• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#1 Porcelain

Porcelain

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 176 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal interests include: Legends, poltergeists, spirits, spirit photography, urban myth, creatures, evps, horror/thriller movies.<br /><br />Other interests: Poetry, writing, painting, drawing, music, sleeping, alcohol, gaming, shopping, clubbing.

Posted 09 January 2005 - 10:26 PM

I love urban legends. For those who aren't too sure what one is, it's a story or a rumour passed down from generation to generation, and is generally to be taken with a pinch of salt. These include legends such as Bloody Mary, the guy with a hook for a hand, the escaped mental patient with a head on a stick, etc etc.

I'd love to hear your favourite story, or your version of a favourite story, or a more obscure urban legend that you grew up with. Do share!

I'll share one my sister told me (once she locked me in a cupboard and told me every ghost story she knew, lol):

There was a party in a small town that all the adults were invited to, in the town hall. This girl was left alone in her house by her parents, who weren't too worried because it was a small town and everyone knew everyone else, and they figured the girl was old enough to be left alone. Anyway, she's listening to the radio, washing the dishes and singing along, when a broadcast comes over the radio.

'A warning to all citizens of smallcountrytownville, the asylum a few towns over has had a breakout. Among the escapees was a man who was being held for the axe murder of several innocents. He should be considered very dangerous. Lock all doors and windows and stay inside.'

She rushed to comply, and only felt safe when everything was locked. She figured that he was two towns away and all was well, so she just tootled off to bed. However, she had trouble sleeping (as one does when an axe murderer is running around) so she let her hand drop out of the covers, to the floor, where her trusty dog licked it comfortingly. Used to the sensation, she fell asleep.

She was awoken a few hours later by a steady 'drip... drip... drip...' so she got up sleepily to turn the faucet off in the bathroom. Strange, she thought when she got there, the faucet was off. She turned around, and there hanging from the shower was her beloved dog, drip drip dripping blood into the drain.

She screamed and ran to her bedroom, to get the phone and call her parents. The line, of course, was dead, and from behind her bedroom door stepped a man, holding an axe glittering with blood, grinning madly. As her bedroom door swung closed and he raised the axe above his head, he laughed, and whispered:

'Murderers lick hands, too.'

#2 spookymatchbox

spookymatchbox

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 10:45 PM

eek, that one has always scared the crud outta me! i'll have to decide on a good one and post it on here for ya wink.gif
user posted image

Official Rejects site : The Devil's Rejects

R.I.P. Matthew McGrory

#3 AbsoluteAngel

AbsoluteAngel

Simply Angelic

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts
  • Interests:Techno, metal, video gaming, paranormal research, and all sorts of outdoors stuff

Posted 10 January 2005 - 06:48 AM

My fave story is the couple parked on lovers lane. They're beginning to err... get busy, and they've ignored the radio warning of an escaped mental patient (with hooked hand) on the loose. Girlie hears noises... a terrible screeching along the side of the car. So she sends boytoy to investigate. Of course he goes, cause he knows he's not getting lucky if he doesn't. Girlie hides in floorboard of car when she hears a soft "thump-drag" noise on the roof of the car. She stays hidden until she notices the flashing lights of a patrol car. A policeman, directs her out of the car.. and tells her *not* to look behind her.

What does the silly priss do? She LOOKS.. and there is her beloved disemboweled boytoy, hanging from a branch.. the scuffed sole of his feet dragging over the roof of the car.. swaying in a gentle breeze.

Believe it or not.. the Hook story is actually an exaggerated version of a factual murder that happened in Texarkana, TX back in the 50s. That tale wasn't so extreme though.

My OTHER fave.. and the one that gives me the mother of all panic attacks, is the one where the woman stops at a fairly crowded station to gas up her vehicle. She gets back in her ride, and is cruising down the highway when another vehical tailgates her, honking maniacally and beckoning her to pull over. She thinks she is being chased by some crazy psycho, and she speeds up, waiting to get into the next town. Soon, she is being tailed by a police officer, who promptly runs his siren . She pulls over. the officer yanks the driver's side door open, pulling the woman from the car before directing his gun to the backseat of her car. Through the murky beam of the flashlight, and beneath a pile ofgroceries, coat and other stuff, is the escaped serial killer.. knife in hand.

After the arrest, the officer explains to the lucky would-be vicitm, that they received a call from a cell phone (presumably from the first vehicle trying to warn her) that they had seen a man crawl into her unlocked vehicle as she was indoors paying for gas.
<!--fonto:Comic Sans MS--><span style='font-family: "Comic Sans MS"'><!--/fonto-->" Tuesday, you see, had to be free. But somehow, I've got to carry on" Lynyrd Skynyrd <!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

#4 Hunter

Hunter

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts
  • Interests:Model Trains, Paranormal research, SCA (SCA.ORG), My family, movies, life in general.

Posted 10 January 2005 - 07:31 AM

The Kidney Snatchers  

Rumors can spread like viruses and are sometimes just as lethal  

No one knows why, but in 1997 the contagion struck New Orleans. In January, as the city geared up for its annual Mardi Gras festivities, a rumor began circulating around the country by fax and email that a highly organized crime ring in New Orleans was drugging travelers, surgically removing organs from their bodies, and selling the organs on the black market.

The oft-forwarded message (usually entitled "Travelers Beware!") caused an avalanche of phone calls to local authorities, prompting the New Orleans Police Department to publish an official statement on the Web to calm public fears. An investigation into the message's claims turned up no substantiating evidence whatsoever.

The story had a familiar ring. Before New Orleans, it allegedly happened in Houston; before Houston, Las Vegas where an unsuspecting tourist was supposedly drugged in his hotel room by a prostitute and woke up the next morning in a bathtub full of ice, minus a kidney. Or so we're told.

It's a scenario that has taken many forms. I first heard it myself many years ago from a friend who'd heard it from another friend, whose mother claimed it had happened to a distant cousin.

In that version, the victim we'll call him "Bob" was on a business trip somewhere in Europe, and went out to a bar one night to have a drink alone. He woke up the next morning in an unfamiliar hotel room with severe pain in his lower back. He went to the emergency room, where doctors determined that Bob had undergone major surgery the night before. One of his kidneys had been removed, cleanly and professionally.

A chilling tale; and a dubious one. It's suspect because the very same story with minor variations has been told thousands of times by thousands of different people in many different countries. And it's always based, like the version I heard, on third-, fourth-, or fifth-hand information.

It's an urban legend.

Link to story

Top 10 Net Hoaxes / Urban Legends of 2004

Edited by Hunter, 10 January 2005 - 07:35 AM.

Hanging around GS since the late 90's
What is normal and what is real and who are we to decide?

#5 Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*

Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 January 2005 - 04:12 PM

I have so many ULs that I love!!! I have books and books of them. Here are a few of my faves:

The Dying Man:
One week day morning on the North side of Chicago, as Father Mueller was removing his vestments after Mass,  a woman appeared in the sacristy.
"Father, could you bring the last sacrements to my son?" she asked. "I know he will not live through the day. He lives at 1136 West Wellington."
"I'll go now," said the priest, "Wait here while I get the Host and the holy oil."
When Father Mueller returned to the sacristy, the woman was gone.
Nonetheless, he went out to his car and drove to the address the woman gave him. He found a parking spot near the house, walked up to the front of the house and rang the doorbell.
A healthy looking young man in his 20's answered. "Can I help you Father?"
"I've come to give the Last Rites" the priest said.
"You've come to the wrong house Father, no one here is sick." the man said.
"A woman came to me a half hour ago, gave me this address and told me that a young man was dying." Father Mueller said.
"Father, I'm the oly one that lives here, and I'm as healthy as a horse!" But as the young man spoke, the priest looked over the young man's shoulder and saw a photograph on the wall.
"That's the woman who came to see me!" the priest said pointing at the potrait.
The young man grew pale, "Why don't you come inside Father."
Togather they walked over to the photograph, "I'm certain this is the woman who asked me to bring the sacrements to this house. She said that her son would not live to see another day."
"Father," said the young man, now trembling, "this is my mother. She's been dead for 5 years now."
The 2 men were speechless for a moment.  Then, the young man said, " Father maybe you should hear my confession, and give me Communion after all."
A few hours after Father Mueller had given him the last sacraments the young man dropped dead of a massive heart attack.

The Lost Car:
A road constuction crew was widening the highway to Miette Hot Springs in Alberta, Canada. One day, as they shoveled rocks and boulders of the edge of the shar ravine, they heard the clang of rock hitting metal. Curious, the crew scrambled down the slope and started chopping through the underbrush.
Beneath the tangle of bushes, the crew found a car with license plates from the 1950's. Inside, still sitting upright and staring straight ahead were the skeleton's of the cars 4 occupants.
The wallets and purses were still intact. From these, the police were able to determine that this was a famil that had disappeared without a trace years before. Their fate had been undetermined until the road crew had pushed some rocks over the edge of the ravine.

#6 munbby

munbby

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,454 posts

Posted 10 January 2005 - 04:41 PM

This one was told to me long ago and it still scares me to pieces.

Of course, since I was in Grand Prairie TX, the person who told it to me said it had happened there.

There were two sisters home alone while their parents enjoyed a night on the town.  About 10 pm their mother calls to check on them. All is fine. They begin to get ready for bed when the phone rings again.  This time there is a voice on the other end that says "I'm at the corner and I'm watching you".  The girl takes it to be a prank and hangs up.  A minute later the phone rings again, and again the caller says "I'm at the corner and I'm watching you".  This happens a third time, but this time he adds, "And I'm coming to get you".  The girl becomes frightened and calls the police.  They drive by the house and up and down the block and stop to tell the girls they never saw anyone and it's probably just a friend trying to prank them.  With that they bid the girls good night.  Well, they are both shaken up and decide to share a bed for the night, safety in numbers.  No sooner are they in bed than the phone rings again, "I'm still at the corner and I'm still watching you and now the police have gone".  "I'm coming for you". At this point, one of the sister's realizes she has forgotten to lock the back door and tells her younger sister to stay put she'll be back in a sec.  She runs downstairs to lock the door.  The younger sister waits for her sibling to return, but instead hears her scream and a lot of commotion downstairs.  She picks up the phone in the room and tries to call for help, but the line has been cut.  Suddenly all goes quiet.  The younger sister gets out of bed and begins to walk to the door when she hears a sound coming up the stairs.  Thump, thump draaaag--thump, thump, draaag.  She stops in her tracks thinking someone is dragging her sister up the steps.  She finds a ball bat and picks it up.  Again she hears, thump, thump, draag.  Finally she can stand it no more and opens the door to clobber the intruder.  Instead she finds her sister with no arms  or legs dragging herself up the stairs to get away from the intruder, who is right behind her.  The girl opens her mouth to scream, but never makes a noise.
The parents come home later that evening and find nothing amiss.  They go to check on the girls and see that they are "sleeping" soundly in the older sister's bed.  It isn't until the morning that they discover the horrific truth.
The killer is still out there.

I heard this same story again when we moved to Illinois.  I think that was when I realized it wasn't real.  But for years I would swear I could hear that noise.

#7 AbsoluteAngel

AbsoluteAngel

Simply Angelic

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts
  • Interests:Techno, metal, video gaming, paranormal research, and all sorts of outdoors stuff

Posted 10 January 2005 - 04:52 PM

Munbby.. that is horrifying!
<!--fonto:Comic Sans MS--><span style='font-family: "Comic Sans MS"'><!--/fonto-->" Tuesday, you see, had to be free. But somehow, I've got to carry on" Lynyrd Skynyrd <!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

#8 Brandalf85

Brandalf85

Orb

• GS Member
  • 42 posts

Posted 10 January 2005 - 06:42 PM

Hmm these stories are very interesting keep them coming...about that last one about the 2 girls and the phone...it said "With no arms or legs dragging herself up the stairs" I'm a bit confused as how you could possibly drag yourself anywhere without arms and legs.  rolleyes.gif
"The way is shut, it was made by those who are dead and the dead keep it."

#9 Lawgiver

Lawgiver

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 10 January 2005 - 06:59 PM

She was awoken a few hours later by a steady 'drip... drip... drip...' so she got up sleepily to turn the faucet off in the bathroom. Strange, she thought when she got there, the faucet was off. She turned around, and there hanging from the shower was her beloved dog, drip drip dripping blood into the drain.

Not the doggie!!!

I also wondered how she could drag herself up the stairs. I was trying to get a mental image of her pulling herself up by her teeth. *shrugs*

There are too many to list. I love them. I am always at Snopes.

#10 lorddraven2000

lorddraven2000

Extra Terrestrial

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,142 posts
  • Interests:I am director of Dravenstar Paranormal research Team out of eastern Kentucky. I have over 10 years of research under me. Other than paranormal work I dabble in writing and am also a very accomplished bass player.

Posted 10 January 2005 - 07:27 PM

My fav is the escaped maniac with the hooked hand that sneaks up on the car and when they get home they find the hook on the door handle.

#11 Augustine

Augustine

Escaped Lunatic

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,566 posts

Posted 10 January 2005 - 09:43 PM

I'm not sure I'd call this an "urban legend," but it was debunked by snopes.com nonetheless.  When Marilyn Manson first became famous, rumors went around that he was the same guy that played Paul on "The Wonder Years."  

I don't know WHERE this got started.  Paul was played by Josh Saviano.  He and Marilyn Manson are NOT the same guy. But he probably wishes he were, since Marilyn has made a heck of a lot more money.

Kate

#12 munbby

munbby

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,454 posts

Posted 11 January 2005 - 12:36 AM

QUOTE(Brandalf85 @ Jan 10 2005, 09:42 PM)
Hmm these stories are very interesting keep them coming...about that last one about the 2 girls and the phone...it said "With no arms or legs dragging herself up the stairs" I'm a bit confused as how you could possibly drag yourself anywhere without arms and legs.  rolleyes.gif

In the story, it's stumps.  I overlooked it cause I was scaring myself with it again.  Sorry.

#13 Porcelain

Porcelain

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 176 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal interests include: Legends, poltergeists, spirits, spirit photography, urban myth, creatures, evps, horror/thriller movies.<br /><br />Other interests: Poetry, writing, painting, drawing, music, sleeping, alcohol, gaming, shopping, clubbing.

Posted 11 January 2005 - 05:03 AM

Eeee, that creeps me out, munbby! *shudder* I've heard that one before, cept the mysterious caller calls and the girl rings the operator after the third time and asks for a trace on the number, and the operator calls back and says (after he's rung a fourth time) 'The person is in the house with you, get out of there!'

Oooh, I gots goosebumps!

Another story I heard, I think someone made it up on a LiveJournal community I belong to, but in any case it's a great tale.

This man's car has broken down in a small country town, and he seeks shelter at the only house that has a light on, because it's approaching midnight. A tired looking farmer answers, calmly accepts the man's offer to pay him for a room for the night, and invites him in. He says he can take the guest room next to the den, but includes an ominous warning: don't look into the den.

He passes the den door, which is locked anyway (he tries it out, curious of course) and shrugs, figuring the farmer must keep his money or whatever in there, and heads off to bed.

A few hours later, he's awoken by an ungodly din coming from the den. Crashing, smashing, things shattering, and he's worried the farmer is having a fit or something, so he goes to look. The door's still locked, so he peeks through the keyhole. He sees blackness, but still hears the noises. Then suddenly, a flash of red confronts him at the keyhole. He jumps back, and the noises stop. Confused, he makes his way back to his room.

In the morning he mentions the incident to the farmer. The farmer pales, and shakes his head. 'Five years ago, our daughter was murdered in that room..' he whispers, 'The hired hand who used to stay in the room next door killed her.'

The man offers his condolances, and the farmer sighs. 'She was so beautiful. Long brown hair, pale skin..

..and red eyes..'

Edited by Porcelain, 11 January 2005 - 05:05 AM.

#14 Yuri Hyuga

Yuri Hyuga

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 310 posts
  • Interests:Watch Anime,play games ,read manga. Watch kamen rider shows. Write. Super robot wars and study about yokai

Posted 11 January 2005 - 09:10 AM

Here a little story
This story is an old tale that's passed on from scout to scout at a Boy scout camp out in the boondocks of Missouri.

This tale tells of a young woman, Betsy, who was married to Joe (I have no recollection to the acutely name of him) Beaumont.

Betsy apparently had dreams of being a great singer and hoped to make into the lime light some time in her life, that dream was cut short.

She was driving down a country road one day when a deer wandered out into the middle of the road, she had no time to avoid it. The crash was fatal to say the least, Betsy was horribly mangled and was only recognized by the distinctive ring her husband had bought her for their first anniversary. Joe was grief stricken and moved out into the country and started a camping ground and estate called Beaumont. After Joe died he left his estate to the Boy scouts of America. Betsy never liked boy scouts much.

People say Betsy's spirit still wanders around the park, catching and mangling any unfortunate scout who makes the mistake of getting in her way.

If you see her what your supposed to do is take a good look at her eyes, if they are blue, she is in a good mood and probably won't even notice you, but if they are any shade of red or orange, she's angry and that's when you should be scared.

There are many stories of children going into the mess-hall late at night for a snack and all that is found of them in the morning is a few bloody body parts, if anything, this is because Betsy has a taste for scouts.

Betsy also likes to practice her singing voice late at night and some nights you may wake up to her wails and shouts. It is said that if you are to close to her singing you will go deaf or the noise will kill you.

Also Betsy doesn't like any one commenting on her singing voice and will horribly maim you or kill you so you can never do it again. So if you ever hear her singing it is best to just remain silent and pray.
I Know what drives my body. It's not duty or mission. It's the desire to protect people. Yeah, I fight becuse i love people! Kamen Rider Blade.

When you're lost.You're sure to be guided by the strength of your feelings- The future you wish for is already in your hands. Kamen Rider Den-o

#15 AbsoluteAngel

AbsoluteAngel

Simply Angelic

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 11 January 2005 - 10:05 AM

This entire thread has me in goosebumps! *shivers* I'm glad it's daylight outside.

#16 Yuri Hyuga

Yuri Hyuga

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 310 posts
  • Interests:Watch Anime,play games ,read manga. Watch kamen rider shows. Write. Super robot wars and study about yokai

Posted 12 January 2005 - 09:58 AM

found this urban legend

KEEP THE LIGHTS OFF

They say there is this problem going around. No one knows what it's called and no one knows the cure. But it always occurs with a certain someone. That certain someone is a young girl....sometimes boy...but mostly girl.

And as all young girls do....it takes place at a sleep over or get together. The story I've heard about is a girl named Macy, who has her friends Lexie, Briget and Meagan over to spend the night. She gathers them into her room to tell ghost stories. But she demands they keep the light on at all times. She has this problem and knows about it from recent happenings. But yet, they finally talk her into turning the lights off. She shudders to think what is coming...but agrees.

See this problem is a strange one. Whenever the lights are off......she will get uncontrollably scared..I mean screaming crying kind of scared. But when she goes to turn the lights on...the other people in the room will be standing there with empty black holes, staring at her. Or mutilated bodies...still freshly cut open and bleeding. Or think of your worst nightmare...and have it in the room with you. Could you imagine? Turning on the lights and seeing that?

Well back to the story...As Lexie was telling her story...she suddenly turned her flashlight out.....so that the room was now in total darkness. Macy started whimpering for she knew what was coming. Then she heard a little girl's voice....and she knew it couldn't be one of her friends....ring around the rosies.....pocket full of posies...ashes ashes......we all.....fall...down... And Macy got so scared she just had to turn the light on. She jumped up and fumbled for the light switch. But as her hand found it....she didn't want to turn on the light. Then all of a sudden lightning flashed from the storm outside...and in the split second of light she could see her three friends with empty black sockets....standing there with smiles on their faces....and then the room launched into total darkness again. And as Macy screamed and screamed...You could faintly hear........ring around the rosies.......................
I Know what drives my body. It's not duty or mission. It's the desire to protect people. Yeah, I fight becuse i love people! Kamen Rider Blade.

When you're lost.You're sure to be guided by the strength of your feelings- The future you wish for is already in your hands. Kamen Rider Den-o

#17 munbby

munbby

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,454 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 10:23 PM

I want my mommy blink.gif

#18 Yuri Hyuga

Yuri Hyuga

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 09:28 AM

heres two urban legends i found intresting

HAROLD

This is an urban legend from my part of the country told all around the farms in the state. My uncle told it to me one night at my dad's ranch when I was 12. Funny how it happened at "my Dad's ranch".

Thomas and Alfred were two best friends. Whenever it got hot, they would take their cows up to a cool, green pasture in the mountains. Usually they stayed there with the cows all summer. The work their in the mountains was easy, but really boring. All they did was tend their cows all day. They would return to their tiny hut and night. Every night they ate supper, worked in the garden, and went to sleep.

Then one day, Thomas said "Let's make a life-size doll. We can put it in the garden and use it as a scarecrow." There was a farmer they both hated named Harold, so they decided to name the doll Harold and make it look like him. They made it out of straw and gave it a pointy nose and tiny eyes, like Harold's. Day after day, they would tie Harold to a pole in the garden to scare away the birds. They brought it in the house every night. Sometimes, they would talk to it, saying things like "How's it going?" And the other would say in a weird voice "Not good." Of course, Harold wouldn't appreciate it. When they were in a bad mood, they would even curse at him or kick him.

A while later, when Thomas was taking out his anger on Harold, Alfred swore he heard the doll grunt. "Did you hear that? Harold grunted!" "Impossible, he's just a sack of straw," replied Thomas. Alfred dismissed it, but they both stopped talking to it, kicking it, or even touching it, they just left him neglected in the corner of the room.

After a while, they decided nothing was to be feared. Maybe a few bugs or rats were living in the straw. So they went back to their old routine. Every day, they would take it outside, and bring it back in at night. Then they even started treated him badly again.

One night, Alfred noticed something that scared him. "It looks like Harold is growing." "I was thinking the same," answered Thomas. "Maybe it's just our imagination. I think the elevation is getting to us." The next morning, they saw Harold stand up and walk outstide, climb onto the roof, and he stayed there all night. In the morning, it came down and stood in the pasture. They got very scared and decided to flee. They took their cows and started heading back down for the valley. After going only a mile or so, they realized they had forgotten the milking stools. They knew they didn't have the money to replace them, so Alfred forced himself back to get them. "I'll catch up with you later. You just keep moving." After walking for a while, Thomas looked back at the hut and did not see Alfred. What he did see,however, horrified him. He saw Harold, on the roof of the hut, stretching out a bloody piece of flesh to dry in the sun.

CLICK -CLACK

This story was told to me by friends and grandparents.

In a small town of Kentucky there was this old war veteran. His legs were blown off in the war, and so the only way he could move around was by dragging himself around by his long long long nails. He was also a psycho. He would come around the town and disembowel people with his long long nails. So, because of this, the people were ordered to go inside at exactly 6:00 pm and lock their doors.

Well, one night a little girl asked her mom if she could go play at her friends house. The mother looked at the clock, it was 4:00. She told the little girl to be home by 5:45 because thats when "click-click" came out. The little girl agreed and was on her way. She played and played and I guess she lost track of time because when she headed home, it was already 5:48. She thought, no hurry, ill make it home on time. But that was when she saw the ice cream man. She bought one and by the time she really started to go home was 6:00. She observed people locking their doors and calling in there kids.
"Shoot, I'd better run". she thought. Finally she reached her street. But thats when she heard the noise, click click drag click click drag. It got louder and louder. She turned around to make sure he wasn't there but he was. Meanwhile, her mother was inside getting ready for bed, she figured her daughter was already asleep so she decided not to wake her. Then she heard knocking and pounding on the door, she figured it was the click click an paid no attention. It was really her daughter though, wanting to come inside. The next morning, the mother opened the door to get her newspaper only to find her daughters body and in blood written on the tree was, "Mom why didn't you open the door?"

#19 Hunter

Hunter

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts
  • Interests:Model Trains, Paranormal research, SCA (SCA.ORG), My family, movies, life in general.

Posted 13 January 2005 - 12:08 PM

Blue Star Tattoo Hoax - Halloween Urban Legends

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Halloween time nears, the "Blue Star" urban legend will most likely make the rounds once again. Similar to the "Poison Halloween Candy" story, it plays on parent's fears that madmen are out to harm our children.

The "Blue Star" tattoo" hoax will most likely circulate through e-mail chain letters and fliers. Some unwitting journalists and schools will also latch on to this myth, causing even more alarm.

The letters and flyers claim that ruthless drug dealers are targeting school children with a "blue star" rub-on tattoo which is laced with LSD, and is absorbed into the body just by handling the tattoo. Typical to alarmist warnings, the text is full of capital letters and exclamation points stating "THIS IS VERY SERIOUS!" and "FORWARD THIS MESSAGE TO EVERYONE!"

Wrapped in foil and only the size of a pencil eraser, the "Blue Star" tattoo is said to be on a small piece of paper containing a blue star -- which is laced with LSD. Adding further "alarm value" some tattoos are also reportedly laced with strychnine, a deadly poison commonly used to kill rats.

For further appeal to children, other tattoos are said to bear the bootleg images of popular cartoon characters such as Disney characters, Mickey Mouse, Superman, clowns, butterflies and later on, Bart Simpson.

Is there any truth to the Blue Star tattoo rumors? So far, there have been no documented cases of tattoos laced with LSD or strychnine being distributed by drug dealers to children. They don't exist so there's no need to fuel this hoax. Chalk this one up to another classic Halloween urban legend.

More Urban Myth Stories

Edited by Hunter, 13 January 2005 - 12:11 PM.

Hanging around GS since the late 90's
What is normal and what is real and who are we to decide?

#20 yeitso

yeitso

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 153 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 01:50 PM

Hunter my mom sent me that "warning" just this past halloween.
LMAO glad I just deleted it thinking yeah right ok
user posted image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users