Civil War battlefields haunted locations paranormmal events

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 Death Omen

Death Omen

Orb

• GS Member
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:Oh, about anything related to the "paranormal" since having retired from doing psychotherapy.

Posted 15 August 2014 - 08:14 PM

Over the past 60 yrs, I have been involved in taking part in various Civil War battles as what are referred to as reenactors. We "act" as soldiers from various states, both Union  and Confederate, dress in period clothing, ranging fro simple to elaborate. Depending on how much money one  is willing to invest to fully "play the part". Almost every Civil War battlefield is involved. Some are famous, others are simply "footnotes" in discussing the "war".I started when I was 7, along with m parents, g. father and g, mother, from both sides of my parent families. I have found out that I  had 14 men, "cousins" if you will, that joined from North Carolina to serve. Most joined simply to get off the farms and from letters sent home thought it was a "grand adventure"and would not last more than a year, at best, or so they thought. Some surrendered in April, 1865, along with the Army of Northern Virginia, commanded by General Lee. Others fought at a small North Carolina town called Bentonville against a Union army commanded by General Sherman, later in 865. All 14 made it back, worn out and road weary but all didn't loose arms or legs after 4years of fighting. I have visited the battlefields, time an again, and have witnessed "events", "spoke with "persons" from 1863 who simply could not have existed now. Antietam battlefield has a  spot called"Bloody Lane" that is quite uncomfortable to me, physically a "mentally. Fredericksburg has its own"haunted sites" on the battlefield as well as in town. The same can be said of Gettysburg."Ghosts" are simply out, about everywhere, town included. Bentonville as well as Fort Fisher, have their own "fair share" of  "unexplained happenings". Put simply, ALL are"haunted" to one degree or another. Having witnessed events, had personal contact with "whatever"," ghosts", if you will, that I cannot explain, in anyway, that makes sense to anyone unless they have experienced something like I had on numerous occasions. Visit these locations, no promises you will experience what I have had but then again you might. Good luck.

Attached Files

Edited by Death Omen, 15 August 2014 - 08:22 PM.

"If you can tell me what is wrong with you then I can help you understand just how wrong you are."

"No you're right. Let's do it the DUBEST WAY POSSIBLE because I I easier or you and everyone else to understand".

"Don't bother trying to figure me out. Not even they little voice in m head understand me".

"I'M RETRED. This is as dressed up as I'm going to get".

"Sorry if I look interested....I'm not".

"People who think they know it all have no clue as to how little they really know."

#2 H4yW00d

H4yW00d

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Interests:I like spending time with family and friends, the ocean, anything outdoors, roller coasters, holidays (especially Halloween), and anything paranormal

Posted 15 August 2014 - 10:01 PM

Very cool,  You are really lucky to actually stand on the hollowed ground where many brave men fought and died.  I hope to get to see some of the history there myself some day.  I would love to see some of your pictures Dressed in your period clothing.

Posted Image

#3 Death Omen

Death Omen

Orb

• GS Member
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:Oh, about anything related to the "paranormal" since having retired from doing psychotherapy.

Posted 16 August 2014 - 08:02 PM

Oh, now you are making me blush.
"If you can tell me what is wrong with you then I can help you understand just how wrong you are."

"No you're right. Let's do it the DUBEST WAY POSSIBLE because I I easier or you and everyone else to understand".

"Don't bother trying to figure me out. Not even they little voice in m head understand me".

"People who think they know it all have no clue as to how little they really know."

#4 Shawn4233

Shawn4233

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal Investigations, Horror Movies, Music, Traveling, Meeting New People, Sports, Friends, Chatting, Video Games, Concerts, Food, TV, New Experiences, Having A Good Time, Laughing, Making Others Laugh, Helping Others.

Posted 20 August 2014 - 06:17 PM

I love visiting civil war battlefields. I go to Gettysburg probably once a month and just recently been to Antietam. Its amazing to me the difference in the two areas. Every time I go to Gettysburg I always hear a new paranormal story. I can't say I have heard to much about Antietam but would love to hear the stories if anyone was to have any.
Your Leading Gettysburg Paranormal Authority
Twitter: @WinFBLeague

#5 kevinscan

kevinscan

Demon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting
    Family
    photography
    Computers
    Art
    friends
    horror & sci-fi
    a good mystery
    Star Wars

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:23 PM

I think it would be cool to explore Civil War Battlefields.
Posted Image

The most sophisticated computer ever  devised by mankind is now called Stonehenge.

#6 Death Omen

Death Omen

Orb

• GS Member
  • 36 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 08:50 PM

As to visiting Civil War battlefields, strongly encourage it, darn near been going to them for about 60 yrs, and I seldom go any place more than once, well when younger that choice was not an option, but I suggest you decide on a particular battlefield and  read  up on it, so you may appreciate more what you will be seeing. BTW , try going in the Spring or Fall as the weather is cooler an the "tourist" have lessen in number. Good luck.

#7 H4yW00d

H4yW00d

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Interests:I like spending time with family and friends, the ocean, anything outdoors, roller coasters, holidays (especially Halloween), and anything paranormal

Posted 25 August 2014 - 07:54 AM

Closest thing I've gotten to see to a battlefield is where we had the playground riots of 79.  If you dig deep enough in the bark and sand you can still find torn remnants of pocket protectors and lunchbox shrapnel. :crazy:

Posted Image

#8 MichelleGStudy

MichelleGStudy

Don't Mess With Me

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,295 posts
  • Interests:I am in private practice with a primary focus on treatment & management of eye disease. I enjoy astronomy, paranormal Investigating, visiting cemeteries, geocaching, gold panning, metal detecting & things of that nature.

Posted 29 August 2014 - 03:00 PM

View PostH4yW00d, on 25 August 2014 - 07:54 AM, said:

Closest thing I've gotten to see to a battlefield is where we had the playground riots of 79.  If you dig deep enough in the bark and sand you can still find torn remnants of pocket protectors and lunchbox shrapnel. :crazy:
You make me laugh out loud!

#9 Death Omen

Death Omen

Orb

• GS Member
  • 36 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 06:53 PM

As for "battlefields", I don't count my 4yrs. in a small Southeastern Asian country I spent and I darn sure have no desire to go back an revisit that "cured country"!!

#10 Judecat

Judecat

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 08:32 AM

View PostDeath Omen, on 16 October 2014 - 06:53 PM, said:

As for "battlefields", I don't count my 4yrs. in a small Southeastern Asian country I spent and I darn sure have no desire to go back an revisit that "cured country"!!

Yeah,  and on that particular "battlefield" I knew mzny of the possible ghosts before they ever became ghosts.  Heck I was with them when they became ghosts.

#11 Death Omen

Death Omen

Orb

• GS Member
  • 36 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 04:37 PM

The above comment I can appreciate and certainly have been there when various men I knew went to meet their "Maker" not a few seconds after I had looked at them...now that will make one think "glad it wasn't me over there". Feel guilty about that? Not on your life.

#12 Death Omen

Death Omen

Orb

• GS Member
  • 36 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 10:44 AM

Nice to see that somebody reads what I post. I have my doubts at times.

#13 Judecat

Judecat

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 08:38 AM

I don't hang around here as often as I should,  but when I do I read a lot.  

On the subject of civil war battlefields,  I've been to gettysburg more times than I can count,  and have had experiences since I was a teen,  but it's never scared me enough to make me stay away.   Cold Harbor is the only civil war battlefield that has even made me not ever want to go back -- and it's not exactly fear of the ghosts,  I think it's the feeling of pain and fear that has permiated the place.

#14 Captain Kundalini

Captain Kundalini

Haunted Hollywood Guru

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,540 posts
  • Interests:Knowledge Seeker, Astronomy, Music, bLogging, Meditation, The Outdoors, The Beatles, Reading, Writing, Celebrity Grave Hunting, Storm Chasing, The Paranormal (Ghosts & UFO's), Computers, Romance, Travel, Literature & Photography.

Posted 07 February 2015 - 08:49 PM

I'm off to Gettysburg this Summer.
Posted Image

#15 Shawn4233

Shawn4233

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal Investigations, Horror Movies, Music, Traveling, Meeting New People, Sports, Friends, Chatting, Video Games, Concerts, Food, TV, New Experiences, Having A Good Time, Laughing, Making Others Laugh, Helping Others.

Posted 04 March 2015 - 07:25 PM

View PostCaptain Kundalini, on 07 February 2015 - 08:49 PM, said:

I'm off to Gettysburg this Summer.

Hope ya have a great time. Living 40 minutes from there I'm hoping to get there at least 3 or 4 times. One of my favorite places to go and visit.

#16 Death Omen

Death Omen

Orb

• GS Member
  • 36 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 03:57 PM

Wish all who plans to visit any Civil War battlefield this year, fair weather, a safe drive to and from their home, and good weather at each site. Take care and I suggest that some reading is done prior to visiting any one site. I have found it makes the visit more enjoyable.

#17 Shawn4233

Shawn4233

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 07:36 AM

Went back to Gettysburg two weekends ago. This time mostly as more of just a getaway. I couldn't go without investigating one night. I ended up at The Grove. This is a place I have investigated many times. Every time I go there I always would get some kind of feeling almost as if there is an electricity in the air. I can honestly say on the night I went this time it just seemed to be so calm. I got nothing on the K2 nor on the recorder I was carrying. Just complete calm. It was almost peaceful and I don't regret it one bit. It was a nice change. Someone once told me one of the most peaceful places at times can be on an old battlefield.

The reason I share this story even though I didn't find anything is though they say how active Gettysburg can be. It can also be a place of complete calm and a good time to reflect as you try to imagine what all went down in that area 152 years ago.

#18 MichelleGStudy

MichelleGStudy

Don't Mess With Me

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,295 posts
  • Interests:I am in private practice with a primary focus on treatment & management of eye disease. I enjoy astronomy, paranormal Investigating, visiting cemeteries, geocaching, gold panning, metal detecting & things of that nature.

Posted 28 July 2015 - 03:37 PM

Shawn - I know you had a great time! As you are well aware this is certainly on my list of things to do before the end of 2015!!! I am glad you got to experience calm in such a place. WOW! I am even more excited now:)

#19 Death Omen

Death Omen

Orb

• GS Member
  • 36 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 12:38 PM

Am very familiar with the cemetery in Beaufort, as I have a second home at Atlantic Beach. Quaint little cemetery, sorta tucked away, and I find few visitors to the ocean front area seem to take time to visit that historic location and read some of the comments on the headstones.

#20 Shawn4233

Shawn4233

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 05:23 PM

Looks like I had a small change of plans for my 4th of July and I will be heading out to Gettysburg. Hopefully I can bring back something cool for you all to check out. The reenactment will once again fall on the same days as the actual battle. Perhaps there will be plenty of trigger objects around. Not sure what areas I will be investigating yet. I plan on making my list tonight.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users