• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Labasoazuokmasumze

Labasoazuokmasumze

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 01:36 AM

I've never had any experience with the paranormal until just yesterday. My first thought was that I'd spontaneously gone insane, and maybe I have. But I've never had any hallucinations before.

I was sitting in my room around four in the afternoon, when I suddenly noticed the lighting of the room becoming more....red. I found it strange, but initially just wrote it off as a shifting of clouds or something of that sort. A minute or two later, I heard a noise that I can best describe as a soft, gibbering coughing sound. The instant I turned my head, it was there, right in front of me. It was humanoid, and very small, maybe about two or three feet tall, with disproportionately long, thin arms and slender fingers. It had folds of grayish-brown skin dangling from said rail-thin arms. It was wrapped in a tattered, purple cloth, had thin silver hairs on its head, and carried what looked to me like a large, ornate salt-shaker with a chain attached to it in its left hand. As soon as I noticed its presence, it was as if I'd entered some drug-induced trance or something. I was conscious of how bizarre this was, and that I should've been terrified, but I was calm. Also, as soon as I saw it, this smell hit me that I don't know how to describe. Almost like red peppers and spearmint.

I asked what it was. It just stared into me with eyes that constantly changed in shape and color. When I made eye contact with it, I felt like I was high off the ground. Like vertigo, I guess. I just felt like I was in danger of falling, even though I was just sitting on my bed. It was slightly shaking its head and hands as it stood there, as if it had Parkinson's. A short while after my question, it started...talking. In a voice that sounded like rocks rolling down a hill. Or maybe sort of like a boiling cauldron. It was speaking some alien language, but as it spoke, I began feeling things. I felt every human emotion more strongly than I'd ever felt within the span of what couldn't have been more than two minutes. Sometimes they'd overlap in nonsensical ways. I distinctly remember feeling at some point both intense happiness and anger at the same time.

And then it turned and hobbled through my doorway and disappeared around the corner. And as soon as it was out of sight, it felt like a thousand pound weight had been lifted off me. It wasn't until then that the fear hit me. I was so shocked and afraid that I just sat there practically catatonic. I didn't know what to think, and I still don't. Could this be sudden onset of schizophrenia or some other disorder, or do you think this could've been an actual creature? And if so, what was it? I didn't sleep last night and probably won't tonight either. Feels like I'm dreaming.

#2 VlawdeGStudy

VlawdeGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,266 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 16 September 2016 - 08:37 AM

Welcome to the forums!   I have no idea what you saw. It could well have been a hallucination or waking dream of some sort. If you have any more weird things like this happen, I would definitely see a Doctor
Posted Image

#3 Tantric KittenGStudy

Tantric KittenGStudy

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,185 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 09:36 AM

Dobby?

I really think your first step is to have a complete physical workup,  including having your eyes checked (not your vision...  your eyes).

Then,  if there are no physical ailments that could cause this,  I'd probably take a psychological indicator and speak with a psychiatrist to have everything evaluated.

I would also consider having my home evaluated for toxic mold or other pollutants.  

For what it's worth,  you express yourself clearly with your thoughts ordered in a linear fashion,  there aren't any verbal oddities,  etc., so I think that's down on your list of worries.   One can easily be mentally ill and articulate but you're much less likely to express yourself to without clear indicators if your illness is progressed far enough for full sensory hallucinations.

Posted Image

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. --Herm Albright

#4 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,516 posts
  • Interests:Enjoy good people and wholesome activities.

Posted 16 September 2016 - 10:39 AM

I don't know if it's the onset of a mental disorder, eye problems or a visitor from space. Probably best not to be alone tonight. Is there a friend or family member that can stay with you tonight?
Posted Image
Check out the GhostStudy.com "YouTube Channel!" Click here

#5 trin

trin

Alien

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
  • Interests:photography, art, ghost stories (particularly first hand), history, Asia, origami, fiber arts/crafts. http://www.zibbet.com/trinlayk

Posted 16 September 2016 - 10:44 AM

That's a very well written description!  

Also yeah get that medical work up FIRST, And have the house checked, (get a Carbon monoxide detector NOW.)

One of my gran's first signs that she was losing her vision was seeing people and creatures in the part of her vision where she couldn't actually see much. (the brain is pretty good at filling in blank spots)  Fortunately she was seeing things like cats and my daughter when they weren't actually in the house, and not dead people or faeries.

Though by that detailed description, it sounds much more like somethng from faerie (as TK's Dobby comment!) than something demonic or alien.  So while possibly dangerous, probably not an issue unless you start something.   He certainly didn't seem to expect you to be able to see him, and he doesn't seem to have been sneaking around, so if he's someone who LIVES there, he's not making a mess or running up expenses.  Any specific features that suggest he's not actually human?

I think from your description we can figure out a few things, l ike he's lost weight, and is likely of human intelligence (clothing, carrying an artifact, wearing clothes, speaking to you, and perhaps using telepathy)     Keep good notes!  Though if you see him again ask if he needs something or if you can help him?  Any damage to your home? (signs of someone/thing breaking in?)

Do you live with anyone else?  Because maybe ask them if they've had anything wierd going on, or seen in the home that they've witnessed? Whaat kind of environment is the home in? (woods, urban?) is it a house or apartment?

After the medical, and home inspection clear away possible and probable mundane causes ruled out first, and then start on the paranormal angle.

#6 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 8,516 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 10:54 AM

All good counsel, Trin.
Posted Image

#7 trin

trin

Alien

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
  • Interests:photography, art, ghost stories (particularly first hand), history, Asia, origami, fiber arts/crafts. http://www.zibbet.com/trinlayk

Posted 16 September 2016 - 12:20 PM

If the guy is even real, and not a hallucination.  There doesn't seem to have been any aggression until the "CARP! human sees me!" and then some mental self defense to allow an escape.

Humans= danger, wild life knows this!  heck  HUMANS know this. :D  (we can be both wonderful and horrific to each other, who needs demons OR angels, humans cover the same territory pretty completely.)

Edited by trin, 16 September 2016 - 12:20 PM.

#8 Louczar

Louczar

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts
  • Interests:WOW, our dogs and hanging with good people!

Posted 16 September 2016 - 12:39 PM

Very chilling and exciting (since nothing bad happened) at the same time.  As I was starting to read your description of what it looked like, my first thought was a troll doll.  As I read further I know that was not it.  very strange...

https://www.google.c...8#q=troll dolls
Just because you have one....doesn't mean you have to act like one - Louczar
Life is short, enjoy it!

#9 Labasoazuokmasumze

Labasoazuokmasumze

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 01:24 AM

Thanks for the responses, guys. So I saw a physician who had me undergo an MRI and referred me to a psychiatrist. They've found nothing wrong with my brain. So far, anyway. But they did discover that my blood pressure is a little high, so at least something came of it. I already have carbon monoxide detectors in the house.

My psychiatrist suggested trying anti-psychotics down the line, if the "hallucinations" continue. But I really don't think it was a hallucination anymore. I haven't seen that creature again, but I have been experiencing strange things. A couple of times I've heard muffled laughter and tapping from the other side of closed doors. Sometimes the proportions of the room change. Yesterday a hallway appeared inside my closet. The walls were covered in vines, and there was a black or dark brown door at the end of it. There was no way I was going in there. I went downstairs to get my phone. I've been keeping it with me at all times, for the most part. The day I saw the hallway, I left my phone downstairs because I meant to get something from my bedroom and come right back down. I want to take pictures of these terrifying and mind-boggling phenomena to prove that I'm not crazy. So far, either the timing wasn't right, or my phone happened to be one of the items that disappeared that day, only to turn up somewhere else later.

My laptop is incredibly unstable now. It blue screens at least twice a day, randomly freezes up, and sometimes just...cuts off. As if it suddenly ran out of power. The lights in my house flicker constantly, and change colors, from white, to blue, then back to orange. There's a new crack in the wall every time I wake up, and things go missing only to turn up somewhere I know I didn't put them. The plants in my house that were dying from neglect are suddenly as healthy as can be, and my cat now sleeps right under them, and sits there even when awake, purring. One night I went downstairs to get a drink and check up on the house again, and I saw what looked like some sort of insect, on one of the leaves. It looked kind of like a grasshopper, but its antennae were extremely long. And it was glowing fluorescent yellow. The thing made a weird sound with its wings and jumped down into the plant. It just vanished. Sometimes I can sense an invisible presence that wants to harm me, but something holds it back. Possibly the worst is the baby sounds. Several times now I've heard what sounds like a bunch of babies wailing all at once, but not in unison. It's a very faint sound, as if it's coming from some place far away.

I'm so out of it from sleep-deprivation and stress that I don't even feel insane typing all this ridiculous crud. My brother will be flying in this weekend to stay with me. I want him to see what's going on with his own eyes. But I'm also nervous about inviting anyone else into this house. The landlord's handyman has been here to examine the place and fix some of the cracks in the wall, but nothing baffling has happened while he was present. I haven't told anyone, not even my brother, the full extent of what's happening. No one will believe it until they experience it firsthand. I'm going to go buy a new camera tomorrow and set it up in the house to film through the night. 24/7 if that's possible.

#10 VlawdeGStudy

VlawdeGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,266 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 21 September 2016 - 07:45 AM

I think it will help to have a second pair of eyes on things you're experiencing, sleep deprivation can really mess with your head. I used to work 2 fulltime jobs with 3 or so hour naps between them and have experienced the weirdness

At any rate, your brother being there could help confirm or debunk what's happening
Posted Image

#11 trin

trin

Alien

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 01:29 PM

Can you afford to go stay somewhere else, maybe even a hotel for a few days?  (If the phenomenon continues for you there, it may be about you and not the home.... if it stops because you are away from the home, that's also an indicator of a direction to go in.)

also see if you can find someone/someplace that does environmental inspections, things like black mold can cause this sort of perceptual mess and hallucinations, and multiple people can experience the same thing because some molds make people more suggestable so one person goes "OMG did you see that Dobby type thing?" and then everyone else sees a version of Dobby there.   (I have a friend who does this kind of environmental inspection, and sometimes he's brought in because the problem the homeowner experiences is "hallucinations and haunting type experience.")

and like TK mentioned the electrical inspection also is a good idea.

Though what you are seeing is very typical of the stories about faery.

I'm also a bit envious of you insurance coverage, I was having clearly neurological type problems and it took almost a year before I was able to get the MRI and we still haven't really figured out what's going on with me.  (though they've found ways to help control it.)  Also antipsychotics aren't usually something that's a first "well we could do X" unless things are scarily horrifically obviously at that level.  (the side effects can be pretty awful.)

#12 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 8,516 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 03:08 PM

Thanks Trin... I am learning from what you shared!
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users