Free Skins
© Fisana

Angel Figurine With "demon Babies" Inside.?

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#41 ghost137

ghost137

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal Researcher.
    Writer, Artist, Explorer.

Specialties:
    Ancient Myths, Afterlife, Time Travel.

Odd Interests:
    Codes, Ciphers, Physics.

Posted 28 April 2010 - 10:11 PM

QUOTE(CaniswalensisGStudy @ Apr 28 2010, 05:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
AQUITTED!!

Bravo, Counselor!

Objection your honor!

You cannot rule until both sides are finished.

Though ODC makes several circumstantial observations. He has not provided any proof to the to back his claim.

His whole case is based on assuming the creator had innocent intentions and he has yet to provide proof. ODC states they resemble European dragons but has not provided a reason for why they were in the angel.

The dragons were molded into the angel which shows obvious above average purpose they were not just randomly stuffed in. ODC has not provided the reason for the extra time or effort the creator went to to mold them within.

Weather for good or for ill it seems obvious that the creator purposely molded the creatures within the statue for some purpose. Even if for weight the creator chose these statues for a reason. No evidence for good purpose has been provided. The best answer so far provided for none mystical purposes is boredom or weight. To say there is no connection between the angel and the dragon/demons in creation make no sense. It is a statement requiring us to believe that the creator did not care about his figurine. There is no evidence to that rational provided by ODC.

That being said... Having taking a much closer look at the pictures provided believe I have found a connection between the Christmas angel and the dragons.

On closer observation I notice the close resemblance of the third dragon that rests sleeping still within the angel to Gothic Dragon statues that guard cathedrals ramparts. I believe, though I cannot prove it, that the creator placed the gargoyle dragons within the christmas angel, to guard the inside of the angel. In a clever play of artistry. worried that the angel would be to fragile if left empty, molded the guardain dragons within, to give it density and weight to protect its fragle nature.

So in conclusion. the creator combined both artistic mystical belief with his/her need to add weight and density for the protection of the christmas angel and stayed within the confines of the church beliefs about symbols of internal protection of sacride items and places, thus using the well known symbols of gothic statues, namely dragons. The connection is both can be found at a church, which means a religious connections.

Your honor I'm asking you repeal your previous decision, and find that the creator obviously did have the intention to provide a mystical protection to the angel, though for good purpose, not for evil, he/she went out of his/her way to keep to the religious symbolism of the whole statue with balancing a worry of its fragile nature. The creator obviously took the time and effort to create the wards within showing his/her belief they could protect the angel from breaking since as pointed out they would never be seen unless it was broken. So I ask your honor, why bother, why the extra effort, but for an actual belief the creator had in the wards to protect the statue.

I rest my case.

G137

- Ghost137 4mula -

To reach the 'Witching Hour' start at 24:59:59 + .01 Then Add: -.01(10)-9 till: -00.00.00 < -00.59.59 + (-.01) Add: .01(10)-9 or be lost forever.

#42 PumpkinWraith

PumpkinWraith

1D's #1 Fan

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,025 posts
  • Interests:Mainly my family and chatting to and getting to know the many good friends I've made here over the years. I love Rock, Metal and alternative music as well as having a profound interest in the paranormal.

Posted 29 April 2010 - 02:19 AM

QUOTE(ghost137 @ Apr 29 2010, 07:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Objection your honor!

You cannot rule until both sides are finished.

Though ODC makes several circumstantial observations. He has not provided any proof to the to back his claim.

His whole case is based on assuming the creator had innocent intentions and he has yet to provide proof. ODC states they resemble European dragons but has not provided a reason for why they were in the angel.

The dragons were molded into the angel which shows obvious above average purpose they were not just randomly stuffed in. ODC has not provided the reason for the extra time or effort the creator went to to mold them within.

Weather for good or for ill it seems obvious that the creator purposely molded the creatures within the statue for some purpose. Even if for weight the creator chose these statues for a reason. No evidence for good purpose has been provided. The best answer so far provided for none mystical purposes is boredom or weight. To say there is no connection between the angel and the dragon/demons in creation make no sense. It is a statement requiring us to believe that the creator did not care about his figurine. There is no evidence to that rational provided by ODC.

That being said... Having taking a much closer look at the pictures provided believe I have found a connection between the Christmas angel and the dragons.

On closer observation I notice the close resemblance of the third dragon that rests sleeping still within the angel to Gothic Dragon statues that guard cathedrals ramparts. I believe, though I cannot prove it, that the creator placed the gargoyle dragons within the christmas angel, to guard the inside of the angel. In a clever play of artistry. worried that the angel would be to fragile if left empty, molded the guardain dragons within, to give it density and weight to protect its fragle nature.

So in conclusion. the creator combined both artistic mystical belief with his/her need to add weight and density for the protection of the christmas angel and stayed within the confines of the church beliefs about symbols of internal protection of sacride items and places, thus using the well known symbols of gothic statues, namely dragons. The connection is both can be found at a church, which means a religious connections.

Your honor I'm asking you repeal your previous decision, and find that the creator obviously did have the intention to provide a mystical protection to the angel, though for good purpose, not for evil, he/she went out of his/her way to keep to the religious symbolism of the whole statue with balancing a worry of its fragile nature. The creator obviously took the time and effort to create the wards within showing his/her belief they could protect the angel from breaking since as pointed out they would never be seen unless it was broken. So I ask your honor, why bother, why the extra effort, but for an actual belief the creator had in the wards to protect the statue.

I rest my case.

G137

Wow!!  Picture 483.gif

This is a great argument...smile.gif

The Aliens said I could take a friend next time. Apply below ......but no mad people!

I Posted Image One Direction. Harry 4Ever!

#43 Ms. Tify

Ms. Tify

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my family, art, scrapbooking, listening to loud music, reading, photography, writing, are you still reading this? Seriously?

Posted 29 April 2010 - 02:34 AM

Thanks to the original poster for providing us a unique topic to discuss!

Here is a possibility of what happened, the first angel to come of the production line tipped over due to it being top heavy.  Since most companies like to save money and reuse materials, they probably saved the little dragon figures from an earlier pour.  Maybe they were rejects because they weren't up to standards.  Anyway, perhaps they were the only figurines that fit in the angel mold.

I am sure the original maker of this particular figurine didn't think the angel would one day break and spill out the little dragons inside.  (Then be discussed on a paranormal forum).  Also, not everyone is Christian.  The person who made this might not even have a clue that dragons stuffed into an angel would be weird.

It all comes down to perspective.  To me, dragons are lucky.  Three of them would mean your luck is three-fold.  How great is that?  It's all how you look at it.
Life's a match in a gas tank, don't ever mourn the ebbing tide, just dance on fire and enjoy the ride.

#44 ghost137

ghost137

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal Researcher.
    Writer, Artist, Explorer.

Specialties:
    Ancient Myths, Afterlife, Time Travel.

Odd Interests:
    Codes, Ciphers, Physics.

Posted 29 April 2010 - 11:34 AM

QUOTE(Ms. Tify @ Apr 29 2010, 03:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks to the original poster for providing us a unique topic to discuss!

Here is a possibility of what happened, the first angel to come of the production line tipped over due to it being top heavy.  Since most companies like to save money and reuse materials, they probably saved the little dragon figures from an earlier pour.  Maybe they were rejects because they weren't up to standards.  Anyway, perhaps they were the only figurines that fit in the angel mold.

I am sure the original maker of this particular figurine didn't think the angel would one day break and spill out the little dragons inside.  (Then be discussed on a paranormal forum).  Also, not everyone is Christian.  The person who made this might not even have a clue that dragons stuffed into an angel would be weird.

It all comes down to perspective.  To me, dragons are lucky.  Three of them would mean your luck is three-fold.  How great is that?  It's all how you look at it.

Objection your honor...

I call the billion or so people and children that every year for dec. 25th place a Christmas angel upon the top of a tree, as witnesses. To say there is no knowledge of the meaning or religious symbolism of a christmas angel is truly misleading. It's like saying the Budda is just a jolly fat man with no religious purpose.

I do doubt that the creator did know one day that we would be discussing his/her creation on this board, but that is irrelevant to the placement of the dragons.

The dragons were not just stuffed in, they fit to the inside of the statue which requires a special mold and extra effort.

Your honor there is no proof that the creator did not care about his/her work. Only proof that extra time and effort would be needed to place them within, and leave them within in a way that the owner would never know of there existence unless it was broken.

There is a correlation between the christmas angel and the dragons as I have pointed out and I would even go so far as to add ms. tify's testimony to the fact she believes in the symbolism of a trinity as luck, but also point out the trinity has significance to the church also.

I am not religious your honor. I have no stake in promoting the church, but when presented with placing myself within the shoes of the statues creator, there are undeniable clues to the creators intentions that we cannot ignore just to ease the conscious of our own laziness. To say the artist had no want or care about the symbolism of his/her work or took the extra time to sculpt the inside as well as the outside is more of a reflection our own work ethic, and should not be placed upon the work ethics of others. Meaning is placed upon hundreds of thousands of statues around the world, why should we deny this statues creator its meaning just because it seems small in compared to others.

Your honor even the smallest piece of work, a child's drawing on a piece of paper has meaning, and if something so small can have meaning, why not this?

G137

- Ghost137 4mula -

To reach the 'Witching Hour' start at 24:59:59 + .01 Then Add: -.01(10)-9 till: -00.00.00 < -00.59.59 + (-.01) Add: .01(10)-9 or be lost forever.

#45 trin

trin

Alien

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,571 posts
  • Interests:photography, art, ghost stories (particularly first hand), history, Asia, origami, fiber arts/crafts. http://www.zibbet.com/trinlayk

Posted 29 April 2010 - 03:24 PM

also keep in mind that this isn't a One Of a Kind piece of artwork, but rather mass produced (probably in China) in a factory.

the people on the production line might never see or talk to the original sculptor, their job is just to produce thousands of identical things, possibly solving some production/design issues along the way.  

this angel statue was cast and may be several steps away from the original sculpture.
If the factory is in someplace like China, Pakistan, etc...  there is a strong likelihood that the people on the production line only see the angel as a "Mythic being" with no more significance than that. (recalling an article, where a in particular factory producing seasonal holiday items the workers were interviewed and were a little bit mystified by what they were making. In August they were making Halloween items, In October making Christmas stuff, in December making Valentines decorations.... to them it was just molded plastic. )

So yes, boredom, and weight issues are more likely as you need to look at this as a MASS PRODUCED INDUSTRIAL item, and not as a one-of-a-kind artwork.

What if the figures on the inside were kittens? or babies? would there still be the sense of frisson, finding them in the broken figure.

ON the other tentacle, there are two states of Buddha statues, (In all cases, the statue is JUST a statue)... one of which is a "consecrated" specially blessed statue, that often/usually has specific symbolic treasures sealed inside. (It's actually fairly easy to identify the statues that have had this done, as the statue itself is hollow, but will have the opening at the bottom sealed up and often have a kind of glyph or symbol embossed in the material of the seal. (The particular sign will vary from place to place, a statue from Nepal might have one kind of symbol in the seal, a statue from Thailand will have a different symbol. )

This is CLEARLY not that sort of thing.  It's also not an example of a hollow figurine being utilized for smuggling.

Edited by trin, 29 April 2010 - 03:27 PM.

#46 kygirl7399

kygirl7399

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 38 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 05:17 PM

QUOTE(Ms. Tify @ Apr 29 2010, 06:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks to the original poster for providing us a unique topic to discuss!Here is a possibility of what happened, the first angel to come of the production line tipped over due to it being top heavy.  Since most companies like to save money and reuse materials, they probably saved the little dragon figures from an earlier pour.  Maybe they were rejects because they weren't up to standards.  Anyway, perhaps they were the only figurines that fit in the angel mold.I am sure the original maker of this particular figurine didn't think the angel would one day break and spill out the little dragons inside.  (Then be discussed on a paranormal forum).  Also, not everyone is Christian.  The person who made this might not even have a clue that dragons stuffed into an angel would be weird.It all comes down to perspective.  To me, dragons are lucky.  Three of them would mean your luck is three-fold.  How great is that?  It's all how you look at it.
LOL.. I didn't realize it would start such a great discussion when I posted these.   They are unusual, regardless of whether they are dragons or "demons"   From a Christian perspective, its borderline blasphemy to have whatever these things are inside an angels womb, but if they are dragons.. the manufacturer may have been wanting to bring "good luck" to the buyer.  Who knows... but I have held and saw them first hand and they are weird if u ask me.
QUOTE(PumpkinWraith-UK @ Apr 29 2010, 06:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow!!  Picture 483.gif This is a great argument...smile.gif
My little ole angel figurine causin so much discussion...love it... see.. this is why I posted them to begin with... to try to get all opinions on the matter.  Regardless... it is WEIRD.
"non timebo mala"

#47 Roxstar

Roxstar

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts
  • Interests:The paranormal, ghost and after life research, family, music, science, video games. I am mostly into EVP but also love to use spirit boxes and other forms of communication. It's a true passion of mine, more than a hobby.

Posted 29 April 2010 - 06:05 PM

QUOTE(kygirl7399 @ Apr 29 2010, 06:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LOL.. I didn't realize it would start such a great discussion when I posted these.   They are unusual, regardless of whether they are dragons or "demons"   From a Christian perspective, its borderline blasphemy to have whatever these things are inside an angels womb, but if they are dragons.. the manufacturer may have been wanting to bring "good luck" to the buyer.  Who knows... but I have held and saw them first hand and they are weird if u ask me.My little ole angel figurine causin so much discussion...love it... see.. this is why I posted them to begin with... to try to get all opinions on the matter.  Regardless... it is WEIRD.

If angels only had wombs.... to my understanding, they aren't human, and they don't breed... so blasphemy on the matter is not what the people in the company were likely going for. It is a very strange thing though, I have to admit, but still unexplained. All we can really do is rationalize smile.gif

"What Scares You, Masters You."

-UNKNOWN-

#48 czoom

czoom

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 08:28 AM

hahahahahaa funny thread

#49 mainemom207

mainemom207

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts
  • Interests:History of places, haunted or not..
    Love cooking and making new things and new recipes are always fun! And well.. Love Cemeteries and Folklore and Love to hear of the History of the United States as well as Abroad.. which has a vast history all by itself!

Posted 02 May 2010 - 08:28 PM

Well I think the little dragons are cute! Though in a Christmas Angel little creepy but hey I love both.. Dragons and Angels..
I went to the site only open to register if you are a dealer and business owner etc... so found a couple of places that do sell their stuff and all are stating uniquely designed.. so who knows what to think...
Interesting thread though.. looks like you have a lot of answers, arguments and discussion smile.gif
Interested in spirits and the history of places..
Peace and Blessings, Lynne'

Posted Image

#50 Firewolf Ironriver

Firewolf Ironriver

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 224 posts
  • Interests:my intrest include dirty vocals, drumming. music and the goddess thats my life nothing more nothing less. after i finish my medium training i want to go on to join a team of paranormal investagators and help those who need guidance or need a spirit cleansing or maybe just to see if someone has passed on that is my souls calling.

Posted 05 May 2010 - 10:30 PM

QUOTE(kygirl7399 @ Apr 26 2010, 11:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
After posting these pics for discussion on Facebook, a friend of mine had read that when witches wanted to place a curse on someone they would "hide" these types of figures, and if the person found them, they had to be destroyed a certain way.    Also I failed to mention.... when you position the "dragons" back they way they were when they were intact, look like they are having sex with each other.  I have more photos... if you want me to email them... give me you're email and i'll send.  smile.gif

i have never heard of such a thing confused0068.gif  witches revear the dragon as if it where a god to do such a thing would mean angering the spirit of water!! the dragon is a symbol of water and protection. if a witch were to do this i think they are either stupid or looking for karma to kick them in the face.
im certian this was just some guy wanting a few laughs and threw some dragons in a mold.
peace light and blessings,
FireWolf.
peace, light, and bright blessings
FW.

#51 kygirl7399

kygirl7399

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 38 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 07:15 AM

I agree.. I don't think its anything set out to curse anyone.. but still strange nonetheless.   They would have never been seen unless the angel had been broken..
"non timebo mala"

#52 Firewolf Ironriver

Firewolf Ironriver

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 224 posts
  • Interests:my intrest include dirty vocals, drumming. music and the goddess thats my life nothing more nothing less. after i finish my medium training i want to go on to join a team of paranormal investagators and help those who need guidance or need a spirit cleansing or maybe just to see if someone has passed on that is my souls calling.

Posted 06 May 2010 - 12:43 PM

hmm sure is an interesting piece though. kinda wierd i know i would be a little freaked then i just remember the dragon means us no harm.
also to my knowledge(not totally sure here) but i think the curse would have intensefied after being discovered. though i know little to none about dark magick i like to stay away from it not my cup of tea haha. wouldnt it be strange if the creator of the statue where to read this i bet he would pee himself laughing i know i would haha.
peace and blessings,
FW
peace, light, and bright blessings
FW.

#53 PhEoNiX79

PhEoNiX79

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 35 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 07:28 AM

This topic is still going on??? I thought we pretty much covered it saying that it is unusual but, its nothing to be worried about or scared of... lol
blink.gif blink.gif

#54 Peasblossom

Peasblossom

EVP

• GS Member
  • 77 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 01:20 PM

awwwww...they are so sweet!!!!  Do you still have them? can I adopt the sleepy one?!?!  innocent0005.gif
edited cause I cant spell

Edited by Peasblossom, 08 June 2010 - 01:21 PM.

#55 lorddraven2000

lorddraven2000

Extra Terrestrial

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,165 posts
  • Interests:I am director of Dravenstar Paranormal research Team out of eastern Kentucky. I have over 10 years of research under me. Other than paranormal work I dabble in writing and am also a very accomplished bass player.

Posted 08 June 2010 - 03:16 PM

I was also leaning toward weight. It is still very interesting. kygirl where are you from in Ky, I am in Floyd County.

#56 kygirl7399

kygirl7399

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 38 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 02:38 PM

QUOTE(Peasblossom @ Jun 8 2010, 05:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
awwwww...they are so sweet!!!!  Do you still have them? can I adopt the sleepy one?!?!  :innocent0005:edited cause I cant spell
Jim at Ghoststudy has them now... smile.gif
QUOTE(lorddraven2000 @ Jun 8 2010, 07:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was also leaning toward weight. It is still very interesting. kygirl where are you from in Ky, I am in Floyd County.
Lexington, bf is from Magoffin.. isnt that near you?
"non timebo mala"

#57 petunia4998

petunia4998

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 801 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 02:43 PM

Jim has them now?  Wow, he must have a fascinating collection.  I'd love to see all the things he has.  bunny.gif

#58 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,191 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 10:17 PM

Concerning the Angel figurine and the interesting cargo within...

I did find the story and pictures that were sent to me fascinating. So because of my great interest, I ended up making an offer to purchase the pieces for study and research. Thank you again, Kygirl7399!

To tell you the truth, I had talked to a researcher friend and he advised me to send it to him without opening the package, which I did. I have only heard from him once thus far and interestingly enough, he feels there is no threat or harmful intent. But he wanted to keep the package until he can learn more. I agreed and I hope to hear from him soon on the matter. However, he's a procrastinator, so it may be awhile.

I do look forward to seeing the contents but in the meantime, I will do my own research. I have very much enjoyed the comments and theories on this thread. It has actually given me much to think about and serves as a good foundation for my own research. So thank you all!

When my own conclusions are reached, I will post the complete story on the main page for all to read.

I thank all of you for everything you have shared and please feel free to share anything else that you feel may be relevant. I'll be watching!

And thanks again to Kygirl7399 for trusting me with such a fascinating piece or should I say, pieces. smile.gif

#59 petunia4998

petunia4998

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 801 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 12:22 PM

Jim, if I may ask, what kind of quality would an object have to possess that would cause you to add it to your collection?  bunny.gif

#60 kygirl7399

kygirl7399

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 38 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 02:32 PM

QUOTE(Jim@GhostStudy @ Jul 8 2010, 02:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Concerning the Angel figurine and the interesting cargo within...

I did find the story and pictures that were sent to me fascinating. So because of my great interest, I ended up making an offer to purchase the pieces for study and research. Thank you again, Kygirl7399!

To tell you the truth, I had talked to a researcher friend and he advised me to send it to him without opening the package, which I did. I have only heard from him once thus far and interestingly enough, he feels there is no threat or harmful intent. But he wanted to keep the package until he can learn more. I agreed and I hope to hear from him soon on the matter. However, he's a procrastinator, so it may be awhile.

I do look forward to seeing the contents but in the meantime, I will do my own research. I have very much enjoyed the comments and theories on this thread. It has actually given me much to think about and serves as a good foundation for my own research. So thank you all!

When my own conclusions are reached, I will post the complete story on the main page for all to read.

I thank all of you for everything you have shared and please feel free to share anything else that you feel may be relevant. I'll be watching!

And thanks again to Kygirl7399 for trusting me with such a fascinating piece or should I say, pieces. smile.gif

Thanks Jim, I am looking forward to hearing what you find out... smile.gif
"non timebo mala"