Do You Believe Your Ancestors Are Watching Over You?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 EVP

EVP

• 2,112 posts
  • Interests:Digital Stills / Auditory Enigmas

Posted 14 October 2022 - 03:04 AM

Posted Image

This question can't always be answered easily as each person has their own journey uniquely different than the next person. Obviously, spiritual and religious belief systems has a huge bearing on your vision of heaven.

I seldom have ancestors visit in my dreams but I do make a special effort every year to talk to my grandmother on her birthday which only separates one day from mine. When I was young, she treated me like a king. She had a cool pond in her backyard. She let me sleep in the screened porch area giving me the sense of sleeping outdoors. She made me coffee in the morning and milkshakes for lunch. You know all the things you're parents wouldn't do.

I miss her because she always treated me special. The way I look at it, my grandmother never passes as long as she's remembered and acknowledged.

How about yourself? Do you feel or sense relatives that were once close to you on the rare occasion? Do you experience olfactory events periodically that you connect with a family member?

Please share....

Edited by EVP, 14 October 2022 - 03:07 AM.

Posted Image

#2 Guardian

Guardian

• 223 posts
  • Interests:Lake life, golf, reading.

Posted 14 October 2022 - 03:35 AM

I am kind of torn on this one.  I have had things happen that make me think that maybe someone was looking out for me.  However, each event was also something that could have been explained scientifically.  

That being said, I never believed in reincarnation until my 19-y/o daughter was born.  She is definitely an old soul.  She's the only person under the age of 30 that can hold hours-long conversations without staring at her phone.  She prefers wearing "grandma sweaters" and white tennis shoes.  Her mannerisms and general demeanor remind me of a stereotypical 80-y/o.

My point is that maybe our relatives do come back to look after us, possibly in more ways that one.

Edited by Guardian, 14 October 2022 - 03:35 AM.

Resident skeptic. Deal with it.

#3 EVP

EVP

• 2,112 posts

Posted 14 October 2022 - 03:47 AM

View PostGuardian, on 14 October 2022 - 03:35 AM, said:

I am kind of torn on this one.  I have had things happen that make me think that maybe someone was looking out for me.  However, each event was also something that could have been explained scientifically.  

That being said, I never believed in reincarnation until my 19-y/o daughter was born.  She is definitely an old soul.  She's the only person under the age of 30 that can hold hours-long conversations without staring at her phone.  She prefers wearing "grandma sweaters" and white tennis shoes.  Her mannerisms and general demeanor remind me of a stereotypical 80-y/o.

My point is that maybe our relatives do come back to look after us, possibly in more ways that one.

Interesting perspective. It's hard to ignore mannerism that stand out and make you realize there maybe more than what meets the eye. Thanks for sharing Guardian!
Posted Image

#4 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • 6,909 posts

Posted 14 October 2022 - 05:37 AM

I have had many visits from my deceased loved ones over the years. I also believe we reincarnate in soul groups; so yes our loved ones might visit us in other ways.

When I was in my 20s I was involved in past life regression research I was able to find a copy of her research; and no I wasn't in it. But I had some surreal experiences (in sepia images and short movie clips playing in my mind) after the hypnosis sessions to the point my mother was concerned as I was becoming obsessed with trying to find out more information about what I saw and basically where she was buried.

The most interesting thing was I am aphantasic so I can't form images of anything in my mind; it is all just a black void.

My son also had his own experiences when he was very young. He told me he was Elvis Presley's brother Aaron. We didn't have the internet like it is today so it was hard to just go and check it out and I can't recall watching or seeing anything on TV that might have influenced his thought. I know his twin was Jesse Garon but I think he was pretty close!  This again was back in the 80's and before he was 4 years old he was grinding stones to make his own paints and doing aboriginal art and I remember one time he came home from school talking like he had lived during the time of Jesus and Zacchaeus in the tree :fright: .

Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#5 Gothickangel

Gothickangel

Gothickangel.ca

• GS Member
  • 151 posts
  • Interests:Blogging, Shamanisn, The Occult (studying only), Spirit Guides, Astral Projection, Website & Digital Media, Drawing, Camping and Gardening.

Posted 25 October 2022 - 06:05 AM

Oh yeah my first memory was of an older lady who gave me her name, well her nic name at 6 months I could not pronounce her real name. My mom has seen her and people in public have too. She I'm assuming is an ancestor on my mothers side, she sounds like the females in her family. My family is Alqongun so its natural for them to come around.
From there passed family and fur kids or furry animals we had growing up have seen them visit too. My own fur kids some stay with me or my husband. Family comes into my life during certain things I run into as guides. Its helped me through alot of rough times. To me it seems normal. Then I will have other spirits come forth related to people I know for messages and such too. Usually its for people they tell me will be open to it. Some family I have their religious beliefs see human spirits on earth as demons only. So I dont tell them.
Its either by semi apparitions, voices or dreams.

Some cool stuff on my moms side of the family is there the guardian spirits will actually physically interact with us. Like my younger sister left her clothes at the top of the stairs, I tripped on them went face first forward. But then was gently stopped and brought back up and I hit the wall behind me. Or one family member being pushed out of the way violently as if pulled to avoid being hit in the head by a bullet,  etc. My mom and relatives on her side all have stories about this.

Edited by Gothickangel, 25 October 2022 - 06:05 AM.

Posted Image

A Journey into Light and Shadow. A place where the line is blurred between both worlds.

Nothing is as it seems. Shadow doesn't always mean evil and light doesn't always mean divine.

#6 EVP

EVP

• 2,112 posts

Posted 25 October 2022 - 10:52 AM

View PostKlaineyGStudy, on 14 October 2022 - 05:37 AM, said:

I have had many visits from my deceased loved ones over the years. I also believe we reincarnate in soul groups; so yes our loved ones might visit us in other ways.

When I was in my 20s I was involved in past life regression research I was able to find a copy of her research; and no I wasn't in it. But I had some surreal experiences (in sepia images and short movie clips playing in my mind) after the hypnosis sessions to the point my mother was concerned as I was becoming obsessed with trying to find out more information about what I saw and basically where she was buried.

The most interesting thing was I am aphantasic so I can't form images of anything in my mind; it is all just a black void.

My son also had his own experiences when he was very young. He told me he was Elvis Presley's brother Aaron. We didn't have the internet like it is today so it was hard to just go and check it out and I can't recall watching or seeing anything on TV that might have influenced his thought. I know his twin was Jesse Garon but I think he was pretty close!  This again was back in the 80's and before he was 4 years old he was grinding stones to make his own paints and doing aboriginal art and I remember one time he came home from school talking like he had lived during the time of Jesus and Zacchaeus in the tree :fright: .

I'm sure if I had some of your experiences Klainey my approach to spiritualism would be far different than presently. I border on being agnostic one day and the next as an atheist. I find it fascinating and at times jealous my experience are limited. I feel I'm partially closed minded and my experiences do not take place because my mind sees thing in a more empirical theology. Thanks for sharing.

Edited by EVP, 25 October 2022 - 10:54 AM.

Posted Image

#7 EVP

EVP

• 2,112 posts

Posted 25 October 2022 - 11:16 AM

View PostGothickangel, on 25 October 2022 - 06:05 AM, said:

Oh yeah my first memory was of an older lady who gave me her name, well her nic name at 6 months I could not pronounce her real name. My mom has seen her and people in public have too. She I'm assuming is an ancestor on my mothers side, she sounds like the females in her family. My family is Alqongun so its natural for them to come around.
From there passed family and fur kids or furry animals we had growing up have seen them visit too. My own fur kids some stay with me or my husband. Family comes into my life during certain things I run into as guides. Its helped me through alot of rough times. To me it seems normal. Then I will have other spirits come forth related to people I know for messages and such too. Usually its for people they tell me will be open to it. Some family I have their religious beliefs see human spirits on earth as demons only. So I dont tell them.
Its either by semi apparitions, voices or dreams.

Some cool stuff on my moms side of the family is there the guardian spirits will actually physically interact with us. Like my younger sister left her clothes at the top of the stairs, I tripped on them went face first forward. But then was gently stopped and brought back up and I hit the wall behind me. Or one family member being pushed out of the way violently as if pulled to avoid being hit in the head by a bullet,  etc. My mom and relatives on her side all have stories about this.

Some really extraordinary accounts Gothickangel. The only account I have even remotely similar was when my mother experienced a "crisis apparition" when a good friend of hers passed a week prior due to nefarious reasons. I don't believe the police every solved that cold case. The telltale sign came in the form of a dream and an almost oldfactory event from a perfume scent that her friend used exclusively.

I would imagine your accounts can be a blessing or a curse at times. Thanks for sharing a little bit of your journey.
Posted Image

#8 GhostGirl

GhostGirl

Orb

• GS Member
  • 29 posts
  • Interests:Art (drawing and painting), writing (fiction- some published, ancestral), walking, spending time with my husband and our two cats and dog, I live in the country and I am a country girl at heart!

Posted 06 December 2022 - 06:11 PM

The conversation resonates with me because I am a genealogist (non-professional), and I have met many of my ancestors through the stories that the documents tell.  I also have dreams about some paternal ancestors that have become special to me.  I don't believe these dreams for me are actual visitations because they still feel like dreams. They are very comforting. However, in the past, I have had visitations.  

My mother died of cancer when I was 23. We were extremely close and I felt totally lost without her in my life.  During the first couple of years she would visit me in my dreams on a fairly regular basis. At first, I thought these were just dreams because of my grief, then realized they were actual visits from her.  I could touch her, feel her hugs, hear her words. Everything was in the moment with none of the convoluted stuff that inhabits our dreams.  The visits were not long drawn out and htey faded after a while, but I still feel her presence with me every single day, and I believe she still watches over me.  
Watching over my shoulder....I never know who might show up.

Susan C.

#9 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • 6,909 posts

Posted 07 December 2022 - 03:43 AM

Your mum stepped back because you didn't need her like you did in the beginning of her passing. I too believe our loved ones are there when we need them the most! Thanks for sharing your experience :)

Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#10 WhispersInTheAttic

WhispersInTheAttic

Banshee

• GS Member
  • 190 posts
  • Interests:I Love The 80's/90's! Films, Documentaries, Love Horror Movies, Listening To Music, Collecting Records, Reading, Creative Writing, Art, Photography, Nature, Beaches, Meditation, Crystals, and Gemstones, and Playing Videogames.

Posted 17 December 2022 - 06:45 PM

I'd like to believe that they're watching over me. There's this one photograph I own inside my house, they're related to us and when I held the picture in my hands, I felt something very strongly. I can't honestly explain what I felt or where it was coming from, it was just something I felt in my gut so to speak. I've had many dreams though and I believe they were my Ancestors. That's the only experience I had though.

Edited by WhispersInTheAttic, 17 December 2022 - 06:46 PM.

Posted Image

#11 Guardian

Guardian

• 223 posts
  • Interests:Lake life, golf, reading.

Posted 18 December 2022 - 01:25 PM

View PostWhispersInTheAttic, on 17 December 2022 - 06:45 PM, said:

I'd like to believe that they're watching over me. There's this one photograph I own inside my house, they're related to us and when I held the picture in my hands, I felt something very strongly. I can't honestly explain what I felt or where it was coming from, it was just something I felt in my gut so to speak. I've had many dreams though and I believe they were my Ancestors. That's the only experience I had though.

How are the people in the photo related to you/your family?
Resident skeptic. Deal with it.

#12 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• 1,240 posts
  • Interests:Having an open mind. Dont get stuck looking at something from only one angle.

Posted 12 January 2023 - 06:28 AM

I have never had a feeling or scenario where I thought a loved one who passed on had come to visit me.  This is just my experience.  But, I have talked to people who had felt or seen a family member who had passed that had visited them in some form.  I have no idea why some have experienced it and some, like myself have not.  Maybe I'm not worth them coming to visit me....J/K.
Just because you have one....doesn't mean you have to act like one - Louczar
Life is short, enjoy it!