Ooohh..LURKERS! Never mind!
Posted Image

#102 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

The Official GhostStudy Easter Bunny

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,740 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 11 May 2018 - 10:40 PM

:New:

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

Posted Image

My Shop

#103 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,229 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 07:40 AM

I would just like to reiterate and send out a (((Hello to all our lurking friends ))))
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#104 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 09 June 2018 - 02:24 PM

Hi Matt, hope you're enjoying the boards! Welcome :D
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#105 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,229 posts

Posted 25 April 2019 - 03:52 AM

I noticed we had a lot of guests viewing the forum in the last few days. It is always nice to see! Let's hope some might want to become members and share their stories with us soon :yes:
Posted Image

#106 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,740 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 26 April 2019 - 09:41 AM

I hope so. As of late, it's been so quiet here.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

Posted Image

My Shop

#107 siguie

siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 26 April 2019 - 06:08 PM

View PostKlaineyGStudy, on 25 April 2019 - 03:52 AM, said:

I noticed we had a lot of guests viewing the forum in the last few days. It is always nice to see! Let's hope some might want to become members and share their stories with us soon :yes:

Um yeeaaaah ... the next time you see 100+ guests visiting within 30 minutes you maybe oughta take a look at the IP addresses :whistling:

For the most part they will be bots, especially iffen you see Google and/or Bing visiting :yes:  They frequently come in a swarm BUT you will see only one Bing or Google being listed. I restrict google and bing to 10 simultaneous connections, because they are generally well behaved, other bots get 5 or less. I also completely block Baidu and a few other poorly behaved bots along with 100 to 200 new spambots per day :evil:

Anywho iffen ya want a better estimation of guests and users visiting see if Jime will show you the google analytics unique IP visits :bunny:
- siguie -

#108 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,229 posts

Posted 26 April 2019 - 11:26 PM

:hi: Not too sure siguie. I didn't have a look at the IP addresses.

I thought because there seems to be a lot of guests looking at different posts; we had a lot of guests.
Posted Image

#109 Ridgeki

Ridgeki

Apport

• GS Member
  • 70 posts
  • Interests:essay writting expert
    woman'ssoccer

Posted 27 April 2019 - 02:17 AM

I saw there were 108 members in the last 30 minutes but how do you see there ip addresses

#110 siguie

siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 27 April 2019 - 02:38 PM

You need to be a Dark Sider admin type to see IP addresses and or be gifted special powers to oppress the masses :yes:

However, somewherez in the administrative section there will also be an area to identify bots and assign names :yes: It's how you can see Google and Bing are visiting without them actually being members. The thang to remember is that bots are very very fast and can come in swarms like 10 googlebots at once each reading 10 pages, then depending on how a system defines a guest reading {like number of pages requested} there can appear to be many more visitors than they actually are.

On the plus side it makes it look like a forum is very popular especially if you change it to visitors per day instead of 30 minutes :yes: The downside is a lot of bots are email harvesters, spam/hack bots or just poorly constructed user agents AND they can eat up a lot of bandwidth and burn up CPU time.

Using a lot of bandwidth and CPU, especially on a shared system, slows everything down and acts like a DoS attack. Plus it can stress out your MySQL database and it really sucks having to rebuild a MySQL database when it borks on account of some dubious bot wasn't playing nice :angry:

Anywho don't worry ... the point I'm trying to make is the guest number isn't right :no: Jim said his google ads paid out about $6 a month, there are a lot of factors BUT that sounds like the 1k to 5k ballpark of unique IP addresses :yes: That's around 100 real peoplez per DAY not 30 minutes :no: Also that's purty good for a simple forum :yes:
- siguie -

#111 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,229 posts

Posted 27 April 2019 - 07:36 PM

Thanks for your Posted Image planations siguie. I learn something new every day Posted Image
Posted Image