid Cold connection was of great interest to me as well.
Posted Image

#14 True North

True North

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 17 December 2019 - 10:07 PM

I watched the first episode. It was a joke. A pair of sharp 10-year-olds would make better investigators.

Example: to answer the question of whether you can get abducted by aliens, they went to Brown Mountain to see if they would get abducted by aliens. Yes, you read that correctly. That was it, that was their genius plan. They (spoiler!) don't get abducted. The girl says, and I quote, "technically, we should've been able to be abducted." Lol. Apparently this is considered quality content in the paranormal entertainment industry.

Another Example: after no one they ask in Hellier recognizes the name given by the individual they claim emailed them about having problems with the strange little visitors, they drive around to see if they can find the supposed house where the supposed incidents took place. Eventually, they spot an abandoned-looking house which they think is the house... and leave it at that. Yup, that's it. These so-called investigators can't even be bothered to inquire with the nearest neighbors as to how long the house has been abandoned or to inquire about who used to live there. They also can't be bothered to find out who currently owns the property and see about getting permission to look around, or be bothered to find out who used to own the property at the time of the alleged incidents. I don't know, maybe they do that in a later episode, but what they said made it sound like they didn't pursue it any further.

Truly some grade A investigative work.

Edited by True North, 18 December 2019 - 07:12 AM.

#15 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,009 posts
  • Interests:WOW, our dogs and hanging with good people!

Posted 18 December 2019 - 12:23 PM

View PostTrue North, on 17 December 2019 - 10:07 PM, said:

I watched the first episode. It was a joke. A pair of sharp 10-year-olds would make better investigators.

Example: to answer the question of whether you can get abducted by aliens, they went to Brown Mountain to see if they would get abducted by aliens. Yes, you read that correctly. That was it, that was their genius plan. They (spoiler!) don't get abducted. The girl says, and I quote, "technically, we should've been able to be abducted." Lol. Apparently this is considered quality content in the paranormal entertainment industry.

Another Example: after no one they ask in Hellier recognizes the name given by the individual they claim emailed them about having problems with the strange little visitors, they drive around to see if they can find the supposed house where the supposed incidents took place. Eventually, they spot an abandoned-looking house which they think is the house... and leave it at that. Yup, that's it. These so-called investigators can't even be bothered to inquire with the nearest neighbors as to how long the house has been abandoned or to inquire about who used to live there. They also can't be bothered to find out who currently owns the property and see about getting permission to look around, or be bothered to find out who used to own the property at the time of the alleged incidents. I don't know, maybe they do that in a later episode, but what they said made it sound like they didn't pursue it any further.

Truly some grade A investigative work.

After watching the first episode, I came straight back to this thread to complain in a similar way to your 2nd example.  I did not post it and watched the 2nd episode.  It answered some of the lame misses I thought the team made in the first episode.  I only finished episode 2 of season 1.  So far I like it....that could change depending on the direction it takes.  Will check out the rest when I get some time off this month
Just because you have one....doesn't mean you have to act like one - Louczar
Life is short, enjoy it!

#16 True North

True North

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 19 December 2019 - 11:00 AM

This is supposed to be a Flatwoods Monster thread so I think any further discussion of Hellier should be moved to a Hellier-specific thread. That first episode was incredibly low effort and I can't see such laughably inept 'investigators' upping their game later, but again, if I want to point out how stupid the show is I'll do so in an appropriate thread.

Edited by True North, 19 December 2019 - 06:04 PM.

#17 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,438 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 19 December 2019 - 07:41 PM

Posted Image

At 7:15 p.m. on September 12, 1952, two brothers, Edward and Fred May, and their friend Tommy Hyer said they saw a bright object cross the sky and land on the property of local farmer G. Bailey Fisher. The boys went to the home of Kathleen May, where they told their story. May, accompanied by the three boys, local children Neil Nunley and Ronnie Shaver, and West Virginia National Guardsman Eugene

Lemon, went to the Fisher farm in an effort to locate whatever it was that the boys said they had seen. The group reached the top of a hill, where Nunley said they saw a pulsing red light. Lemon said he aimed a flashlight in that direction and momentarily saw a tall "man-like figure with a round, red face surrounded by a pointed, hood-like shape".

…Kathleen May described the figure as having "small, claw-like hands", clothing-like folds, and "a head that resembled the ace of spades". According to the story, when the figure made a hissing sound and "glided toward the group", Lemon screamed and dropped his flashlight, causing the group to run away.

September 14, 1952 news clip from the Charleston Daily Mail.
The group said they had smelled a "pungent mist" and some later said they were nauseated.

The local sheriff and a deputy had been investigating reports of a crashed aircraft in the area.

en.wikipedia.org...

Edited by Vlawde, 19 December 2019 - 07:42 PM.

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: UFO, UFO landing, UFO crash