• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 BlueAngel

BlueAngel

Disembodied Voice

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts
  • Interests:Interested in the paranormal, and I am proud I just published my first book regarding my haunting.

Posted 10 March 2010 - 05:26 PM

I came across this and he is so smart and cute!

Can Your Bird Do This? - Paw Nation
YOU CANT SCARE ME, I HAVE KIDS

#2 PumpkinWraith

PumpkinWraith

1D's #1 Fan

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,025 posts
  • Interests:Mainly my family and chatting to and getting to know the many good friends I've made here over the years. I love Rock, Metal and alternative music as well as having a profound interest in the paranormal.

Posted 10 March 2010 - 05:42 PM

My mother has got 5 parrot's, 4 African Grey's and a 35yo Cockatoo.  

She has been trying to train them to play golf for years.  but the Cockatoo is too set in his way's and just wants to sit in the clubhouse drinking and chatting up the young birds.....

This is brilliant though.  It's amazing how clever birds are.  I love this little guy smile.gif

Posted Image

The Aliens said I could take a friend next time. Apply below ......but no mad people!

I <3 One Direction. Harry 4Ever!

#3 BlueAngel

BlueAngel

Disembodied Voice

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts
  • Interests:Interested in the paranormal, and I am proud I just published my first book regarding my haunting.

Posted 10 March 2010 - 05:46 PM

LOL Pumpkin, I love this little one too. I have 4 Cockatiels and they dont do tricks, but just chat to one another all day long, but they are happy guys! The Pet Store I go to to get food and toys has a parrot just like the one in the video and he goes upside down, talks and does many tricks but only for the male that owns the store and bites everyone else. Picture 562.gif

#4 Ember Nightshade

Ember Nightshade

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 47 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime / Manga, Animals, Breakfast, Birds, Country, Coldplay, Cooking, Camping, Cartoons, Cash, Chickens, Computers, Drawing, Dinner, Eating, Food, Friends, Ghosts, God, Gothics, Guys, Happiness, Happy Tree Friends, Jewelry, Juice, Lunch, Linkin Park, Memories, Music, Nature, Photos, Pie, Pranks, Presents, Roosters, The Paranormal, TV, Weird Al Yankovic, Whips, Writing.

Posted 11 March 2010 - 01:39 AM

Awww! That's clever. I have two Cockatiela, one female named Rikki and a male named Chuck. Rikki is well behaved, doesn't scream, and is very bonded to me. Chuck, however, screams, doesn't really have manners, and only wants to be held for a short while. Maybe the guy in the video can show me how to keep Chuck more well behaved. wink.gif

Thanks for sharing the video

Edited by Ember Nightshade, 11 March 2010 - 01:39 AM.

#5 xjadedx

xjadedx

Baby Girl

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,709 posts
  • Interests:anything paranormal, cooking, beer, celtic culture and art, irish step dancing, constellations, backpacking, anything to do with cheese

Posted 11 March 2010 - 04:43 AM

This video is making me very "excited" for my annual bird sitting for my dad and step mom.  They have a 12 year old green cheek conure and he is the most demanding bird in the world.  He has to out of his cage as much as possible which means he on one of y shoulders, than the other, then my head, then my leg, then he pecks at my toes and tries to rip my socks.  He constantly says " Big Kiss", an if you don't say it back he screams it.  If you so much as sneeze (a little one) , he flies around for a good 5 minutes!

I love him, but I never knew how hard it was to take care of a bird.

xjadedx

"Yes, there are two paths you can go by, but in the long run, there's still time to change the road you're on." --Led Zepplin

#6 BlueAngel

BlueAngel

Disembodied Voice

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 07:36 AM

QUOTE(xjadedxGStudy @ Mar 11 2010, 04:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This video is making me very "excited" for my annual bird sitting for my dad and step mom. They have a 12 year old green cheek conure and he is the most demanding bird in the world. He has to out of his cage as much as possible which means he on one of y shoulders, than the other, then my head, then my leg, then he pecks at my toes and tries to rip my socks. He constantly says " Big Kiss", an if you don't say it back he screams it. If you so much as sneeze (a little one) , he flies around for a good 5 minutes!

I love him, but I never knew how hard it was to take care of a bird.

LOL Conure's can be very loud and quirky and demand alot of attention. Also he is spoiled rotten LOL..When you do bird sit, take some pics ok? Picture 510.gif

#7 BlueAngel

BlueAngel

Disembodied Voice

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 07:42 AM

QUOTE(Ember Nightshade @ Mar 11 2010, 01:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Awww! That's clever. I have two Cockatiela, one female named Rikki and a male named Chuck. Rikki is well behaved, doesn't scream, and is very bonded to me. Chuck, however, screams, doesn't really have manners, and only wants to be held for a short while. Maybe the guy in the video can show me how to keep Chuck more well behaved. wink.gif

Thanks for sharing the video

LOL I Love the names esp "Chuck." These breeds tend to be moody, and very head strong, trust me I KNOW first hand. Each one of mine has a totally different personality. I have a rescue female named Bella and she doesnt like anyone except males and even when I feed her and give her fresh water she screams like she is being tortured, but she is cute as a button and happy. When my son comes in, she struts her stuff, hangs like a bat and makes different sounds. They are moody and selective little creatures thats for sure.. confused0068.gif

#8 Joe Joe

Joe Joe

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 285 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 11 March 2010 - 10:24 AM

lol that's awesome, I like this one too http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d81qFaoe010 cockatiel whistles chocobo theme song.

#9 BlueAngel

BlueAngel

Disembodied Voice

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 11:43 AM

OMG How cute!! I turned my speakers all the way up and my birds were going crazy and singing back, just not in tune! good.gif

#10 PumpkinWraith

PumpkinWraith

1D's #1 Fan

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,025 posts
  • Interests:Mainly my family and chatting to and getting to know the many good friends I've made here over the years. I love Rock, Metal and alternative music as well as having a profound interest in the paranormal.

Posted 11 March 2010 - 12:10 PM

One of my mums parrots says "REEEEEDDDRRRRUUUUUMMMMM"  in that menacing evil voice.  He does it exactly like the film, over and over.....which is worrying.  mellow.gif

Posted Image

The Aliens said I could take a friend next time. Apply below ......but no mad people!

#11 BlueAngel

BlueAngel

Disembodied Voice

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 12:20 PM

OMG he does? That's pretty wild LOL..My friendliest one (Bailey) tries to say "pretty girl" but its not that clear, but she tries. My friend has two Quakers and I would love one of them, but they are messy so not sure yet..

#12 Joe Joe

Joe Joe

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 285 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 19 March 2010 - 03:08 AM

QUOTE(PumpkinWraith-UK @ Mar 11 2010, 01:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
One of my mums parrots says "REEEEEDDDRRRRUUUUUMMMMM"  in that menacing evil voice.  He does it exactly like the film, over and over.....which is worrying.  mellow.gif

I can picture it in my head. Would be awesome if it said redrum to an unsuspecting guest, while he was all alone with the bird lol

#13 PumpkinWraith

PumpkinWraith

1D's #1 Fan

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,025 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 03:58 AM

QUOTE(Joe Joe @ Mar 19 2010, 11:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can picture it in my head. Would be awesome if it said redrum to an unsuspecting guest, while he was all alone with the bird lol

Actually he has.  The guy who was installing mum's Satelite box got a bit of a shock.  laugh.gif

Posted Image

#14 Ginger

Ginger

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 201 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 02:04 PM

Our African Grey, Bird, does tricks.  But he's really good at mimicing people.  He'll say something he's learned from someone and he sounds exactly like them.  He's got my brother's uber deep voice down really well.
Bail Dhia ort .... The blessing of God on you

There are 4 things you must never do: lie, steal, cheat, or drink.
But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love.
If you must steal, steal away from bad company.
If you must cheat, cheat death.
And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning." ~ Catherine Aird

#15 BlueAngel

BlueAngel

Disembodied Voice

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 06:24 PM

LOL Birds can be very funny and entertaining! RED RUM! Now thats a classic.. th_sarcastic_blum.gif

#16 Lady Sorbus

Lady Sorbus

Offical GS Headshrinker

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, history, paranormal, symbology, theatre, cinema, Knights Templar, classic cartoons (none of the rubbish out there now), shamanism and witchcraft

Posted 24 March 2010 - 11:03 AM

QUOTE(PumpkinWraith-UK @ Mar 10 2010, 08:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
but the Cockatoo is too set in his way's and just wants to sit in the clubhouse drinking and chatting up the young birds.....

Typical male. All he wants to do is sit around drinking and flirting.  laugh.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users