#21 VlawdeGStudy

VlawdeGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,534 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 31 July 2016 - 11:43 AM

Speaking of missing people and Paulides, you might be interested in this....Paulides will be on coast to coast with tonight's host George Knapp :   http://www.coasttoco...show/2016/07/31
Posted Image

#22 Menet

Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Interests:Many

Posted 31 July 2016 - 11:49 AM

What's interesting to me is that there is no mention of people who work in the forest.  They are a prime target for whatever is going on there.  Why not people who work in the forest?  The rest of it was nothing more than my own speculations.  Creation myth is an interesting concept.  One worth exploring when you come up against a brick wall that makes no sense.  Mr. Paulides mentioned his interest in these, enough to cite specifics.  Now, what do you think is going on?  You've formulated no ideas on your own or with the assistance of his findings?  I'm assuming that you are more well read than I am in this area.
The ultimate test of skepticism is questioning your own beliefs-attributed to Johannes Kepler (1571-1630) Mathematician & Astronomer

#23 Menet

Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 12:02 PM

View PostVlawdeGStudy, on 31 July 2016 - 11:43 AM, said:

Speaking of missing people and Paulides, you might be interested in this....Paulides will be on coast to coast with tonight's host George Knapp :   http://www.coasttoco...show/2016/07/31

You are a gem, Vlawde.  One a.m.?  Four a.m. is when I normally get up so I can only catch the last hour unless my sleep is disturbed.  It looks like he does summaries later on.  That may be all that I catch unless he puts his interviews up later and that's my best chance of catching it.  But I am searching for his books.  If I can't find them used, I'll have to order them from him.  Yes, I am cheap. lol

Huh.  I haven't heard him come right out and say Big Foot, but I don't think Big Foot explains it well enough.  IMO  lol

Edited by Menet, 31 July 2016 - 12:11 PM.

The ultimate test of skepticism is questioning your own beliefs-attributed to Johannes Kepler (1571-1630) Mathematician & Astronomer

#24 VlawdeGStudy

VlawdeGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • 11,534 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 12:12 PM

1 am east coast time. So 10 pm west coast
I think you actually have to be a paid member to access the archives.  Darkness Radio isn't like that, you can always go back and listen to shows.  Not a fan of Noory, but George Knapp is a great host (as is Dave Schraeder)
Posted Image

#25 buffamy

buffamy

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 104 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 12:30 PM

thanks for the timely heads-up Vlawde. Have you paid much attention to or given any thought to the the Missing 411 cases?

#26 buffamy

buffamy

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 104 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 12:46 PM

View PostMenet, on 31 July 2016 - 12:02 PM, said:

Huh.  I haven't heard him come right out and say Big Foot, but I don't think Big Foot explains it well enough.  IMO  lol

There's no one explanation for all of these missing person cases but there will be single explanations that account for sizable chunks of them.

I don't think it'd be smart for Mr Paulides to come out and say what he thinks is happening, and I'd be very surprised if he did since he's repeatedly said himself that he feels it's best for him to just report the facts, draw attention to the patterns that emerge, and as an author and investigator remain as subjective as possible (meaning not 'throwing his hat in the ring' as I think I've heard him put it).

#27 VlawdeGStudy

VlawdeGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • 11,534 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 01:00 PM

View Postbuffamy, on 31 July 2016 - 12:30 PM, said:

thanks for the timely heads-up Vlawde. Have you paid much attention to or given any thought to the the Missing 411 cases?

Only a little, to me it could be connected to the theory that UFOs, paranormal activity, cryptids etc are all related to one another and may all be interdimensional, ala Skinwalker Ranch and Jacques Vallee's books. The more I read on this stuff, the more it seems plausible.

I can say elsewhere on the internet some feel Paulides is nuts...and this is a site where conspiracy theories, UFOs etc are widely accepted and discussed (Mandela Effect, anyone? ;)  ) But I haven't delved into his stuff, so I'm not going to judge
Posted Image

#28 buffamy

buffamy

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 104 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 01:28 PM

View PostMenet, on 31 July 2016 - 11:49 AM, said:

What's interesting to me is that there is no mention of people who work in the forest...

And you're making this statement after hearing or reading what? One interview?

The National Park Service has a history of not keeping records of these things (or at least claiming to not keep records). There's an interest on their part to not draw attention to strange missing person cases. Remember that in the United States the National Parks have their own police force, and I think it's unlikely they would call attention to anything particularly unusual in the deaths of any employees if they didn't have to.

... They are a prime target for whatever is going on there.

No not necessarily. Again, you haven't looked at many cases. If you pay attention to the overall profiles and patterns of those who go missing you'd realize that just because someone is there all the time (working in the park) that doesn't necessarily make them a good target.

... what do you think is going on?  You've formulated no ideas on your own or with the assistance of his findings?  I'm assuming that you are more well read than I am in this area.

Yes, I've followed Mr Paulides' work for quite awhile because I spend a lot of time in the woods alone and I've been in situations that for sure a portion of these people that have gone missing and turn up dead have been in. Overall, I'm glad that attention is being drawn to these cases and people are becoming more aware of strange disappearances both in the wilderness and within city limits.

Edited by buffamy, 31 July 2016 - 02:14 PM.

#29 Menet

Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 06:07 PM

Yes, after one interview.  Deaths and missing persons would be a matter of public record.  And there are always family members and friends who aren't going to keep their mouths shut about strange stuff.  In fact, I would think the National Park Service would be under fire by a number of agencies for misconduct.  You've got me wondering how many of the people who work in National Parks actually fit the profiles and are not dead or missing.  And why not?

Buffamy, I have my own interests also.  I was glad to share yours with you.  There are definitely questions to be asked here.  Strange is interesting.

#30 buffamy

buffamy

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 104 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 09:23 PM

One interview isn't much information to work with Menet.

#31 Menet

Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 12:00 PM

I have a job.  lol   Hello Buffamy.  Niece and I are going out to search another used bookstore tomorrow night.  I've yet to find one that's eezy peezy to go through.

#32 Menet

Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 05:41 AM

View PostVlawdeGStudy, on 19 July 2016 - 01:51 PM, said:

Heya, welcome to the forums! :)

Yes, this incident is interesting. I've never heard the yeti theory before, and never any mention of radioactivity associated with bigfoots. Plue they found the footprints in the snow of the party, but no other footprints, either by animals or other people.  There are some reports by others in the general area of glowing orange orbs, which actually have been reported in many UFO sightings, but UFO's being responsible for this is unlikely IMO.

The radiation was found in traces on their clothing, and the most likely source was Thorium, used in  the mantles of their camping lanterns. Thorium emits alpha particle radiation. The mantles need changing quite often, and the old ones would kind of crumble into dust.

I did find an article which does a great job of going over the possibilities, some of which I think may be likely  https://amnationalis...mystery-solved/

Update!!

I was watching the science channel last night and people are still going over the1959 Dyatiov Pass incident.  (I think I got the occurrence date correct).   I imagine that this is so because of the monument that was put in place with all nine pictures of the victims.

I checked the date stamp on the documentary and it read 2017 and made the assumption it was current because I caught the tale end of it.  They were interviewing a scientist who had been studying the wind effects on the mountain slope where the incident took place and his computer simulation showed tornadoes coming down that slope at 100 miles an hour.  Infrasound was brought up again as the cause of the victims leaving their shelter.

At the very end they mentioned that the culprit had net yet been found.

#33 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,566 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 16 September 2017 - 12:12 PM

I was watching a show I'll have to go back through my inline video library to find out which one it was, that they recovered photos from the Dyatlov incident. One of the victims had been taking pics and in the background of one of the pics is a very tall muscular creature(term used because not sure it was human or yeti). It was watching them from behind some trees. I'll see if I can dig up the photo.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#34 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,566 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 16 September 2017 - 12:43 PM

It was on the show The Unexplained Files. They were able to get access to the photos. This is a closeup of the creature.in the photo.
Posted Image

Here's the video, but you have to pay $1.99 for the episode if you watch it on Youtube. If you have Amazon it's $2.99, unless you subscribe to Destination Unknown it's free.

Edited by MacCionoadha BeanSidhe, 16 September 2017 - 12:43 PM.

Posted Image

My Shop

#35 Menet

Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 09:26 PM

Hi, Mac!

Thank you for the hookup but I remember watching this.   I found that I had access to the Science Channel through my subscription with Comcast and rewatched the entire program today, several times and did research on those who spoke and gave opinions on the incident.

The program is entitled Mysteries of the Missing, hosted by Terry O'Quinn   Too bad they haven't done anything on Missing 411 but I'm getting sidetracked.  The Dyatlov Pass (I'm not sure I've got the spelling correct) shared the 2nd half of the episode, the first half covered Atlantis.  It appears to be nothing more than a rehash of old information and I did not discover that until after I checked some things out...like obituaries.

I don't want to get lost here so let me give you a list of interviewees with some notes of my own:

Keith McCloskey-Author-This person is interesting and makes mention of shroons being found in a bag in one of the pockets of the hikers.  No one else mentions it that I found but it might explain why some were outside the tent in next to nothing.

Dr. Margee Kerr-Sociologist-Studies Fear-I could find no reference to her speaking about the incident but I didn't go past page 3 for references either.

Andrew Gough-Listed as a Historian but I think he might be a professional researcher.  I couldn't find any educational background on him but he sure is busy.  He claims they haven't found the "smoking gun" yet but he is sure that it is out there.  Somewhere.  And time will tell.

Svetlana Oss-Journalist/Author-She thinks that it is murder at the hands of others.  She talks about the picture you show of the "Yeti" and believes it is one of the hikers.  She shows pictures from the same roll of film and yes it could be that hiker.   The outer clothing he is wearing is similar to that in the "Yeti" picture.  They mention yeti and aliens but those ideas have been discarded in favor of other theories.  She's compelling as a journalist.

Dr. Rebecca Asch Kendrick-Forensic Pathologist-she talks about the injuries of the hikers but I could find no references to her appearance on Mysteries of The Missing.  Same as Dr. Margee Kerr.

Yuri Kuntsevich-President of the Dyatlov Foundation and the world's leading authority of the incident.  Maintain the archives and I believe he was the youngster who pointed out the discoloration on the faces of the victims.  Some believe it is radiation poisoning that comes back to the idea of Soviet blast testing in this area.  From what I gather, it is a testing site.  Now why wouldn't you register your hiking party with someone in the military, especially when they use the area?

Professor Alfred Bedard-Expert in Fluid Mechanics.  His work was the computer model of the mountain where the hikers camp was set and the possibililty of 100 mph winds producing the infrasound and the resulting calamity.

Dr. Ethan Green-Director of the Colorado Avalanche Information Center-his information was just that, information.   No one believes it was an avalanche, because the evidence doesn't point to an avalanche.

The Mansi Tribe-mysticism and shamanism.  Absolutely no one has done a hardline search on this group of peoples indigenous to the area.  Even though there is evidence that they were there at some point.  There is finger pointing going on but nothing is pursued.

The Military-We don't care.  We don't have to.   And they probably are holding the "Smoking Gun".

I spent a lot of time reading on this.  It is thought provoking.  And I'm with Andrew Gough.  Time will tell.

#36 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,566 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 01:24 PM

The only problem I have with the Tornado effect on the hikers is, why were they missing body parts, like tongues, eyes, etc. Especially when some were buried in snow and some were in the water? I'd understand if they were totally exposed to the elements, to be missing parts due to scavengers, but only the eyes and nothing else? That's what makes this case so interesting.

Edited by MacCionoadha BeanSidhe, 17 September 2017 - 01:25 PM.

Posted Image

My Shop

#37 Menet

Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 05:36 PM

Hi, Mac:

I get you.  Dr. Asch-Kendrick, the forensic pathologist, was doing her job when she stated that being near water and dead, that animals would feed on the exposed soft tissues of the body.   Ultimately she was pointing out what animals do.   They eat dead people.   Dogs eat their owners so do cats.  Now I'm getting morbid.  She is professional about her job and I let it go.

Others thought the killings were ritualistic.  Eyes and tongue removal.  Gross.   When the Mansi were questioned about the area, some said yes, it was a holy place, others said no.  There are pictures that show that it means something to someone.  A totem (for lack of a better word) was erected in the area and there are markings on the trees but it looked as though it could have been staged by someone.

They didn't look old and winds moving at 100 mph would knock down the totem and totally obliterate the tent.  I think that Dr. Bedard was looking to explain what may have caused the hikers or skiers to leave their tent so abruptly.  Apparently high winds cause infrasound.

When I learn how to link up from my computer, I will make it easier for you to read what I'm reading.  I think I'll take that to my next class and see how that goes down.

Ultimately this is a cold case file.

#38 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,566 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 07:18 PM

View PostMenet, on 17 September 2017 - 05:36 PM, said:

... Ultimately this is a cold case file.

Quite literally. :whistling:   Ba da da dum ching... Posted Image

Edited by MacCionoadha BeanSidhe, 17 September 2017 - 07:24 PM.

Posted Image

My Shop

#39 Menet

Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 09:18 PM

It was good.  lol

#40 EVP

EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:34 PM

View PostMacCionoadha BeanSidhe, on 16 September 2017 - 12:43 PM, said:

It was on the show The Unexplained Files. They were able to get access to the photos. This is a closeup of the creature.in the photo.
Posted Image

Here's the video, but you have to pay $1.99 for the episode if you watch it on Youtube. If you have Amazon it's $2.99, unless you subscribe to Destination Unknown it's free.

I've had a couple of girlfriend encounters like that. Thankfully I escaped with minimal hospital bills.
Posted Image
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always
so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.:"
----Bertrand Russell----

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users