• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 trin

trin

Alien

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,540 posts
  • Interests:photography, art, ghost stories (particularly first hand), history, Asia, origami, fiber arts/crafts. http://www.zibbet.com/trinlayk

Posted 06 January 2008 - 05:25 AM

Just the other night, I dreamed about my grandmother and smelled her perfume. (Expensive good perfume, she was a New York City girl transplanted to the Midwest..) ...  when I dream about my other grandma, I smell home made chicken soup....
I miss them both so much sometimes.

Though a few weeks ago when I dreamed about my uncle, I didn't smell his cologne.  Hmmm.

#22 equus6

equus6

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 10:30 AM

QUOTE(leesghost @ Jan 5 2008, 09:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Everyone.....

Best Wishes to all for the new year!

Here is a question......

Now i have experienced all of the above, a scent of a relative passing away, or a relative coming to visit me, or comming to reassure me when i have been feeling down.

BUT.......

I have also been told that certain scents of spirit can also indicate that  a negative spirit or energy has entered the room or house!

So could they also imatate a friend, family member, and loved one...  How do we know the difference? Often it is said to be a foul sweet sickly odour.... of a negative energy / spirit.

Does anyone have an opinion about this?

God Bless  x

I have heard that people have smelled very foul odors and have had a very bad feeling like something bad was around them, and I've heard that if an Angel is present, you can smell sugar cookies.  I experienced the latter once.  I was very upset about a situation, and had an overwhelming peace come over me.  I did smell sugar cookies!  I hope that dosen't make me sound crazy...I guess a negative energy can do what it wants until you take control of the situation. innocent0005.gif

Don't worry about the people in your past. There is a reason they didn't make it to your future....

#23 Draco Rattus

Draco Rattus

Orb

• GS Member
  • 46 posts
  • Interests:anime, computer games, dragons, drawing, final fantasy, manga, roleplaying, wargaming, wrestling, writing

Posted 06 January 2008 - 11:24 AM

My great-great grandmother said she would watch over us after she was gone, and when I was a child I used to get a strong feeling of a presence sitting in my bedroom smelling of old-fashioned floral perfume.  I asked my mother about this, and she said that my great-great grandmother used to wear an old floral perfume.  As long as the smells you have experienced are pleasant, I'd say it's a friendly and welcome visitation.  =^^=
"Without love, without anger, without sorrow, breath is just a clock, ticking." - Mary O' Brien, 'Equilibrium'

http://dracorattus.deviantart.com/

#24 nannycheech1958

nannycheech1958

Orb

• GS Member
  • 47 posts
  • Interests:I have a lot of interests....too numerous to name....

Posted 15 January 2008 - 08:04 PM

QUOTE(leesghost @ Jan 5 2008, 09:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Everyone.....

Best Wishes to all for the new year!

Here is a question......

Now i have experienced all of the above, a scent of a relative passing away, or a relative coming to visit me, or comming to reassure me when i have been feeling down.

BUT.......

I have also been told that certain scents of spirit can also indicate that  a negative spirit or energy has entered the room or house!

So could they also imatate a friend, family member, and loved one...  How do we know the difference? Often it is said to be a foul sweet sickly odour.... of a negative energy / spirit.

Does anyone have an opinion about this?

God Bless  x

I have also experienced different scents for different spirits.
When an older female spirit is near me, I smell flowers. My mom liked lilacs, my grandma hated roses, but when shes around, I smell roses.
My daughter loved baby magic lotion and rootbeer barrels candy, and I smell those things when she is near.
Sometimes I smell foul things.....bad spirits I think.....thats when I light the sage, and sprinkle sea salt.

#25 Laurnabeth

Laurnabeth

Orb

• GS Member
  • 40 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 01:09 PM

Why is it...

That ghost "smell" like sulfur and then some other scent.

Always sulfer though...

Posted Image

#26 Guest_ellsbeth_*

Guest_ellsbeth_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2008 - 04:12 PM

The higher spirits often evoke a scent like roses, hyacinth. The troublesome ones usually smell like rotten eggs. I have dealt with both. When My Gramma visits she smells like her cologne, or a rosy/floral scent. On the others, a little Febreze helps.

#27 Kiwilady

Kiwilady

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 06:15 PM

I don't know if spirits can change there odour but I really hope I can say how I want to smell after I die innocent0005.gif   I'd hate to die while working out and come back smelling of sweat and have people say "Oh here she is again.  I just wish she had had a shower before she died!  I have a friend who has a ghost and they know she is around because they smell old sweaty sox!!! (Yuck)

For about a month before my duaghter was born I would smell freshias as I was drifting off to sleep.  There were no freshias around or any other sweet smelling flower nearby and it was only as I was going to bed.  I always thought is was my mother-in-law letting me know she knew about baby.  I have never smelt it since.

Kiwilady Kiwilady

Years may wrinkle the skin, but to give up enthusiasm wrinkles the soul

http://hauntedauckland.com

#28 Morning_Glory_

Morning_Glory_

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,427 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 08:01 PM

I don't know if spirits can change there odour but I really hope I can say how I want to smell after I die  I'd hate to die while working out and come back smelling of sweat and have people say "Oh here she is again. I just wish she had had a shower before she died! I have a friend who has a ghost and they know she is around because they smell old sweaty sox!!! (Yuck)

I don't think that we come back as the last thing we smelled like (we'd have alot of urine and Ben Gay smelling grandparent scents if that was the case).

I think it has more to do with a "signature scent" - like a scent that was unique to you.  Like my mom's bubble bath and perfume smell on a Sat night - it was unique and I have warm memories of those times.  So if your signature scent was sweaty sox, then that might be what you smell like to people when you visit later.
Brenda's "signature scent" was cats - I smell cats and i think of her.

#29 Blackviolett

Blackviolett

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 11:35 AM

This is always an interesting topic and Ive seen it on lots of forums all with many differing views. I used to consider myself a bit clairscentient but havent had any experiences for a long time now. However, Ive felt presence in the room many times in different houses both my own or visiting family and its always the smell/scent that leaves me with hair standing on end. Ive smelt moth balls, perfumes, cigars, car oil, fumes, wet dog, body odour, metal and all in my own humble opinion have been spirit related and there has definately been someone there. Id like to think a certain smell is carried along with the person who has passed be it nice or nasty so that they can take it with them to show they are still unique.
Rachel
X

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users