4 replies to this topic

#1 JenMc86

JenMc86

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 August 2021 - 01:26 PM

Hi guys it's been a long time!

I haven't been in for a very long time, sadly, because I am a massive spongehead and get distracted by shiny things easily.

Names Jen, I've been in and out since 2004. I got a push to come say hi and let everyone know that while few may remember her, Gothgal2004 (Jill McAllister, 02/01/1957-08/13/2007) remembers you. Jill's death anniversary just passed on Friday and things have been VERY active in the apartment. I was looking at her obituary and found the comments, where several people here had left us messages, and I wanted to come say hi.

Almost 16 years later, I'm still with my best friend in the whole universe, who is finally living his truth fully. Our tornado of a child is six and starting kindergarten on Monday. I'm still making victorian inspired clothing, and the big plan I'm shopping for right now is a 1870's inspired mourning ensemble. We all like to watch the spook shows on the Discovery Channel and laugh at them most of the time, but Little Man likes to watch and pick out the things he spots. If it helps him learn to identify what he's seeing, then darn it, the cheesy acting is worth it!

#2 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • 6,429 posts

Posted 18 August 2021 - 02:57 AM

Thank you for the update and glad you were pushed to say "Hi"

:hi:

I still like the Victorian period clothes, if you have time post your ensemble when you finish I would love to see it :yes:

Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#3 Gothickangel

Gothickangel

Gothickangel.ca

• GS Member
  • 114 posts
  • Interests:Blogging, Shamanisn, The Occult (studying only), Spirit Guides, Astral Projection, Website & Digital Media, Drawing, Camping and Gardening.

Posted 18 August 2021 - 05:10 AM

I could of met her. I was on the forums back then. Thanks for saying hi and how your life is going.
0.o that's my goth style Victorian. I have so much velvet and lace and corsets. I use it for fancy events now, hubby prefers the modern with a tad cyber goth look on me. Last year I added a long trench coat that looks like a cloak. Wore it for Covid Halloween along side my Halloween print covid mask.
Please post pictures of it \(^.^)/

Posted Image

Light and Shadow. A place where the line is blurred between both worlds.

Nothing is as it seems. Shadow doesn't always mean evil and light doesn't always mean divine.

#4 JenMc86

JenMc86

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 August 2021 - 03:30 AM

View PostGothickangel, on 18 August 2021 - 05:10 AM, said:

I could of met her. I was on the forums back then. Thanks for saying hi and how your life is going.
0.o that's my goth style Victorian. I have so much velvet and lace and corsets. I use it for fancy events now, hubby prefers the modern with a tad cyber goth look on me. Last year I added a long trench coat that looks like a cloak. Wore it for Covid Halloween along side my Halloween print covid mask.
Please post pictures of it \(^.^)/

I'm very much the hoop skirts and bustles and corsets and lace person. Every project I make includes some kind of ruffle, I swear, and then I sit there and pin, and poke myself and curse over it, but I still do it again and again, lol! I'm working my way up to bigger, more intricate projects, but over the past few months I've finished several petticoats, bloomers, chemise shirts, a steel boned bustle, numerous skirts, and a dress my husband calls my "Dorothy dress", which is a top and skirt combo in blue gingham for my hoop. I'm much more into color these days than I used to be! I do want to draw back to my goth side, because what I'm doing is essesntially building the wardrobe I always wanted when I was younger but didn't have the means to own, and that was a big part of my life. I know my husband will be happy when I get to the black stuff, because it means the black lipstick, eye liner and lace gloves come back out :lol: (Cue Seth's creepy chuckle) This man is a sucker for a fluffy goth chick!

#5 Gothickangel

Gothickangel

Gothickangel.ca

• GS Member
  • 114 posts
  • Interests:Blogging, Shamanisn, The Occult (studying only), Spirit Guides, Astral Projection, Website & Digital Media, Drawing, Camping and Gardening.

Posted 19 August 2021 - 04:18 PM

Yep I make my hubby go all weak in the legs with mine too. His eyes light up. Yeah when I started being goth in the 90s I was a teenager so had no income to buy just wore what I could find. Goodwill I've found alot of stuff to mash together and once Hot Topic opened up in Canada, hubby was like lets get a few things.

Posted Image

Light and Shadow. A place where the line is blurred between both worlds.

Nothing is as it seems. Shadow doesn't always mean evil and light doesn't always mean divine.