• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,738 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 30 September 2015 - 03:34 PM

Here's a good doppelganger story!  Check it out!

http://paranormal.ab...er-Haunting.htm

Posted Image

"Somehow through it all...  We carry on...

Raise you up when you fall...  We carry on...

Bury the past...  Wounds remain...  Through it all...  A desire to live again"

#2 MichelleGStudy

MichelleGStudy

Don't Mess With Me

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,247 posts
  • Interests:I am in private practice with a primary focus on treatment & management of eye disease. I enjoy astronomy, paranormal Investigating, visiting cemeteries, geocaching, gold panning, metal detecting & things of that nature.

Posted 30 September 2015 - 04:21 PM

Thank you NightWalker for that post.  I have always been interested in doppelganger theory & is something I want to study in depth. Maybe in the upcoming weeks we can start a thread for just that - but 1st I need to do my homework!

#3 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,738 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 30 September 2015 - 04:35 PM

Good idea!  And hey, just have your doppelganger do your homework for you.  Less stressful, and you get more free time :)

Posted Image

#4 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Doppelganger

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,176 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 09:14 PM

View PostMichelleGStudy, on 30 September 2015 - 04:21 PM, said:

Thank you NightWalker for that post.  I have always been interested in doppelganger theory & is something I want to study in depth. Maybe in the upcoming weeks we can start a thread for just that - but 1st I need to do my homework!

Yeah, I think that would be interesting! I have my own experience I could share although I am not really sure what they are either. Night maybe like Michelle I will send my D.G to do some homework for me. LOL
Posted Image

#5 bree2981

bree2981

EVP

• GS Member
  • 77 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 10:50 PM

I was always told if you look at your dopplerganger .it is a bad thing... Then again I got a friend named penny and we look almost exactly alike. Other then that it is interesting to lean more.. Nice post
Posted Image

#6 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,291 posts
  • Interests:Enjoy good people and wholesome activities.

Posted 30 September 2015 - 11:16 PM

Yeah.... I don't think it's a good thing to meet your doppelganger.  :wacko: :ermm:
Posted Image
Check out the GhostStudy.com "YouTube Channel!" Click here

#7 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Doppelganger

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,176 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 02:21 AM

View PostJim@GhostStudy, on 30 September 2015 - 11:16 PM, said:

Yeah.... I don't think it's a good thing to meet your doppelganger.  :wacko: :ermm:

Maybe it is something like time travel?
Posted Image

#8 VlawdeGStudy

VlawdeGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,191 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 01 October 2015 - 08:46 AM

In one of the Ghosthunter books, that goes over cases TAPS did before they were on TV, there was a doppleganger.   Jason says he and Grant were at a home where the husband and wife would talk, then later he would mention the conversation with her and she had no memory of it. Lots of incidents like that. While there ,Jason and grant split up, and would meet in a certain room periodically, and both reported talking to the wife in different parts of the house at the same time.

So they planned to do it again, but this time each asked the wife to come with them and not tell them what was going on, and do their meeting in one room. Grant got there first with her, when Jason and the "other" wife approached the room, she got very nervous and dashed off.  Apparently this stopped the activity
Posted Image

#9 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,738 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 02:42 PM

View PostVlawdeGStudy, on 01 October 2015 - 08:46 AM, said:

In one of the Ghosthunter books, that goes over cases TAPS did before they were on TV, there was a doppleganger.   Jason says he and Grant were at a home where the husband and wife would talk, then later he would mention the conversation with her and she had no memory of it. Lots of incidents like that. While there ,Jason and grant split up, and would meet in a certain room periodically, and both reported talking to the wife in different parts of the house at the same time.

So they planned to do it again, but this time each asked the wife to come with them and not tell them what was going on, and do their meeting in one room. Grant got there first with her, when Jason and the "other" wife approached the room, she got very nervous and dashed off.  Apparently this stopped the activity

Now that's just creepy!  Maybe it has something to do with time travel like klainey stated....  Interesting!

Posted Image

#10 VlawdeGStudy

VlawdeGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • 11,191 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 02:46 PM

Pages 151 to 154 are the gist of the story, the pages before are not available on google books     https://books.google...lganger&f=false
Posted Image

#11 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,738 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 03:10 PM

Sounds good Vlawde!  Looks like I got some reading material for this weekend lol

Posted Image

#12 VlawdeGStudy

VlawdeGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • 11,191 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 03:16 PM

It's only a few pages, google books just do samples
Posted Image

#13 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,738 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 06:23 PM

Yeah, I don't plan on reading that much this weekend, so a couple of pages should suffice lol ^_^

Posted Image

#14 chips1310

chips1310

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 237 posts
  • Interests:All things spooky

Posted 02 October 2015 - 03:55 AM

I have read many storys relating to doppelgangers, and have a little bit of a fascination towards them. Theres tales from all over the world relating to this mystery. One local story goes of a gent driving home from work along a country road, the headlights of an oncoming car glare through his windscreen partially blinding him. He flashes his own lights at the oncoming vehicle to dim his lights at the same time the other vehicle did the same. As the two cars passed each other on opposite sides of the road, time seems to slow down, both drivers looked at each other in anger shaking their heads and mouthing obscenities. To the original drivers horror he was looking directly at himself but while his face turned to horror the doppelgangers broke out into an evil leering grin. He stated that the timescale of the cars passing must have been a split second but felt more like 20 seconds. He had time to take in lots of details as he was transfixed by the horror. The other him drove the same car, from what he could see they wore the same clothes complete with a tie pin, same hair with flushes of grey and goatee type beard. Only difference was he noticed a scar on the others face, something that he doesnt have. Even though this encounter scared him witless and it took him a period of time to get over it, he went on to have a full and healthy life. He never experienced it again, but did refrain from driving that stretch of road alone in the dark. Coincidence ? Maybe, parallel universe or view into the future ? We'll never know but what would explain the doppelganger having a facial scar and him not.

As I stated, I find this type of thing fascinating. I couldnt imaging the horror experiencing this
Ignorance is refusing to believe what we dont understand

#15 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,738 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 08:13 AM

Thank you for sharing that, chips!

I'm wondering if it was some sort of demon vision because the "doppelganger" had a scar that the man did not have.  Very freaky...

Posted Image

#16 chips1310

chips1310

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 237 posts
  • Interests:All things spooky

Posted 04 October 2015 - 01:09 PM

View PostNightWalker07GStudy, on 04 October 2015 - 08:13 AM, said:

Thank you for sharing that, chips!

I'm wondering if it was some sort of demon vision because the "doppelganger" had a scar that the man did not have.  Very freaky...

Yeah that was a thought I had too, if I presume the gent led an everyday clean kind of living maybe this doppelganger was his alter ego. The scar and evil leering grin certainty makes me think along those lines.
Ignorance is refusing to believe what we dont understand

#17 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,738 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 01:17 PM

That's definitely something to consider.  He may have had some past faults that brought out that evil looking "twin", so to speak.  Very intriguing story :)

Posted Image

#18 MichelleGStudy

MichelleGStudy

Don't Mess With Me

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,247 posts
  • Interests:I am in private practice with a primary focus on treatment & management of eye disease. I enjoy astronomy, paranormal Investigating, visiting cemeteries, geocaching, gold panning, metal detecting & things of that nature.

Posted 04 October 2015 - 04:21 PM

That's a very interesting take on this subject. It really makes me want to know more about doppelgangers.

#19 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,738 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 04:54 PM

View PostMichelleGStudy, on 04 October 2015 - 04:21 PM, said:

That's a very interesting take on this subject. It really makes me want to know more about doppelgangers.

As I understand it, some doppelgangers might be demonic copies of one's self, and others might be the same person, but in a separate dimension, if that makes sense.

Posted Image

#20 MichelleGStudy

MichelleGStudy

Don't Mess With Me

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,247 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 04:59 PM

View PostNightWalker07GStudy, on 04 October 2015 - 04:54 PM, said:

As I understand it, some doppelgangers might be demonic copies of one's self, and others might be the same person, but in a separate dimension, if that makes sense.
It actually does make sense.  It seems to fit perfectly & it feels right.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users