Free Skins
© Fisana

Witches Hollow And Witch Of Tower Hill Rd?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Little Rhody

Little Rhody

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 34 posts
  • Interests:Snowboarding, surfing, paranormal

Posted 26 December 2019 - 08:19 AM

In Burrillville, RI near Bucks Hill is a place called "Witches Hollow". Supposedly it is haunted by a witch who was buried in a small graveyard there. If you say her name three times she will appear however no one knows her name. Anyone have info?

Tower Hill Rd in Cumberland/Woonsocket, RI is supposedly haunted by an interdimension witch that appears if you can maintain a speed of at least 35 MPH around a certain sharp curve. Anyone have more info?

Thank you.

#2 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

The Official GhostStudy Easter Bunny

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,380 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf (Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 26 December 2019 - 11:56 AM

The "Witches Hollow" woman is Mrs Bathsheba Thayer Sherman.

Mrs Bathsheba Thayer Sherman
Birth: 1812
Death: 25 May 1885 (aged 72–73)
Birth & Death Location: Burrillville, Providence County, Rhode Island, USA
Burial: Harrisville Cemetery
Cemetery Location: Burrillville, Providence County, Rhode Island, USA
Memorial ID: 59524410

Source: Find a Grave

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

Posted Image

My Shop

#3 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts
  • Interests:Digital Stills / Auditory Enigmas

Posted 26 December 2019 - 02:38 PM

Thanks for the handy detective work MAC :)

Seems there's some reference with the Warren's & The Conjuring at this location.

Some chaser group excerpt from YT from 2013 for those interested. I lasted about 2 minutes in :)

Here's a more critical analysis of the location.

https://dreamingcasu...ue-history.html

Reading through the above link, what haunting there might be seems to revolve around the house and not the grave site.This is fairly typical as most people don't live in graveyards throughout their lives and using the premise that energy embeds itself where one lives, one can speculate what energy may exist may in fact be the grieving of those who visit the graveyard to pay respects to their loved ones.

I'm not discounting that all graveyards don't possess activity. I've found in the last 10 years out of 300+ cemeteries investigated (when I first started out) that two of them had some strange happenings. Most consist of benign activity and it takes real diligence to find one that could be termed active. Regardless, I'm grateful that my roots pushed me to do outdoor locations at first. It allowed me to build a system and recognize more control could be found by indoor locations. Although, indoor locations take planning and patience.

Regartds to Little Rhody, Good to see you pop back into PS.

Edited by EVP, 26 December 2019 - 03:49 PM.

Posted Image

#4 Little Rhody

Little Rhody

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 34 posts
  • Interests:Snowboarding, surfing, paranormal

Posted 26 December 2019 - 06:03 PM

Yea, thanks Mac. Now Ik the name! Appreciate the info.

#5 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,380 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf (Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 27 December 2019 - 07:31 AM

EVP, on 26 December 2019 - 02:38 PM, said:

Thanks for the handy detective work MAC :)

Seems there's some reference with the Warren's & The Conjuring at this location.

Some chaser group excerpt from YT from 2013 for those interested. I lasted about 2 minutes in :)

Here's a more critical analysis of the location.

https://dreamingcasu...ue-history.html

Reading through the above link, what haunting there might be seems to revolve around the house and not the grave site.This is fairly typical as most people don't live in graveyards throughout their lives and using the premise that energy embeds itself where one lives, one can speculate what energy may exist may in fact be the grieving of those who visit the graveyard to pay respects to their loved ones.

I'm not discounting that all graveyards don't possess activity. I've found in the last 10 years out of 300+ cemeteries investigated (when I first started out) that two of them had some strange happenings. Most consist of benign activity and it takes real diligence to find one that could be termed active. Regardless, I'm grateful that my roots pushed me to do outdoor locations at first. It allowed me to build a system and recognize more control could be found by indoor locations. Although, indoor locations take planning and patience.

Regartds to Little Rhody, Good to see you pop back into PS.

Thank you for your posting. As always, you can be counted on clearing the path that lies a head.

Little Rhody, on 26 December 2019 - 06:03 PM, said:

Yea, thanks Mac. Now Ik the name! Appreciate the info.

You're welcome. I had an inkling of who you were referencing to and I had fun checking up on the name.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

Posted Image

My Shop

#6 True North

True North

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 01 January 2020 - 05:21 PM

View PostLittle Rhody, on 26 December 2019 - 08:19 AM, said:

In Burrillville, RI near Bucks Hill is a place called "Witches Hollow". Supposedly it is haunted by a witch who was buried in a small graveyard there. If you say her name three times she will appear however no one knows her name. Anyone have info?

Tower Hill Rd in Cumberland/Woonsocket, RI is supposedly haunted by an interdimension witch that appears if you can maintain a speed of at least 35 MPH around a certain sharp curve. Anyone have more info?

Thank you.

Yup, your typical folklore dares. Perform a specific action three times (at such and such a time and/or place), or perform some risky stunt etc, and something out of the ordinary is supposed to happen. It's a memorable way to finish your fire-side tale ("and to this day, they say that if you blah blah blah..."), and so it creates a local legend that provides the impressionable or reckless, or the bored, with a way to entertain themselves.

Usually, those wishing for something out of the ordinary to happen are left disappointed, and are left to scare themselves or make up stories to tell their friends at school the next day. Sometimes though, they get their wish, and sometimes they get more. RARELY, in either case, does this involve anyone they're supposed to be contacting.

Edited by True North, 01 January 2020 - 05:29 PM.