14 replies to this topic

#1 razvan7750

razvan7750

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 September 2020 - 01:25 AM

--LONG READ--

Hey, first let me say something about me.

I am 16. I am from Europe, not relevant from where. If this is the wrong section, sorry.

Alright so, my issues started a year ago. It was around 2 AM, I shut down my PC after some CS:GO and I laid down in bed. I was usually sleeping on my back.

I started to hear bells, like those bell that cows, sheep and other animals have. It sounded like something or someone was circling the house. It was my first paranormal experience, so I didn't really care even though it seemed odd. Woke up, nothing strange.

The next night I experienced sleep paralysis. I was sleeping on my back then, seems like sleeping on your back increases your chances to experience that stuff. It was horrible, couldn't move, couldn't close my eyes, nothing. Some sort of demon I guess, all black with deep red eyes was coming closer and closer to me, when he was like 10cm away from my face (that's 4 inches for you Americans) he disappeared, I could move and I was all sweaty, shaking and my heart was going like crazy.

I left a nice sweat stain on my bed. It was still night, it was roughly 3:30 when I woke up. I was hearing those bells very often, I found out that listening to music or watching something on YouTube helps. Next one is gonna be interesting.

I was home alone, my room is upstairs. It was like 1 or 2 AM, can't remember. I closed my window and prayed that I could sleep. I heard loud laughter and when I woke up my window was wide open. Now, it's impossible to open the window from the outside. You would need a crowbar, or 2. Also I live upstairs so you would need a ladder to get to the window. I closed it, went down to check the house but nothing suspicious. Laid in bed again, and heard some knocks on the window.

Another day, I woke up with used candles in the driveway. The bell thing still happens, sometimes I wake up 7 times a night, all the times seeing the same black dude with red eyes. Once I saw blood or some liquid dripping from the walls. Sometimes I wake up from nightmares all sweaty and shaky. When in full moon, I can't close a single eye. Simply, I can't sleep. It's horrible. My mom says the same about the moon, but no demons for her.

Some people say it is because of narcolepsy but I don't feel tired during the day. Is it only a medical affection or am I hunted?

I really need your help, I went to the doc and he didn't know what to say, neither what causes these disorders. He told me to get a night lamp, it shut down by itself during my sleep, someone pressed the switch.

There have been paranormal incidents around here, when they were digging for the house's foundation, they found human skeletons, dating from WW2. There have been reports of peoples being chased at night by sheep, of course no one believes them. I was walking home alone from a friend, it was 12 - 1 AM. I heard someone shouting my name from behind, of course I didn't turn. The voice was like my dad's, but it was no way to be my dad since he was out of town. What can I do? Went to the church, put a little chain with a cross on my neck but nothing helps. I have holy water next to me.

Please believe me when I say that all the stuff above is real, my friends tell me that I'm crazy.

#2 razvan7750

razvan7750

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 September 2020 - 03:59 AM

Forgot to mention, last year in august I went on a trip with my family. We visited some nice mountains around here, nice view. I came across a ledge, and went to take some nice photos. I looked down, and oh boy it was a long way. Then I suddenly had the urge to jump down, but thankfully my dad came to take a picture together. That never happened to me before. Usually I'm not afraid of heights. Photos here >> https://imgur.com/a/hJxXzZr

#3 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts
  • Interests:Digital Stills / Auditory Enigmas

Posted 20 September 2020 - 07:46 AM

I don't think you are crazy but much of what you describe sounds like some form of narcolepsy. Since you nightmares/events seem to cater on the edge of falling asleep it would more specifically called hypnagogia.

I'm not a medical professional but I'd suggest you contact your immediate family physician (if you haven't already) and explain the ailment in detail. I've read in many cases people grow out of the condition in time but to lighten the load medications can be of great assistance. Maintaining a consistent sleep schedule is generally advisable as the body becomes accustomed to the regularity and the associated undesirable effects do subside.

If you own a Windows 10 machine with the Creators Update installed, I'd highly recommend enabling the Night Light feature by doing the following:
  • Select Start > Settings > System > Display > Night light settings. If your night light toggle above the link is grayed out, you may need to update your display driver.
  • Under Schedule, toggle Schedule night light to On.
Screens emit bright blue light that looks a lot like the sun, throwing off your body’s internal clock at night and preventing the secretion of melatonin, which causes you to become sleepy. Night Light makes your screen use dimmer, warmer colors at night, helping you sleep. That’s the theory that some studies have supported, although more research on the subject would certainly be helpful. Aside from better sleep, many people also report that using the softer colors—especially in darkened rooms—is just easier on their eyes.

The above information courtesy of How-To Geek

As an extra precaution, I'd also recommend installing (freeware) Night Mode for Windows to protect your eyes from monitor brightness late at night.

In regards to the dogmatic belief surrounding late night spectral occurrences mostly associated with the 4:00 AM time frame, that has been perpetuated by the higher number of deaths found to exist at that time. There is a simple explanation for the majority of that statistic. The majority of us are in deep sleep patterns at that time and if your significant other does in fact experience heart failure or other related perishing conditions, the healthy one is way too deep in sleep to be of assistance. Time is the most important factor in saving someone who experiences life threatening events.

It's always wise to examine logical explanations first before assuming the event is paranormal. You have so much more control over your situation if the cause is contributed to being mundane. Blaming the paranormal which one has little control of will only escalate your anxiety  and could increase your narcolepsy related issues.

Finally, I'd recommend keeping a log of your experiences. Note time/date and include when you last ate and what you ate to find out if there might be a connection. I'd also recommend allowing suitable time to wind down before wishing for sleep. Keep away from the computer in the last half hour before sleep entirely.

You may very well think I'm nothing but a skeptic but I am far from it. I'm just a balanced skeptic who has experienced some pretty unusual events and approached them systematically to eliminate the mundane.

Please keep us posted and come back. We're here to help if we can.

Edited by EVP, 20 September 2020 - 07:51 AM.

Posted Image
Want a graphic signature? Post frequently on ParanormalSoup and I might make you one.

#4 razvan7750

razvan7750

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 September 2020 - 09:18 AM

View PostEVP, on 20 September 2020 - 07:46 AM, said:

I don't think you are crazy but much of what you describe sounds like some form of narcolepsy. Since you nightmares/events seem to cater on the edge of falling asleep it would more specifically called hypnagogia.

I'm not a medical professional but I'd suggest you contact your immediate family physician (if you haven't already) and explain the ailment in detail. I've read in many cases people grow out of the condition in time but to lighten the load medications can be of great assistance. Maintaining a consistent sleep schedule is generally advisable as the body becomes accustomed to the regularity and the associated undesirable effects do subside.

If you own a Windows 10 machine with the Creators Update installed, I'd highly recommend enabling the Night Light feature by doing the following:
  • Select Start > Settings > System > Display > Night light settings. If your night light toggle above the link is grayed out, you may need to update your display driver.

• Under Schedule, toggle Schedule night light to On.
Screens emit bright blue light that looks a lot like the sun, throwing off your body’s internal clock at night and preventing the secretion of melatonin, which causes you to become sleepy. Night Light makes your screen use dimmer, warmer colors at night, helping you sleep. That’s the theory that some studies have supported, although more research on the subject would certainly be helpful. Aside from better sleep, many people also report that using the softer colors—especially in darkened rooms—is just easier on their eyes.

The above information courtesy of How-To Geek

As an extra precaution, I'd also recommend installing (freeware) Night Mode for Windows to protect your eyes from monitor brightness late at night.

In regards to the dogmatic belief surrounding late night spectral occurrences mostly associated with the 4:00 AM time frame, that has been perpetuated by the higher number of deaths found to exist at that time. There is a simple explanation for the majority of that statistic. The majority of us are in deep sleep patterns at that time and if your significant other does in fact experience heart failure or other related perishing conditions, the healthy one is way too deep in sleep to be of assistance. Time is the most important factor in saving someone who experiences life threatening events.

It's always wise to examine logical explanations first before assuming the event is paranormal. You have so much more control over your situation if the cause is contributed to being mundane. Blaming the paranormal which one has little control of will only escalate your anxiety  and could increase your narcolepsy related issues.

Finally, I'd recommend keeping a log of your experiences. Note time/date and include when you last ate and what you ate to find out if there might be a connection. I'd also recommend allowing suitable time to wind down before wishing for sleep. Keep away from the computer in the last half hour before sleep entirely.

You may very well think I'm nothing but a skeptic but I am far from it. I'm just a balanced skeptic who has experienced some pretty unusual events and approached them systematically to eliminate the mundane.

Please keep us posted and come back. We're here to help if we can.
You are right. I shouldn't assume everything that happens is paranormal activity, but the window episode... I don't know man. It wasn't a dream. It's impossible to open the window from the outside. Yes, I closed it. I was talking with a good friend of mine on Discord. She saw me close that window. I need answers, I need them quick. I've had some nasty hallucinations in the past, dreams of me dying, but waking up right before I would.. die. But that's normal, right? I use night light, since the computer light at night is stressing my eyes and I start to blink like crazy. I don't want to wear glasses. My sleep schedule is always the same, I go to sleep at around 10 - 11 AM nowadays, and wake up at 7 during school, or even 11 - 12 during the weekend. Of course sometimes its one of those days,  Wednesday seems to be the most problematic day for me. Can childhood experiences affect me? When I was 7, my sister decided to scare me, she had a mask, I entered my room and she stood behind me until I turned around and saw her. I think that was the most scary experience I ever went through. I wasn't really afraid of the dark back then, but now.. just no.

#5 ParanormalEmpath

ParanormalEmpath

EVP

• GS Member
  • 76 posts
  • Interests:Spirit, Empathic abilities, Clairvoyance, Mediums & other paranormal topics

Posted 21 September 2020 - 04:14 AM

EVP is right, you need to first check off the more likely problems of your woes.  Since you have such broken sleep patterns you possibly not only are experiencing sleep paralysis but could also have a tenancy to sleep walk as well.  The lack of sleep can pile up on you rather rapidly and only add to the problem.  In any of these episodes were you able to see what time it was or read something?  If  not you were dreaming.  I have two psychologists in the family and they agree with dream experts that it is typically not possible to tell time or read when in a dream state.  You could both be sleep walking and sleep paralysis both can be caused by sleep apnea.  This could account for the window being open, lights turned on, etc..  In other words, you may be your own haunting.  Maybe your family doctor could prescribe you something to help you sleep.   Your age also may be a contributing factor, you have a lot on your mind which also can cause a lot of anxiety.   I think I can safely say that just about everyone here would believe you.  Hopefully, you're not being haunted... you're just tired.  Below is a link to an interesting video on the subject.

https://www.inverse....ad-in-my-dreams

If you can get your sleeping issue resolved and you are still having unexplained things happening this is a good place to come.  Sorry you are having such problems.  Best wishes!

#6 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 22 September 2020 - 07:31 AM

View Postrazvan7750, on 20 September 2020 - 09:18 AM, said:

I need answers, I need them quick. I've had some nasty hallucinations....

Have to made arrangements for a doctor's appointment yet? That's the first step and the fastest way to get immediate answers. You will have to be proactive.

I wasn't really afraid of the dark back then, but now.. just no.

As mentioned in my first posting, you're esculating your anxiety which in fact could be exponentially affecting your dreams.

Let us know how the doctor's visit went please. People here care.

<<<<BTW- Your picture from imgur doesn't load.>>>

Edited by EVP, 22 September 2020 - 09:12 AM.

Posted Image
Want a graphic signature? Post frequently on ParanormalSoup and I might make you one.

#7 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,143 posts

Posted 22 September 2020 - 09:02 PM

It must be you EVP It is working for me. Here is the picture :D
Posted Image
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#8 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 23 September 2020 - 07:20 AM

View PostKlaineyGStudy, on 22 September 2020 - 09:02 PM, said:

It must be you EVP It is working for me. Here is the picture :D

Thanks Klainey, I'm not sure if it's old age, dementia or senility. Must be brain failure on a copy & paste :)
Posted Image

#9 True North

True North

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 23 September 2020 - 02:40 PM

Hi razvan,

nice pictures.

You say you had an urge to jump that you've never felt before. That's noteworthy. Make sure to pay attention and be mindful of yourself and any strange urges you get. Simply observe these urges without reacting. By doing so you will always give yourself the time to consciously make the best decisions for yourself, and prevent yourself from taking harmful actions without thinking. Don't let such urges unnerve you :)

As for your tale, I'll take you at your word.

Hearing bells? Check.
Seeing dark figures with red eyes? Check.
Knocking at the window? Check.
Laughter? Check.
Finding burned candles (or other similar items)? Check.
People's names being called in the voice of family members not present? Check.

This is a story I know well.

#10 razvan7750

razvan7750

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 September 2020 - 11:35 AM

Update

Hello! Its been like 5 days since I made the post. Yes, I read all the answers. I went to the doc. He gave me some medicine, I am starting to sleep better, but I am still anxious.

I am probably sleep walking. I hope I won't hurt myself. I will try to get a camera or audio recorder to listen for anything weird. I will keep you updated.

#11 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,143 posts

Posted 25 September 2020 - 06:04 PM

Thank you for the update raz.

Anxiety in itself can be very debilitating without anything else going on. Glad you now have something that is helping you to sleep at night.

And getting a camera or audio device to record anything weird is a good start. May I suggest another?  Please keep us updated; once we have a better idea of what's happening we might have other suggestions that might help. But keep a written detailed account too; maybe something a little more in depth than what you might share here.  I keep a diary on my computer, it is easy to search and find events.
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#12 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,203 posts

Posted 01 October 2020 - 10:07 PM

Thanks for the update - the medication might take a while to take effect so please just keep with it and let us know (and your doc!) how you go.
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#13 razvan7750

razvan7750

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 October 2020 - 09:27 AM

Okay so it's been a while. This is probably my last update on this topic. I took the medicine, made several visits to the doc, and I am improving.
I am starting to actually sleep 7 hours without waking up. I still have doubts on some things. if anything unusual, out of the ordinary happens, I will more than likely start a new topic. Thank you for actually trying to help me. I really appreciate it. :good:

#14 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 14 October 2020 - 05:34 PM

View Postrazvan7750, on 14 October 2020 - 09:27 AM, said:

Okay so it's been a while. This is probably my last update on this topic. I took the medicine, made several visits to the doc, and I am improving.
I am starting to actually sleep 7 hours without waking up. I still have doubts on some things. if anything unusual, out of the ordinary happens, I will more than likely start a new topic. Thank you for actually trying to help me. I really appreciate it. :good:

It's good to hear you have been proactive in trying to reclaim your sleep. FWIW I've had sleeping issues in the past and I now sleep far more normally. I sleep longer in a deep sleep mode after going to the doctor. I'm able to monitor my sleeping patterns by a smart watch and have noticed the quality of sleep has improved.

Thanks again for sharing your experiences and sharing how you've conquered a perceived uphill battle.

Edited by EVP, 15 October 2020 - 12:49 AM.

Posted Image

#15 trin

trin

Alien

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,576 posts
  • Interests:photography, art, ghost stories (particularly first hand), history, Asia, origami, fiber arts/crafts. http://www.zibbet.com/trinlayk

Posted 14 October 2020 - 07:12 PM

Even though you are young and apparentlly healthy (?) request to have the doctor order a sleep study.  There may be people trying to do stuff, BUT some of this sounds a lot like things triggered by lack of sleep due to apnea (a respiratory issue that affects people often as they are laying down <on their backs especially> and asleep).