#1 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts
  • Interests:Digital Stills / Auditory Enigmas

Posted 08 June 2019 - 08:18 AM

Most paranormal investigations occur during the late evening hours and extend into the early morning. Most of us follow a routine of sleep to refresh our bodies from our daily activities. Over the years, our team began safeguarding ourselves by conducting investigations once a month on a Saturday only. This was meant to ensure the least amount of disruption with families and routines which leads me to a handful of questions.
Do you believe our emotional and physical state can affect anomalous activity during an investigation? If so, how and why?
  • What safeguards do you believe would ensure safer investigations?
  • Has anyone performed a baseline physical/emotional checklist before the start of investigation?
  • Has anyone seen a relationship to a physical/emotional checklist and anomalous activity?
  • Do baseline readings with equipment have a relationship to baseline readings of your own physical/emotional state?
  • Please feel free to contribute. You don't have to be part of a team. Some of the most effective investigations are with small groups in pairs or even numbers.

I'll contribute my findings at the end.

Thank you everyone in advance to those willing to add  comments. We all can learn.

Edited by EVP, 08 June 2019 - 01:06 PM.

Posted Image

#2 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

The Official GhostStudy Easter Bunny

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,162 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 08 June 2019 - 02:42 PM

View PostEVP, on 08 June 2019 - 08:18 AM, said:

Do you believe our emotional and physical state can affect anomalous activity during an investigation? If so, how and why?

1. What safeguards do you believe would ensure safer investigations?
Unless foreknowledge is for safety's sake, I think having only the lead investigator know the particulars of the haunting and having the rest of the team go in cold. That way, they won't be biased by having the previous knowledge of the extent of the areas paranormal activities.

2. Has anyone performed a baseline physical/emotional checklist before the start of an investigation?
N/A, I've only been on one graveyard investigation, and it was an amateur one.

3. Has anyone seen a relationship with a physical/emotional checklist and anomalous activity?
N/A, but I would think if you go in with perceived notions about any hauntings in general, it could affect the outcome of an investigation.

4. Do baseline readings with equipment have a relationship to baseline readings of your own physical/emotional state? N/A, I've never used any investigative equipment, so believe I'm unqualified to answer this question. Sorry.

5. Please feel free to contribute. You don't have to be part of a team. Some of the most effective investigations are with small groups in pairs or even numbers
:huh:  Are you asking for examples of investigations? Or was the "5." a typo? ;)

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

Posted Image

My Shop

#3 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 08 June 2019 - 02:55 PM

View PostMacCionoadha BeanSidhe, on 08 June 2019 - 02:42 PM, said:

1. What safeguards do you believe would ensure safer investigations?
Unless foreknowledge is for safety's sake, I think having only the lead investigator know the particulars of the haunting and having the rest of the team go in cold. That way, they won't be biased by having the previous knowledge of the extent of the areas paranormal activities.

2. Has anyone performed a baseline physical/emotional checklist before the start of an investigation?
N/A, I've only been on one graveyard investigation, and it was an amateur one.

3. Has anyone seen a relationship with a physical/emotional checklist and anomalous activity?
N/A, but I would think if you go in with perceived notions about any hauntings in general, it could affect the outcome of an investigation.

4. Do baseline readings with equipment have a relationship to baseline readings of your own physical/emotional state? N/A, I've never used any investigative equipment, so believe I'm unqualified to answer this question. Sorry.

5. Please feel free to contribute. You don't have to be part of a team. Some of the most effective investigations are with small groups in pairs or even numbers
:huh:  Are you asking for examples of investigations? Or was the "5." a typo? ;)

Your answers do not indicate anything that is amateur. You may have limited investigation experience but your words are wise MAC.

Your first answer about a team going in cold other than the lead investigator is very wise. If we brought in a medium, we'd have them meet us at a neutral destination and drive them in. That way we wouldn't have answers to questions that were possibly influenced. When there wasn't a medium and we had a dedicated historian, he would be the only one with any knowledge base. I've often wondered if the whole team was informed whether the evidence was shaped according to the collective knowledge of the team. Almost a projection of sorts.

#5 was a typo Mac. Sorry about that. It's the old guy sleeping at the wheel :) Thank you for your answers friend.

Edited by EVP, 08 June 2019 - 02:57 PM.

Posted Image

#4 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,162 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 08 June 2019 - 03:06 PM

:lol: You're not that old, and you're welcome.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

Posted Image

My Shop

#5 ParanormalEmpath

ParanormalEmpath

Orb

• GS Member
  • 29 posts
  • Interests:Spirit, Empathic abilities, Clairvoyance, Mediums & other paranormal topics

Posted 08 June 2019 - 10:01 PM

• What safeguards do you believe would ensure safer investigations?  Answer:  We never start to investigate before a safety walk thru first to identify any physical hazards or environmental hazards.  I only investigate with a team of 4 investigators (all family) and we have written safety rules which we try to follow.  Any one of us can "punch" us all out if they are having a bad feeling or experience or intuition.  We take "feelings" very seriously.
  • Has anyone performed a baseline physical/emotional checklist before the start of investigation? No checklist but two of my family members are psychologists.  This subject is covered by them ad nauseum in our pre investigation meeting and then following the investigation briefing about two weeks worth. LOL  
  • Has anyone seen a relationship to a physical/emotional checklist and anomalous activity?  We always try to make sure that everyone is rested, feeling well and in a good positive attitude prior to our investigation.  So nothing that we have noted in anomalous activity due to physical/emotional.
  • Do baseline readings with equipment have a relationship to baseline readings of your own physical/emotional state?   We generally start low tech.  All of my family (that participate) are Empaths so our baseline is "feeling" our way around, we use a variety of tools and experiments (EMF detector, scrying mirror/water, chalk board, motion detecting LED lighting, powder, motion LED toy balls, solfeggio frequencies, SLS camera, pendulums, divining rods, crystals, recorders, spirit box and other ITC equipment & software).  As far as a relationship between the equipment and our physical/emotional state, I would say probably in some cases.  We may be working backwards because we use our equipment to either verify or debunk feelings we are having about certain rooms or locations.  
  • Please feel free to contribute. You don't have to be part of a team. Some of the most effective investigations are with small groups in pairs or even numbers.

#6 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 13 June 2019 - 04:10 AM

View PostParanormalEmpath, on 08 June 2019 - 10:01 PM, said:

PE, sorry for the very late response. I really appreciate the time and effort you made with your posting.

I have admiration for teams consisting of family members. They have an edge when it comes to purpose and chemistry.

In Question #1 - We never start to investigate before a safety walk thru first to identify any physical hazards or environmental hazards.

This was a hard lesson we learned at a abandoned tire manufacturring ompany. In most cases, we make every effort to perform a preliminary days or weeks in advance.

We brought in a new team member with a reputation of many years experience in the field. He had major network coverage with the team he worked with and well known in North America. He proposed we investigated a location that had lost several lives imanufacturing tires. The building had remained unused for 40 years. It was a big mistake passing on that prelim and trusting his judgment. This location was covered with 6 inches of filth and the air was burdened to breathe. As we dropped cabling for the microphones & cams, the cable literally disappeared from view. The top floor had nothing  but broken windows where the gulls used for refuge under incremental weather. I need not tell you what the floor was covered with.

I have COPD and was forced to take several days off work to recover. Another team member developed a cough immediately after this investigation that took six weeks to kick. This was reinforcement that under no conditions are there any exceptions with preliminary investigation. We should have passed on this location. It was toxic and lazy to break our protocol.

Another habit we made prior to an investigation is to meet at an eatery to discuss and fill our stomachs. My audio equipment is sensitive enough to pick up a heartbeat in a room.  You can imagine the demonic growls audio equipment would capture with empty stomachs. Beside, yuo aren't mentally fresh if your body continue to remind you of a meal missed before an investigation.

In Question #2, 3,4 - Our team has never found a direct relationship with physical/emotional states but I have read several accounts where one team member was affected *almost with possession type symptoms*  from emotional or physical distress in their private lives. Something took over their behavior. There's a common belief that negative can attract negativity and those that are become susceptible. As the team leader of the group, I have on one occasion sent a member home. It's my responsibility to keep everyone safe so nothing esculates.

There was one other time I accompanied another investigator to a outdoor location during the day. I usually start with a speech of intention and then meter with my Tri-Field Natural in magnetic/DC settings. That meter is meant to be used strictly in a stationary position. It will zero out if left stationary and then monitors for changes. Without any warning, the Tri-Field started maxing out only reducing in strength for a second and pegging the needle again. I moved the meter and place it in several locations with the same results. I turned it on and off. The meter continued exhibiting radical behavior.

I glanced over at the  other investigator and saw she had become pale and disorientated. I realized I was light headed and felt all the energy being siphoned out of my body. I told her, we have to go. There's something here that is draining us fast and it's unhealthy. We went back to her place and in mid-day slept solid for 16 hours. We woke up in complete confusion as to day or time. It was wise for us to leave. In fact we should have left much sooner.

Rumor has it, that location has a gatekeeper that sometimes takes offense to those nosing around. I don't believe in rumors or fairy tales but I don't ignore them either. With enough accounts there might be truth buried in the accounts.

Once again Paranormal Empath, thank you for your concerted effort in this thread. Cheers.

Edited by EVP, 13 June 2019 - 12:18 PM.

Posted Image

#7 ParanormalEmpath

ParanormalEmpath

Orb

• GS Member
  • 29 posts
  • Interests:Spirit, Empathic abilities, Clairvoyance, Mediums & other paranormal topics

Posted 13 June 2019 - 04:18 PM

EVP in these old buildings you can never be too safe.  With broken windows/unsecured doors, rotted wood, asbestos materials, disintegrating lead paint and crumbling structures can produce all kinds of different molds, mildew, toxins and potential physical hazards.  Bat/rat/mouse/racoon/bird droppings can also be toxic and quite dangerous to inhale or ingest.  Of course, personally, I am more worried about living, breathing vacant building squatters than I am the unbodied.  You must plan for safety and have a safety plan that everyone is on board with.  I am with you on the well fed part too.  One of our investigations, my Niece was having an active stomach.  We recorded 5 or 6 EVP's with strange growling sounds only to have her say on the recording... "that's my stomach".  Not very paranormal but some of our favorite recordings.    Best regards!