• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 mike5ive

mike5ive

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 April 2019 - 10:53 PM

The circumstances of this encounter make it so ridiculously clear that someone was there, its just undeniable.
The back bedroom
So I'm laying in bed with my then girlfriend,  both of us were laying back to back..
In back of the headboard there is a wall, in front of me there is a window half was up the wall and if one looks through the my window that's my back yard. The other side of the beds foot board (where our feet were) there is a door that leads to the back yard and in the direction that my girlfriend was facing (about fifteen feet away) was the door that leads to the house / the hallway.

So I'm laying there and all of a sudden some man about 5-9, slim build wearing a dark grey and tan plaid long sleeve shirt walks through the wall (to the right of the window) and proceeds to walk a straight line up to the bed, past the foot board and towards the door on the other side of the room leading to the house.
So I'm laying there, I see it and follow it with my eyes until it was just about out of my peripheral vision where i then had to turn my head to follow it past the foot board.
Now then, my girlfriend facing the other way then catches it in her peripheral vision as it reaches the other side of the foot board where upon she turned her head to see what was there.
We are laying back to back, she is looking at it, and looks over her shoulder to see me looking at it over my shoulder and our from eyes meet in astonishment like what the heck is that.
The thing takes another three slow steps the same direction is was going then stops, turns around and walks past us again past the foot board them makes a right turn and exits the room through the door leading to the back yard, Only it went through the door.
We both saw the exact same man, same clothes and etc, etc.
But the way our eyes met looking over our shoulders when we saw it, me because i was following it and her because she saw in in her peripheral vision and turned her head to see what it was / then seeing me doing the same thing looking at it over my shoulder.
There is just no doubt in the way this happened, us seeing the same exact person. He was there, plain and simple

#2 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,455 posts

Posted 25 April 2019 - 12:31 AM

Hello and welcome to the board. That is a scary experience and thank you for sharing it here :yes:
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#3 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,187 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 25 April 2019 - 06:42 AM

Did he acknowledge your presence?  Do you know anything about the history or age of the house, and would the clothing fit in today or look different?
Posted Image

#4 daphnerose

daphnerose

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 25 April 2019 - 08:52 AM

Yikes!

#5 mike5ive

mike5ive

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 April 2019 - 01:13 PM

I have no idea who it could be or why they were there, no my family bought the house new so no one lived there before us it was just an empty field when the housing track was built. No it didn't acknowledge our presence, I'd say from appearance 1930-1940 ish clothes.
Lived their for 62 years and never saw anything ever except for that, that one night but once was enough, yes there are ghosts, there just are plain and simple .
Moreover that is the only one I've seen in my life ever

#6 Orb2

Orb2

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 20 posts
  • Interests:Gaming and paranormal investigation are my two main interests. Cyber-security degree in progress.

Posted 26 April 2019 - 04:26 AM

Ive had a similar experience myself where it was clear (to me) that there was a ghost near my piano. (It just gets so cold while I play, most of the time even in summer) Is it crazy to think they might be drawn to the vibrations of it?

#7 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • 12,187 posts

Posted 26 April 2019 - 07:34 AM

Sounds like a residual haunting. Just an old scene replaying. Still disconcerting if you wake up and see someone walking through walls!
Posted Image

#8 Ridgeki

Ridgeki

Apport

• GS Member
  • 72 posts
  • Interests:essay writting expert
    woman'ssoccer

Posted 27 April 2019 - 02:08 AM

It does sound like a residual haunting.It would scare the crud out of you still

#9 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,649 posts
  • Interests:Digital Stills / Auditory Enigmas

Posted 27 April 2019 - 07:36 AM

View PostRidgeki, on 27 April 2019 - 02:08 AM, said:

It does sound like a residual haunting.It would scare the crud out of you still

For someone who doesn't investigate and rarely has something of this nature happen to them it can be terrifying. For those who seriously investigate, we live for that moment. The exception might be poltergeist activity where objects are being whipped around. My last big scare was over 10 years ago. Since then I embrace these opportunities and welcome them.

The majority of paranormal activities are residual and nothing to be fearful of. The replay isn't aware of your existence whatsoever. Interactive is truly a rarity. I've only had a couple of them in my tenure.

Edited by EVP, 27 April 2019 - 07:41 AM.

#10 oldsoul

oldsoul

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:Music. Dreams. Wildlife, Visual art, writing

Posted 03 May 2019 - 01:42 PM

Is there anything that you recently brought into the house like new objects or anything?

#11 Ladydi

Ladydi

EVP

• Guests
  • 84 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 08:46 AM

That's a good story. Thanks for sharing.

#12 moiraesfate

moiraesfate

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,495 posts

Posted 28 May 2019 - 03:35 PM

Likely a residual haunting or an echo. There doesn't need to have been housing before because the land itself can be haunted. If it is a residual haunting or an echo you have nothing to fear from it. It's just repeating the same motions over and over again like a DVD on repeat.

I have wondered for some time whether all ghosts are fettered to a certain place or thing or if some of them can wander.

#13 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,649 posts

Posted 28 May 2019 - 05:28 PM

View Postmoiraesfate, on 28 May 2019 - 03:35 PM, said:

I have wondered for some time whether all ghosts are fettered to a certain place or thing or if some of them can wander.

FWIW my research over the last decade suggests that it can and frequently is transient. I've never recorded a voice that sounded the same twice.  One indoor location that dated back to the 1880's we investigated over 20 times.

Edited by EVP, 28 May 2019 - 05:30 PM.

#14 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • 12,187 posts

Posted 28 May 2019 - 06:54 PM

I agree. It's never happened to me (thankfully) but people have had something follow them home, or encountered what appeared to be a spirit they encountered elsewhere. I think residual haunting are built into a particular environment. Some intelligent spirits may feel tied to a location, and if you believe Dead Files, some spirits can be bound/trapped somewhere by a stronger entity. No idea if that's true or not.
Posted Image

#15 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,649 posts

Posted 28 May 2019 - 07:15 PM

I think residual haunting are built into a particular environment.

Of all the inconsistencies in this field, your one statement seems to be about the only constant Vlawde. Totally agree with that comment.

#16 daphnerose

daphnerose

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 10:40 AM

We have a residual spirit that runs thru yard. East side of house heading south man in blue flannel shirt about 6 feet tall. West side of house heading north black mass that looks almost like a large leaf bag. All the family has experienced it. It only happens at a certain time of the evening while it's still light. Usually around 4 or five. And is seasonal.I think it has to do the water and land we live on.

Edited by daphnerose, 29 May 2019 - 10:42 AM.

#17 Ladydi

Ladydi

EVP

• Guests
  • 84 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 06:05 PM

Orb2 Some spirits are drawn to music. I've been to spiritual gatherings in haunted woods in which they play music to attempt to call the nearby spirits to them. Many people use chimes to draw in spirits.

Vlawde I've experienced spirits that seemed bound to a particular area many times in my life. I've also fought spiritual warfare battles in which I've sent spirits back to particular locations, trapped there until someone frees them once again.