14 replies to this topic

#1 BlueRose3

BlueRose3

Wraith

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 09:13 AM

It may look strange when it first starts, asking what cats have to do with this but just let it play a few seconds and you will understand. LOL.... It gets even better when it get to the middle.

http://www.snotr.com/video/3880

Edited by BlueRose3, 13 February 2010 - 09:18 AM.

#2 trin

trin

Alien

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:photography, art, ghost stories (particularly first hand), history, Asia, origami, fiber arts/crafts. http://www.zibbet.com/trinlayk

Posted 13 February 2010 - 10:59 AM

Miss Megumi is watching with a funny expression...

Apparently an ancestor of the Broadway show "Cats" biggrin.gif

comment:
"Posted 11 days ago by JimDunlop

For those who are asking what the heck?... Consider getting getting out a bit more and seeing the world beyond Internet vids. Get a bit of culture or something. wink.gif This is classic stuff, and yes it IS for real... No, it has nothing to do with special ed. But it IS meant to be funny. (Just in a 19th century sort of way).

It's called "Duetto buffo di due gatti" which means: Humorous Duet for Two Cats in Italian and was written in the early 19th century (around 1820 or so).

Even though it's usually credited to the classical composer G. Rossini, it was actually written by someone else in Rossini's style, based on some other operas Rossini composed already.

I would agree with a "Weird" classification but not for the reason you might think. It's "weird" because it's a boys' choir performing it... Usually it's done as a solo (duet) for two (female) sopranos. Sometimes it's done as a fun encore following a more serious performance."

Here's another performance with a couple actual opera singers:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jsqnnIzohA...feature=related

and a vocaloid version with animation
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DinASQRRFA...feature=related

Edited by trin, 13 February 2010 - 11:07 AM.

#3 PumpkinWraith

PumpkinWraith

1D's #1 Fan

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,025 posts
  • Interests:Mainly my family and chatting to and getting to know the many good friends I've made here over the years. I love Rock, Metal and alternative music as well as having a profound interest in the paranormal.

Posted 13 February 2010 - 04:38 PM

For someone who isn't into opera or classical, that was really good!

I think that that explianation was adequate.  As for all those brainless morons that posted comments on the video, I don't know why people can't appreciate anything that is meant to be humourous.

I love my punk and metal but that hasn't stopped me from going to see the Royal Philarmonic Orchestra on three occasions, theatre, and I even stood and listened to the choir at Canterbury Cathederal many times and also at Notre Dame.

People who post such stupid, empty comments need to either not bother or grow up and experience some culture!!

Posted Image

The Aliens said I could take a friend next time. Apply below ......but no mad people!

I <3 One Direction. Harry 4Ever!

#4 mainemom207

mainemom207

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts
  • Interests:History of places, haunted or not..
    Love cooking and making new things and new recipes are always fun! And well.. Love Cemeteries and Folklore and Love to hear of the History of the United States as well as Abroad.. which has a vast history all by itself!

Posted 13 February 2010 - 10:01 PM

QUOTE(BlueRose3 @ Feb 13 2010, 09:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It may look strange when it first starts, asking what cats have to do with this but just let it play a few seconds and you will understand. LOL.... It gets even better when it get to the middle.

http://www.snotr.com/video/3880

The link is stating an 500 Internal Error.. so I cannot see it what a bummer too...

Interested in spirits and the history of places..
Peace and Blessings, Lynne'

Posted Image

#5 crystal

crystal

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, supernatural, reading, music, writing, drawing =)

Posted 14 February 2010 - 12:18 PM

haha, wow, they're pretty good!

that's cute and fun smile.gif
To die will be an awfully big adventure.
J.M. BARRIE, Peter Pan

#6 BlueRose3

BlueRose3

Wraith

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 07:25 AM

Here you go mainemom, I found it on youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjtVDG0drG0...feature=related

I agree with what Pumpkin said. "People who post such stupid, empty comments need to either not bother or grow up"

It just amazes me what a human voice can do.

#7 Creature man

Creature man

The Everchanging User

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 408 posts
  • Interests:Please, Do I need to answer that??

Posted 17 February 2010 - 02:47 PM

Strange. But I have one thing to say, RELEASE THE HOUNDS!

Edited by Creature man, 17 February 2010 - 02:47 PM.

I like the part where it went "WOMP WOMP WOMP WOMP WOMP WOMP WOMP WOMP WOMP WOMP WOMP WOMP"

Skullcandy is awesome, I got new headphones(finally!!)!

#8 crystal

crystal

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, supernatural, reading, music, writing, drawing =)

Posted 25 February 2010 - 05:00 PM

I had to watch it again-  it's so cute how they try so hard not to laugh smile.gif
To die will be an awfully big adventure.
J.M. BARRIE, Peter Pan

#9 Stardust

Stardust

Orb

• GS Member
  • 32 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 04:02 AM

That was great! Thank you for posting.

I love my rock, but like PumpkinWraith I appreciate different types of music too. especially a beautiful soaring voice. I went and saw Phantom of the opera. I adore it.

As for the comments from stupid idiots, sadly they are everywhere and will rip to shreads anything with a bit of class. I can't understand it either. Shame nobody taught them the old saying if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all.

QUOTE(trin @ Feb 13 2010, 10:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Miss Megumi is watching with a funny expression...

Apparently an ancestor of the Broadway show "Cats" biggrin.gif
comment:
"Posted 11 days ago by JimDunlop

For those who are asking what the heck?... Consider getting getting out a bit more and seeing the world beyond Internet vids. Get a bit of culture or something. wink.gif This is classic stuff, and yes it IS for real... No, it has nothing to do with special ed. But it IS meant to be funny. (Just in a 19th century sort of way).

It's called "Duetto buffo di due gatti" which means: Humorous Duet for Two Cats in Italian and was written in the early 19th century (around 1820 or so).

Even though it's usually credited to the classical composer G. Rossini, it was actually written by someone else in Rossini's style, based on some other operas Rossini composed already.

I would agree with a "Weird" classification but not for the reason you might think. It's "weird" because it's a boys' choir performing it... Usually it's done as a solo (duet) for two (female) sopranos. Sometimes it's done as a fun encore following a more serious performance."

That was a wonderful post. I watched them all.

#10 LilTue

LilTue

Total Harry Potter Geek

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 04:03 PM

Love these videos....and my cats had to comment on them too wink.gif  Grew up playing and listening to classical music and opera due to my parents and playing in band and symphony, so I appreciate the talent of those boys, and you could see they were appreciating the humor of the piece. Thank you!

Posted Image
"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." - Robert A. Heinlein

#11 Supernerd

Supernerd

Ghoul

• Guests
  • Pip
  • 205 posts
  • Interests:Cats, books, music, paranormal, art, swords, jokes, crochet, etc...etc... and all that jazz. ;-)

Posted 20 April 2010 - 11:26 PM

I've got a copy of that song on an old vinyl LP, done by two male comedians. When I played it, my cats used to go racing around the house looking for the strange cat. In the end they narrowed it down to the stereo speaker and sat there, staring hard at it or trying to look behind the speaker. Provided many a laugh here at home.
Never play leapfrog with a Unicorn!

Haunted New Zealand
NZ Ghosts and Other Haunts

#12 mainemom207

mainemom207

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts
  • Interests:History of places, haunted or not..
    Love cooking and making new things and new recipes are always fun! And well.. Love Cemeteries and Folklore and Love to hear of the History of the United States as well as Abroad.. which has a vast history all by itself!

Posted 21 April 2010 - 10:52 AM

Super that is cute!
But I have to say I love the video and it was wonderful..For some reason I could not get it the day I wrote that now I have no problems what beautiful voices and so well done though! So wonderfully in sync with each other! wink.gif  Thanks for sharing.. though I was looking for kitties lol this was a surprise smile.gif
Interested in spirits and the history of places..
Peace and Blessings, Lynne'

Posted Image

#13 Sly-Spectre

Sly-Spectre

Larry

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts
  • Interests:Surfing, Drinking, Eating, Sleeping, Partying, Pool(Billiards to you Englishmen) and...Ghosts and Cryptozoology.<br /><br />I'm on Facebook look for Gerry Nix

Posted 28 April 2010 - 07:22 AM

You can cath them biting their cheeks a little to stop them from laughing. Lol!
"Something weird is going on Jess." Simon whispered as they waited to be served. "I overheard Sara and Hector say something about 'getting back at you' in the library this morning."
Jessie thought for a moment, his face expressionless as usual.
"That's just crazy." he said. "I didn't think you even knew where the library was."

-Excerpt from my short story "Stabbed in the Front."

#14 PumpkinWraith

PumpkinWraith

1D's #1 Fan

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,025 posts
  • Interests:Mainly my family and chatting to and getting to know the many good friends I've made here over the years. I love Rock, Metal and alternative music as well as having a profound interest in the paranormal.

Posted 28 April 2010 - 02:35 PM

I noticed the little smirks now and again.  lol

Posted Image

The Aliens said I could take a friend next time. Apply below ......but no mad people!

I <3 One Direction. Harry 4Ever!

#15 iHEXify

iHEXify

Orb

• GS Member
  • 31 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, drawing, roleplaying, stalking

Posted 29 October 2010 - 09:46 PM

If anyone has a lyric sheet, it would be very helpful!

Anyway, beautiful voices! One of the kids remind me of an actor..
"Whoever said there's nothing like a nice cup of tea for calming the nerves NEVER had real tea..it's like a syringe of adrenaline straight to the heart."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users