• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 henry20

henry20

Demon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 658 posts
  • Interests:Soccer, ghosts, videogames,rollerblading, snowboarding and birds!

Posted 06 February 2006 - 06:30 PM

hey guys,
I figured out why i'm having dificulty astral projecting, I need to do better at meditating, mainly clearing my mind...i'm starting to do a few exercises to help clear my mind that I know off the top of my head. Just wondering if anyone has any tips or advice to help me do this?
thanks,
henry
IPB Image
ghosthunter/gamer

#2 SoulfulWondering

SoulfulWondering

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 521 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal existence, theatre, movies (horror flicks are my favorite), books, art, partying with friends

Posted 06 February 2006 - 07:55 PM

Henry, I'm actually having a similar issue. I've been trying to meditate, but my mind can't seem to keep focused. When I'm supposed to think of something, like a beach or a house, I can't make up my mind and I end up thinking too much. I'd love to know how to deal with that too! biggrin.gif

PSN ID: Athenamica
"The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing."
~Albert Einstein~

#3 LadyTimeLord

LadyTimeLord

Demon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 10:49 PM

I as well would like some help with this problem. I cannot remain focused on one thing when I try to hold an image in my mind in my attempts to meditate.

I dream I'm this adventurer. This daredevil, a madman. The Doctor, I'm called. And last night, I dreamt that you were there. As my companion.
~
He's like fire and ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun. He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe. And... he's wonderful
~
People assume that time is a strict progression of cause-of-effect...but actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly...timey-wimey...stuff.

#4 earthlydelites

earthlydelites

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 12:09 AM

I often find it easier to meditate with guided meditation tapes, or just relaxation music smile.gif

It's in the trees, it's coming!

#5 RavenWing82

RavenWing82

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 05:13 AM

I would like some meditating tips aswell.  I find it so hard to clear my mind and focus on one thing.
Posted Image

"We are not human beings on a spiritual jouney. We are spiritual beings on a human journey."
-Stephen R. Covey

#6 Marzo

Marzo

Demon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts
  • Interests:Evps , photography, web graphics , magic , luner phases ...

Posted 07 February 2006 - 05:28 AM

If you lay on your back , or in a chair in a "lay back" kinda position , place your arms next to you with your hands turned upwards . Then close your eyes , start off by concentrating on your breathing and slowing it down , let all muscles relax , starting from your head  , working your way down to your toes , this part takes the longest , wich is supossed to relax you . Imagine only one area every time you meditate , youll get to know it better like this if you always think of the same safe place for you , it will be like a going home type feeling everytime you enter , Its hard to stay focused at first , but eventually with practice , you should be fine .

#7 Augustine

Augustine

Escaped Lunatic

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,566 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 10:58 PM

Marzo, I will keep that method in mind.  I've been looking for a relaxation technique to help me whenever I have insomnia (when listening to a tape wouldn't exactly be the best option).  Thanks!   smile.gif

Kate

#8 MickiBell

MickiBell

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 119 posts
  • Interests:Psychology, parapsychology, people...most days :)

Posted 08 February 2006 - 05:03 AM

I have heard...that it's better not to try so hard to block out thoughts, but to let them come and go and wane a bit on their own. sounds reasonable..

#9 LunaEclipse

LunaEclipse

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 210 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 08:02 AM

QUOTE(MickiBell @ Feb 8 2006, 05:03 AM) View Post

I have heard...that it's better not to try so hard to block out thoughts, but to let them come and go and wane a bit on their own. sounds reasonable..

I've heard the same as well.

user posted image

#10 SoulfulWondering

SoulfulWondering

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 521 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal existence, theatre, movies (horror flicks are my favorite), books, art, partying with friends

Posted 09 February 2006 - 01:04 PM

QUOTE(earthlydelites @ Feb 7 2006, 12:09 AM) View Post

I often find it easier to meditate with guided meditation tapes, or just relaxation music smile.gif

I agree, however I haven't found a tape with someone who has a "soothing" voice. After a minute or two, I can't listen to someone who has a Ben Stein voice or something along those lines....
Any ideas for a good one?
Also, I'm so going to try the candle exercise. I was once hypnotized and she said I'm a perfect canidate for it, and meditation too! Yet I can't concentrate unless there is someone telling me to do so. biggrin.gif

PSN ID: Athenamica
"The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing."
~Albert Einstein~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users