11 replies to this topic

#1 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,801 posts

Posted 23 October 2018 - 02:48 AM

Has anyone heard of the dybbuk box? Ghost adventures are having a 4 hour special on Halloween and Zak is gonna open it on live TV. The commercials they're putting on the travel channel are saying they're not responsible for anything that happens if you watch it. :fright:

Posted Image
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#2 lorac61469

lorac61469

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 23 October 2018 - 02:56 AM

Why? Ratings, that why.

What a jerk. I mean, if it holds something so dangerous, why would he open it. I don’t understand. If I had something that housed an evil spirit there is no way I’d risk letting it loose.

#3 EVP

EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts
  • Interests:Digital Stills / Auditory Enigmas

Posted 23 October 2018 - 03:54 AM

I came across this while researching back in 2012. The link below from Wikipedia has some good information.

https://en.wikipedia...wiki/Dybbuk_box

I know Paranormal Witness did an episode in Season II, Episode IV. It seems it's still hosted on DailyMotion for the curious minded.

Lorac coins its perfectly. It's all about ratings and Halloween offers a good time to exploit it. BTW -  Zack Bagans now owns the box. Leave it to Zac, an accomplished paranormal actor to publicize the "Don't Pull This String" gag.

Thanks for sharing Klainey, I needed to revisit the haunted Jewish wine box or is that spelled "whine". Nothing more dangerous than a spirit drinking spirits. :there there:

Paranormal entertainment at it's finest.

Edited by EVP, 23 October 2018 - 04:00 AM.

#4 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,058 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 23 October 2018 - 07:23 AM

Of course nothing will actually happen. But I'm betting Zak pretends he feels ill, or gets possessed, like he seems to every other episode.

Few weeks back on Twitter I asked Adam Berry/Amy bruni why on some shows, everything is always demonic, and on shows like theirs (Kindred Spirits) they haven't run across or claimed anything was evil or demonic. Adam said it's because of different investigative approaches. Pretty sure he was playing nice, not wanting to publicly start any feuds by saying anything negative towards Zak or other para-celebrities.

IMO Zak plays that card because of -- ratings-- plus his teenage fans eat that garbage up
Posted Image

#5 MrsFrootloops

MrsFrootloops

Lead Moderator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,374 posts
  • Interests:Anything artistic, baking, cooking, waffles, comics, games, hamsters, and um, things lol.

Posted 23 October 2018 - 02:57 PM

Zak opened the dybbuk box when Post Malone visited him, and he's been having bad luck ever since.

https://www.jpost.co...e-Dybbuk-567924
Posted Image

#6 EVP

EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts
  • Interests:Digital Stills / Auditory Enigmas

Posted 23 October 2018 - 04:51 PM

View PostVlawde, on 23 October 2018 - 07:23 AM, said:

Of course nothing will actually happen. But I'm betting Zak pretends he feels ill, or gets possessed, like he seems to every other episode.

Few weeks back on Twitter I asked Adam Berry/Amy bruni why on some shows, everything is always demonic, and on shows like theirs (Kindred Spirits) they haven't run across or claimed anything was evil or demonic. Adam said it's because of different investigative approaches. Pretty sure he was playing nice, not wanting to publicly start any feuds by saying anything negative towards Zak or other para-celebrities.

IMO Zak plays that card because of -- ratings-- plus his teenage fans eat that garbage up

Many years ago we had a major network show film at two of our mainstay haunts. We regularly investigated an 18th century Palladian mansion and an abandoned 19th century schoolhouse over several years.The schoolhouse was going threw a restoration process by a local historical society. I can't be certain how many times we investigated but in was in the teens. Nonetheless, we never really had anything violent or unusual happen except an occasional EVP mostly from what sounded like young kids which made perfect sense considering the age bracket that attended when in use.

We were not allowed to participate or watch during the filming at the school. In fact, we were only permitted to park on the public street while the shoot was taking place. Our team decided to just stay clear of the location entirely because there would be little that would interest us from our vantage point.

Later on, when the segment was aired, there was a reported demonic presence felt. We never had such an encounter and that certainly was a topic of discussion during one of our team meetings. I had several people contact me via email asking about the authenticity of the account. I was honest by saying that we were not present during the episode so we couldn't make comment. I often wondered if those emails were plants to encourage some type of paradrama. All I can say is that watching the filming for three days and some of the questions I was asked, I can see why some key points need to be introduced into a segment to make them interesting enough for sponsorship. I'll leave it at that and let you fill in the blanks :)

Edited by EVP, 23 October 2018 - 04:52 PM.

#7 lorac61469

lorac61469

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 23 October 2018 - 08:04 PM

View PostMrsFrootloops, on 23 October 2018 - 02:57 PM, said:

Zak opened the dybbuk box when Post Malone visited him, and he's been having bad luck ever since.

https://www.jpost.co...e-Dybbuk-567924

Someone has already let the cat out of the bag...uh, I mean the demon out of the box?
So, how did it get back in the box?

This all seems like a big game to Zac.

#8 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 28 October 2018 - 12:45 AM

If only whatever was in the box had the power to shut him up hahaha
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#9 bartz

bartz

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 36 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 09:07 AM

i think that paranormal witness one was where the blokey woke to see what looked like an old hag lol i think I saw that about 2 years ago over the xmas holiday when paranormal witness came on alot. I liked the one 'harpy' I thought that was creepy. i had a film 'possession' that was based around the dybbuk box. I'm not sure what to think about it but it sounds risky a bit like with the ouija board yeah.

#10 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,801 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 04:45 AM

Oh well it looks as though the box didn't get opened and the reviews aren't positive :there there:
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#11 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • 12,058 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 07:19 AM

I saw most of the show last night. I kinda felt embarrassed for Josh Gates being involved in this, likely the Travel Channel having their hosts cross-promote shows. It was a pretty bad show, with dueling witches, Zak feeling ill in different ways in almost every room he visited, everyone acting overdramatic, and it seemed scripted and planned out in advance.
Posted Image

#12 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • 12,058 posts

Posted 04 November 2018 - 09:16 AM

During the show a rabbi was called in to seal the box if Zak opened it. At one point on live tV, the rabbi asked Zak if he should stick to the script! :D

He put out  a disclaimer video with the rabbi yesterday saying it wasn't scripted and the rabbi didn't mean script in the sense the show was pre scripted. Riiiigghhht
Posted Image