4 replies to this topic

#1 Char

Char

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:Tarot Reading; Kpop; nursing; reading; writing

Posted 26 July 2017 - 06:13 PM

I saw a couple posts about some people being psychic on here...so I thought that this might be a good place to try and get some helpful tips or at least a push in the right direction.

My family has always had "sleeping power". (It's what I call it, I don't really know what others call it. Basically, there's a few of my family members, including cousins, that can see the future in their dreams or feel emotions without being within distance. But they don't believe in psychics...)

One of my cousin's and I are the only ones to actually pursue psychic ability. She is more into energies. She uses stones, is a Reiki master, and so on. I am more of a prophetic. But I can also feel spirits. Ever since I was a kid, I've actually been terrified of ghosts/spirits because I used to get nightmares of these weird demons. I figured avoiding everything to do with the other life was the best thing to do. That doesn't stop the other life, though...when I moved in to my last apartment, a bad spirit was there...I've since moved out.

A couple years ago, I began using Tarot Cards as a way of channeling my prophetic ability. I used to only have dreams, but now I get a more accurate reading with my cards. When I read for other people, it's almost always spot on.

This evening, I was asked to see how someone's grandparents were doing. I told them that I've never done a reading that connected with a spirit before (and that I didn't think that it was even possible??), but it worked. And now I'm a little wired about it. Because I'm still afraid of the other life. Mostly about demons finding me.  

I was wondering if anyone knew of any Mediums that would take on an apprentice? Or a tarot reader that does spiritual readings like I did this evening? Or it if there's a forum dedicated to teaching?

I REALLY don't want to dabble into the other life without fully knowing what to expect....

Thanks for reading ^^ Blessed Be )O(
It's not the past nor the future that we should be worried about...the here and the now determines our outcome. Each decision is met with a repercussion.

All bad luck is met with an equal or greater good luck.  

#2 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 07:44 PM

Posted Image to the boards :D

Psychic protection is a genuine concern and it is best to protect yourself in whatever belief system you have. Posted ImagePosted Image

There isn't a forum thread here that addresses your query of a dedicated teacher. However, I am a true believer of when the student is ready the teacher will appear :yes:  and it isn't any good trying to push things along too quickly :no: So be careful not to attempt thing you aren't comfortable trying :)

I personally haven't had a teacher, I think it comes from your own higher-self or for a better name "Your soul". For me, there is no right or wrong just what I feel to be true in my soul.

There is, however, many threads here that offer some insight on self-protection :D
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#3 Char

Char

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:Tarot Reading; Kpop; nursing; reading; writing

Posted 27 July 2017 - 05:20 AM

Thank you so much ^^
It's not the past nor the future that we should be worried about...the here and the now determines our outcome. Each decision is met with a repercussion.

All bad luck is met with an equal or greater good luck.  

#4 MrsFrootloops

MrsFrootloops

Lead Moderator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,699 posts
  • Interests:Anything artistic, baking, cooking, waffles, comics, games, hamsters, and um, things lol.

Posted 27 July 2017 - 05:44 AM

Welcome to the forums Char! I hope you like it here :)
Do whatever makes you happy, whatever fruits your loops.

#5 True North

True North

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 148 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 03:41 PM

Hi, I see you want to make sure you're conducting your readings in a safe and responsible manner. Good to hear. Many people are only concerned with accuracy.

I have experience resolving problems people have attracting and getting mixed-up with various 'baddies' and so I'm in a good position to point out changes people can make to avoid these unfortunate situations from happening. The effectiveness and relative safety of doing readings depends very much on your process. If you were to describe how you go about your readings, say for the reading you mentioned above concerning someone's grandparents (leaving out sensitive/personal info), I can suggest ways to make things safer for yourself (and, if you're doing anything that can cause you problems, explain why).

Whether someone likes to scatter bones in the dirt, lego bricks on the carpet, handle cards, or read the toppings on slices of pizza, doing readings should be an empowering practice for the reader and anyone else involved, not something that unintentionally aids (or allows into one's life) any would-be manipulators or anything malevolent :)

Edited by True North, 27 July 2017 - 04:30 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users