Greetings From Missouri!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Spider

Spider

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:Ghost Hunting, Traditional Wet Shaving, Tarantulas, Snakes, Halloween/Horror, Gardening, Hot Peppers, Making Hot Sauce, and Rocking the Mohawk!

Posted 19 March 2021 - 09:58 AM

Hello Everyone!  I'm so glad I found this forum.

My name is KJ and

I am an electrical engineer residing in Warrensburg, Missouri.  I retired from the Air Force about 6 years ago. I love all things creepy and macabre.  I keep tarantulas and snakes, and I collect creepy dolls and clowns.  My biggest hobby before I got into paranormal investigations was traditional wet shaving.  I collect and use razors and vintage shaving stuff that some is over 100 years old.  

My girlfriend Amber and I got into this hobby almost by accident.  Last fall, we booked a ghost hunt and sleepover at the Haunted 1889 McInteer Villa in Atchison, KS after I returned from a 1 month work trip.   I knew she had always wanted to do a ghost hunt, and I was curious as well.  We got along really well with our host and talked about doing more of that type of thing.  A few weeks later, our host messaged me and said she had a sold out tour and wondered if we wanted to help and lead on of the groups..... Uhhh…. I'd only been on one tour, and she wanted me to be in charge of 10 people?  In a new location?  I was anxious to do another investigation, so I went for it.  She gave me a crash course leading up to the investigation and it ended up going very smoothly and I had a great time.  After that I was hooked.  The next day, we did it again, and Amber joined me to assist as well.  Since then, we have devoted much of our free time to research into techniques and also places nearby to investigate.

We have been doing many investigations and leading group tours in the Kansas City area every since.  We've tried to do at least one major investigation each month.  We got thrown into all this real quick, but are loving every minute of it.  We have named our team Kilher Spider Paranormal (which is a combination of both of our nicknames).  We have met many great mentors in the area who have taught us a lot.  But I'm so happy to have found you all here to learn even more from.  I am a forum guy at heart, and love forums so much more than the FB groups and such.

I have been Wiccan for the past 25 years, and like to think that I have some sort of connection across the veil, but I know it's not to the level that I want it to be.  I have a goal of studying to become a medium.  I know I've got a lot of work ahead of me to develop those skills, but I hope that will help me with investigations in the future.

Amber and I are both kinda gadget and tech geeks, so we are very interested in investigation equipment, and learning how to build some of it on our own.  We've got some unique ideas on investigation tools/techniques and have had some great successes with evidence so far.  Can't wait to get more and better evidence in the future.

Thank you all for having me, and I look forward to learning more!
www.facebook.com/KilherSpiderParanormal

#2 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • 6,429 posts

Posted 21 March 2021 - 05:47 AM

Hello and welcome to the forum :D

Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#3 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • 12,572 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 21 March 2021 - 07:42 AM

Heya, glad to have you! Be looking forward to hearing about your investigations. I've investigated for years, but it's been a while since I last did, folks in the group moved on/lost interest.
Posted Image

#4 kevinscan

kevinscan

Incubus

• GS Member
  • 835 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting
    Family
    photography
    Computers
    Art
    Friends
    Horror & Sci-fi
    A good mystery
    Star Wars
    Hiking

Posted 21 March 2021 - 01:16 PM

Welcome
Posted Image

"Normal is an illusion.
What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly"

Charles Addams

#5 PIT leader

PIT leader

Succubus

• GS Member
  • 793 posts
  • Interests:ghost-hunting,videogames,metal and house music,horror films,comics

Posted 21 March 2021 - 03:04 PM

Welcome to the forums, I'm eager to hear about your Medium training.
We have such sights to show you!

IF YOU HAVE TIME, VIEW MY VIDEOS (NOT PARANORMAL) AT   https://www.youtube....cGDuiN3AKqdqNpQ

#6 MichelleGStudy

MichelleGStudy

• Moderators
  • 2,767 posts
  • Interests:I am in private practice with a primary focus on treatment & management of eye disease. I enjoy astronomy, paranormal Investigating, visiting cemeteries, geocaching, gold panning, metal detecting & things of that nature.

Posted 21 March 2021 - 08:05 PM

Welcome! You have certainly come to the right place. We have such awesome members with knowledge in so many different areas......then to put it all together.... all I can say is I am so proud to be a part of GS.  We look forward to hearing of your encounters!
Michelle
Posted Image

#7 Spider

Spider

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:Ghost Hunting, Traditional Wet Shaving, Tarantulas, Snakes, Halloween/Horror, Gardening, Hot Peppers, Making Hot Sauce, and Rocking the Mohawk!

Posted 22 March 2021 - 04:35 AM

Thanks for the welcome everyone!
www.facebook.com/KilherSpiderParanormal

#8 Gothickangel

Gothickangel

Gothickangel.ca

• GS Member
  • 114 posts
  • Interests:Blogging, Shamanisn, The Occult (studying only), Spirit Guides, Astral Projection, Website & Digital Media, Drawing, Camping and Gardening.

Posted 23 March 2021 - 10:32 AM

Hello from Canada. \(^.^)/ :good:

Posted Image

Light and Shadow. A place where the line is blurred between both worlds.

Nothing is as it seems. Shadow doesn't always mean evil and light doesn't always mean divine.