#21 VlawdeGStudy

VlawdeGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,358 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 31 July 2016 - 11:43 AM

Speaking of missing people and Paulides, you might be interested in this....Paulides will be on coast to coast with tonight's host George Knapp :   http://www.coasttoco...show/2016/07/31
Posted Image

#22 Menet

Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,036 posts
  • Interests:Many

Posted 31 July 2016 - 11:49 AM

What's interesting to me is that there is no mention of people who work in the forest.  They are a prime target for whatever is going on there.  Why not people who work in the forest?  The rest of it was nothing more than my own speculations.  Creation myth is an interesting concept.  One worth exploring when you come up against a brick wall that makes no sense.  Mr. Paulides mentioned his interest in these, enough to cite specifics.  Now, what do you think is going on?  You've formulated no ideas on your own or with the assistance of his findings?  I'm assuming that you are more well read than I am in this area.
The ultimate test of skepticism is questioning your own beliefs-attributed to Johannes Kepler (1571-1630) Mathematician & Astronomer

#23 Menet

Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,036 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 12:02 PM

View PostVlawdeGStudy, on 31 July 2016 - 11:43 AM, said:

Speaking of missing people and Paulides, you might be interested in this....Paulides will be on coast to coast with tonight's host George Knapp :   http://www.coasttoco...show/2016/07/31

You are a gem, Vlawde.  One a.m.?  Four a.m. is when I normally get up so I can only catch the last hour unless my sleep is disturbed.  It looks like he does summaries later on.  That may be all that I catch unless he puts his interviews up later and that's my best chance of catching it.  But I am searching for his books.  If I can't find them used, I'll have to order them from him.  Yes, I am cheap. lol

Huh.  I haven't heard him come right out and say Big Foot, but I don't think Big Foot explains it well enough.  IMO  lol

Edited by Menet, 31 July 2016 - 12:11 PM.

The ultimate test of skepticism is questioning your own beliefs-attributed to Johannes Kepler (1571-1630) Mathematician & Astronomer

#24 VlawdeGStudy

VlawdeGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • 11,358 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 12:12 PM

1 am east coast time. So 10 pm west coast
I think you actually have to be a paid member to access the archives.  Darkness Radio isn't like that, you can always go back and listen to shows.  Not a fan of Noory, but George Knapp is a great host (as is Dave Schraeder)
Posted Image

#25 buffamy

buffamy

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 104 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 12:30 PM

thanks for the timely heads-up Vlawde. Have you paid much attention to or given any thought to the the Missing 411 cases?

#26 buffamy

buffamy

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 104 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 12:46 PM

View PostMenet, on 31 July 2016 - 12:02 PM, said:

Huh.  I haven't heard him come right out and say Big Foot, but I don't think Big Foot explains it well enough.  IMO  lol

There's no one explanation for all of these missing person cases but there will be single explanations that account for sizable chunks of them.

I don't think it'd be smart for Mr Paulides to come out and say what he thinks is happening, and I'd be very surprised if he did since he's repeatedly said himself that he feels it's best for him to just report the facts, draw attention to the patterns that emerge, and as an author and investigator remain as subjective as possible (meaning not 'throwing his hat in the ring' as I think I've heard him put it).

#27 VlawdeGStudy

VlawdeGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • 11,358 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 01:00 PM

View Postbuffamy, on 31 July 2016 - 12:30 PM, said:

thanks for the timely heads-up Vlawde. Have you paid much attention to or given any thought to the the Missing 411 cases?

Only a little, to me it could be connected to the theory that UFOs, paranormal activity, cryptids etc are all related to one another and may all be interdimensional, ala Skinwalker Ranch and Jacques Vallee's books. The more I read on this stuff, the more it seems plausible.

I can say elsewhere on the internet some feel Paulides is nuts...and this is a site where conspiracy theories, UFOs etc are widely accepted and discussed (Mandela Effect, anyone? ;)  ) But I haven't delved into his stuff, so I'm not going to judge
Posted Image

#28 buffamy

buffamy

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 104 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 01:28 PM

View PostMenet, on 31 July 2016 - 11:49 AM, said:

What's interesting to me is that there is no mention of people who work in the forest...

And you're making this statement after hearing or reading what? One interview?

The National Park Service has a history of not keeping records of these things (or at least claiming to not keep records). There's an interest on their part to not draw attention to strange missing person cases. Remember that in the United States the National Parks have their own police force, and I think it's unlikely they would call attention to anything particularly unusual in the deaths of any employees if they didn't have to.

... They are a prime target for whatever is going on there.

No not necessarily. Again, you haven't looked at many cases. If you pay attention to the overall profiles and patterns of those who go missing you'd realize that just because someone is there all the time (working in the park) that doesn't necessarily make them a good target.

... what do you think is going on?  You've formulated no ideas on your own or with the assistance of his findings?  I'm assuming that you are more well read than I am in this area.

Yes, I've followed Mr Paulides' work for quite awhile because I spend a lot of time in the woods alone and I've been in situations that for sure a portion of these people that have gone missing and turn up dead have been in. Overall, I'm glad that attention is being drawn to these cases and people are becoming more aware of strange disappearances both in the wilderness and within city limits.

Edited by buffamy, 31 July 2016 - 02:14 PM.

#29 Menet

Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,036 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 06:07 PM

Yes, after one interview.  Deaths and missing persons would be a matter of public record.  And there are always family members and friends who aren't going to keep their mouths shut about strange stuff.  In fact, I would think the National Park Service would be under fire by a number of agencies for misconduct.  You've got me wondering how many of the people who work in National Parks actually fit the profiles and are not dead or missing.  And why not?

Buffamy, I have my own interests also.  I was glad to share yours with you.  There are definitely questions to be asked here.  Strange is interesting.

#30 buffamy

buffamy

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 104 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 09:23 PM

One interview isn't much information to work with Menet.

#31 Menet

Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,036 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 12:00 PM

I have a job.  lol   Hello Buffamy.  Niece and I are going out to search another used bookstore tomorrow night.  I've yet to find one that's eezy peezy to go through.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users