#21 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,272 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 21 October 2019 - 11:12 AM

Having done this before myself, it's very tedious, and likely after reviewing hours of footage that there is simply nothing there,

For the most part, what you see on TV is a recreation of the reviews. They sit the investigators in what looks like an event room at a hotel with a table and the gear, and have them ask the other "what do you think of this"? etc. I highly doubt they are reviewing hours of evidence there. I'd think there are other off camera people who do the lion's share of this
Posted Image

#22 Menet

Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 21 October 2019 - 11:33 AM

Vlawde, on 21 October 2019 - 11:12 AM, said:

Having done this before myself, it's very tedious, and likely after reviewing hours of footage that there is simply nothing there,

For the most part, what you see on TV is a recreation of the reviews. They sit the investigators in what looks like an event room at a hotel with a table and the gear, and have them ask the other "what do you think of this"? etc. I highly doubt they are reviewing hours of evidence there. I'd think there are other off camera people who do the lion's share of this

Apparitions are not a dime a dozen and shooting in the dark?   Let's just say that a lot can be overlooked.  

It's been so long that I'd forgotten what initially turned me off about them.  And I also forget that they didn't utilize people who could help them.  Maybe it will be better this time around.
Happily Wacko.

#23 Pooky

Pooky

Beware of Pooky

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 130 posts
  • Interests:I like to go human haunting and that's all you need to know.

Posted 01 November 2019 - 11:21 AM

BOO!!! ... muahahaha
Okay, it's true already, now leave me alone

#24 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 01 November 2019 - 06:58 PM

Posted Image It's Pooky
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#25 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,272 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 02 November 2019 - 08:00 AM

Heya Pooky!

So, did anyone see the Ghost adventures 2 hour special on Halloween? They investigated the Perron house, the basis for the movie the Conjuring. Demonologists Keith and Carl Johnson took part in it. Back when Ghosthunters came on, they appeared in a few episodes, and back in the day they were the original investigators when the original activity was going on, even before the Warrens. The warrens apparently did very little, and later confessed "As soon as we walked in, we knew we were in over our heads"

Of course there were the typical "OMG DUDES" you'd expect from the GA crew. But there SEEMED to be quite a bit happening. Take it with a  grain of salt since this is a TV show, but surprisingly it wasn't as over the top as most shows.

Ghosthunters ended their season the other night, but are still investigating and another season will start in January. I do like the new crew, and this season-ending episode did have some good stuff in it, I guess saving the best for last.

Ghost Nation was ok this week, but the main thing that bothers me is the voiceovers -- they all take turns narrating throughout the show, and all sound bored and monotone, especially Steve. Plus I'm missing the goofing around between Dave and Steve, just not seeing much of that.

Haven't seen the latest Portals to Hell
Posted Image

#26 Pooky

Pooky

Beware of Pooky

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 130 posts

Posted 02 November 2019 - 08:02 AM

Did I miss Halloween?

#27 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

The Official GhostStudy Easter Bunny

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,159 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 02 November 2019 - 02:29 PM

View PostVlawde, on 02 November 2019 - 08:00 AM, said:

Heya Pooky!

So, did anyone see the Ghost adventures 2 hour special on Halloween? They investigated the Perron house, the basis for the movie the Conjuring. Demonologists Keith and Carl Johnson took part in it. Back when Ghosthunters came on, they appeared in a few episodes, and back in the day they were the original investigators when the original activity was going on, even before the Warrens. The warrens apparently did very little, and later confessed "As soon as we walked in, we knew we were in over our heads"

Of course there were the typical "OMG DUDES" you'd expect from the GA crew. But there SEEMED to be quite a bit happening. Take it with a  grain of salt since this is a TV show, but surprisingly it wasn't as over the top as most shows.

Ghosthunters ended their season the other night, but are still investigating and another season will start in January. I do like the new crew, and this season-ending episode did have some good stuff in it, I guess saving the best for last.

Ghost Nation was ok this week, but the main thing that bothers me is the voiceovers -- they all take turns narrating throughout the show, and all sound bored and monotone, especially Steve. Plus I'm missing the goofing around between Dave and Steve, just not seeing much of that.

Haven't seen the latest Portals to Hell

Sorry but I don't watch GA or GH. GA because I can't stand Zak, never have. And, I like GN and I don't mind the voice overs, though you're right they(Steve) aren't very animated about doing so. I refuse to watch GH on principle.

View PostPooky, on 02 November 2019 - 08:02 AM, said:

Did I miss Halloween?

Hey Pooky. Yes, sorry to say, but you sort of did. By the way, how'd you get out this time?

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

Posted Image

My Shop

#28 Pooky

Pooky

Beware of Pooky

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 130 posts

Posted 02 November 2019 - 03:07 PM

I didn't escape, someone let me out. I'll never tell who it was!

#29 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,159 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 02 November 2019 - 03:37 PM

Who could it have been?

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

Posted Image

My Shop

#30 Menet

Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 04 November 2019 - 11:42 AM

View PostVlawde, on 02 November 2019 - 08:00 AM, said:

Demonologists Keith and Carl Johnson.

I do remember Keith and Carl.  hehehe I can't help but notice that they are all in bed together.  I guess it doesn't work if every fake in the country isn't kissing one another's butt.  I can't stand it yet thanks for the review, Vlawde.
Happily Wacko.

#31 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,086 posts

Posted 08 November 2019 - 10:01 PM

thanks Vlawde for the info its good to filter out the good from the bad with these programs! I laughed so hard when I saw the ad for 'ghost bait'... anyone else seen that one ?
It's in the trees, it's coming!