© Fisana

I Thought It Was Gone...

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts
  • Interests:WOW, our dogs and hanging with good people!

Posted 25 January 2019 - 05:04 AM

A little background.  There was (is) something paranormal in my house.  My kids (who are adults now) have all had experiences at the house while growing up.  I have experienced things and shared them here.  I was told to start a journal and realized that there was a 21 day cycle to experiences.  Anyways, it all stopped after my youngest daughter moved out last July.  My wife and I had not seen or experienced anything since then.  Even our dogs had not acted strange or been staring at something that we could not see.

2 nights ago, our small dog kept barking while in her kennel.  My wife got up 3x to try and get her to quiet down.  The other 2 dogs were all quiet.  My son had to bring his cat to stay with us months ago as he is between a place to live and is staying with a friend.  We keep his cat in the biggest bedroom upstairs.  He is a friendly cat and likes attention.  I go up to clean the litter box and make sure he has plenty of food and water.  I'll let him roam for awhile in the evenings as well.  My wife is not a cat person and cant handle having the cat free roaming the house all the time.  I did not check on him the night before last.  I went up there last night.  The cat would normally be at the bedroom door when he would hear me come up the stairs.  He was under the bed when i entered the room and only came out briefly for me to pet.  If I wasn't petting him, he would go back under the bed.  He did not go out of the room at all which is unusual for him since he has been at our house.  I took the litter box outside to do a complete clean out and washing of the litter box and the cat was still under the bed and only came out after I put fresh litter in.  I took the water container and bowl to the upstairs bathroom to wash it out and get fresh water.

The feeling when I walked in the bathroom was almost palpable.  The hairs on my arms and neck were on end immediately.  It felt like a cold presence around me and I was intruding.  I gave no indication that I was aware nor cared.  I just filled the water container and cleaned the basin.  The cat did not come into the bathroom with me either which he normally does.  The feeling I felt walking into the bathroom was gone as soon as I left the bathroom.

So much for thinking that whatever is there had left when my daughter moved out.
Just because you have one....doesn't mean you have to act like one - Louczar
Life is short, enjoy it!

#2 ClodHead

ClodHead

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:Travel, sightseeing and playing the "Clod Head"

Posted 25 January 2019 - 05:48 AM

Animal are sensitive. it would have made the hair on my arms stand up to

I'll have to go read you're other posts as soon and i work out how to.

#3 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 06:19 AM

http://www.paranorma...zar#entry586719

http://www.paranorma...zar#entry585040

http://www.paranorma...zar#entry566634
http://www.paranorma...zar#entry562501
Life is short, enjoy it!

#4 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,773 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 06:32 AM

Thanks for the links Lou, good to have a refresher of the events :yes:
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#5 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts
  • Interests:Digital Stills / Auditory Enigmas

Posted 25 January 2019 - 04:46 PM

View PostLouczarGStudy, on 25 January 2019 - 06:19 AM, said:

Lou, if it's creating a problem, sometimes asking it vocally in a firm and respectful manner  "to leave" out loud works. I've done this in my own house and hasn't returned to the best of my knowledge.

Also, you can't be sure it's the past entity. There's enough evidence in my research to strongly point to activity being transient in nature. I know other researchers have had auditory captures with the same voice, but I've never captured the same voice twice in 12 years of study.

Some believe a doormat at your front door saying "WELCOME" is an invitation. Who knows?

Edited by EVP, 26 January 2019 - 12:05 AM.

Posted Image

#6 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,773 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 07:05 PM

That is an interesting thought about the welcome mat.  It is a bit like what I have heard about the front door opening, seemingly by its self, that it isn't wise to say "welcome" or "come in". As it too is an invitation.
Posted Image

#7 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 12:03 AM

View PostKlaineyGStudy, on 25 January 2019 - 07:05 PM, said:

That is an interesting thought about the welcome mat.  It is a bit like what I have heard about the front door opening, seemingly by its self, that it isn't wise to say "welcome" or "come in". As it too is an invitation.

That's an interesting spin from the welcome mat Klainey. Thanks for that, hadn't considered that angle.
Posted Image

#8 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,773 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 01:53 AM

Yes after we built, nearly 30 years ago, I had the front door open by itself on numerous occasions.  I remember when a friend was visiting we sat there and watched the door swing open by itself and he casually said "Welcome; come in" as a joke. :headlbash:
Posted Image

#9 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 08:36 AM

View PostEVP, on 25 January 2019 - 04:46 PM, said:

Lou, if it's creating a problem, sometimes asking it vocally in a firm and respectful manner  "to leave" out loud works. I've done this in my own house and hasn't returned to the best of my knowledge.

You may be on to something there.  I know that all activity had stopped after my daughter moved out in July last year.  I had been upstairs a number of times since then...including my sons old room (which is storing some of his furniture right now) and the side attic to get Christmas decorations down and to put them back up.  It was not that long ago that I was in that attic space.  May be 2.5 weeks ago.  I felt nothing.

The feeling the other night was so intense that I was too much of a wimp to even look in my sons old room or the attic!!!

I am working today (as almost every Saturday) and should be home before it is dark outside.  I plan on going upstairs and opening up all the rooms.

I had a thought on my way home last night and wanted to get input / feedback.

When someone sages a house, i have read that they should open up all the blinds, curtains or window coverings to let lots of light in.  That letting lots of light in helps.  I need y'all to chime in on this.  Is this true / accurate?

If the above statement is true.  Then, any rooms that are kept closed up or in total darkness would be more appealing to an entity, ghost or whatever???

I ask this as we have kept all the doors to the rooms upstairs closed all the time....including the bathroom.  That would mean the bathroom has been in total darkness for weeks at a time.  No windows in that bathroom would mean it was very dark the whole time.

EVP - to your statement in telling it to leave.  My wife told me that she had done this while standing in our living room right after our summer vacation last July.  She did not tell me this until a few months later.  I dont know if it had any effect or just coincided when my daughter moved out.  I saw it as another variable that was put into the scenario.  I'm not mad that she did it.  I just wish I had known definitively if it was my daughter moving out or my wife demanding it leave???
Life is short, enjoy it!

#10 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 09:03 AM

View PostLouczarGStudy, on 26 January 2019 - 08:36 AM, said:

You may be on to something there.  I know that all activity had stopped after my daughter moved out in July last year.  I had been upstairs a number of times since then...including my sons old room (which is storing some of his furniture right now) and the side attic to get Christmas decorations down and to put them back up.  It was not that long ago that I was in that attic space.  May be 2.5 weeks ago.  I felt nothing.

The feeling the other night was so intense that I was too much of a wimp to even look in my sons old room or the attic!!!

I am working today (as almost every Saturday) and should be home before it is dark outside.  I plan on going upstairs and opening up all the rooms.

I had a thought on my way home last night and wanted to get input / feedback.

When someone sages a house, i have read that they should open up all the blinds, curtains or window coverings to let lots of light in.  That letting lots of light in helps.  I need y'all to chime in on this.  Is this true / accurate?

If the above statement is true.  Then, any rooms that are kept closed up or in total darkness would be more appealing to an entity, ghost or whatever???

I ask this as we have kept all the doors to the rooms upstairs closed all the time....including the bathroom.  That would mean the bathroom has been in total darkness for weeks at a time.  No windows in that bathroom would mean it was very dark the whole time.

EVP - to your statement in telling it to leave.  My wife told me that she had done this while standing in our living room right after our summer vacation last July.  She did not tell me this until a few months later.  I dont know if it had any effect or just coincided when my daughter moved out.  I saw it as another variable that was put into the scenario.  I'm not mad that she did it.  I just wish I had known definitively if it was my daughter moving out or my wife demanding it leave???

Much of my research has revolved around evidential discovery. I have done a fair bit of reading heard many accounts first hand on cleansings. I do not consider myself an expert. You will get many opinions on how to cleanse properly. What I have gathered is to allow proper access for the exiting while smudging/saging prior. What this means is to open all windows and all points of access to ensure nothing is trapped.

If improperly performed, you can escalate activity.  The smudging then turns into a nightmare, that can be difficult to rectify.

What I would recommend you do first is what I originally suggested but I would tell it to leave firmly and how this is your home. Include your wife in the firm talk holding her hand to combine energies.

At that point, I would monitor for a week or two. If that proves to be ineffective, go to stage 2 with saging/smudging. Once again just be careful an application. Good Luck Lou.

Edited by EVP, 26 January 2019 - 09:05 AM.

Posted Image

#11 True North

True North

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 08:32 PM

On doormats:

The words we choose matter, and this includes words we choose to place at our doors. 'Welcome' mats are silly because not everyone who comes to someone's door is going to be welcome; there are going to be those who are decidedly NOT welcome.

On house rules:

For home owners, it's best practice to carefully consider and be very clear on who IS (clearly articulate this) and who ISN'T (clearly articulate this) welcome – and not allowed at all – in your home. House rules need not be posted anywhere, or even written down, but they do need to be created by someone with the authority to do so - i.e. created by the owner(s) of said house/property or by whoever has been put in charge by the owner(s).

1. Create your house rules.
2. (you don't have to but you may wish to) Inform all those present of the house rules.

'Informing' means this is not an 'ask' - you're not asking, you're telling certain individuals to leave (by way of stating the rules / by way of laying down the law of the space you control). Mean what you say, say it with focused intent, but remember: there's no need to raise your voice; the power of the words you speak is not measured by how loud you speak them. Powerful people don't need to yell. Powerful people don't need to turn to charms and superstition, or to gadgets, or need to burn a particular incense, or light particular candles etc. If it's your body, it's your body. If it's your space, it's your space. Take responsibility for them / exercise control over them. That is all.

#12 MichelleGStudy

MichelleGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,526 posts
  • Interests:I am in private practice with a primary focus on treatment & management of eye disease. I enjoy astronomy, paranormal Investigating, visiting cemeteries, geocaching, gold panning, metal detecting & things of that nature.

Posted 29 January 2019 - 07:15 PM

Lou my friend - that account chilled me to the core. I pray it hasn't been there all this time, but whatever the case might be - we will rally around you and do what's needed. You're a good, kind man and do not deserve this.
Keep us updated and close.
Michelle

#13 Ridgeki

Ridgeki

EVP

• GS Member
  • 76 posts
  • Interests:essay writting expert
    woman'ssoccer

Posted 29 January 2019 - 09:06 PM

Wow what a scary place.  You my friend are in my thoughts. I have been lurking so long I feel I have know you for years. I wish you all the best my friend.

#14 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 06:09 AM

update.  I was upstairs again last night.  The cat was acting normal and I did not have any feelings of a presence.  I did not go into the bathroom or the bedroom with the attic door.  I got home late and it was pretty late when I took care of the cat.  I will get up there next chance I can when I can open up the blinds and such to let the light in!
Life is short, enjoy it!

#15 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,773 posts

Posted 31 January 2019 - 02:07 AM

Yes definitely keep those blinds open and let the light in. Thanks for the update. You are in my thoughts :yes:
Posted Image

#16 Ridgeki

Ridgeki

EVP

• GS Member
  • 76 posts
  • Interests:essay writting expert
    woman'ssoccer

Posted 01 February 2019 - 02:05 AM

Yes  keep us updated I fine it fascinating and scary. glad your cat was acting noramal.

#17 KolIkA

KolIkA

EVP

• GS Member
  • 93 posts

Posted 01 February 2019 - 08:14 PM

Animals especially cats seem to be very intuitive. Let us know how things go once you are back in those rooms. Fingers crossed that it has gone.

#18 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 11:33 PM

How are you going now? Hopefully things have settled down for you.
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#19 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 08:40 AM

I was upstairs last night and went into the bathroom.  I had no odd feelings of any type.  I went into all the bedrooms and the side attic to just to see if I felt anything.  There were no odd feelings to report in any way!  This made me pretty happy...

Then I wondered while driving in to work this morning if the feeling I had that started this thread was on some type of schedule like when I noticed things in the house and kept a journal?  Then I thought...who cares!  Nothing going on right now and I am very happy about it!  Lets hope it stays that way!!!
Life is short, enjoy it!

#20 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,773 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 05:32 PM

Then I thought...who cares!  Nothing going on right now and I am very happy about it!  Lets hope it stays that way!!!

A very good way to think :yes:
Posted Image