• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#41 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,729 posts
  • Interests:Enjoy good people and wholesome activities.

Posted 08 May 2017 - 08:42 PM

Should we all be so lucky to experience such a phenomenon!
Thanks for sharing Snickers!  :)
Posted Image
Check out the GhostStudy.com "YouTube Channel!" Click here

#42 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,357 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 08:20 PM

Here are two interesting articles on what shadow people are and what might help to get rid of them!

https://www.thoughtc...-person-2596467
https://www.thoughtc...-people-2596772
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#43 GhostSl4yrCorb

GhostSl4yrCorb

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting, UFO Slaying, Sharks

Posted 10 May 2017 - 08:55 AM

Oh yeah, I thought I saw a shadow person once. It was just my Aunt Darla :bunny:
- Stay Sl4yn' my friends,
Corbious "The Ghost Sl4yn' Monsta" Warbono

#44 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,357 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 08:17 PM

Good to know it was only Aunt Darla.... unless she was deceased :confused0068:

Oh and yes welcome to the boards :)
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#45 Snickers

Snickers

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 06:45 PM

View PostJim@GhostStudy, on 08 May 2017 - 08:42 PM, said:

Should we all be so lucky to experience such a phenomenon!
Thanks for sharing Snickers!  :)

Yes, it was quite an experience!  I wanted to see it again, and worked at that place for several more years, and even though I watched for the shadow, I never did see it again. What I hate the most, is, whenever something like that happens, there is never anyone else around to share it with. I would have liked to find out if it was visible to anyone else, but there was no one around at the moment to ask.
Don't tell me that I didn't see what I saw, or didn't hear what I heard.......Snickers

#46 True North

True North

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 151 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 08:41 AM

The 'Shadow People' I've seen run the gamut from barely self-aware lifeforms/entities to very intelligent 'cloaked' beings who have the ability to conceal themselves or appear as they wish (and who, though they may totally look the part to a witness, I wouldn't categorize as 'Shadow People').

In most cases, when someone really sees a 'shadow person' they're seeing an intelligent entity which has no physical form (and is not to be confused with a ghost/spirit). Some are barely self-aware and not that directed in their actions, while others are both very intelligent and purposeful in their behavior. They come in all shapes and sizes. They may just be a blob or cloud thingy, or they may have a vaguely humanoid form or even a clearly defined silhouette that makes you think you're seeing an actual person (you can make out clothing, like a hat or jacket etc).

In other cases, 'shadow people' are more than meets the eye and their true forms often remain hidden to the observer...

For instance, sometimes the shadow or dark figure a person sees is actually just the archetypal or interpretational 'stand-in' the person's mind creates (a real-time 'censoring'/editing their mind performs) to shield them from seeing something traumatic or something 'impossible'. It's a subconscious self defense mechanism to prevent someone from seeing something that would essentially break their mind, and so the dark figure or 'shadow person' someone sees in this case could be anything.

Also, sometimes the shadowy appearance of what someone's looking at is due to that person being 'blocked' from seeing what's in front of them by what's in front of them (what that person's looking at is concealing itself from them, 'cloaking', etc, whatever you wanna say). The witness is being tricked, basically hacked. So again this means that the dark figure or 'shadow person' they're seeing could be anything.

In my experience, the size or height of the dark figure someone sees tends to roughly correlate to the size of what's actually there, but not always. What's there can be way larger or smaller and of a completely different shape altogether.

Edited by True North, 16 May 2017 - 03:22 PM.

#47 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,897 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 16 May 2017 - 01:11 PM

Thank you for the info True North.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#48 SuperMario

SuperMario

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 10:18 PM

I never heard about these things or ever knew such a thing could exist until I experienced one myself. Do they come back often? Has any˛ne actually been harmed from these things?

#49 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,897 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 25 May 2017 - 11:42 AM

I have a shadow ghost in my home, actually two of them. One is in my cellar and the other seems to camp out on my porch. They've never tried to harm me, they just seem to like watching. I've yelled at the one on the porch, on more than one occasion, but he just ignores my yelling and just keeps on staring. They've been around for many years and I've learned to live with them.

Posted Image

My Shop

#50 Eve

Eve

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:All things paranormal! And, SCUBA, hiking, painting, writing, and red, red wine. ;)

Posted 07 September 2017 - 04:50 AM

View PostTrue North, on 16 May 2017 - 08:41 AM, said:

The 'Shadow People' I've seen run the gamut from barely self-aware lifeforms/entities to very intelligent 'cloaked' beings who have the ability to conceal themselves or appear as they wish (and who, though they may totally look the part to a witness, I wouldn't categorize as 'Shadow People').

In most cases, when someone really sees a 'shadow person' they're seeing an intelligent entity which has no physical form (and is not to be confused with a ghost/spirit). Some are barely self-aware and not that directed in their actions, while others are both very intelligent and purposeful in their behavior. They come in all shapes and sizes. They may just be a blob or cloud thingy, or they may have a vaguely humanoid form or even a clearly defined silhouette that makes you think you're seeing an actual person (you can make out clothing, like a hat or jacket etc).

In other cases, 'shadow people' are more than meets the eye and their true forms often remain hidden to the observer...

I believe that I saw a shadow person in my college. Until reading these posts, I wasn't sure what it was. I was walking back from an excruciating dance practice with a friend when we keyed in the code to enter our dorm and opened the outer door. There are two door to the dorm. The outer door which requires a key and a second inner door which leads to the stairway. If you do not take the door to the stairway, there's a passage that ends in stairs that leads to administrative offices for the university. We entered and never heard the door slam shut. You know when you're used to hearing something everyday and get to know the exact time that it should close and about where you would be on the stairs going up to the third floor where our dorms were located. We assumed that another student had followed us inside and didn't think much of the delay between when the door closed in relation to when we had opened it. That was, until we heard the footsteps on the on the stairs. However, the staircase is winding so that you can look from the top to the bottom and see who is on the stairs. I saw nothing on the stairs as the foot steps  started at the bottom. I didn't think to much about it until they suddenly sped up and were immediately behind us. I felt a horrible feeling in my stomach. I turned around and saw a dark figure immediately behind us. There was no face and it was smallish, but the feeling it provoke was so intense that my friend and I ran up the stairs into her room.

In all honesty, I don't know if it was a shadow figure or a type of ghost, but it was seriously unnerving. (I'm still new on the board and trying to figure things out. :) )
www.evesmyth.com

#51 True North

True North

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 151 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 01:14 PM

View PostEve, on 07 September 2017 - 04:50 AM, said:

... I turned around and saw a dark figure immediately behind us. There was no face and it was smallish, but the feeling it provoke was so intense that my friend and I ran up the stairs into her room.

A dark, faceless figure that gave you the creeps. Yup, whatever it was, that would definitely qualify as a 'shadow person'.

With encounters like yours where a 'shadow' suddenly runs up behind you like that, the purpose is usually to get your attention and get a reaction out of you / see what you'll do. Fear is often the desired response.

#52 True North

True North

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 151 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 02:12 PM

View PostSuperMario, on 24 May 2017 - 10:18 PM, said:

Has anyòne actually been harmed from these things?

People come to harm but it's most often indirect. Usually it's self harm by way of negative influence or harm people cause themselves through fear and worry, being paranoid/overreacting and stressing themselves out.

That said, sometimes a driver is fooled into swerving off the road by a figure that suddenly appears in front of them, or a person's shoved into or off something (pushed down a set of stairs or into a wood chipper they're loading etc).

Edited by True North, 10 September 2017 - 02:55 PM.

#53 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,897 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 03:35 PM

View PostTrue North, on 10 September 2017 - 02:12 PM, said:

People come to harm, but it's most often indirect. Usually, it's self-harm by way of negative influence or harms people cause themselves through fear and worry, being paranoid/overreacting and stressing themselves out.

That said, sometimes a driver is fooled into swerving off the road by a figure that suddenly appears in front of them, or a person's shoved into or off something (pushed down a set of stairs or into a wood chipper they're loading, etc.).

Umm... maybe it's just me, but being pushed down the stairs or shoved into a wood chipper isn't what I'd call indirect harming, more like in your face direct harm

Edited by MacCionoadha BeanSidhe, 10 September 2017 - 03:37 PM.

Posted Image

My Shop

#54 True North

True North

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 151 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 09:55 PM

I

View PostMacCionoadha BeanSidhe, on 10 September 2017 - 03:35 PM, said:

Umm... maybe it's just me, but being pushed down the stairs or shoved into a wood chipper isn't what I'd call indirect harming, more like in your face direct harm

Those were listed as ways people can be directly harmed. Appearing in the road is also meant as a fairly direct method of harming someone (I'm talking a 'shadow person' who's intentionally doing this to cause an accident).

#55 Menet

Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 08:39 AM

There is so much food for thought here, I'm having trouble focusing on it all.  I've got to read it all again.  I could be here all day which appeals to me in-between other things I've got on the agenda.

#56 Menet

Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 03:16 AM

Well, after reading everyone and taking into account my own experiences, I think that that Shadow People are part of the ambiance of haunted places aka a part of the environment.   Perhaps it is nothing more that ease of movement like an orb.  Perhaps you are not meant to see them but then the joke is on them. lol

In the past, I've never paid much attention to them unless they are larger than life.  I mean to say they act upon the environment.  Not you as an individual per se but the physical environment.  It will affect you but mostly because you didn't expect it.

It has also occurred to me that your ability to see them is nothing more than a refining of your own sensibilities.  I think that the best way to explain the word "sensibilities" is to say that it is familiar to you and yet you are not conscious of it...that comes later.   You develop your own personal sense for it.  Whatever that may be.

Broad topic.

#57 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,181 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 22 September 2017 - 05:10 AM

I believe shadow people might be spirits that are restless, but still sort of at peace...  Maybe in between.  They probably want to search this world for things they were not able to see while they were alive.  I believe they are mischievous in some cases because they probably lived a very sheltered life.  Now that they are dead, they can be free and roam around and tip things over, break things, and peek behind corners.

I'm not sure about the more evil shadow people though...  They have to be demons, in my opinion...  Not sure if they are manifestations made by live people, or if they are just spirits that have no good in them, whatsoever.

Posted Image

"Life doesn't get easier...

You just get stronger."

#58 WhispersInTheAttic

WhispersInTheAttic

Apport

• GS Member
  • 61 posts
  • Interests:anime. films. horror movies. music. playing guitar. video games. books and comics. writing. poetry. art. beaches. nature. photography. swimming. stargazing. the paranormal. graveyards. meditation. crystals, rocks and gemstones.

Posted 22 September 2017 - 02:43 PM

I always thought that shadow people were evil and trying to suck the life out of people. I could be completely wrong here though. I'll have to read that article up above.

Posted Image

#59 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,897 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 10:04 AM

The only negative experience with a shadow person, was only the one that messed with me in my bedroom. As for the others (cellar and porch), they just stand around and observe.

Posted Image

My Shop

#60 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,729 posts
  • Interests:Enjoy good people and wholesome activities.

Posted 23 September 2017 - 10:26 AM

View PostWhispersInTheAttic, on 22 September 2017 - 02:43 PM, said:

I always thought that shadow people were evil and trying to suck the life out of people. I could be completely wrong here though. I'll have to read that article up above.

Shadow Ghosts - The Three Don'ts... ;)

Don't Trust Them * Don't Communicate with Them *  Don't Show Fear.
And I might add... Don't Talk About Them In You Home.

I could go on and on.... but that's the very basics.

Posted Image

Brief summaries of those experiencing Shadow Ghosts.  Click Here
Posted Image
Check out the GhostStudy.com "YouTube Channel!" Click here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users