• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Sjager

Sjager

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 05:46 PM

New to investigations and need a mentor group to help us begin setup. We are a group who have found each other through our love is and need to investigate the things we have experienced. We need help in seeing up a group and learning what tools are worthwhile to use in investigations

#2 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,291 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 11:00 PM

Hello and welcome to the boards. We have some members here who are into investigating, I am sure they will be along shortly with some good advice :)
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#3 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,849 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 17 June 2017 - 09:28 PM

:sign0016:

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#4 Vlawde

Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,703 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 18 June 2017 - 10:44 AM

Welcome! My advice would be to NOT try and use Ghost Adventures as an example of investigating. That's not how it's done. Far as TV shows, Ghost Hunters is closer to how professionals conduct an investigation. And don't get too excited over dust orbs or other iffy stuff just because you want to find something. Maybe a fifth of my investigations ever turned up anything I would deem as interesting, And many of those have since been debunked. Prepare for hours of boredom, both investigating and later going over the audio and video. The only reason to keep at it is because once in a GREAT while, you will find something. And that's awesome!
Posted Image

#5 Capt-Zeanie

Capt-Zeanie

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 294 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Computer Programming, IT, Web Technologies, Space and Astronomy

Posted 23 June 2017 - 08:24 AM

Where are you based?
--
Sean aka Capt Zeanie

Posted Image

#6 CDS

CDS

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 10:00 AM

View PostSjager, on 16 June 2017 - 05:46 PM, said:

New to investigations and need a mentor group to help us begin setup. We are a group who have found each other through our love is and need to investigate the things we have experienced. We need help in seeing up a group and learning what tools are worthwhile to use in investigations

Would you mind expanding a bit on the type of experiences your group has shared?

BTW, my personal feeling (that is shared by many) is to NOT investigate your own home.

You'll need equipment to proceed with the ability to capture data (evidence).

#7 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,417 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 12:16 AM

hello and welcome to the  boards- interested to know more about your experiences, and I'm sure that there are plenty around here that can guide you to people who can assist in your local area!
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#8 Lamfada

Lamfada

Orb

• GS Member
  • 32 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 10:16 AM

A few practical hints:

Never go places you aren't welcome--avoid trespassing, using cemeteries without permission, public land etc

Avoid dangerous places--snaky fields, houses with rotten floors etc

Always hunt in pairs, for safety sake, and double verification if anything interesting happens

If you are using a recorder, don't whisper, to avoid confusion with EVPs

In your early investigations, keep it simple: a camera, a recorder and perhaps a MF detector are about all you need.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users