#1 Kathy

Kathy

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 109 posts
  • Interests:My Bird, Zombie Shows, Cooking and The Paranormal

Posted 24 February 2017 - 03:45 PM

Was wondering if anyone has ever tried Automatic Writing?   I've heard of it but don't know much about it.

#2 Tantric KittenGStudy

Tantric KittenGStudy

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,185 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 03:52 PM

I have dabbled in it and someone used to post about experiments (it would be in the archives probably).  Was it Captain Kundalini?  I know it was a man but I can't remember offhand who it was.

When you do automatic writing you are allowing an outside entity use (part of) your body.  It's opening your body to outside influences.  That's something everyone has to make their own decision on running the risk but I think it's important to know that's what's going on.
Posted Image

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. --Herm Albright

#3 Kathy

Kathy

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 109 posts
  • Interests:My Bird, Zombie Shows, Cooking and The Paranormal

Posted 24 February 2017 - 04:15 PM

View PostTantric KittenGStudy, on 24 February 2017 - 03:52 PM, said:

I have dabbled in it and someone used to post about experiments (it would be in the archives probably).  Was it Captain Kundalini?  I know it was a man but I can't remember offhand who it was.

When you do automatic writing you are allowing an outside entity use (part of) your body.  It's opening your body to outside influences.  That's something everyone has to make their own decision on running the risk but I think it's important to know that's what's going on.

Okay, now I understand and even if I requested to communicate with a certain spirit, it still doesn't mean that's who I would necessarily be communicating with.  I would have to be careful.  I think I'll pass on it!

#4 EVP

EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts
  • Interests:photography, anomalous audio recordings & enigmas.

Posted 24 February 2017 - 04:31 PM

Some see automatic writing as an equivalent to "Ouija Boards" and other forms of divination. Many people say to avoid this type of communication. It's always wise to research a new practice and weigh the risks. I personally do not see them as a viable form of exploration and will not use them.

Edited by EVP, 24 February 2017 - 04:33 PM.

Posted Image
"Denial ain't just a river in Egypt" - Mark Twain

#5 Vlawde

Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,706 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 24 February 2017 - 06:31 PM

I would imagine in most cases, it would be the person's subconscious doing the writing. If it were actually a spirit. I sure wouldn't invite it to take control of my body
Posted Image

#6 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,420 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 10:00 PM

Has anyone found themselves writing things when they  are relaxed, or in the zone, that they didn't intend to?

I've had a few experiences where I've been working or at home typing and instead of writing what my brain was telling me to write, it was completely different. I usually get up and walk around when that happens. Makes me feel a little vulnerable lol
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#7 PIT leader

PIT leader

Demon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts
  • Interests:ghost-hunting,videogames,metal music,horror films

Posted 27 February 2017 - 07:42 AM

It's distasteful and uncalled for comments like the one above that really make me think we need a UK moderator on here and yes, I'm volunteering ;)
We have such sights to show you!

IF YOU HAVE TIME, VIEW MY VIDEOS (NOT PARANORMAL) AT   https://www.youtube....cGDuiN3AKqdqNpQ

#8 Dazzled Dad

Dazzled Dad

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 261 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 07:47 AM

Yeah! We finally got a genuine troll on the forums!

#9 Vlawde

Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,706 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 27 February 2017 - 10:13 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image

#10 Dazzled Dad

Dazzled Dad

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 261 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 12:32 PM

Come on Vlawde...you can't just empty a can of Troll-Be-Gone on every stray troll that wanders into these forums.
They make such wonderful pets if trained right.

#11 Tantric KittenGStudy

Tantric KittenGStudy

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,185 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 12:48 PM

This one had several years to learn how to human.  Now it's just pathetic.
Posted Image

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. --Herm Albright

#12 EVP

EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts
  • Interests:photography, anomalous audio recordings & enigmas.

Posted 27 February 2017 - 01:34 PM

I must have missed somehing,,,what comments?
Posted Image
"Denial ain't just a river in Egypt" - Mark Twain

#13 Tantric KittenGStudy

Tantric KittenGStudy

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,185 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 02:29 PM

Oh just unoriginal rudeness calling me fat.  You've seen this particular troll before because he has no life and can't find anything better to do.
Posted Image

#14 Pooky

Pooky

Beware of Pooky

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 114 posts
  • Interests:I like to go human haunting and that's all you need to know.

Posted 27 February 2017 - 03:38 PM

Mmm... troll, good with butter.
Okay, it's true already, now leave me alone

#15 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,420 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 11:08 PM

Oh no, now it looks like I'm the troll! :cwy:
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#16 PIT leader

PIT leader

Demon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts
  • Interests:ghost-hunting,videogames,metal music,horror films

Posted 28 February 2017 - 07:47 AM

My comment was aimed at a troll who's had their comments removed since, just so everybody reading this knows.
We have such sights to show you!

IF YOU HAVE TIME, VIEW MY VIDEOS (NOT PARANORMAL) AT   https://www.youtube....cGDuiN3AKqdqNpQ

#17 Amethyst

Amethyst

Official Ghoststudy Psychic

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 01:43 PM

I have done automatic writing for probably 30 years with no bad results.  I just pray and surround myself with white light and ask for a particular spirit guide to work with me.

Amethyst
IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED THEN SKYDIVING IS NOT FOR YOU!

ADVICE, WHEN MOST NEEDED, IS LEAST HEEDED

Life is like a roll of toilet paper; the closer it gets to the end the quicker it goes!

"A heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others" said the Wizard of Oz to the Tin Man.

#18 Tyre

Tyre

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 24 posts
  • Interests:I love just about anything that's mysterious. It could be about demons, ghosts, unsolved crimes, etc.

Posted 04 March 2017 - 10:20 AM

View PostKathy, on 24 February 2017 - 03:45 PM, said:

Was wondering if anyone has ever tried Automatic Writing?   I've heard of it but don't know much about it.

I've tried it and couldn't get it to work. I'm not going to say it isn't real due to my lack of success. But it's very interesting.
Posted Image

#19 fordzilla

fordzilla

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 160 posts
  • Interests:As of this writing, I'm in year 27 and 7 months as a law enforcment officer. LOL. (Want to know how many weeks?)
    My wife and I call ourselves "paranormal tourists." That is, we make a pastime of travelling to famous haunts and investigating/staying/visiting. We take tons of photos (Search my name on this forum to see some of them, including at least two apparitions we captured) but we NEVER attempt contact or communication.

We have also exorcised a number of locations with the knowledge/request of the occupants of owners.

In the interest of perspective, I grew up in a "shi ite" Catholic home, went to Catholic school, was an altar boy, under the iron fist of a strict Italian Catholic mother who, contradictions of contradictions, was also a "medium" and very prolific "automatic writer," who held seances in our house with her group of spiritualists, and drug all manner of spiritual garbage into that house, which, was haunted as hell with some very hair-raising and terrifying experiences for my brother and my childhoods.
    I used to believe the same as most here, thinking of "ghosts" as the dead, (Basically spiritualist beliefs) could become trapped due to suicide or sudden, violent death, or not knowing they were dead, all of that business, and I became an agnostic at one point, began searching for the truth, and became a born-again Christian at age 24
    I now know that all "ghosts" are demons.
    Think of it this way: demon OPPRESSION is far more common that POSSESSION. Demons are masters of deception and impersonation, and their boss is said to be the "father of all lies," who can "even appear as an angel of light." (Part of the "protection prayer a lot of spiritualists say before a seance in many cases) They've been at the game of deceiving man for thousands of years, have perfected their craft, and any time they can shake our faith in God or his Word,(Or convince non-believers or agnostics that the Word is flawed or inaccurate) its a "win" for them.
    Therefore, a demon who oppressed an individual in life can perfectly mimic them after death, and would even know things only they or those close to them would know.

the scriptures tell us we live and die once, then face judgement. (Ecclesiastes 12:7, Psalm 146:4, Ecclesiastes Verse 6, Hebrews 9:27) Further, there is a great void between the living and the dead, and they can neither see nor contact us, nor vice versa. (Luke 16:26)
    Further, there is a great void between the living and the dead, and they can neither see nor contact us, nor vice versa. (Luke 16:26)
    All that said, I would never ridicule anyone for their beliefs, nor disrespect their right to their prerogatives. All have free will and a right to their opinions. We can always be friends.

"Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was; and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it." Ecclesiastes 12:7

"His breath goeth forth , he returneth to his earth; in that very day his thoughts perish." Psalm 146:4.

"Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more of a portion for ever in any thing that is done under the sun." Ecclesiastes Verse 6.

"it is appointed for men to die once and after this comes judgement" Hebrews 9:27

“And besides all this, between us and you there is a great chasm fixed, in order that those who wish to come over from here to you many not be able, and that none may cross over from there to us.” Luke 16:26

“The righteousness of the righteous man will be credited to him, and the wickedness of the wicked will be charged against him” (Ezekiel 18:20)

Posted 19 April 2017 - 12:19 AM

My mother did it extensively in the 70s and was quite prolific with it until she renounced that and any other contact with the paranormal.
"There are chords in the hearts of men which cannot be touched without emotion.  Even with the utterly lost, to whom both life and death are jest, there are some matters about which no jest can be made."- Edgar Allen Poe

#20 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 01:30 AM

I think those who can do it are interesting to watch. I have watched those twins, can't remember their names, but, they seem to get interesting results
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users