Free Skins
© Fisana

Something Seen Out Of The Corner Of Your Eye?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 ghost137

ghost137

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal Researcher.
    Writer, Artist, Explorer.

Specialties:
    Ancient Myths, Afterlife, Time Travel.

Odd Interests:
    Codes, Ciphers, Physics.

Posted 18 June 2010 - 10:39 AM

New research question time.

Now I know a lot of people will say its an optical illusion, but if you have a moment please read and answer the following questions below, and thank you to all who have before taken time and answered some of the other questions.

*A quick understanding of these questions: To me the paranormal is like a giant jigsaw puzzle. You have to start by grouping all the similar colors and edge pieces. then you divide the edge pieces into colors. You then pick a color group around the edge and start putting the edge together. Then you pick a color that matches the largest group of edge pieces, and so on, till the image final becomes clear. The same principle applies to my research. Right now I'm breaking up all the small pieces of the puzzle to find there similarities. I feel if I do this without any presumption of what the final image is, and just slowly concentrate on each part slowly putting them together, it should start to reveal a bigger picture.

Please answer the following questions about the paranormal and the eye.

1. Do you believe the *human eye* can see ghosts?
  (Please note this question means visibly see a ghost.)

2. Do you believe that *children's eyes* can see ghosts better than adults?

3. Do you believe that animals can *See* (Not sense) ghosts better than humans?

These next questions applys only to corner of eye, not fully seen:

4. Have you ever seen something strange (Paranormal) out of the corner of your eye?

4a. If so,was it/where they a mist, shadow, figure, something else, all of the above?

4b. Have you ever been 100% certain it was a figure of human shape.

Two related questions:

5. Have you ever starred into straight darkness and thought you could see something, though you can't?

6. Have you ever felt someone starring at you and turned to see a normal person starring at you?

thank you,

Ghost137

- Ghost137 4mula -

To reach the 'Witching Hour' start at 24:59:59 + .01 Then Add: -.01(10)-9 till: -00.00.00 < -00.59.59 + (-.01) Add: .01(10)-9 or be lost forever.

#2 Old Guy

Old Guy

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 229 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 12:08 PM

No.
No.
No. But they are sensitive to environmental factors which we cannot percieve (like eathquakes).

4. Have you ever seen something strange (Paranormal) out of the corner of your eye?
No.
4a. If so,was it/where they a mist, shadow, figure, something else, all of the above?
I have floaters: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floater which are actually quite common.
N/A
Two related questions:

5. Have you ever starred into straight darkness and thought you could see something, though you can't?
No. In the scouts we learned a technique for improving night vision. Look slightly off to one side of what you want to focus on. We all have blind spots in each eye. We also exprience persistence of vision. This technique helps negate much of those situations.
6. Have you ever felt someone starring at you and turned to see a normal person starring at you?
Yes.
Cynic. Skeptic. Believer.
||||||^
If you're not skeptical, you're in denial.

#3 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,640 posts
  • Interests:Digital Stills / Auditory Enigmas

Posted 18 June 2010 - 12:21 PM

You'd have to define ghost first because if you're referrig to shadows I would say yes but otherwise no because I believe in telepathic projection.

No...they may have different perception than adults but they see as adults would.

3. Do you believe that animals can *See* (Not sense) ghosts better than humans.
I'd have to say no because no dog out there can validate that experiment and besides animals would have to know how we see

4.Have you ever seen something strange (Paranormal) out of the corner of your eye?
Yes but there are natural explanations identifying false positives this type of vision creates.

Yes but I believe it was my eyes adjusting to the lack of light.

Yes but sooner or later the laws of probablility might be the reason why.

#4 Ms. Tify

Ms. Tify

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my family, art, scrapbooking, listening to loud music, reading, photography, writing, are you still reading this? Seriously?

Posted 19 June 2010 - 05:12 AM

(Please note this question means visibly see a ghost.
       Yes, I have seen them, therefore, I believe others can, too.
       No, I do not believe their eyes can physically see something adults can't, but
        I do believe they have better perception of things.

I believe they can see ghosts, and sense them, but I don't believe their abilities  
      are stronger than humans.  I believe they can HEAR them better than humans.

No, never.  And, I have floaters, but I have never mistaken a floater for   anything other than what it is.

Two related questions:

5. Have you ever starred into straight darkness and thought you could see something, though you can't?     No.

6. Have you ever felt someone starring at you and turned to see a normal person starring at you?  Yes, many, many times.  I have felt someone staring at me, and turned and there is no one there.  At the same time, my dog was staring at the same spot.  Interesting?
Life's a match in a gas tank, don't ever mourn the ebbing tide, just dance on fire and enjoy the ride.

#5 WishINGS

WishINGS

EVP

• GS Member
  • 87 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 07:26 AM

Great questions!

My answers come purely from my experience(s), or lack there of.

If you have a theory about the topic of your questions, I 'd love to hear it!

Yes, I do.

I do not think that it is the age of one's eyes that determine whether we can see spirits. However, and this is only a theory, I do think that innocence and purity may have something to do with a spirit or angel's willingness to show themselves to us.

The house that I lived in from the age of 12 to 18 was inhabited by ghosts and/or other energies. To this day, I believe that my brother, who was about 3 years of age at the time, communicated visually and verbally with a particular spirit.

My cousin will attest to her daughter being able to communicate with what she believes was an angel. The communications stopped once the girl turned about 9 or 10 years old.

When pondering on this theory, consider Joan of Arc.

See, no. Sense, yes.

Many times. This happened so often in the one "haunted house" that I lived in, that it almost became a sort of game for me. I had to bring myself to a constant awareness of seeing things out of the corner of my eye, so that I could discern whether my vision was playing tricks on me, or if I was actually catching paranormal activity. I know that what I was seeing in that house was paranormal. It has not happened since I moved from that house almost 30 years ago. Yes, I see or catch things out of the corner of my eye today, but I have always been able to explain it, or determine what caused it.

I would have to describe it as a shadow, or a blur of movement.

I cannot. I never saw a figure out of the corner of my eyes, only movement, or a blurred shadow moving quickly. The one full figure of a human shape that I have seen was seen straight on, with both eyes.

Two related questions:

no.

Yes, many times.
Man is the only animal who blushes....or needs to. ~Mark Twain~

#6 RavenHeart

RavenHeart

Magickal Man

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,547 posts
  • Interests:All things Paranormal, Spiritual, and Supernatural, . Love Music, Camping, Horseback Riding, Cinema, Photography, Art, Native American Story-Telling. Kundalini Reiki, Holographic Quantum Physics etc.

Posted 21 June 2010 - 12:31 PM

Yes.

Not better, but more frequently than adults.

I believe Cats, Dogs and Horses can.

Yes, but this is often explained by the blind spot in one's peripheral vision.

Shadow

No

Two related questions:

5. Have you ever starred into straight darkness and thought you could see something, though you can't? Yes, an eye floating in the air.

6. Have you ever felt someone starring at you and turned to see a normal person starring at you? Yes, many times.

#7 Ms. Tify

Ms. Tify

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my family, art, scrapbooking, listening to loud music, reading, photography, writing, are you still reading this? Seriously?

Posted 22 June 2010 - 04:29 AM

Okay, it just figures.  I answered "no" to the question about seeing something paranormal out of the corner of your eye.  That was last week.  Then on Sunday, I did see something out of the corner of my eye.  That was a new one on me.  I posted the details in my thread in Let's talk about ghosts.

Please change my "no" to a "yes".
Life's a match in a gas tank, don't ever mourn the ebbing tide, just dance on fire and enjoy the ride.

#8 LadyNBlack

LadyNBlack

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 341 posts
  • Interests:History, Civil War re-enacting, giving ghost/history tours, paranormal investigation

Posted 22 June 2010 - 05:57 AM

Yes and no.  I believe that there are some types or classes of ghosts that can be seen with the physical eye.  However, I believe most are seen more through the "mind's eye."  I've seen too many cases where several people will be able to see something, and another person present cannot.  I believe that those who are literally on the same or similar wavelength as the entity in question will be able to see it...whether that means physically or telepathically.

No, not their physical eye on a general scale.

If a ghost is physically manifesting in our world, then probably.  Animals see more images per second than we do thanks to the idea of flicker fusion.  There's also some old folklore about dogs seeing ghosts---in order to see a ghost or spirit, you can either bend down behind the dog and look at the space between its raised ears...or this one that I DON'T suggest:  Remove the inner eyelid thingie from a dog and wear it as a contact lens.

Not sure.  I've seen movement and shadows where there should be none, but I can't out rule normal behavior of peripheral vision.  

Shadows, what appears as a human figure, and general movement

No, but there was no discernible difference in the verifiable human fleshie shapes I've seen out of the corner of my eye.

Kinda, lol.  I've dabble with black mirror scrying where you're basically using the Ganzfeld principle to induce hallucinations, lol.  You see all kinds of strange things.  As for staring into actual darkness, yeah, I would say that I've thought I've seen movement.

Yup.

October 23 and 30th: Guyandotte's Ghostly Encounters Candlelight Walking Tour

#9 Snowlord

Snowlord

Ghoststudy's Official Photo Expert

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts
  • Interests:Photography ... Chess ... Nature ... Astronomy ... Kicking Butt...stuff like that.

Posted 22 June 2010 - 06:10 AM

No

No

No

No ... just normal peripheral flickering.

Just shadows.

No.

Yes ... normal eye/brain illusions in my opinion.

No.

#10 Impkat

Impkat

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 12:51 AM

Yes

Generally, yes.

Maybe... I think they sense, not really see...

Yeah, rarely though

Idk, it was out of the corner of my eye, I'm not that awesome.

*shrug* I usually don't take such things as personal evidence. (I blow them off)

Two related questions:

Yeah...it's creepy

*nods*

#11 PumpkinWraith

PumpkinWraith

1D's #1 Fan

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,025 posts
  • Interests:Mainly my family and chatting to and getting to know the many good friends I've made here over the years. I love Rock, Metal and alternative music as well as having a profound interest in the paranormal.

Posted 29 July 2010 - 05:41 AM

Yes, if they exist but if they do then why wouldn't the human eye see them.  But it also depends how the brain processes an image.  How would we now that were looking at a ghost
I don't think they see ghosts better than adults.  They have innocent imaginations and if they see something it's usually genuine even if it's exaggerated
We will probably never know.

Yes all the time but I usually dismiss it as my imagination.

All of the above except figure.  I have never presumed it was paranormal.  Perhaps it was but I still say I have never seen a ghost.
No

Two related questions:

Yes.  I do it all the time at home.  I walk round the house on my own with the lights off if I need to get up in the night.  I shouldn't cos I usually end up scaring myself lol

Yes but I think that happens a all the time to a lot of people.  

Posted Image

The Aliens said I could take a friend next time. Apply below ......but no mad people!

I Posted Image One Direction. Harry 4Ever!

#12 colleenlvlc

colleenlvlc

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 06:07 AM

QUOTE(Snowlord @ Jun 22 2010, 06:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No

No

No

No ... just normal peripheral flickering.

Just shadows.

No.

Yes ... normal eye/brain illusions in my opinion.

No.

just wondering not trying to be rude but what would promt you to come on a paranormal message board if you feel this way?
at the center of each of us lies our essential spirit.it is what defines us our ultimate strength.it gives us hope for a greater purpose to the life we lead,and the yearning for a sense of meaning.this core in us is something everyone is born with and will die with,it is what many believe carries forth beyond death,it is our soul

#13 Snowlord

Snowlord

Ghoststudy's Official Photo Expert

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts
  • Interests:Photography ... Chess ... Nature ... Astronomy ... Kicking Butt...stuff like that.

Posted 29 July 2010 - 10:06 PM

QUOTE(colleenlvlc @ Jul 29 2010, 11:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
... just wondering not trying to be rude but what would promt you to come on a paranormal message board if you feel this way?...

I have always been interested in what makes people believe in the paranormal, and what people accept as evidence for their beliefs. I started out on "sceptic" boards, and met many paranormal believers there. I think believers and sceptics are both interested in what makes the "other side" tick since both types of boards ( that I have been on, anyway ) are mixtures of each.

Being a photographer I became interested in showing people why most paranormal images can be explained as normal photographic flaws of one type or another, and I decided to try to show this here since the main site seemed to be based on a lot of photography. I try to stick to analyzing photos because I don't think it is very productive to try and analyze stories and other claims of that nature, but I occasionally pop in on something like this to give a sceptics view for the sake of balance.

#14 colleenlvlc

colleenlvlc

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 03:18 PM

View PostSnowlord, on 29 July 2010 - 10:06 PM, said:

QUOTE(colleenlvlc @ Jul 29 2010, 11:07 AM) ... just wondering not trying to be rude but what would promt you to come on a paranormal message board if you feel this way?...

I have always been interested in what makes people believe in the paranormal, and what people accept as evidence for their beliefs. I started out on "sceptic" boards, and met many paranormal believers there. I think believers and sceptics are both interested in what makes the "other side" tick since both types of boards ( that I have been on, anyway ) are mixtures of each.

Being a photographer I became interested in showing people why most paranormal images can be explained as normal photographic flaws of one type or another, and I decided to try to show this here since the main site seemed to be based on a lot of photography. I try to stick to analyzing photos because I don't think it is very productive to try and analyze stories and other claims of that nature, but I occasionally pop in on something like this to give a sceptics view for the sake of balance.

fair enough thanks for answering
at the center of each of us lies our essential spirit.it is what defines us our ultimate strength.it gives us hope for a greater purpose to the life we lead,and the yearning for a sense of meaning.this core in us is something everyone is born with and will die with,it is what many believe carries forth beyond death,it is our soul

#15 Menet

Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 07:51 PM

Yes

No

No

Yes

No

No

Two related questions:

No

No

I enjoy taking surveys.  Hope I'm not too late for this one.   Keep focused.

#16 adrienneel1

adrienneel1

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 01:25 PM

Yes, but only certain people who have the "ability" and those who keep their minds open enough to allow it to happen.

I don't believe it's so much the physical aspect of the child's eyeball so much as that they are naive and innocent enough to still see these "ghosts" that most adults have closed their minds to by either being too busy mentally or have decided just not to believe.

Yes, they can smell and hear things we can't so maybe they can see things we can't.

Yes.

I've seen shadows, figure's, and just movement.

Yes.
    No.

Yes.
thank you,

adrienneel1

#17 Evil Shane

Evil Shane

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal shizzle
    Guitar
    music
    photography
    and other stuff

Posted 24 August 2010 - 07:46 AM

Yes i do

to be honest im not sure on that

Yes they can see and hear quite alot of stuff better than us

yup
i'v seen shadows , figures and what seems to be an orb at the corner of my eye

Yeah very certain

Yeah loads of times

Yeah plenty of times

thank you,
"But the cruellest thing you can do to an artist is tell them their work is flawless when it isn't" Ben yahtzee crowshaw

"A musician's or artist's responsibility is a simple one, and that is, through your music to tell the truth" Tom Morello

"I have one commandment. Be aware of your own mortality. Because as you live and achieve, the clicker is going down".Shawn Crahan

#18 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,436 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 12:24 AM

(Please note this question means visibly see a ghost.
Yes, I believe people are able to see spirits sometimes I think they don't even realise it.  
No, I believe children are just as intuitive but become less so inclined as they get older. Maybe due to society stating there are no such things and people like to fit into the norm!  
Yes, some animals can see better than us

Yes, several times.
I have seen things like mice out the corner of my eye only to be told by hubby it was nothing. Later we find it was a mouse. And it is much the same as seeing a little girl sitting at the table.
Yes.
Two related questions:

5. Have you ever starred into straight darkness and thought you could see something, though you can't?.
If I have I can't recall it. Maybe as a child but not too sure.
On occasion but not recently.
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#19 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

The Official GhostStudy Easter Bunny

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 22 February 2019 - 02:52 PM

1. Do you believe the *human eye* can see ghosts? Yes.

2. Do you believe that *children's eyes* can see ghosts better than adults? Yes.

3. Do you believe that animals can *See* (Not sense) ghosts better than humans? Yes, I've seen animals track an invisible object and act according to it's "its intent"... growl, hiss, wag its tail.

These next questions applies only to corner of eye, not fully seen:

4. Have you ever seen something strange (Paranormal) out of the corner of your eye? Yes, quite often.

4a. If so,was it/where they a mist, shadow, figure, something else, all of the above? I've seen mists, shadow figures, amorphous-type shadows.

4b. Have you ever been 100% certain it was a figure of human shape. Yes.

Two related questions:

5. Have you ever starred into straight darkness and thought you could see something, though you can't?  Yes, often.

6. Have you ever felt someone starring at you and turned to see a normal person starring at you? Yes.

Edited by MacCionoadha BeanSidhe, 22 February 2019 - 02:52 PM.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Official GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#20 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,640 posts
  • Interests:Digital Stills / Auditory Enigmas

Posted 16 May 2019 - 08:39 AM

I'd like to propose a request with this somewhat revitalized thread. Let's get Michelle involved in some of the questtions with a "clinical" answer. She's our best source of education in regards to vision. Please Michelle, from your expertise in the field can you explain some of the phenomena on a scientific level what the eye might be experiencing. Do your best to keep bias/belief from your educated answers. You're a goldmine in this field.

Edited by EVP, 16 May 2019 - 08:41 AM.