• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Haunted_House_Gall_05

Haunted_House_Gall_05

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 148 posts
  • Interests:Music , art , Writing and the paranormal .

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:13 AM

Hello there,

I've been a member of ghost study since I was about 14 years old, I'm now 22. I haven't been on the site in a long time because I suppose I haven't really experienced anything in a long time. I had experiences from 5-16 but I have had nothing paranormal happen to me since. I was just wondering if this has happened to other people? If I'm being honest I'm not sure I'd want to see anything again, since it was pretty terrifying for me in a lot of ways. I guess the only thing I can think of is I have either closed myself off now or I was mildly psychotic for about 11 years haha! I know what I saw was real but its very interesting how I was affected for such a long time and then suddenly- nothing.

Thanks!
Haunted_House_Gal_05 :crazy:
Where is the cow
Hidden right now.

#2 moiraesfate

moiraesfate

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,436 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:26 PM

I think its possible to grow out of it.

#3 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:10 PM

Younger people (as you have probably heard) are able to see things that adults cannot.  I'm not sure if that goes for teenagers, but I guess it does in your case.
Posted Image

#4 Ghuoest

Ghuoest

Daemon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  • Interests:Waiting for the Great Pumpkin

Posted 15 June 2013 - 04:46 AM

Not to scare you away or anything, but discussing it might open yourself up again. With that said, who's to say if it was actually you? Things could happen without you having any abilities.

#5 CDS

CDS

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 05:35 AM

View PostNightWalker_07, on 14 June 2013 - 08:10 PM, said:

Younger people (as you have probably heard) are able to see things that adults cannot.  I'm not sure if that goes for teenagers, but I guess it does in your case.

Yes, intent is the key that opens doors...

#6 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 15 June 2013 - 10:09 AM

View PostCDS, on 15 June 2013 - 05:35 AM, said:

Yes, intent is the key that opens doors...

Hi CDS.  I'm not sure I follow you..
Posted Image

#7 CDS

CDS

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 03:04 AM

Senior moment NightWalker... meant to quote Ghuoest

View PostGhuoest, on 15 June 2013 - 04:46 AM, said:

Not to scare you away or anything, but discussing it might open yourself up again.

and state: intent is the key that opens doors...  ^_^

#8 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 05:06 PM

View PostCDS, on 16 June 2013 - 03:04 AM, said:

Senior moment NightWalker... meant to quote Ghuoest

and state: intent is the key that opens doors...  ^_^

Ah, gotcha.  I don't know why I didn't get that the first time lol
Posted Image

#9 mookie427

mookie427

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 269 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:27 AM

I've not had anything personally happen to me for about a year and a half, nor has anything happened to anyone else here in that time. I guess things come and go in waves, we tended to get a fair bit of activity fairly quickly then it'd calm down again, but there does seem to be a long dry spell at the moment.

#10 Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*

Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:08 PM

I think it's entirely possible to out grow it, for lack of better terminology. I believe that as children we are able to see spirits because children's minds don't know any better. It's the adults in our lives that tell us "don't be silly, there's no such things as ghosts!" The adults in our lives de-condition us to being open to spirits,

#11 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:12 PM

View PostHelenaHandBaskettGStudy, on 18 June 2013 - 02:08 PM, said:

I think it's entirely possible to out grow it, for lack of better terminology. I believe that as children we are able to see spirits because children's minds don't know any better. It's the adults in our lives that tell us "don't be silly, there's no such things as ghosts!" The adults in our lives de-condition us to being open to spirits,

If kids knew this, they would be calling us liars when we say there are no such things as ghosts lol

Edited by NightWalker_07, 18 June 2013 - 08:13 PM.

Posted Image

#12 Ghuoest

Ghuoest

Daemon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  • Interests:Waiting for the Great Pumpkin

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:12 AM

View PostNightWalker_07, on 18 June 2013 - 08:12 PM, said:

If kids knew this, they would be calling us liars when we say there are no such things as ghosts lol

They'd be right too! :tomato2:

#13 Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*

Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 June 2013 - 05:53 PM

View PostNightWalker_07, on 18 June 2013 - 08:12 PM, said:

Or Santa, the Tooth Fairy and the Easter Bunny! ;)

#14 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:06 PM

I have a funny tooth fairy story... and don't get ahead of me on this one guys lol

I was 6 years old and my mom went to try to put money under my pillow for my tooth without waking me up.  She opened the door a little too loudly, and I awoke to see money in her hand.  I was then aware that the tooth fairy did not exist, and that part of my childhood went away a little too early lol
Posted Image

#15 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 05:22 PM

I think sometimes things simply calm down.  They fade and go away on their own.  We had a wild ride for a few years here, but I think it just faded out.  In the earlier years, if we did any work on the house, look out!  Things would get ridiculous.  But now, we are doing some remodleing, and all is calm.

I do think that it is possible that whatever is making trouble and hanging around can simply decide to move on.

#16 Icanhearyou

Icanhearyou

EVP

• GS Member
  • 91 posts
  • Interests:Mediums, Haunted Houses, EVP's, Ghosts, TV shows about ghosts. Not really all that interested when it comes to UFO's and Bigfoot.

Posted 15 July 2013 - 12:21 AM

I have also noticed through the years that I experience 'waves' of activity also. For the last 4 months or so, I haven't seen, heard, or felt anything. Now, it is starting up again and I'm seeing apparitions. Sometimes they're black or white shadows and sometimes, they are full bodied. The strangest part of it all, is that I usually only hear them not see them. I have no explanation for it, it's just completely random.
"Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night." Edgar Allen Poe

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ghosts, paranormal

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users