55 replies to this topic

#1 Dman

Dman

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 219 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 08:56 AM

This is no joke at all. Everything I post is the truth and the truth here is that we both heard(my dad and I) a very weird sound happen right before an enemy grunted. This was taken from a larger video. We found no sound like this in any of the .ogg files. It sounds like an old man making a strange sound and it didn't match up with how the game sound was programmed as surround, it stayed straight center even when I turned around. I think it might have been a spirit trying to communicate through my laptop mic and speakers. We were just using my laptop's internal mic but we both heard it through the speakers and it got recorded onto the footage below. What do you guys think? Is this my first EVP? I would never make anything up, I am completely against that.This is the reason I signed up in the first place. If the video doesn't show then look me up as "touhouguyll", it should be my newest upload. I think I'm not allowed to post urls in here as well.

https://www.youtube....h?v=uRHsEwuJsZY

Edited by Dman, 07 May 2016 - 09:17 AM.

#2 Vlawde

Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,703 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 07 May 2016 - 09:05 AM

No video link. But I'd chalk it up to a game or hardware glitch before I would think it's a ghost
Posted Image

#3 Dman

Dman

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 219 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 09:13 AM

View PostVlawdeGStudy, on 07 May 2016 - 09:05 AM, said:

No video link. But I'd chalk it up to a game or hardware glitch before I would think it's a ghost

I put the link up.

#4 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 9,633 posts
  • Interests:Enjoy good people and wholesome activities.

Posted 07 May 2016 - 09:37 AM

I hear one or more kids in the background then the creepy sound. I'm supposing there were kids in the room. The other seems more like a sound effect than a ghost to me, but still creepy. Are you sure there were no sound affects similar to that in the game?
Posted Image
Check out the GhostStudy.com "YouTube Channel!" Click here

#5 Dman

Dman

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 219 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 09:44 AM

View PostJim@GhostStudy, on 07 May 2016 - 09:37 AM, said:

I hear one or more kids in the background then the creepy sound. I'm supposing there were kids in the room. The other seems more like a sound effect than a ghost to me, but still creepy. Are you sure there were no sound affects similar to that in the game?
Nope, it was around 2 in the morning and it was just my Dad and I. I don't want any other voice besides just us us two's We both heard it come out of the laptop speakers and we then checked all of the current game version sounds and found nothing. That is the strange part. Yes, the grunt part was a sound in the game but the other sound was straight mono.

#6 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 9,633 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 10:08 AM

Oh, that is creepy then. :o And you both seem genuinely surprised at the giggling child.
Maybe someone here on the forums can play around with it and possibly make it even more discernible.
Interesting capture, Dman
Posted Image

#7 Dman

Dman

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 219 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 10:15 AM

View PostJim@GhostStudy, on 07 May 2016 - 10:08 AM, said:

Oh, that is creepy then. :o And you both seem genuinely surprised at the giggling child.
Maybe someone here on the forums can play around with it and possibly make it even more discernible.
Interesting capture, Dman

I don't hear a giggling child which is funny. It sounds like an old man making a sound with the back of his throat.

#8 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 9,633 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 10:23 AM

You're probably right, Dman... but that's just how I hear it. Great capture though!
Posted Image

#9 Dman

Dman

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 219 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 10:27 AM

View PostJim@GhostStudy, on 07 May 2016 - 10:23 AM, said:

You're probably right, Dman... but that's just how I hear it. Great capture though!

Thanks! I was also at a friend's house who practices metaphysics and his house is haunted. I capture orbs there all the time so maybe a spirit followed me home since I live three houses down :confused:

#10 EVP

EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,338 posts
  • Interests:photography, anomalous audio recordings & enigmas.

Posted 07 May 2016 - 12:01 PM

View PostDman, on 07 May 2016 - 08:56 AM, said:

This is no joke at all. Everything I post is the truth and the truth here is that we both heard(my dad and I) a very weird sound happen right before an enemy grunted. This was taken from a larger video. We found no sound like this in any of the .ogg files. It sounds like an old man making a strange sound and it didn't match up with how the game sound was programmed as surround, it stayed straight center even when I turned around. I think it might have been a spirit trying to communicate through my laptop mic and speakers. We were just using my laptop's internal mic but we both heard it through the speakers and it got recorded onto the footage below. What do you guys think? Is this my first EVP? I would never make anything up, I am completely against that.This is the reason I signed up in the first place. If the video doesn't show then look me up as "touhouguyll", it should be my newest upload. I think I'm not allowed to post urls in here as well.

https://www.youtube....h?v=uRHsEwuJsZY

I have converted the video file into a PCM Wav file at 48,000 Hz/16-bit Stereo, isolated the anomaly, edited, restored and back into a stereo mp3 file at 128 Kb/sec @ 48,000 Hz to save space. I then analyzed the file for frequency range. Keep in mind, I have looped the file 3 times to make it easier to listen to.
I concur with Jim that the childrens' voices at the start of the audio file should be deemed significant and the raspy, baritone sound should be discounted. The raspy sound is a hardware glitch. I totally agree with Vlawde's opinion and it's been validated by my frequency analysis.

For the record, analysis suggest the file exhibits "true" AVP (Aural Voice Phenomena) characteristics with flat, low frequency vocal banding at 187.5 Hz which is well below the human vocal range. AVP is seemingly far rarer than EVP.

Here's the isolated, edited, restored and analyzed and looped version. I also removed much of your mouse clicking.

Have a great day...

https://clyp.it/mprqvdda

Here is just the childrens voices isolated

https://clyp.it/gk2xvmev

If you're unable to download my edited version, PM me and I'd be more than willing to email it to you.

Edited by EVP, 07 May 2016 - 12:26 PM.

Posted Image
"Denial ain't just a river in Egypt" - Mark Twain

#11 Dman

Dman

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 219 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 12:09 PM

View PostEVP, on 07 May 2016 - 12:01 PM, said:

I have converted this into a mp3 file from the video, isolated the anomaly, edited, restored and analyzed the file. Keep in mind, I have looped the file 3 times to make it easier to listen to.
I concur with Jim that the childrens' voices at the start of the audio file should be the one noted and the raspy, baritone sound should be discounted. The raspy sound is a hardware glitch originally suggested by Vlawde and validated by my frequency analysis.

For the record, analysis suggest the file exhibits "true" AVP (Aural Voice Phenomena) characteristics with flat, low frequency vocal banding at 187.5 Hz which is well below the human vocal range. AVP is seemingly far rarer than EVP.

Here's the isolated, edited, restored and analyzed and looped version. I also removed much of your mouse clicking.

Have a great day...

So you think it's genuine?

#12 EVP

EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 12:28 PM

Yes I do according to the frequency response and flat vocal banding. My analysis concludes you have a genuine AVP.

In case you missed it, I also uploaded the "childrens voices" isolated looped 3 times as well. It's now posted below the first one.

Edited by EVP, 07 May 2016 - 12:30 PM.

Posted Image

#13 Dman

Dman

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 219 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 12:32 PM

View PostEVP, on 07 May 2016 - 12:28 PM, said:

Yes I do according to the frequency response and flat vocal banding. My analysis concludes you have a genuine AVP.

In case you missed it, I also uploaded the "childrens voices" isolated looped 3 times as well. It's now posted below the first one.

And you think the children's voices caused the hardware glitch?

#14 EVP

EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 12:34 PM

No I don't....disregard the hardware glitch...it's unimportant IMO. I will say that these "glitches" so to speak sometimes find their way into the ending or the start of the files. Some speculate, that it's a breakthrough from the otherside. I'm not willing to commit to that analogy though.

Edited by EVP, 07 May 2016 - 12:47 PM.

Posted Image

#15 Louczar

Louczar

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • Interests:WOW, our dogs and hanging with good people!

Posted 07 May 2016 - 12:35 PM

View PostEVP, on 07 May 2016 - 12:28 PM, said:

very cool!
Just because you have one....doesn't mean you have to act like one - Louczar
Life is short, enjoy it!

#16 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 9,633 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 12:49 PM

My bottom jaw just dropped to the floor... you are so amazing with your skills, EVP!  ;)
I didn't comprehend some of your advanced techniques in your description, but thanks for editing. isolating, restoring and changing it to 48,000 Hz and all the other stuff you did that I don't understand. ......very cool my friend. :)
Posted Image

#17 EVP

EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 12:52 PM

Thanks Jim, I had a good mentor back in 2006. I was fortunate to have him train me because shortly after he stopped offering altogether. It was because of the amount of time it consumed. He was taught my our last beloved pioneer Sarah Estep who founded the American Association of Electronic Voice Phenomena.

Edited by EVP, 07 May 2016 - 12:54 PM.

Posted Image

#18 Dman

Dman

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 219 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 01:29 PM

View PostEVP, on 07 May 2016 - 12:01 PM, said:

I have converted the video file into a PCM Wav file at 48,000 Hz/16-bit Stereo, isolated the anomaly, edited, restored and back into a stereo mp3 file at 128 Kb/sec @ 48,000 Hz to save space. I then analyzed the file for frequency range. Keep in mind, I have looped the file 3 times to make it easier to listen to.
I concur with Jim that the childrens' voices at the start of the audio file should be deemed significant and the raspy, baritone sound should be discounted. The raspy sound is a hardware glitch. I totally agree with Vlawde's opinion and it's been validated by my frequency analysis.

Have a great day...

Here is just the childrens voices isolated

If you're unable to download my edited version, PM me and I'd be more than willing to email it to you.
I cannot download it or send you a PM. Can you send the clip to me via mail please?

#19 EVP

EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 02:53 PM

I've added you as a friend on the board and I've sent you a personal message with my email address. I would have attached it here and/or in a PM on the board but it exceeds the file size. If you still can't get in touch with me via email, just reply in this thread again and we'll sort it out.

Edited by EVP, 07 May 2016 - 02:58 PM.

Posted Image

#20 Vlawde

Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • 11,703 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 07 May 2016 - 02:54 PM

Hmmmmm...links work for me. Too bad I can't play audio here at work! :D