5 replies to this topic

#1 Muriel

Muriel

Apport

• GS Member
  • 62 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 08:43 PM

Good Evening,

The story I am about to relate is my very first brush with things paranormal.  

It happened when I was sixteen years old. Up to that time, I had never given things paranormal a second thought.  I was not interested in ghosties and such, nor had I any reason to be, other than perhaps sitting around a campfire with a bunch of friends and scaring the bejee*e out of each other with rather silly ghost stories.  

I visited the house in which I was born and where I spent the first four years of my life, but which was now occupied by an elderly relative who lived alone, and basically in only two rooms.  (It was heated with a wood stove, so the fewer rooms he used, the fewer rooms he had to heat.)  I was curious to explore this house, remembering the time when I lived there, and checking out the artifacts that were still there, much as I remembered them.  

The living room door was closed and likely had been for a very long time.  It was likely I was the first person in that room in years, since the gentleman who resided there had absolutely no reason to enter that room.  But my curiosity demanded that I check it out, so I opened the door and stood there, scanning the inside.  I was immediately struck by a musty smell, old wood and furniture that hadn't been disturbed in ages. and by a distinct chill.  Everything was covered by a layer of dust. and I had a sense that I was intruding to the extent that I was somewhat hesitant to enter.  This puzzled me, so I informed myself that I had every right to be there, and stepped into the room.  Immediately, I was hit by an energy that was absolutely negative and evil, totally unlike anything I had ever experienced in my life.  I stepped about 5' into the room and stopped dead in my tracks.  It was as though I had encountered an invisible wall that I MUST NOT, under any circumstances, cross.  I was terrified, largely because I had not a clue what was happening, and that I had no reference points whatsoever to help me make sense of it.  I remembered that room as being bright and cheerful and that I was perfectly happy playing there, but always with adult supervision because I tended to touch things I shouldn't and I tended to break things.  It was still bright, but cheerful, it wasn't.  

I told myself again this is nonsense, to get a grip and get on with exploring.  I immediately envisioned something dreadfully malevolent in a corner watching me and creeping ever closer.  I likened it to there being a big, nasty dog crouched in the corner, teeth bared, growls emanating from deep in its throat.  It never took its eyes off me, and I knew at any moment it would be on top of me, tearing me to bits.  The entity came ever closer, and I could feel it breathing on my neck.  I didn't turn around because I didn't want to actually see what was there. As long I didn't see it, I didn't have to deal with the fact that something horrid really was there.

I turned and bolted!  

Outside that room, everything was calm and blissfully normal.  Within a few minutes, I had decided that this was nonsense, and what the heck had come over me anyway!  I was hell bent on getting back in there,  so I strode in as though I owned the place. Again, whatever was in that room made it clear I was an intruder and that I was in its space.  Again, I envisioned that dreadful dog in the corner, and again, whatever was there crept ever closer to me until I KNEW it was right behind me.

Again, I turned and bolted.

Rinse and repeat.    

Over the next few years, I visited that house several more times, and never, ever got more than 5' into that room, even though I kept telling myself this is all nonsense.

Then, five years or so later, I was married.  My husband and I visited that little town on our honeymoon, and again I ventured into that room.  It was utterly clean! Whatever had been there was totally and utterly gone!  I walked all the way into the room, a feat I had never done before, and was perfectly comfortable.  

I have never made sense of this.  Years later I mentioned it to a gifted psychic who told me that this entity was certainly real, and not a figment of my fertile teenage imagination; that it was a driveby entity who had drowned and had chosen that space because it was totally unused and never, ever occupied until I came along.  It resented my being there because I was intruding in a space it had claimed as its own.  As for the dog,  I think that was just the way my brain interpreted this very threatening presence.

So there you have it!  I tend to rattle on,  so I shall stop now.  

Muriel!

Edited by Muriel, 10 March 2017 - 09:24 PM.

#2 MrsFrootloops

MrsFrootloops

Incubus

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Interests:Anything artistic, baking, cooking, waffles, comics, games, hamsters, and um, things lol.

Posted 11 March 2017 - 07:22 AM

Creepy. I totally know that feeling though. I live in a two bedroom apartment, and the only room I do not feel comfortable in is the other bedroom. We use it for storage/ where the dog sleeps at night, his doggy crate sits by the door. But I can't go in there for more than a few minutes because I don't feel alone... even when I am alone and my dog is off rampaging around the house.

I am glad nothing bad happened to you while you were in there. And rattle on!!! I do it all the time. lol.
Do whatever makes you happy, whatever fruits your loops.

#3 Muriel

Muriel

Apport

• GS Member
  • 62 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 09:16 AM

Ms. Fruitloops, Good Morning!

Thank-you for the reply.  And yeah, I shall indeed continue to rattle on..  it is what I do!  Stick a keyboard in front of me and I really don't know when to stop!  

Just an aside:  The gentleman who lived in that house (and died there several years later when an arsonist burned it to the ground) was a very gentle but extremely religious soul for whom just about everything was a sin.  Being sixteen and with so much else happening in my life, I had little time for and did not share his religious views.  

He was blissfully unaware that he was sharing the house with something nasty, and I have to wonder whether his extreme and almost childlike religious views may have in some way protected him from whatever was in that room.  I wonder too that if he had had occasion to open that door, whether or not he would have been aware that something unusual was indeed lurking there.  I am sure what/whomever was there would have viewed him as more of a challenge than I was.  He was protected by his religious convictions, while I was a flighty teenager more interested in flighty teenager activities than in things profound.  

Just wonderin'...

As for your wonky room, is the dog comfortable there and does s/he sense anything out of the ordinary?  Have you mentioned this to previous occupants of the apartment, or to your neighbours?   It is entirely possible that a previous tenant may have been involved in unwholesome activities in that space and that the energy lingers.  There is a story here and I wonder what it is.

And now my coffee calls..  

Muriel!

Edited by Muriel, 11 March 2017 - 09:18 AM.

#4 MrsFrootloops

MrsFrootloops

Incubus

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Interests:Anything artistic, baking, cooking, waffles, comics, games, hamsters, and um, things lol.

Posted 11 March 2017 - 12:54 PM

Maybe the spirit had a roommate view on the whole living situation. It would be like if you were living with someone else, and their friend was visiting, and said friend decided that they were going to go into your bedroom and eyeball your stuff. Orrrrr maybe it just didn't like teenagers lol.

He has no problem in there, we tell him it's time for bed and he'll go in on his own. And we don't hear a peep from him all night. It might just be a me thing, I can be weird about things, like some days my hands weird me out... so yeah... lol.  My husbands lived here for 13 years, and I've been here for 11. All of the original neighbors have moved on.

I wouldn't put it past the guys that use to share the wall with us to have been up to some shady stuff. They were very frat-boy in nature. Very annoying and immature.

#5 Muriel

Muriel

Apport

• GS Member
  • 62 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 06:21 PM

Good Afternoon, MrsFruitloops!  

Thank-you for your reply!  

Just got home from shopping with my teenage granddaughter and had to bribe my 10-year-old grandson away from my computer with 4 slices of bacon.  He would walk a mile for a slice of bacon, and it bought me ten minutes computer time on my own computer.  

Your take on the roommate situation is genius, one that never crossed my mind in all these 55 years or so since the experience.  (The aforementioned husband and I will celebrate our 52nd anniversary this summer!!)  It is entirely possible that he viewed the gentleman as a sort of roommate who didn't interfere and stayed well out of the way.

And since it is entirely possible that previous tenants may have been meddling with things best left alone, that may be the source of the disturbances.  Perhaps the dog does not sense anything out of the ordinary, or perhaps s/he does and views it as perfectly okay.  

Anyway, my ten minutes are just about up and the little Bacon Nut is breathing down my neck.  

Muriel!

#6 MrsFrootloops

MrsFrootloops

Incubus

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 07:10 AM

Oh no! Not the grandchildren! :anim_63:

Who knows what people do around here in general. It could be aliens for all I know lol, our little neighborhood is across the street from a cornfield.. and the land itself was a cornfield up till 1985.

My dog is a sweetheart, he loves everyone and everything. The only time I ever heard him have a problem is when I had to put him in the crate so the landlord could come in and fix our furnace. He'd never met him before, so he went nuts when he heard us talking, he thought the landlord was there to hurt me. So I brought him out on his leash to meet the landlord, and he's been fine ever since. But that's good that his knows that people I don't introduce him to are not allowed in here.

You need to make more bacon lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users