Posted 28 July 2015 - 06:42 PM

Sounds awesome! I am guessing its not done yet

#22 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,786 posts
  • Interests:Enjoy good people and wholesome activities.

Posted 28 July 2015 - 06:48 PM

Siguie,

The domain and hosting for Paranormalsoup is through GoDaddy.com. And the domain for GhostStudy is also through Godaddy... but it's hosted elsewhere.
Posted Image
Check out the GhostStudy.com "YouTube Channel!" Click here

#23 Safire973

Safire973

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 09:21 AM

The issue has been resolved, and the board will be updated at some point today.

Thank you all for your patience and understanding.
I fully believe that not everyone is meant to see things; some things you just aren't meant to know.

#24 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 11:43 AM

Yay! ... great news!  :)
Posted Image

#25 siguie

siguie

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 04:48 PM

View PostJim@GhostStudy, on 28 July 2015 - 06:48 PM, said:

Siguie,

The domain and hosting for Paranormalsoup is through GoDaddy.com. And the domain for GhostStudy is also through Godaddy... but it's hosted elsewhere.

Yeah I figured out it was on Wild West Domains servers but the main reasons for asking were  1) is this place on a "self hosted" license or one where IPB hosts it?  2) IF it's self-hosted do you or the forum admins have secure shell access?

I noticed that you tweak the GhostStudy site in a way that looks like it's some type of windows html editor so thought you might have ssh access. If so maybe you have ssh access here on the server that hosts the forum. IPB seems to seriously limit what you can do yourself to the actual code through any of the admin interfaces ... which is normal ... but a lot of the little annoying things like youtube tags foobar can be easily edited by tweaking the code :yes:

Anyways you can ignore me ... I know there's a fine line between helpful and annoying and I like to zigzag a lot ... it's the way of my people :yes:

That said other than the little tweaks I kept wondering why you didn't just have parts from GhostStudy.com here {like the images} and have perhaps the latest posts or News from the forum over there. Atleast the first one just involves using the php include command  :)
- siguie -

#26 Safire973

Safire973

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 04:59 PM

You guys really need to take this to PM.

Please and thanks! :)

Yes, I realize I just told the owner what to do :D
I fully believe that not everyone is meant to see things; some things you just aren't meant to know.

#27 Safire973

Safire973

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 05:57 AM

Sorry to keep you all waiting.

The upgrade *should* happen today.

Thanks once again for your continued patience! :)

#28 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 11:47 AM

The board went down but still looks the same, as I anticipated. I guess the real change won't happen until we add the new theme and some of the additional features that I would like incorporated (gallery, blogs, store, etc..)  :)  I do see that we have Twitter, Facebook and google plus now... at least I think those are all new. I guess we'll notice many other changes as we go about our business here. And the ease and functionality will be noticed.

No wait. It still says its version is 3.3.4 ...so maybe things aren't complete yet.
Posted Image

#29 Safire973

Safire973

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 12:23 PM

The upgrade was started, but another issue has come up.

#30 KailyBear

KailyBear

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 05:00 AM

umm i cant access memberlist or pm system, is this update why?

#31 Rain

Rain

Apport

• GS Member
  • 71 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 05:45 AM

You need 25(?) Posts before you can use the PM System, Its a security mechanism.

#32 Safire973

Safire973

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 06:28 AM

View PostKailyBear, on 31 July 2015 - 05:00 AM, said:

umm i cant access memberlist or pm system, is this update why?
You need 15 posts to access those portions of the board. It's just another security measure here.

The upgrade is taking longer than normal due to some additional back room changes that have to be addressed.  I promise, it WILL happen. :)

#33 Safire973

Safire973

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 05:38 AM

Just to keep you all updated:

We're waiting for some more info from IP.  With any luck, the board will be updated Soon™

*Soon - at some point between now and an indeterminate length of time*

:D

#34 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,576 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 03 August 2015 - 07:35 AM

Good things come to those who wait ^_^ I can't wait to see what you guys worked so hard on!

Posted Image

"Somehow through it all...  We carry on...

Raise you up when you fall...  We carry on...

Bury the past...  Wounds remain...  Through it all...  A desire to live again"

#35 siguie

siguie

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 01:07 PM

Are we there yet?  :D
- siguie -

#36 Safire973

Safire973

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 01:20 PM

View Postsiguie, on 03 August 2015 - 01:07 PM, said:

Are we there yet?  :D
I think we're fairly close. ~crosses fingers~

#37 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 01:41 PM

I suspect the changes may not be so evident at first glance. But you will notice the changes as you move around.
And Safire will be adding the new theme after the initial changes. And then maybe we can even add a gallery for the members to post their own photos. That is, if Helena & her amazing staff are up to the challenge.  :)

On a separate note (over time), I may be turning Paranormalsoup into a website with forums, rather than just Forums... that was actually the reason for separating the forums from Ghoststudy in the first place. But just to be clear, Ghoststudy will (as always) remain connected to Paranormalsoup. I would then (at some point) be recruiting help in running the website, just as we do with the forums. It might happen hopefully in the next the next 6 months. But it's only in the planning stages at this point. And I have never mentioned this before... so you are the first to know.  :)
Posted Image

#38 siguie

siguie

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 06:54 PM

Galleries sound great :yes: BUT I strongly advise against it especially if the galleries are bound to the the user accounts :no:

Every year or two new security issues pop up with images that contain embedded code, then binding the gallery system to a forum or CMS just gives you a domino vulnerability scenario ... kind of that whole weakest link in a chain thang.

How is a website hacked by a “maliciously encoded image..."

It's generally better to recommend members use something like photobcket and make it easy for people to embed here then have the "Gallery" be a webpage that simply compiles all of the members photos :yes: you can also use the photobucket API to automate it Gallery creation.

As for the rest good plan :yes: but I think you should pay for only one server and just have ghoststudy.com and paranormalsoup.com run from one account. It's cheaper and easier to mix and match what you want from each. As for getting help running the site don't do it :no: It's way way WAY to easy to take out a server by accident ... trust me Posted Image You're better off just setting the place up the way you want and pulling things from the forum or gallery :yes:

Oh and to get back to the board upgrade thing ... so Safire doesn't yell at us again ... Posted Image ... I'm pretty sure "3.3.4" at the bottom right will change to a 4 sumthin :) and that's how we stay on topic :D  :bunny:
- siguie -

#39 VlawdeGStudy

VlawdeGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,050 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 03 August 2015 - 07:45 PM

I know it was worked on today, at times forums were unavailable, at other times I couldn't post, and new posts were indistinguishable from read posts. I'm guessing there is more work to do, seems back to normal right now
Posted Image

#40 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 09:10 PM

Siguie, That's food for thought! I'll seriously consider everything you shared and it's much appreciated!
By the way... I'm going to send you a PM tonight... We have an issue with the Forums and I need to see if you might be able to help.

Thanks Vlawde, I hope those issues earlier weren't caused when I was tinkering with the code. :confused:  
Better hold on to something, this place might go down at any time!
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users