• Please log in to reply
217 replies to this topic

#161 Snowlord

Snowlord

Ghoststudy's Official Photo Expert

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts
  • Interests:Photography ... Chess ... Nature ... Astronomy ... Kicking Butt...stuff like that.

Posted 13 April 2008 - 07:00 PM

The orange light above the people looks more like a development flaw to me than a lens flare, but I can't be sure. But I am sure that all the features of the "face" you see are features of the background plants. The circle that looks like an eye is repeated in other parts of the photograph, just not as clearly. I think the flaw or flare has just enhanced this circle and made it stand out more than the others.

Edited by Snowlord, 13 April 2008 - 07:00 PM.

#162 MARYMEDIC

MARYMEDIC

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 09:07 AM

I have a picture I took on the Queen Mary in the pool area. Can you tell me how to put it on this site? (not very computer savy). I have tried to figure it out but cannot rule anything out.

#163 Argent

Argent

Apport

• GS Member
  • 54 posts
  • Interests:Writing, listening to music, discussing the paranormal, reading... Very deep individual trying to develope her gifts of empathy, telepathy, and mental healing...

Posted 03 January 2009 - 02:39 PM

QUOTE(BAD_BUTTERFLY @ Oct 26 2004, 06:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok I had this pic up on the ezboard. Many of our members said that they saw somethign in the left side window.  They asked if there was statues in the windows, I don't believe that there is.  So since then I have downloaded adobe photoshop to try and see things better that what I was able to see with the paint program.  I have found that I am completely retarted when it comes to photoshop and I don't believe I will ever understand how to use it.  So those of you that might be able to figure out what is in the window, please take a stab at it.ThanksSamanthaAKA BAD_BUTTERFLY
There is something in that window that I can see...  It looks like a lady looking at the door or something in my perspective...  idk though...  very interesting and nice photo!Argent
QUOTE(astrodaddy @ Nov 5 2004, 11:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have one that I would like you all to see.I took this pic back in June, 2004 in the first cemetary in Logan County ,Ohio.It was a bright ,beautiful summer day around 1:30 pm with little to no humidity.This was not the camera strap, as it was securely around my wrist as I shot this.The lens was clean as well as I used lens wipes to make sure the lens was clean. As it was my first hunt, I did everything I could to make sure that whatever I caught on film was real. And this one pic was the only one out of over 50 to come out this way. You can see more of my pics of this cemetary by clicking on my link in my sig if youre interested.Any Ideas?
I have no idea as to what this is but it is definately very interesting...  I would you may have caught some ectoplasm on camera if you are for sure it isn't your camera strap...  Nice photo and thanx for sharing!  xxoxoxx
Imprisoned by these walls that seem to hold us within our own minds...  Only we set the limits as to how far our souls will fly....  What will you live for?  xxoxoxx

#164 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,058 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 03 January 2009 - 02:53 PM

Typical of a camera strap or other object hanging in front of the lens
Posted Image

#165 Argent

Argent

Apport

• GS Member
  • 54 posts
  • Interests:Writing, listening to music, discussing the paranormal, reading... Very deep individual trying to develope her gifts of empathy, telepathy, and mental healing...

Posted 03 January 2009 - 03:01 PM

QUOTE(Vlawde @ Jan 3 2009, 05:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Typical of a camera strap or other object hanging in front of the lens

Yes definately...  Part of the reason I have hard time believing many of these kinds of pictures....  

Argent
Imprisoned by these walls that seem to hold us within our own minds...  Only we set the limits as to how far our souls will fly....  What will you live for?  xxoxoxx

#166 lordofvermin

lordofvermin

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 127 posts
  • Interests:maybe a little obvious...seeing as i am a member of a PARANORMAL forum XD

Posted 03 January 2009 - 03:54 PM

dude.....im afraid that is the camera strap

Max
We are about to head on to the battle field. Believe our blades will not shatter...Believe our souls will not be cut. Even if our steps separate, our iron will remains solid....Promise....Even if the ground may split... WE WILL RETURN ALIVE TO THIS PLACE.....

#167 Argent

Argent

Apport

• GS Member
  • 54 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 03:57 PM

QUOTE(lordofvermin @ Jan 3 2009, 06:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
dude.....im afraid that is the camera strap

Max

Probably...  lol  I hate to burst your bubble...  idk lol...

#168 wantonspecter

wantonspecter

Apport

• GS Member
  • 60 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 06:52 AM

Ok, how about this one? I took this picture at a small local cemetary that's next to a church. It's kind of an old cemetary with some of the headstones dating back to the mid to late 1800's.

I know the orb thing is probably dust or something, but what I don't understand are the two faces I see in the background. They seem to be floating above the fence of the cemetary on the outside of it. I have other pictures of this same area and there is nothing in them. I have been to this cemetary several times and there is nothing there that would catch light to reflect it except some bushes and even they are further away then these faces seem to be. I also have other questionable photos from this same cemetary. So, please take a look (you'll probably have to zoom in a little) and let me know what you think. Thanks.

Not sure if I'm doing this right so I hope this works. If not I'll try again.
What happens if you are scared half to death twice?

#169 wantonspecter

wantonspecter

Apport

• GS Member
  • 60 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 07:41 AM

Ok, scratch that! I'm not sure how to post this picture so that you can zoom in to see the faces. If anyone could offer some assistance I'd appreciate it.

#170 wantonspecter

wantonspecter

Apport

• GS Member
  • 60 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 03:42 PM

Ok, I think I might have it this time!! *keeping fingers crossed*

#171 Snowlord

Snowlord

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts
  • Interests:Photography ... Chess ... Nature ... Astronomy ... Kicking Butt...stuff like that.

Posted 11 September 2009 - 04:40 PM

Well, to me they don't really look like faces. Just some blocky pixels that are brighter than the background. Maybe a little pareidolia in the left hand one makes it a little face-like, but not really that much. There are three obvious bugs in the frame, around the tombstone and the orb, and I think the left hand face looks like it might be another one or more of those bugs. It looks the same color and texture as the bugs ... maybe just a bit further away.

The right hand face is a different shape, and color, to the other one and has no facial features at all in it, not even anything pareidolia can get a hold on. I think that one is just a lighter spot in the image for whatever reason ... maybe a glitch, or something temporarily in that spot that shows up brighter for some reason ... or maybe even a different type of bug that is really to low res to show any shape.

#172 Mama Angie

Mama Angie

Apport

• GS Member
  • 58 posts
  • Interests:My interest are too many and sometimes too few. But I'm not going to try and impress myself with either/or. I don't want to bore myself an be a bore as well.

Posted 23 January 2010 - 09:44 PM

Okay. I'll give you a pic to play with.

Attached File  StrangePic3.jpg   25.28K   49 downloads

Above the flash you should be able to see eyes looking at you.

I took this picture using my brothers Kodak digital camera. I was joking with my niece that I have ghosts in the mirror of my room and I yelled at the mirror for a ghost to show itself and stop being chicken poop about it. I waited 5 seconds then took the pic. I didn't see anything at first until my niece loaded the pic on my computer. She saw it first. Then I saw it. Say what you will about pixels and all that. But it scared the crud out of me when I saw it.

You can see the image better if you make it larger.

Have fun!

May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house. - George Carlin

2012 is not a myth and our government is out to kill us. Beer anyone?

#173 ectomist

ectomist

Train Wreck Conductor

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 358 posts
  • Interests:Horses, ghosts and more.

Posted 24 January 2010 - 10:29 PM

actually it looks like there is a flim/piece of plastic in front of the lense colse up.
To me it just looks like flash and glare. Sorry. But I do see the eyes.
One must but open their eyes, to see what it right in front of them.

#174 GillGal

GillGal

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 168 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 09:53 AM

I see more than one pair of eyes, the obvious ones that glow but others that don't. Not sure if it's paranormal or not however.

"Success is always temporary. When all is said and done, the only thing you'll have left is your character." Vince Gill

#175 Snowlord

Snowlord

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 09:44 AM

Here are some differently adjusted versions of the picture ...  a bright one, and a dark one, and a close up. The person taking the shot is visible ( shoulders and one arm holding the camera ) below the bright flash reflection.

You can see that there are other points of light around this image that are similar to the "eye" points. Also the eyes are contained in clearly rectangular eye sockets that very clearly are the same as the rectangular shapes and "sockets" just above them, and the other rectangular shapes to the right, above, also. The brow above the eyes is simply the bottom line of the rectangular shape above the eyes, and the cheeks are just the bottom line of the rectangular shape around the eyes. The nose between the eyes is straight and is clearly repeated in the rectangular segment above the one with the eyes in it, and also in the ones to the right, above.

This is just some kind of rectangular flaw or reflection in the mirror, enhanced by the flash, and mixed with a healthy dose of pareidolia. The eye spots are likely just flaws reflecting the light, or possibly even a part of whatever is reflecting in the mirror if it is not a flaw.

#176 Kingsley

Kingsley

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 02:03 PM

That's some nice pictures!

I have a challenge for you!

* ^^^ And an FYI.. No, this isn't edited. Its not specifically a challenge to pick a fake!

These ones could do with some explaining if you don't mind good sirs and madams! smile.gif

*about 3 seconds later*

Edited by Kingsley, 13 July 2010 - 02:21 PM.

Common sense is not so common. - Voltaire
Posted Image
^ Part of a photo

#177 Eclectic420

Eclectic420

Shadow Ghost

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 02:25 PM

Greetings,

I see what  your referring to. The cat looking in the direction of the globule. Problem with the photo for me, is the globule looks to be the typical dust orb. Another problem is, are we actually seeing the cat actually looking at the orb, or are we possibly simply seeing a coincidence?

We can't honestly say the cat is looking at the orb, since we can't know what is in the cats mind. As far as we know we could be seeing the cat's reaction to a noise within the wall its self, dare i say a mouse? Someone on the other side of the wall? Not to mention, since a cats hearing and sight is superior to ours, perhaps its actually seeing the speck of dust in the air that reflected the light.  In which case it would actually be looking at the orb, just would be a dust orb.

Who knows, hard to say. But in my opinion, i believe were seeing a coincidence and a dust orb.

The last 2, sorry as they were added while i was posting the first time.

These appear to me to be more dust orbs. There are various forms of dust made of numerous materials. For an example your first photo with the cat, that dust is probably made up of house hold dust, such as animal dander, and dead human skin cells (FACT: House hold dust is 90% dead human skin cells.). Where as your other 2 photos are most likely made up of dirt kicked up from photographer, or any other numerous outside possibilities.

Thanks for sharing.

Blessings,

Edited by Eclectic420, 13 July 2010 - 02:38 PM.

Posted Image

"a person can be so open minded, that they infact are close minded."-ME

"Pluralitas non est ponenda sine neccesitate"-William of Ockham (Ockham's razor)

My MySpace Page - Add Me If You Like

The Eclectic Mind

#178 clinsey

clinsey

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 07:05 PM

Hi Kingsley,
I also can't be sure of what the cat is looking at.  Too bad we can't ask the cat, lol.  I've never seen an orb, but I think of a true orb as being one you see with your naked-eye, not just in a picture.  

The second set of pictures look like they could have condensation on the lens or your breath might be reflected in the flash.  Did you see mist and then take the pictures, or did you just notice it when you looked at your pictures?

#179 Kingsley

Kingsley

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 01:10 AM

@clinsey: The only odd thing I was noticing at the time was our waist high (I'm 6'1") Labra-doodle whimpering at the door trying to get inside. These were the only 2 pictures in a 12 second span where it showed up.

The problem is, with the last 2 pictures, there was orbs before, and after those 2 shots were taken. After that heavy one, 3 seconds later, the camera came up completely blank. (I mean, scenery and stuff, but nothing out of the ordinary.)

Its possible with the cat, I'm not saying what she saw was a spirit orb, I'm just thinking, it would have to be a lot going on at once for the coincidence to build to this. She's a kitten, she normally can't sit down, but when she sat there staring, I knew something was up, and that's what I got!

I thought it was an interesting picture anyway, that she managed to stay in one spot, staring at a part in space where there just happens to be a lens flare, dust orb, or even a real orb!

Thanks guys!

Edited by Kingsley, 14 July 2010 - 01:14 AM.

Common sense is not so common. - Voltaire
Posted Image
^ Part of a photo

#180 BlueAngel

BlueAngel

Disembodied Voice

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts
  • Interests:Interested in the paranormal, and I am proud I just published my first book regarding my haunting.

Posted 14 July 2010 - 11:18 AM

Cute kitty, but really hard to tell what he was responding to at that very moment but there is a look of intense in his eyes. The other two IMO appear to be ectoplasm manifesting and quite strong at that. I realize the dust and all that but the few paranormal photos I have seen look alot like that. Seems the orbs collectively can make a pretty amazing manifestation. Good pics, thanks for sharing.
YOU CANT SCARE ME, I HAVE KIDS